MKJoshA

[SR - FB1 Jan] The Trial of Sinbad part 5 (the conclusion)

Previously:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2:
Sinbad the Pirate
Hang The Rules
Rescued Shipwright
Shipwright's Office
The Komodo Dragon
"Because They're Pirates!"
Fish Market
The Trial of Sinbad
The Trial of Sinbad part 2
The Trial of Sinbad part 3
The Trial of Sinbad part 4

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgAs I have proven, my client has done nothing wrong.

BoBS The Trial of Sinbad

38276434644_9dc67ebdaf_s.jpgObjection your honor!

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgIf you object, please tell me what wrongs you still charge this man with?

BoBS Trial of Sinbad part 2

38276434644_9dc67ebdaf_s.jpgHe attacked Corrington vessels!

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgA fact that is not denied, but has also already been proven to be allowed and sanctioned and can therefore not be a wrongdoing.

38276434644_9dc67ebdaf_s.jpgBut he sank our ships!

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgAn unfortunate result, I can assure you. My client would much rather have captured them. But this has also been shown to be an act of my client performing more adequately on the seas than your Corrington captains. Just because he is better at his job you would want to declare war on an entire people group? Nay sir, this also cannot be proven to be a wrongdoing.

38276434644_9dc67ebdaf_s.jpgBut his actions caused the deaths of Corrington men and the financial ruin of others!

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgAnd Corrington's taxes have caused poverty to many who could not afford them. And Corrington has also had vessel sink under their guns. Nay sir, as I've already proved, if my client is to be judged on his character qualities you must look at the sum of them, not just his most recent naval excursions.

BoBS The Trial of Sinbad

27215134619_8b9facb92e_s.jpgWell, I think the jury has heard all they need to make a decision. We'll allow them to be dismissed to consult with each other.

38276434564_29b9776cef_s.jpgYour honor, we've reached a unanimous decision.

BoBS The Trial of Sinbad

38276434564_29b9776cef_s.jpgWe find the accused Sinbad to be not guilty of acts against Corrington.

27215134619_8b9facb92e_s.jpgVery well, Sinbad you are free to go. Court dismissed!

38276434644_9dc67ebdaf_s.jpgYou can't do that!

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgI believe he just did. Good day sir.

A short while later...

BoBS: Rigging the Trial

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgAnd here's some cash for you.

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgAnd some cash for you.

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgWell that does it for the Jury.

25121026948_bbcdd937ec_s.jpgWell done Hamilton. I never doubted your lawyering skills or your bribing skills.

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpgIt's the least I could do as a thank you for saving my life. Where are you off to next?

25121026948_bbcdd937ec_s.jpgIn spite of having "won" this case, my spies tell me Corrington is still outraged at my actions. I intend to try to lay low.

25121026848_cb35b1644e_s.jpg"Intend"?

25121026948_bbcdd937ec_s.jpgWell, Sea Rats will be Sea Rats. I'm not trying to attack Corrington ships, but I also can't stop sailing. It's my livelihood.

The End

I don’t know what you are playing at but I for one am not amused.

Your reasoning is akin to me taking a sledgehammer to my neighbors windows and after he calls the cops I tell them that I’m just really good at smashing windows so the neighbor has no right to complain.

The fact is that you manually checked Corrington as a target when you submitted your MRCA forms, so don’t pretend you don’t want war with Corrington. You can of course attack Corrington shipping if you like but not without consequence. That consequence is war with Corrington and unfortunately your actions will bring consequences on all Sea Rats because the game rules do not allow us to single you out but only Sea Rats in general whose flag you fly.

Well, IC the lawyer uses massively flawed logic, there is a bribed jury... very Sea Ratsy for sure. If anything, this does not reflect on Corringtons jurisdiction at all, but only on a filthy criminal abusing it.

OOC, it was a series of nice builds, which I enjoyed. One thing I want to say again: please present your storiey in bigger portions. It was really hard to follow, for every installment only moved the story forward a tiny little bit.

32 minutes ago, Mike S said:

The fact is that you manually checked Corrington as a target when you submitted your MRCA forms, so don’t pretend you don’t want war with Corrington. You can of course attack Corrington shipping if you like but not without consequence. That consequence is war with Corrington and unfortunately your actions will bring consequences on all Sea Rats because the game rules do not allow us to single you out but only Sea Rats in general whose flag you fly.

Yes, I checked Corrington along with the other nations. If I don't check anyone, how do you expect us to make a profit? Sea Rats as pirates are a functioning part of BoBS. If the game wasn't designed to allow Sea Rats to play the pirates, we would just have 3 factions and allow NPCs to be the pirates. Corrington's complaints are that the Sea Rats are playing their designed part of the game. If you don't like that, don't play the game.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Yes, I checked Corrington along with the other nations. If I don't check anyone, how do you expect us to make a profit? Sea Rats as pirates are a functioning part of BoBS. If the game wasn't designed to allow Sea Rats to play the pirates, we would just have 3 factions and allow NPCs to be the pirates. Corrington's complaints are that the Sea Rats are playing their designed part of the game. If you don't like that, don't play the game.

I don’t have a problem with you attacking us, I have a problem with you pretending you are not a pirate IC and then complaining about Corrington having a problem with you being a pirate. I wouldn’t have complained at all if you hadn’t done this insulting storyline.

Edited by Mike S

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

I don’t have a problem with you attacking us, I have a problem with you pretending you are not a pirate IC and then complaining about Corrington having a problem with you being a pirate. I wouldn’t have complained at all if you hadn’t done this insulting storyline.

Since Mesabi attempted (and failed miserably btw) to commit piracy against me, does that mean I have a say in how his trial is conducted?  I captured his ship, but he somehow teleported to Mooretown Bay to stand trial in a Corrington Court and not mine.  I never was consulted on that decision.

Just curious why this RP etiquette doesn't go both ways here.

Just now, Kwatchi said:

Since Mesabi attempted (and failed miserably btw) to commit piracy against me, does that mean I have a say in how his trial is conducted?  I captured his ship, but he somehow teleported to Mooretown Bay to stand trial in a Corrington Court and not mine.  I never was consulted on that decision.

Mesabi is Corrington. MKJosh is not. But it seems like MKJosh thinks since he is a pirate he can do whatever he wants without repercussion. Mesabi apologised to you and even gave Charlatan Bay a build. MKJosh has done nothing but insult Corrington.

3 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

I'm sorry if you wanted to try my characters. As a citizen of Corrington, I guess I expected to be tried in a Corrish Court. You are welcome to try the captain of the Beacon, captain Carolina, but my character Tyrell, was on the Icarus Returning which escaped to mooreton bay. It didn't teleport there, it simply escaped somehow. Captain Tyrell was the leader of the squadron IC, so he is the one being tried. You are completely free to show what's happening to the Beacon right now, both Captain Carolina and crew. And, I believe you've been called as a witness in the trial of Captain Tyrell. RP etiquette is being used here, it's just a little complicated. And I will stress I have done everything in my power to answer for my mistake of attacking your shipping. The Builds, the trial, it's all to smooth over my mistake. 

I think Kwatchi's point was that he had captured Mesabi's ship and thus his ship captain character, and that turning him over to Corrington authorities was a RP element that should have been coordinated with Kwatchi, and I would agree with that. I also share Corrington's views on the problems with MKJoshA's trial story. Basically, there seem to be problems on all sides in dealing with RP etiquette and shared storytelling. In some cases, such as Sinbad's trial, I choose to view it as a story heard from Sea Rats that doesn't necessarily relate actual events (i.e., it's not canon). That's the easiest solution in some cases.

We should all try to be more cooperative in advance on such storylines in the future.

---

And Mesabi just posted as I was typing. His comments help a lot here, I believe. Hopefully Mesabi and Kwatchi can coordinate through PMs a fun story for us to see come to life here!

There was no teleporting in Mesabi's case.

The Icarus Returning ended the MRCA in Mooreton Bay. Based on Silas Pike's official complaint, the ship, with crew and captain, was detained, and the Captain, who led the squadron which attacked the sea Rats illegitimately, is currently being trialed as having trespassed against Corlander laws against piracy. Silas Pike is a material witness in this case, but other than that, it is an internal Corlander matter.

And when we have tried communicating with the Sea Rats, but we can only work with the response we get. If there are diplomatic issues we have not addressed, contact us IC.

What happens to the captured ship and its crew is a matter between Mesabi and Kwatchi, but with the properties for the ship, I assumed that was in order.

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

Please know that my builds have been meant as a humorous way to respond to what's happening in the BoBS world. I've never meant to insult Corrington, I just wanted to display how a Sea Rat character might respond.

I openly admit that my faction and myself have attacked other nation's ships. This is allowed and even encouraged in the BoBS game. Corrington is just as allowed to retaliate by attacking Sea Rat ships. If you haven't been doing that before now then "thanks," I guess? From the beginning of the game I assumed all factions would choose to attack a Sea Rat ship if they met one during a MCRA (unless someone had a private agreement such as what is between Mesabi and Kwatchi).

In Character and Out of Character gets so confusing. I'm sorry if there has been undue problems because of that confusion. Out of Character I find it humorous that Corrington wants to huff and puff against the Sea Rats for being pirates. In Character I'm just trying to show how my Sea Rat character could respond in a Sea Rat-ish way.

@Mike S Let's be clear here.  Mesabi the player apologized (more to you guys than me tbh, as he gave up your moral high ground) and we cut a deal for me to give him his ship back.  Count Mesabi, OWNER OF THAT SHIP, did not.  MikeS, you seem to be melding IC and OOC.  If it is a personal grievance you have with Josh, I don't think forum attacks are the right method to use in order to resolve things.  It is just raising tension levels for no reason and people will end up walking from the game over it.

If it is IC grievance, you may have to get in line.  He's a pirate PC roleplaying being piratey in the game hosted in the Eurobricks pirate subforum.   And he is doing a good job.

Just now, Mesabi said:

As a citizen of Corrington, I guess I expected to be tried in a Corrish Court.

Just now, Bregir said:

is currently being trialed as having trespassed against Corlander laws against piracy. Silas Pike is a material witness in this case, but other than that, it is an internal Corlander matter.

And so COR demands that Sinbad submit to your justice make complete sense now. :wacko: And he even did (in a toungue and cheek way obviously), but you were still not happy.

@Bregir If you want to want to hang try Sinbad so bad in your court, I get to hang try Count Mesabi in my court on my terms.  Same crime. Simple math.  Otherwise move on.  You soundly won both engagements with Sea Rats pirates in October; why you have dragged this out rather than celebrate that fact is beyond me.  It was fun for a while, but after 3 months it is has become tedious.

And recall I gave a perfectly reasonable solution to this whole "crisis" via PM back in early December.   You rejected it.

Honestly, I am not so much angry as bored with Law & Order: Corrington.  ESL was a far more entertaining opponent to play with/against.  They need to start another war with a NPC nation so I can have fun again flipping sides daily while making skads of cash in Meloche's stealth rowboat. :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Uhhh? You do know what happened to pirates in real life right? Corrington, being a nation that largely models its policies off of those of its real life counterpart the British Empire, adopts the death penalty for the crime of piracy. Now you've openly admitted to the act of piracy in a court of law and your reasoning was objectively very weak. Of course the excuse can be made that you bribed the jury, which is fine, it's perfectly in line with your character and IC we wouldn't know that you did, but that in my opinion sets a dangerous precedent. Who's to stop me from killing the King of Eslandola, bribing the jury and getting off scotch free? While IC we wouldn't know that the jury was bribed I'm pretty sure that the authorities would be pretty suspicious. I think the main point of contention here is that were Sinbad tried in a fair and objective court, he would've lost and no doubt received the death penalty, which creates a pretty messy situation as we don't want to kill another players character yet the law must still be upheld. To be honest I'm not too sure how to resolve this situation but hopefully a reasonable solution can be worked out.

Edited by Lord Buckethead

Just now, Lord Buckethead said:

Uhhh? You do know what happened to pirates in real life right? Corrington, being a nation that largely models its policies off of those of its real life counterpart the British Empire, adopts the death penalty for the crime of piracy. Now you've openly admitted to the act of piracy in a court of law and your reasoning was objectively very weak. Of course the excuse can be made that you bribed the jury, which is fine, it's perfectly in line with your character and IC we wouldn't know that you did, but that in my opinion sets a dangerous precedent. Who's to stop me from killing the King of Eslandola, bribing the jury and getting off scotch free? While IC we wouldn't know that the jury was bribed I'm pretty sure that the authorities would be pretty suspicious. I think the main point of contention here is that we're Sinbad tried in a fair and objective court, he would've lost and no doubt received the death penalty, which creates a pretty messy situation as we don't want to kill another players character yet the law must still be upheld. To be honest I'm not too sure how to resolve this situation but hopefully a reasonable solution can be worked out.

But this isn't real life. This is a game played with a child's toy. Is there no room for Sea Rat stories in BoBS?

Just now, MKJoshA said:

But this isn't real life. This is a game played with a child's toy. Is there no room for Sea Rat stories in BoBS?

I get that's it's not real life, what I was trying to say was that Corrington adopts the death penalty for the crime of piracy. Now I do get that it places the Sea Rats in a pretty tricky situation in that the factions ruled by a government are naturally going to be larger (due in no small part to the fact that there are three of them) and as such the Sea Rats can't really stand up to them making piracy stories kind of hard, I concede this. But as a Corlander I prefer the law to be upheld and in this instance it has not.

I get that's it's not real life, what I was trying to say was that Corrington adopts the death penalty for the crime of piracy. Now I do get that it places the Sea Rats in a pretty tricky situation in that the factions ruled by a government are naturally going to be larger (due in no small part to the fact that there are three of them) and as such the Sea Rats can't really stand up to them making piracy stories kind of hard, I concede this. But as a Corlander I prefer the law to be upheld and in this instance it has not.

1 vote for me trying and hanging Count Mesabi in the the Charlatan Bay court then.  I like the way this is going. :pir_laugh2:

Did I mention I have experience building gallows?

Just now, Kwatchi said:

1 vote for me trying and hanging Count Mesabi in the the Charlatan Bay court then.  I like the way this is going. :pir_laugh2:

Not quite, while I did say that I want the law to be upheld I don't actually want Josh to be hung. Admittedly that is a contradiction but I'm trying to be reasonable.

35 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

I know he has just left for work, so do not expect a reply from @Mesabi in the next hours, but I do not see a big issue with this. Count Mesabi is currently sailing south, so you would have to bring up a reasonable scenario to "catch" him, but at least from my side, the WTC would be willing to handle this issue peacefully.

OOC: I have no strong emotions about this either way. Another trial?  Fine. War with the Sea Rats? Fine. But keep in mind that both Mesabi and myself are pretty active builders. We would throw warships in your general direction like there is no tomorrow. Just sayin'. :wink:

P.S.: I would really appreciate if some people - including some from my own faction - could be a bit less anal about the "rules". There is no such thing as "RP conventions" set in stone. There are guidelines people agree upon in a set gaming group - and they change from group to group, as well as over time. What some here describe as "forcing the actions of others" can just as easily be seen as "giving a variety of RP options to others" - with the second one being perfectly fine.

The point of this game is to have fun - for everybody involved. If this gets under the bus, you are doing something wrong.

Edited by Drunknok

Just now, Kwatchi said:

And so COR demands that Sinbad submit to your justice make complete sense now. :wacko: And he even did (in a toungue and cheek way obviously), but you were still not happy.

@Bregir If you want to want to hang try Sinbad so bad in your court, I get to hang try Count Mesabi in my court on my terms.  Same crime. Simple math.  Otherwise move on.  You soundly won both engagements with Sea Rats pirates in October; why you have dragged this out rather than celebrate that fact is beyond me.  It was fun for a while, but after 3 months it is has become tedious.

Lets be clear here. There is a distinction between IC and OOC that seems to have been lost.

OOC, I have no interest in convicting and much less hanging, anyone's characters. In fact, I had hoped that the Sea Rats, perhaps excluding Bastion, would have said yes to our suggested cease fire, so we could have peace. And I am fairly confident that most of Corrington shares this view.

IC, Corrington (obviously) cannot accept anyone preying on our shipping. And yes, hence we want pirates to hang from the yardarms. But IC, you can also see that we have offered to put this behind us, offering a general cease fire. That actually seems to me like a fairly friendly step in de-escalating the conflict.

Earlier, IC, we have required the captains of the pirate ships to answer for their deeds - to avoid our blockade. Nothing happened. Until Sinbad showed up in King's Harbour exclaiming loudly that he was the guilty part, we only had the names of the ships. No one named Sinbad as the pirate until then. But apart form the fact that we cannot really react to this trial, as we were never offered the opportunity to do so (the builds and stories have hardly been open ended, but have instead defined our reactions), IC we would now technically have to hunt down Sinbad and hang him. Which of course would never work, as that would be killing off someone else's character.

Could we have made a storyline where Sinbad was captured or gave himself up, was tried, perhaps convicted, perhaps escaped. Probably - but that would have to be coordinated with us. Of course we are annoyed when some outsider defines how our court system works, or what our policies for fallen heroes are, etc. And together with the fact that we have never been allowed a reaction leads me to say that I, personally, can't accept Sinbad's trial in KH as part of Corlander lore.

If you want to try any of Mesabi's characters for Piracy, perhaps it would be proper to make that request? We are trying Captain Tyrell as the responsible party. Yes, we have OOC decided for an IC scapegoat that isn't Mesabi's main character - that way we avoid ruining someone's story. (Also, IC, Count Mesabi is far away to the south and could hardly be blamed IC - in fact he has the perfect alibi, for once... :pir-tongue:) I am certain that you and Mesabi could have agreed on some terms for a trial on your part, but it doesn't change the fact that we are trying captain Tyrell not for your sake, but to uphold the laws of Corrington, something that you have been asked to participate in as a witness. You are free to decline, OOC or IC, and we will have to try to find other witnesses. But that trial is part of Corlander character. Even if you don't enjoy it.

(And for me as a leader - I do not want people declaring war left and right... They can go be Sea Rats if that is what they want... :pir-wink: )

10 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

And recall I gave a perfectly reasonable solution to this whole "crisis" via PM back in early December.   You rejected it.

If I recall correctly, you suggested we either bribed him or gave him a letter of marque. The former is not our way of doing things. Attacking us is not a way to extract money - we do not wish to give in to threats. The latter is irrelevant, as we have no current wars. Hence, who should we give a letter of marque against? Independent pirates? They are already free prey. If Corrington starts issuing letters of Marque against PC or NPC nations, we might as well declare war.

15 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Honestly, I am not so much angry as bored with Law & Order: Corrington. 

We are sorry to hear that you do not like our way of RP'ing our nation. It would be more fun if you enjoyed it. But frankly, we play it like this because that is what we find interesting, and because that is the nation our players signed up for. Have a look at the Corrington intro topic and see what it says. Order and principle, or, as you say, "Law & Order: Corrington". If the Sea Rats have no interest in conducting diplomacy with Corrington, that is fine. We can react to that OOC and IC. And we will, of course. That is the nature of the game.

Just now, Drunknok said:

OOC: I have no strong emotions about this either way. Another trial?  Fine. War with the Sea Rats? Fine. But keep in mind that both Mesabi and myself are pretty active builders. We would throw warships in your general direction like there is no tomorrow. Just sayin'. :wink:

Not sure these threats are helping anyone, really... :pir-tongue: Pride comes before the fall... :pir-oh::pir-grin:

2 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Not sure these threats are helping anyone, really... :pir-tongue: Pride comes before the fall... :pir-oh::pir-grin:

You are aware of the irony here, are you? *huh*

14 minutes ago, Bregir said:

... (the builds and stories have hardly been open ended, but have instead defined our reactions)...

The builds were only ever meant to define my reaction.

14 minutes ago, Bregir said:

If you want to try any of Mesabi's characters for Piracy, perhaps it would be proper to make that request? We are trying Captain Tyrell as the responsible party. Yes, we have OOC decided for an IC scapegoat that isn't Mesabi's main character - that way we avoid ruining someone's story. (Also, IC, Count Mesabi is far away to the south and could hardly be blamed IC - in fact he has the perfect alibi, for once... :pir-tongue:)

You do realize that if you follow through with this ideology, you would end up in a world where no one could be held responsible for their actions because you can't have anything happen to a person's character. Therefore all IC characters are immune and only NPCs can face consequences.

Attack me if you want. It's your right within the game. I'm just here to have fun.

29 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

@Mike S Let's be clear here.  Mesabi the player apologized (more to you guys than me tbh, as he gave up your moral high ground) and we cut a deal for me to give him his ship back.  Count Mesabi, OWNER OF THAT SHIP, did not.  MikeS, you seem to be melding IC and OOC.  If it is a personal grievance you have with Josh, I don't think forum attacks are the right method to use in order to resolve things.  It is just raising tension levels for no reason and people will end up walking from the game over it.

If it is IC grievance, you may have to get in line.  He's a pirate PC roleplaying being piratey in the game hosted in the Eurobricks pirate subforum.   And he is doing a good job.

Honestly, I am not so much angry as bored with Law & Order: Corrington.  ESL was a far more entertaining opponent to play with/against.  They need to start another war with a NPC nation so I can have fun again flipping sides daily while making skads of cash in Meloche's stealth rowboat. :pir_laugh2:

There is no comparison here. Mesabi misunderstood one of my posts and thought we were at war with the Sea Rats when he attacked. MKJosh deliberately attacked. He also claims Sea Rats are pirates and expects all the other nations to treat all Sea Rats as pirates If that’s how you Sea Rats view yourselves then I’m going to drastically change how I interact with you. After this incident I’m really hesitant to have any association with you guys as it is now clear that we will have further clashes down the road as Corrington’s rules of conduct are incompatible with the Sea Rats.

I am not personally attacking MKJosh just expressing my extreme annoyance at the way he handled his story. If he had been acquitted by the Sea Rat council it would have been a different story.

11 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

The builds were only ever meant to define my reaction.

You do realize that if you follow through with this ideology, you would end up in a world where no one could be held responsible for their actions because you can't have anything happen to a person's character. Therefore all IC characters are immune and only NPCs can face consequences.

Attack me if you want. It's your right within the game. I'm just here to have fun.

So you want us to hang Sinbad?

Edited by Lord Buckethead

Just now, Mike S said:

I am not personally attacking MKJosh just expressing my extreme annoyance at the way he handled his story. If he had been acquitted by the Sea Rat council it would have been a different story.

The problem there is that there's barely enough active Sea Rat players to organise the MRCA, never mind any kind of actual court if that's what you're suggesting.

So you want us to hang you?

You possibly want to start drawing more of a distinction between the players and their sigfigs; that question just sounds wrong due to the lack of such distinction.

46 minutes ago, Lord Buckethead said:

Not quite, while I did say that I want the law to be upheld I don't actually want Josh to be hung. Admittedly that is a contradiction but I'm trying to be reasonable.

What? BoBS is no longer a place to be reasonable! :pir-laugh: But I will endeavour to be anyway.  :hmpf_bad:

@BregirSea Rats cannot give a declaration of a cease fire because we have no central government who can make said declaration.  Not sure how many times I have to repeat this.  The faction also can't declare i) a war, ii) a tax, iii) a national holiday, iv) a megablok'ing declaration.

IC, WE ARE A GROUP OF INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS!

Asking us for some blanket peace treaty is liking asking sheep to count themselves; it is not a happening any time soon.

IC, Charlatan Bay should and does not care what Sinbad does.  He is not their problem until he steals our rum.

Now, because I (did) get along with some of the COR players, I made nice and had Charlatan Bay declare neutrality in this little dust-up.  Putting aside the fact you guys broke that neutrality at the very first opportunity, which makes signing a peace treaty with you pretty dubious btw (hey, didn't you guys doublecross ESL on Isla de Victoria too?), Charlatan Bay is willing to be the "bigger man" and make the following offer.

• I will forgo the joy duty of hanging trying the villainous Count Mesabi and his WTC brownshirts and leave to him Corry justice. (Enjoy the slap on the wrist and crumpets @Mesabi)
  • However, JUST THIS ONCE, we will convene a court and try Captain Sinbad in Charlatan Bay (again... neutral site) as per Sea Rat laws.
  • I promise it won't be a "Are you a pirate?" "Of course" "Great.  Let's party" trial.  There will be a judge and gavels and everything.
  • We'll have an NPC red shirt there to represent you.  That is as far as your involvement gets to be 'cuz... some reason about internal affairs I guess.
  • All verdicts are binding and final.  All hangings are enjoyed by me both IC and OOC.  Insane cackling will ensue.
  • We'll all pretend that the awesome five part Trial of Sinbad never happened, just like Bobby Ewing didn't really die.
  • After this we go our separate ways and find new people to play with.

Now either hold out your pinkie so we can shake on this and so end this ludicrous situation, or grow plums and declare war on us... because THE SEA RATS ARE INCAPABLING OF DECLARE A FACTION WAR ON YOU ANYONE NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU ACCUSE US OF DOING IT!!!!

Edited by Kwatchi
NEED MORE CAPITALS!