Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

Ep2 or CW clones ??

Which clone do you prefer ?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Choose asap

• Classic Ep2 Clone
    • CW revamped clone

I would like to comment on the new 'Basic' Clone Troopers...

1. I'm still having a hard time determining if the cheeks are printed or are actually molded.

2. The absence of the thing on the front of the Clone trooper which block the view of the neck is missing. This is a Pro/Con situatuion.

-Pro

It can not turn as free as it wants!

-Con

Fleshie neck visible!!

3. The torso is detailed very differently from anything else. I can't determine if I like it or if I do not like it.

4. I like the filling in of the eyepiece....well this is also a Pro/con situation.

My overall view of the new clone trooper is too fuzzy... I would really like to see it in my hand.

i dont know what you mean by the part that blocks the clones neck. you can see the fleshie neck, but ill kust replace it with a black blank one ;-) i dunno about the torso, ive never seen the origianal phase 1 torso...

...anyways, what is with the assaj fig? does it have actual lego legs under there, or a 2x2x2 brick?

i dont know what you mean by the part that blocks the clones neck. you can see the fleshie neck, but ill kust replace it with a black blank one ;-) i dunno about the torso, ive never seen the origianal phase 1 torso...

Well, here is a comparison of the two ones lego released.

Old:

sw058.jpg

New:

tf94_08.jpg

Thanks for the great comparision, ImperialScouts! Really helpful those of us who don't have the old Phase 1 clones!

Looking at it, I have to say that I like the new clones way better than the old ones!

*y* The part of the helmet they look through looks better painted on and allows to have an actual face underneath it.

*y* The face is a cartoony Jango!

*y* The fact that you can see the fesh neck makes it look more realistic.

*y* The new helmets also have those little holes on the side that enable you to attach cool things like antenas or one of those blind thingies!

*y* And even the new better and more accurate!

PS: Does anyone have close-ups of Obi Wan? :'-)

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks for the great comparision, ImperialScouts! Really helpful those of us who don't have the old Phase 1 clones!

Yes thank you ImperialScouts!

*y* The new helmets also have those little holes on the side that enable you to attach cool things like antenas or one of those blind thingies!

I've been examining the pictures, and I think the helmets can hold more that just that. They may be able to hook up to standard helmet visors, like the ones on standard helmets. That would be cool to give your clones special visors!

Hawaii Wal*Mart, I have the clearance dates marked on my calender X-D

Should have expected that from a SW nerd :-P

P

Yup, that's me! X-D

Great comparision, ImperialScouts! *sweet* Although I do notice the 'lip' where the head is visible. More slip-ups from TLC...

Yes, I think you're right, cc007! Those visors would help with modded clones. For example, a green visor for a painted Kashyyyk clone or a clear visor for a Mygeeto clone!

*wacko* What detail? What parts?? I can barely make out anything from that fuzzy picture, except for the ball-turrets with the V-Wing style guns on them and those big round things from the MM jellie ships or the rogue shadow. :-/

About the figs: Probably mostly droids, and almost no good guys, maybe just some clones. right now I don't expect anything special, but TLC has been known to surprise us there recently! ;-)

Also, he's obviously referring to the Republic Gunship, the one where such details as he mentioned are visible. Never confine yourself to one new pic just because it's the newest one. ;-)

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

*y* The fact that you can see the fesh neck makes it look more realistic.

I'd have to disagree with that one considering no skin is visible when troopers have their armor on.

I'd have to disagree with that one considering no skin is visible when troopers have their armor on.

Yeah, I think they did a better job with the ole' Jango Fett mini-figure. You can see the head at the bottom there but it looks like Jango is wearing a head covering so what shows through is black and not pink or yellow.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because my old clones and my new clones won't match and it will be the apocolypse!

-Tohst

I believe to remember scenes from SW:CW where their neck does show when they get their butt kicked by Grievous, but yes, usually it is hard to notice. So, you might be right, but I don't really care for standard clones anyway; I just want those sweet Arc troopers! X-D And on them you hardly notice the flesh neck with that thing on their shoulders!

Yeah, I think they did a better job with the ole' Jango Fett mini-figure. You can see the head at the bottom there but it looks like Jango is wearing a head covering so what shows through is black and not pink or yellow.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because my old clones and my new clones won't match and it will be the apocolypse!

Although that is an interresting idea, I don't think that that would be better. Jango may be wearing a headpiece (we don't know for sure), but clones definitely don't. Besides, I really like the idea of using that head to make a fleshie, cartoonie Jango. But if you are so upset about this detail and like the old-Jango-head idea, you can always order those from BL or just get non-painted black heads from Pick-A-Brick or something. ;-)

-Tohst

Well I personally prefer the original style with just a black head. I think they really missed the point when it comes to the minifigs in this CW line.

Well I personally prefer the original style with just a black head. I think they really missed the point when it comes to the minifigs in this CW line.

:-| The "point" being? What was this "point" supposed to be?

This is such a silly gripe...the "point" is that the figs are based on the animated series, so they are drawn to represent the art in the animated series. You can "personally" object, but there is most certainly a reason for it and the reason makes total sense from a marketing point of view....no one cares about someone who already has 1000 clone troopers...it's more about the person yet to buy one.

This is such a silly gripe...the "point" is that the figs are based on the animated series, so they are drawn to represent the art in the animated series. You can "personally" object, but there is most certainly a reason for it and the reason makes total sense from a marketing point of view....no one cares about someone who already has 1000 clone troopers...it's more about the person yet to buy one.

The point is that with anime faces, it won't fit in. The point of LEGO is to build with pieces that can interact and fit in with other pieces, and anime faces won't look good next to regular (and IMO superior) faces. If we were given regular faces, I doubt that many of us would be begging for anime faces. I'm not so sure the kids like it either. I can't see why kids would prefer a face like that, with creepy wrinkles that make them look like they haven't slept in days, huge eyes, etc. Of course, that's my opinion, and you may find them awesome...

I'm also beginning to prefer the old clone helms...Hopefully the prices will drop so I can buy replacements. But then again, that ARC... *wub*

Well, I've got around 8 or 10 clone troopers, all from Ep III. The "point" is that they should have stuck with the stylized look they already used. The accuracy argument is very weak when the ones based off of real people have less facial details than ones based off of the animated model. If kids wanted accuracy for their LEGO minifigs, then when you bought a set with Obi Wan, we'd see Ewan McGregor's face printed on there. Kids who want accuracy go with Hasbro, not LEGO.

Well, I've got around 8 or 10 clone troopers, all from Ep III. The "point" is that they should have stuck with the stylized look they already used. The accuracy argument is very weak when the ones based off of real people have less facial details than ones based off of the animated model. If kids wanted accuracy for their LEGO minifigs, then when you bought a set with Obi Wan, we'd see Ewan McGregor's face printed on there. Kids who want accuracy go with Hasbro, not LEGO.

After looking back at most of the posts, my guess is that the vote splits 50/50, or maybe a little to the against column. I myself really like this new look because it give our little *wub* beloved minifigs a bit more character, although I do concede that most adults would go to Hasbro for accuracy. I propose three things then.

First, and I am glad to see, this has not gotten to personal yet. Let's all try to keep it that way. Our mods are just like us, and I bet really dislike having to discipline any of us, let alone ban someone, (unless they are all Monty Python hold-overs at castle Anthrax >:-) ). We all contribute to this assume site by our courteous comments.

Second, I propose a poll, just to see where we all fall. Heck, I love polls, except the North ands South ones, of which I feel in recent months the North one has garnered to much of its accursed weather here on Hoth X-D .

Third, and this would be hard to pull off, but what about a sub forum that would allow us members to exchange. Heck, even Lego might go for it, to keep us whinny ;-) AFOL's happy :-D :-D . The one thing displeasing to me about all this is that, and WW hit it on the head, continueality. I have 3 RGS's and 4 AT-TE. All my Phase 1 clones will look a bit out of place next to, and again, my opine, their nicer looking brothers.

Okie my Padawans, after reading Palin Jax post, I thought it was a great idea so here is the poll and I moved all the posts relati_ng to that "issue" in here !!

Whiche clone do you prefer ?

sw058.jpg

New:

tf94_08.jpg

So cast you vote !!

Cast your otes and discuss in a friendly atmosphere if you catch m

Great idea *yoda* ! *sweet* I voted for the new ones. Afterall, you can't see though the "real" visors and it's about time these poor clones had faces! :-P

The main reason they don't have the neck guard is so you can fit on the piece seen in tis pic:

2273877676_1e6aa3cc8d.jpg

Dammit sam, now that I saw that pic I wish I voted for the new ones. :'-( Anyway, the old ones have still grown on me and they look real(duh). Plus, the CW clones have the wrong belt. :-| I know, you can't really hold that against them since they are Animated, but I still like the old ones.

hard to decise, but classics. I don't like epII clones.

classics have good head and not ugly anime heads. also I hate helmets lesser than news.

but CW torsos are better.

It was tough but I went with the new clone as it has the ability to use the visor.

I'm all conflicted. As a base clone, the old one is better but as the enhanced clone, the new one is.

Tohst- if this is the biggest issue I have all week, life is gooooood

2 Questions:

1. Will there be more clones, say the tank thing has a squad of troops?

2. Are the new Clone set pictures at the toyfair preliminary? Or final? If its final that sucks... The AT-TE isnt that changed than the last and its got weird colour stickers. And I would improve on the side turrents to the RGS and more clones. How about 4 Clones, cody, 2 jedis and the sith?

2 Questions:

1. Will there be more clones, say the tank thing has a squad of troops?

2. Are the new Clone set pictures at the toyfair preliminary? Or final? If its final that sucks... The AT-TE isnt that changed than the last and its got weird colour stickers. And I would improve on the side turrents to the RGS and more clones. How about 4 Clones, cody, 2 jedis and the sith?

I thik they are still preliminary sets. Since it say preliminary across the entire bottom of the box...well its close to final as u see some of the paint (on plo koon and clones) isnt really well done and that will probably b fixed and a few little changs...if were lucky they might change the clone count but..i think its like this cuse maybe just maybe we will get some ep 2 clone bps. i think they shuld really consider cuttin obi wan kenobi for 2 extra clonies thatd be nice:)