Henchmen4Hire

Are there any MOC sites that highlight specific LEGO parts?

I was hoping to find a place where I could browse people's MOCs, filtered by specific part. For example, lets say I wanted to find MOCs that use 52035:

Spoiler

Lego Motorcycle Fairing, City

I would just type that part number in a search box and the site would give me all MOCs including it.

Is there any site like that? And if not, is there any interest in a site like that? I think it could host contests to see all the clever ways people use a specific part.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

I don't believe so, but I think that at the very least, Flickr users should start tagging photos of their creations with part numbers that are made of prominent usage within that build. For a period of time, I had an obsession with AFOL creations that utilized part no. 87559, and therefore started tagging creations that did use that piece where I could. I also started at the same a Flickr Gallery of creations that prominently utilized the part, but I haven't contributed to it very recently.

Flickr Gallery - Digger of Bricks - Lego Creations Utilizing Part No. 88559

I wish.  I remember looking for such a thing specifically to get ideas for use of that exact part.

I guess the closest thing would be getting people to tag them in photos like Digger says, but, effort.

You can just join rebrickable, add the part to you "loos parts list" and search for MOCs where you already have some of the parts needed. This should give you a list of MOCs.

I think it's a good idea to enclose highlighted elements used in a MOC for search purposes. Next time I will upload pictures of my MOCs on my Flickr account, I will add a few tags with specific elements numbers.

Nothing to really add to what has already been suggested, I would like to have that part in the first post though. I think it would be great for a small snowmobile. 

On 1/5/2018 at 9:01 PM, Lasse D said:

You can just join rebrickable, add the part to you "loos parts list" and search for MOCs where you already have some of the parts needed. This should give you a list of MOCs.

https://rebrickable.com/parts/89536/motorcycle-fairing-modern/#parts

You can just search by part - no need to register an account or add loose parts.

As above, that part is used in two MOCs in white and 1 in red.

https://rebrickable.com/parts/89536/motorcycle-fairing-modern/15/#mocs

https://rebrickable.com/parts/89536/motorcycle-fairing-modern/4/#mocs

There is also note of an unofficial yellow release in a MOC which is the sae as the red one.