Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

37753404202_e875a9388e_z.jpg

Former members of Heroica, walk down the streets of Eubric, their once illustrious hall now barred to them. Slowly a group begins to gather at the Lady Luck's Locale within the Hovels.

Trovsty the Ogre bouncer greets each of them, relieving them of their weapons as they enter.
15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg
"Now don't you go causin' any trouble in there."

15587436065_325cda9d91_z.jpg

The atmosphere is seedy, but inclusive. The drinks, while not free are cheap enough to not worry the gold pouch. Some of the patrons sneer as the heroes filter in.

15407776908_1560cbeacf_t.jpg
"Well, well, well, look at that dour lot. Oh how the mighty have fallen!"

The patron of the establishment chides the man.

15432199980_b5a4515710_t.jpg
"Now, now, Natnail. Leave the dearies be, as long as they're a paying lot they can stay as long as they wish."

The Party:

???

QM Note: Welcome to Quest 159 folks, this will be a little abnormal in terms of quest structure and more free form. Once we've got enough of a quorum in here we'll kick things off proper. Until then feel free to chat and interact with whomever you want.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Former members of Heroica, walk down the streets of Eubric, their once illustrious hall now barred to them. Slowly a group begins to gather at the Lady Luck's Locale within the Hovels.

Trovsty the Ogre bouncer greets each of them, relieving them of their weapons as they enter.

Not even looking at the orge, Hoke hands over his pack, but the orb remains hidden within his glove.

The atmosphere is seedy, but inclusive. The drinks, while not free are cheap enough to not worry the gold pouch. Some of the patrons sneer as the heroes filter in.

He stepped in past the orge and took a good long look around.  He hated it.  The sight, the smell, the sounds.  Everything.  What a dump.

"Well, well, well, look at that dour lot. Oh how the mighty have fallen!"

Hoke gives Natnail a passing glance as unimpressed with him as he was before.

He makes his way to the side, out of the way, finding a seat barely clean enough to sit on, waiting for other Heroicans to show up.

Kiray hands her weapons over to the bouncer and says with a snarl, "Don't break anything." 

She finds Hoke and moves over to him, preferring to not sit on any of the chairs. "They didn't have to kick us out of the Hall. And of all the places we could have met up, we go here?"

13 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Kiray hands her weapons over to the bouncer and says with a snarl, "Don't break anything." 

She finds Hoke and moves over to him, preferring to not sit on any of the chairs. "They didn't have to kick us out of the Hall. And of all the places we could have met up, we go here?"

"Hey now, if what they say in the papers is true, you should be glad you lot weren't kicked out of town."

16 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Hey now, if what they say in the papers is true, you should be glad you lot weren't kicked out of town."

"Oh it would take quite a bit to kick us all out," Kiray snaps.

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

37753404202_e875a9388e_z.jpg

Roaming the streets hoping to find some of his "friends" but instead finding nothing. Probably the only reason even going into the "bar" was to get out of the cold weather (for some reason it was starting to bother him). As he got closer to the bouncer Germ notice him collecting "weapons". At this point Germ took his whip (Flying Talon) and wrapped it around his waist trying to make it look like a belt. 

As he handed the bouncer practically everything he was not wearing. 

Wouldn't it be easier to put this stuff in a box? I would hate to think you might mess up, getting everyone's stuff back to them. If that is all can I go in now? 

"Ya mean quite a bit of gold."

"I was going to say more than an ungrateful, scrawny, longhaired lowlife and ungrateful citizens of this city," Kiray replied, "but if you're offering gold, tell me how much you have and I'll see if it's worth leaving."

A middle aged man looks up from his table, clearly only halfway invested in the situation that had presented itself. He sees a man that looks awfully like a paragon he had once known. He scoffs as he sees the parade of "heroes" following in tow.

"Goddammit Ablesword..." Althior says, half intoxicated. "I came to this shithole to get away from our old shithole; the one us frauds were all from., you know of it?The megabluck are you doing here?"

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Roaming the streets hoping to find some of his "friends" but instead finding nothing. Probably the only reason even going into the "bar" was to get out of the cold weather (for some reason it was starting to bother him). As he got closer to the bouncer Germ notice him collecting "weapons". At this point Germ took his whip (Flying Talon) and wrapped it around his waist trying to make it look like a belt. 

As he handed the bouncer practically everything he was not wearing. 

Wouldn't it be easier to put this stuff in a box? I would hate to think you might mess up, getting everyone's stuff back to them. If that is all can I go in now? 

The ogre stares at the growing pile of weaponry gathering in the snow.
"Not a bad idea, I think we've got a barrel out back. Maybe I can start charging, like a coat check or something."

3 hours ago, KotZ said:

"I was going to say more than an ungrateful, scrawny, longhaired lowlife and ungrateful citizens of this city," Kiray replied, "but if you're offering gold, tell me how much you have and I'll see if it's worth leaving."

15407776908_1560cbeacf_t.jpg"Pfff, you think I'd waste any of my hard earned gold on you?"

59 minutes ago, K-Nut said:

A middle aged man looks up from his table, clearly only halfway invested in the situation that had presented itself. He sees a man that looks awfully like a paragon he had once known. He scoffs as he sees the parade of "heroes" following in tow.

"Goddammit Ablesword..." Althior says, half intoxicated. "I came to this shithole to get away from our old shithole; the one us frauds were all from., you know of it?The megabluck are you doing here?"

"Ah the sot has spoken!"

Torald eyes the ogre up and down. Maybe I can take him out, keep my weapons? He sees the other heroes reluctantly handing in their equipment. O well. What the hell. Everything has gone to shite anyway. Don't lose or break them, got it? 

22 hours ago, KotZ said:

Hoke just shrugs his shoulders. 

"I'm not sure why, but I will be glad when we can leave." 

16 hours ago, K-Nut said:

"Well, I'm not sure why I am here, but I guess you know what you're doing here," he says with a chuckle as he makes his way over the Prophet.  He gives Althior a good solid slap on the back, doing his best to induce vomiting, smiling the whole time, "What in the world brought you here, and why are you like this?"

Edited by UsernameMDM

Spying Torald on the road, Petaldan approaches him.

"Hi, Torald! Where are you off to? Out on a quest? Perhaps I can join you...though I'm not sure it's quite according to the rules..."

Edited by Palathadric

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The ogre stares at the growing pile of weaponry gathering in the snow.
"Not a bad idea, I think we've got a barrel out back. Maybe I can start charging, like a coat check or something."

Maybe next time...

6 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald eyes the ogre up and down. Maybe I can take him out, keep my weapons? He sees the other heroes reluctantly handing in their equipment. O well. What the hell. Everything has gone to shite anyway. Don't lose or break them, got it? 

So you are here to. Am I going to spot anyone else? 

Just now, Palathadric said:

"Hi, Torald! Where are you off to? Out on a quest? Perhaps I can join you...though I'm not sure it's quite according to the rules..."

Are you sure? Maybe it might be better if you just went home. Besides I would think a bar is not the funnest place for a kid. 

"A bar? Is there a fight that needs to be broken up? Torald, I hope you haven't finished all the drinks at the hall that you have to come here."

6 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"A bar? Is there a fight that needs to be broken up? Torald, I hope you haven't finished all the drinks at the hall that you have to come here."

What? You haven't heard? Heroica been shut down. Some so call big wigs came in and told everyone to get out of the Hall. 

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

39 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Torald looks at the young knight. Hello there. He embraces Petaldan I'll be blunt. Heroica has been disbanded, sadly. All of us got kicked out of the Hall. So, the remaining "heroes" are gathering at a bar. I'm sure they have something to drink for you in here. Just got to hand in your equipment for some reason. But, how have you been? You were on a quest with Ezeran, right? I haven't seen him yet. 

A small girl enters the bar, holding a tiny strip of living fabric.

38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"Are you sure about this?"

24611785877_75bd0f6cee_t.jpg
"Of course I'm sure. This lot at least beats the snobbish wizard poking through my stacks back at the hall."

The Nôrn eyes widen and she smiles broadly when she spots two of the heroes.
"Petaldan, Torald! I can't believe you're here!"

"Just set me down at the bar, I'll find my way."

Sküld Verdandi sets the Dauntlet Bookmark down at the bar as she turns back to her friends. The Dauntlet wraps itself around a wine bottle soaking in the alcoholic atmosphere that permeates the establishment.

7 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Well, I'm not sure why I am here, but I guess you know what you're doing here," he says with a chuckle as he makes his way over the Prophet.  He gives Althior a good solid slap on the back, doing his best to induce vomiting, smiling the whole time, "What in the world brought you here, and why are you like this?"

"Well the lotus was closed and I sure as hel wasn't gonna step back into that damned hall, not with the civil war that the houses of power were stirring up..." he says, holding back his vomit "Which begs the question, why aren't you people at the hall?"

6 minutes ago, K-Nut said:

"Well the lotus was closed and I sure as hel wasn't gonna step back into that damned hall, not with the civil war that the houses of power were stirring up..." he says, holding back his vomit "Which begs the question, why aren't you people at the hall?"

"Well, by the looks of things, there will be no civil war.  The Houses, as I understand it, have been disbanded.  And so has Heroica.  Turns out Copper Fox was actually a Wolf this whole time, and a few of the Founders have closed down the Hall.  I am assuming their are about to clean out their own house.  And somehow we are here..."

Hoke leans forward in his newfound seat and peers over into Althior's drink, trying to discern if it was clean enough to order one.

"The Lotus you say?  It's been awhile since I've been there.  I wonder if my 'friend' is still there," he says as he remembers the 3 keys that were once in his pouch.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Althior raises an eyebrow. "The founders? Aren't they- what's the word? Dead?"

21 minutes ago, K-Nut said:

Althior raises an eyebrow. "The founders? Aren't they- what's the word? Dead?"

"I have no idea," Hoke says as he waves over for a tankard, finally deciding it was safe,"Ones a giant, ones a dwarf, ones a lady."

As he finally get into the bar. Germ tries to listen in on random conversations. While trying to figure out what to order. 

So is their anything "good" here? 

22 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

As he finally get into the bar. Germ tries to listen in on random conversations. While trying to figure out what to order. 

Germ manages to hear some snippets of conversation.

15594715902_38d13b721a_t.jpg
"...I hears, they killed him. Killed him dead right in front of House Shadeaux..."

15593877645_ee984f8983_t.jpg
"No. But he was so powerful..."

23 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

So is their anything "good" here? 

"It's all good here, darling. We've got your standards, pretty much anything you could find in the marketplace. Plus if you're really interested, I might be able to give some recommendations for some Double Rainbows or Pixie Dust."

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

A small girl enters the bar, holding a tiny strip of living fabric.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course I'm sure. This lot at least beats the snobbish wizard poking through my stacks back at the hall."

The Nôrn eyes widen and she smiles broadly when she spots two of the heroes.
"Petaldan, Torald! I can't believe you're here!"

"Just set me down at the bar, I'll find my way."

Sküld Verdandi sets the Dauntlet Bookmark down at the bar as she turns back to her friends. The Dauntlet wraps itself around a wine bottle soaking in the alcoholic atmosphere that permeates the establishment.

Hello, good to see you again, how have you been? Any troubles with Triffids lately? 

Edited by Alfadas