randomboy

Hello from Boston, MA - USA

Hi everyone! I am excited to finally join the Eurobrick community! Lego was always my favorite toy as a kid and I still own everything I had as a child (unfortunately everything is in my parents' house in Germany). About a year ago I broke my arm while skiing and in an effort to help with my boredom my boyfriend took me to the Lego store. As a child I always dreamed of having my own Lego city and the modular building immediately caught my eye. The Assembly Square had just come out, I saw it and just had to buy it. This started my journey down the modular building road and I have now expanded my Lego collection to also include Simpsons, Star Wars, City, Ideas and Fairground sets. 

Currently I am working on tiling a road for my small town and my goal for this upcoming year is to explore scenery building techniques to add more character to my town as well as try my hand at MOCs (smaller houses for the outskirts of the town, cars, and full modular buildings). I am looking forward to sharing my progress with you and learning more from this great community :) 

Welcome aboard, randomboy.  Boston has a variety of historic and modern buildings to use as source material and/or inspiration for MOCs.  :wink:

On 1/5/2018 at 12:36 AM, dr_spock said:

Welcome aboard, randomboy.  Boston has a variety of historic and modern buildings to use as source material and/or inspiration for MOCs.  :wink:

Thank you, dr_spock! Absolutely, I love the architecture here in Boston. I will have to go a stroll through the city soon and find some specific inspiration for a MOC :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks! I'm looking forward to see pictures of your town! Always interesting to see what people come up with.:classic:

Welcome RandomBoy!  Hope you're doing okay in that Artic freeze and foot+ of snow Beantown is dealing with at the moment.  

If you're looking for local inspiration, there's a Lego Discovery Center at Assembly Row in Somerville (a couple stops outside of Boston on the Orange Line (or exit 29 off of I93 North)).  They have an "adult night" about once a month on Wednesdays host a display of various Boston landmarks (custom house tower, old north church, fenway park, etc.)  done in Lego in their Miniland display.  I wouldn't make a habit of visiting the place, but it's worth checking out at least once.  Perhaps you and your boyfriend could make an evening out of it sometime.

Welcome to Eurobricks!