Capt Wolf

Eslandola Colonial Council, Second Cycle, 618, IN SESSION

Lady Condora quickly took advantage of this motion to take over Doctor Ayuda's reserves and said a loud and clear :

"YES !" I am supporting this motion ! Let's get pirates chasing with our friends from Corrington !

Doctor Ayuda looked at her desperately... 

"I am not sure our problems will be solved by violence at sea, I am more in favor of a land intervention to help the men lost in the jungle... I cannot support this motion" one abstention.

Chief Apulo seemed embarrassed too, but simply stood still and mumbled a simple "Yes"

Lady Condora pushed him with her elbow to make him develop.

"I am supporting the joint pirate chase mission, I think it could prevent dangerous crews to reach our lands."

So, that's 2 Yes and 1 Abstention for the Prio Sea delegation.

Lady Cantoni sauntered over to the Corrington lieutenant, squatted in front of him, and positioned herself so that he had a good view of her cleavage. Once she had his undivided attention she gripped his face with her left hand, lifted it so that he would be staring into her eyes, and purred, "Your masters made the mess of Nova Malto worse by their interference, cost us time and effort on building in their lands instead of rebuilding what is ours, and now they beg our help with the pirate threat because they are too busy managing their own unruly citizens." Releasing him as she stood, Valentia turned to say to the Council, "We can meet what threats come our way without their assistance. Nay!"

Hammish picked up an ink-filled quill, and tossed it like a dart at the lieutenant. "Nay."

Viscount Doblin stood with a grumbled, "Whatever." He left the chambers in search of a roast beef sandwich.

(That's two nays and an abstention.)

Edited by gedren_y

The lieutenant frowned, taken aback. He might just be a mere lieutenant, but surely, this was no way to treat the representative of another nation? Insulting his Queen and country in such a patronising way? He decided to hold his tongue - however, this would certainly go into his report.

Captain Argentum had sat grumbling to himself under his beard (*runs to check and make sure Captain Argentum has a beard*) for several minutes now, but with the slight commotion caused by Lady Cantoni's remarks and Doblin's exit, his rumblings grew markedly louder.  "Good help is good help," he remarked rather bluntly.  "And both our nations know that either one of us can handle these pests on our own, but I'd be glad to see a common foe bring us closer together.  It's a yea from me.  Only I complain that with so many strings attached thanks to our good cautious Govenor Guilder" - with a nod in the Adminus' direction - "the motion has lost all its flavor.  Oh, and, Lieutenant, if I could put in a good word for the crabs - "

Esterhazy stood up hurriedly.  "I too am in favor of cooperation with Corrington on this matter.  Whatever our past disagreements and issues have been, as a mature council, we are willing to assume that the Corries - and we as well - have learned from them.  I register my vote as a yea."  He sat down, and glanced in Chef Jalape's direction.

But the worthy chef was nowhere to be seen, and Esterhazy could only guess that the mention of crabs had reminded him of how close it was to dinnertime...

Two yeas and one abstention.

Governor Monezterrell raised from his seat. I'm not sure if I want to have our warships sail along those of a faction that seems to be running into internal troubles while trying fighting at the same time. I'm all for an anti-piracy campaign, but I would prefer if we send our own fleet out for this. Nay.

Lamar Evercreez: Having fought abord several vessels in our recent war and seeing how the pirates around here fight, especially if organised, we can't refuse help dealing with this apparent problem Governor, no matter how unstable they are. Yay.

Farrucio Paraja: Well... It sounds like Corrington just wants some free help; our fleet hasn't run into issue with pirates recently (Editors note: MAESTRO, not ESL). I'm not gonna vote against it, but I'm certainly not supporting it. 

I get your point Captain, but you are not changing my mind here.
I think the time might have come to discuss our proceedings with the Sea Rat situation in Fuerte Unido. I've 
received several messages that they have set up some of the greatest breweries around the entire Prio Seas (someone else yells: No Surprise! They sure know how to be drunk all the time!), and have helped improve some parts around the town; they have even offered to pay for damages on the vessels they "accidentally" damaged. How shall we proceed here?

(Lamar Evercreez:) I haven't dealt with most of them, but no matter what, the Peregrine won't leave port in their hands! Their fault for bringing a vessel they previously used against us into our own port!

Once more, the lieutenant's brows were caused to be raised by this republican assembly. "Internal troubles? Instability?" Had his ears deceived him? He shrugged to himself and privately wondered if the admiralty had been wise in their decision to seek cooperation with a nation obviously holding Her Majesty's Corrington in such low regard...

Meanwhile several days ago in Fuerte Unido somewhere on the edge of the jungle .... Capitan Larvey loads several bottles of Bru-Haha and a sealed letter addressing the members of Council.

IMG_20180214_022835

I want you to take this crate directly to council in Weelond after you deliver the rest of the Bru-Haha around the settlement.

After sealing the top the boys got the wagon loaded...

IMG_20180214_023854

Once deliveries were made the hired driver set sail for Weelond with his special assignment and a bag of silver for his troubles.

After a couple days travel the driver finds the council hall he stops and takes in the details before heading inside the red brick structure crate in tow.

IMG_20180214_075152

Upon entering the main hall he sought out head of council and opened the crate and handed him the letter.

Dear gentlemen and ladies of council -

I am writing to you today in hopes you take a moment and enjoy the latest drink to grace the settlement of Fuerte Unido.  It is called Bru-Haha ... Its quite a superior drink to any currently on the market and after a long day of politicing your sure to enjoy a good relaxing calm.

Weeks ago myself and others ships were detained.  We set out into the jungle to explore ... And explore we did ... Many of you may be unaware of this plant Minifigurous failurous as it is a recent discovery.  Lady Glycol and her great understanding of science was the first to formulate the brew. After this we scaled up her experiment to a much larger set up ... And began full scale production.  We already have most of the settlement requesting Bru-Haha exclusively in taverns and inns.  Its properties store well for sea travel ... As well as Sherry and tastes better ... Works are underway to set up Bru-Haha shops that will distribute and sell Bru-Haha exclusively.  You see gentlemen and fair gentlewomen ...you may refer to us as pirates because we bow to no crown no government.  We may sail under the Sea Rats colors but we be not mere pirates ... We be traders and businesspeople as well.  We really have been enjoying your beautiful settlement and are in hopes of leaving it improved not destroyed as some may think we do.  We at this time believe that the Minifigurous failurous can be cultivated and farmed as a cash crop not only in your settlement but others with favorable growing conditions.

Please Enjoy some complimentary Bru-Haha as a gesture to improve all our situations.

Signed Captain Larvey of the Drunken Monkey

Spoiler

OOC: If the hall is able to be licenced consider it a gift to Weelond.

Some additional Photos:

IMG_20180214_075210

IMG_20180214_075136IMG_20180214_024801

I developed the wagon draw bar to support a team of horses and look somewhat realistic ... I've not seen the method used before in all the searches I did trying to figure out a wagon style but i will use it again.  The mini build was fun hopefuly it fits the styling ok.  I was told the interior was based off Independence Hall in PA so I loosely based the exterior off it.

A determined teetotaler, Captain Argentum huffed and crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair.  The returned Chef Jalape, on the other hand, looked quite interested.  He was wondering what the effects of this new beverage would be if poured into a hot pan with a dash of his favorite spices and a few other secret ingredients.

OOC: I really like that micro! :thumbup: 

Pieter Reyngout got up from his seat in the Sea of Storms delegation, picked up a bottle of Bru-Haha from the crate, uncorked it and took a swig. After a moment's consideration, "That's good stuff!" he exclaimed. "I'll have to look into getting this into my tavern on a regular basis."

Back at his desk, he remained standing. "As regards the proposal, I have no quarrel with the Corries, and piracy is bad for business, so I will support it."

"I am not certain of our resources to go pirate hunting at this time," began Aaron van der Meede. Reyngout passed him the bottle, and Aaron took a drink. "Ah, mmm, that's good ... er, and the matter in Fuerte Unido seems to be under control, so I will vote Nay," offered Aaron van der Meede, although he was not particularly emphatic in his statement.

"Add my 'Yea' vote" offered Guilder from his desk at the front of the hall. "It was my proposal, after all. So that is 2 Yeas and 1 Nay from the Sea of Storms delegation. We only need to hear from the Sea of Thieves delegation now." [nudge @Umbra-Manis]

Captain Haddock didn't even bother to rise from his seat as he thundered, "You know where I stand, It's hunting time!"

Unfortunately the length of the session, had led to Counselor Hadelson dozing off in his seat, and attempts to rouse him subtly were unsuccessful. Revon de Crocodil stood quickly to fill the silence, "I also stand in favor of hunting vessels whose sole purpose is piracy, but we must be sure that traders are not harmed. Trade is our lifeblood as well as theirs."

2 Yeas and an Abstention from the Sea of Thieves 

"Thank you, Revon. Well said." Guilder scribbled some numbers on the paper on his desk. "By my tally, the proposal passes by a vote of 12 to 4, with 5 abstentions." Guilder turned to the Corrlander lieutenant. "Young man, report to your superiors that Eslandola accepts Corrington's suggestion to mount a joint anti-piracy effort, as specified in the proposal passed by this council, and that we will send word through other channels to work out the details."

The Lieutenant stood and bowed to Guilder.

"Might I trouble you for a written message to my superiors?" he asked. "I am quite unaccustomed to your republican ways, and wish to avoid any possible misunderstanding."

"Yes, of course." Guilder turned to the council scribe, who was already well along in writing out a copy of the proposal for the records.

"On February 16, 618, the Eslandola Colonial Council hereby resolves to take up Corrington on their offer of a joint anti-piracy mission, providing that we are only hunting outlaws, not traders who are simply trying to live their lives out from under the yoke of another government."

"Details for coordinating ships and destinations for this anti-piracy effort will follow through other communication channels."

Guilder took the page from the scribe and handed it to the lieutenant. "Will that be satisfactory, young man?"

"Perfectly, sir. I bid you good day" he said with a bow and left the council hall.

The hall atmosphere instantly lightened.  It seemed everyone breathed easier without that potentially snoopy spy from their uptight neighbors in red.

Sorry.  Couldn't resist. :pir_tong2:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

The hall atmosphere instantly lightened.  It seemed everyone breathed easier without that potentially snoopy spy from their uptight neighbors in red.

Sorry.  Couldn't resist. :pir_tong2:

Yeah, it has really felt like you have been moderating yourselves when it comes to talking about Corrington...

:pir-tongue:

16 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Yeah, it has really felt like you have been moderating yourselves when it comes to talking about Corrington...

:pir-tongue:

Well we have... :pir-laugh:

On 2/15/2018 at 5:19 PM, Drunknok said:

So is this entire council getting poisoned by a filthy Sea Rat? *huh*

Poisoned Nay my friend ... Refreshed very much so ... Here have a Bru-Haha and enjoy the calm

Esterhazy de Troir made a cameo in my last build, for anyone who is curious as to what the sensible member of the MCTC delegation looks like:

40014807545_7ba9153cfd.jpg

High Priestess Ylsbeth the Starcatcher of the Crahaish neh Triuri quietly enters the meeting hall. She goes to each of the Colonial Council members, gifting each with a purple coin saying, "With the blessings of the Triuri." She then leaves as quietly as she came.

Willoughby picked up his coin, turned it back and forth, shrugged, tossed it up and swallowed it.  Then he promptly swiped the other two on the desk in front of him and bolted them too.

Agent Guelds jumped towards his as Willoughby grabbed it, but was too slow, and he leaned back in his seat chagrined.  He'd figured they might someday become collectables. 

The Lieutenant, as usual when there was nothing going on to let him talk about war, was sound asleep.

Hammish put his palm over his face to contain his laughter as he pocketed his coin. He knew full well what was used to make the coins purple. He knew that Willoughby, having swallowed three, will soon have a bulge that needs attending for at least 24 hours. "Please tell me he has a woman in his life," he gasped out between fits of laughter, "Dye made from the fruit of the Owan Tree is potent stuff."

With their own smirking, Valentia and Alexander both pocketed their coins.

Edited by gedren_y

"Sir? Sir? I have the reports you wanted..."

Guilder had nodded off while he waited for the page to return with his papers. As he awoke from the catnap, he could still see the vision of the council from his dream...

council.jpg

... No, it wasn't that bad! Guilder shook off his cobwebs and could see that the Colonial Council was still here, alive and well, despite the long dry spell with no activity.

"Ah, here it is," said Guilder, shuffling through a stack of reports and accounting ledgers. "We have finally received the audit from the Continental Council, the audit of the status of our fortifications throughout the colonies. And it is bad news! Despite the Continental Council's assurances that our forts were being well maintained, we now learn that the previous funds were woefully inadequate, and that much work is to be done to keep all our defenses operational. The required cost has approximately doubled on many of our defenses, and the old forts on Bardo, Weelond, and even the royal fortress in Nova Terreli have been neglected by the king entirely. We will have to determine a plan to finance all of this!"

Guilder paused to collect himself, then turned to some more reports. "What's more, the accountants back on the continent send word that the royal properties are not generating nearly as much revenue as we were led to believe," he said, waving the papers above his head. "The royal properties are generating only 20% of their expected revenues, so we have that shortfall to deal with. And after all that, they have the gall to tell us that they are appropriating all license fees that previously went to the colonial town banks! So, we are faced with something of a financial and military crisis!"

Guilder regained his composure and continued. "At least, in all their supposed wisdom, the auditors do have some suggestions. Their advice is, in settlements owned by trade companies, that we assign responsibilities for the upkeep of those forts to the respective trade companies. Additionally, they suggest the building of a national trade fleet to generate mercantile revenue to fill the revenue shortfall from the under-performing royal properties." Guilder looked around the room. "I suggest we consider these and any other options the members here have to offer on this matter. Shall we commence with discussion?"

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Guilder had nodded off while he waited for the page to return with his papers. As he awoke from the catnap, he could still see the vision of the council from his dream...

council.jpg

One of the best things off seen all day. Definitely made me chuckle!

:laugh: