Capt Wolf

Eslandola Colonial Council, Second Cycle, 618, IN SESSION

"Dear me!" exclaimed Agent Guelds, rolling his eyes, "What happened to the good old days when a body could take a nap?!  One can't take a breathe these days without the good old Governor's whack whack sounding in one's ears!  I declare, work in the council is more awfully quick than in the thick of the Mardierian war!"

While everyone in the ETWC delegation heartily concurs with Chef Jalape's sentiments, Willoughby still convinced them to go ahead and vote for the proposal, though the Lieutenant was heard grumbling something about hoping that Eslandolans had better sense than to run for office when they might be napping instead...

Guilder was pleased with the quick action of the council. "And so it is decided, 15-0, to hold a special election for the seats of the Sea of Thieves delegation. Campaigning by any interested party may begin immediately, with voting to be held April 15." WHACK went his gavel again!

OOC: Any Eslandolan player not currently in the council may post a "campaign" MOC in the forum to be in consideration for the vacant spot. The MOC must be situated in the Sea of Thieves. If the player does not have any previous builds in the Sea of Thieves region, the MOC must demonstrate the player's new connection to the region. More than one MOC per player is allowed if desired for story-telling purposes.

[This is Chapter I of Captain Argentum's Vignette Adventures.  Continue to Chapter II?]

Early this morning the mail was delivered to the various members of the Colonial Council as they sat in their moldering clothes on their rickety seats while the building slowly crumbled to dust around them.

The mailman brought three letters to the MCTC delegation desk.  All three were for Captain Argentum.

The first one was from his fiancee.  He rubbed his eyes when he saw the address and looked at the calendar.  Horrified to see how long he'd been wasting away in the council house tomb he shuddered and muttered, "I must leave this place!  I must seek my fortune elsewhere!  The high seas for me!  O my beloved, I am coming!"  He sprang briefly to his feet, but looking around on the listless counselors, hearing the creak of their necks as they glanced in his direction, he sobered.  "Duty calls," he sighed.  "'I must love honor more...'"  He resumed his seat, quietly read the letter--there was a lot in it about a Corry officer, which made him sigh again--and then turned the other two letters over.

One was from King Fernando.  Now that he was a member of the Colonial Council, Captain Argentum knew that to correspond with the King was little less than treason.  Besides, all he ever said was please send more nightcaps and lobsters.  He held the letter to the tiny bit of candle left on the desk and burnt it.

The last letter was his bank statement.  He read carelessly at first, not expecting anything more than the usual ever augmenting pile of shiny gold doubloons. 

Suddenly Captain Argentum jumped up, knocking over his chair which splintered in twenty six and one half pieces as it hit the ground.  He roared in horror and agony, stomping his feet until the debris falling off the ceiling made him cough.  "Impossible!  Ninety one DBs!  Shiver me timbers--I don't believe it!"

"What is it, Captain?" Esterhazy asked.  "Has your washerwoman overcharged you?"

"Worse!  Worse and worse a thousand times!  I've been taxed!"

"A flat 1% on all Eslandian accounts, levied every turn..." Esterhazy droned, recalling his proposal.

"Horror of horrors!  Is our free nation to be thus desecrated?!"

"Why you voted for it yourself, my good Captain."

Captain Argentum rushed over to the register of votes in disbelief but there was his name, sure enough.  He cried out in fury.  "'Tis like a cowardly landlubber to trap a man in this pit of decrepitude until his moral rectitude is turned into turpitude!" he bellowed.  "I refuse, I retire, I throw my commission in your face!  I go to seek my fortune!  I warn you all to beware!  There is no fury like that of a Sea Captain taxed!"

He stomped out of the room.

"Do you think he'll be coming back?" asked the Admius Legistrad.

"I doubt it," Esterhazy replied.

Guilder nodded.  "'Tis just as well; it would be hard to repair that chair.

There was a line changed the next day in the roll call: Edward Argentum.  Absent.

Off%20to%20Seek%20His%20Fortune%20%28smaller%29.jpg

Off%20to%20Seek%20His%20Fortune%20Empty%20%28smaller%29.jpg

OOC: I felt like something happening. :pir-grin:  It might continue or it might not. :smug:

Edited by Kai NRG

:laugh: :rofl: !!  For some reason I'm in love with that vig!  Great use of those broken pieces, and that chair is fantastic too :thumbup:  Hilarious story as well - I see you were trying to break the record for the use of the most words ending in -itude in the same sentence :grin:

You're not posting it on Flickr, though?!  I'd favorite it if you did! :pir-grin:

3 hours ago, Garmadon said:

You're not posting it on Flickr, though?!  I'd favorite it if you did! :pir-grin:

Yes... no... I don't know... the endless debate... :laugh:  I want to see if I'm going to continue with a series first. :wink: 

Thanks though!  Sudden inspiration because when I saw the latest account summary I was horrified to see that I had been taxed but half-way through writing I remembered that we had proposed it and voted on it a few months ago. :tongue:

@Kai NRG :iamded_lol:

Excellent story !

And excellent chair design ! I like it ! Is it counting effectively 26 and a half pieces for real ? I am not sure of it... :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Faladrin said:

And excellent chair design ! I like it ! Is it counting effectively 26 and a half pieces for real ? I am not sure of it... :pir-grin:

It's 13 LEGO pieces so they'd all have to break in half and one into three. :look: :laugh:

Thanks to both you and @Capt Wolf!