Sign in to follow this  
gabrielerava

[MOC] Modular: Dock Inn

Happy new year to everyone,

new year and new moc: the Dock Inn. :wink:

IMG_3846

This is my first "corner" MOC (maybe inverted...). The building id comprised of three floors. On the first floor there is the Dock Inn with a small courtyard and a little berceau.

At the second floor you can find the rooms for the guests of the inn and at the third floor there is the apartment of the old Captain Nemo, the guy that owns and manages the inn.

At the ground floor besides in the courtyard next to the dinner tables for the guests of the inn you can see a little well (maybe used in past days by smugglers).

Next to the entrance to the inn there's a sacred niche and the door to the upper levels.

IMG_3859

IMG_3860

On the upper floors the captain with his parrot, big blue windows, elegant flowerpots and a small pergola.

IMG_3863

IMG_3856

What's the use for the suspended small green house? Actually it's not suspended, it's connected with a MOC to come: a build in front of the inn I'm working on.

And this is also the cause for part of the dock to be made in red bricks...

IMG_3855

Here follow some additional pictures where you can see the Dock's Inn linked to the Fish ahn Sea Shop

(my previous MOC - https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/156005-moc-fishsea-shop/&tab=comments#comment-2878294). Hope you like both of them!

IMG_3889

IMG_3894

IMG_3898

Once more, happy new year and let me know your thoughts.  : )

Some very lively buildings you have build there so far. I love the little details, such as the small Mary statue and that Belle's dress piece.

This is wonderful Gabrielerava! Lots of clever little builds here, I like that you're not afraid to use the brighter side of the Lego color palette and you make great use of it here. It goes together with your awesome Fish and Sea Shop excellently, I didn't know you were going to expand on that and now I can't wait to see more. Great work!

Looks fantastic! I was slightly thrown by the first couple of pictures with the new building on its own, but it works brilliantly in the context of the other buildings you’re making. I love the historic sea front idea, and you’ve absolutely made the most of it with lots of clever and fun little details. As @koalayummies says, the use of bright colours is also really nice, and means everything maintains that timeless Lego feel.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, DK_Titan said:

Cool building :classic:

Thanks!

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, mattmarsden said:

Nice, very atmospheric

Thanks!

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, Orange Leader said:

Some very lively buildings you have build there so far. I love the little details, such as the small Mary statue and that Belle's dress piece.

Thanks! I Always try to use some piece from the garbage bin! :wink:

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, Chilis said:

Love it! Many nice details and cool signs :wub:

Glad you appreciated the signs!

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, koalayummies said:

This is wonderful Gabrielerava! Lots of clever little builds here, I like that you're not afraid to use the brighter side of the Lego color palette and you make great use of it here. It goes together with your awesome Fish and Sea Shop excellently, I didn't know you were going to expand on that and now I can't wait to see more. Great work!

No fear! I often buy lego sets when discounted and then try to use the pieces available to create something interesting. I will keep posting updates in the next months (a couple of addition are planned at the moment).

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, DeanLearner said:

Looks fantastic! I was slightly thrown by the first couple of pictures with the new building on its own, but it works brilliantly in the context of the other buildings you’re making. I love the historic sea front idea, and you’ve absolutely made the most of it with lots of clever and fun little details. As @koalayummies says, the use of bright colours is also really nice, and means everything maintains that timeless Lego feel.

The building is built in a bizarre way (no standard modular dimensions or approach) as it helps to close a corner and connect to the next building to come. Actually each lego piece finds its way!

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, lady_bricker said:

I love it! :D

Thanks

That's really cool! Great detail work and all three models go great together! Are you going to add another building to the arch that goes no where?

On 17/1/2018 at 5:44 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

That's really cool! Great detail work and all three models go great together! Are you going to add another building to the arch that goes no where?

Yes, of course! 

Sweet job.  I like what you did with the wall at the back of the resto.  Well done!