Posted (edited)

Hi everyone.

I encounter a sligth issue with MLcad 3.5. Since i have done a fresh reinstall of Lpub3D, MLcad is now slow to launch (7 to 10 seconds from the moment you click the icon or a file that opens with it). Before that, it was very quick to launch.

I know the link between this slowiness and Lpub3D install is kinda fuzzy but something strange happened at this time: my LDconfig file had been reverted to default (whereas i had some custom setting for colors such as black, dark blue). The new LDconfig file (i've tuned it back to my personnal settings) has now a kind of light yellow as "main_color", but that color remains dark grey when you use it. Not a big deal as i dont' use it but it confirms the ldconfig file has been modified.

So, what's your point of view?

Edited by GREG998

Looks like the Ldconfig file issue is another problem (or a spin-off the slowliness).

i struggle with this bad behaviing LDconfig file, it self updates without any action from me (it reverts to default settings time to time). Perhaps MLcad updates it but i wonder how, when, why? I've tried to replicate the issue but it doesn't work.

This is probably a "virtual store" problem, try installing mlcad into e.g. my documents instead of program files.

The new library (1701) comes with an updated LDConfig.ldr in complete.zip, I believe lpub uses it as while mlcad/ldview needs it unpacked so there might be two versions of that file.

It might also be the unicode "BOM" character which was (accidentally) added to the 1701 ldconfig.ldr in the new library update.