Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

17 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

gUZ2enSOiKRGQSMTX0IvoA6ZzjU7ZNJj_Vc8CFKljvHtKJRWbDEDgiqot18kFIUKoHWnrw=s85
"Paid by who? Tell me, this council each member is relinquishing their wealth, their influence? If you are seeking help in governing this city merely out of the charity of peoples's heart and perhaps even to their detriment, then you will find aid to be scarce."

"Called taxes. They suck. But ya' can't run a city without 'em. Why, did ya' have somethin' else in mind? We ain't exactly gonna beg. Tell us what it's gonna take to get the Bonapartes on board."

Arthur listens to the other Heroes sucking up to the Bonapartes in disbelief.  "No," he says, "no, no, no, absolutely not.  We are not handing control of Uland's seas back into the hands of these thieving militaristic megablocks."  Arthur scowls at the Heroes, crossing his arms.  "Even if Hestia had done her job as Veteran and stuck by our side as we tried to fix the whole Founders mess, even if I did trust Attina's word to root out corruption and end the Bonapartes' tyrannical deathgrip over Eubric's commerce, that is still far too much power to put in the hands of anyone."  Arthur glares directly at Attina.  "You want to know the number one reason we had to blow up that fort?  It's because we can't trust you, because from everything I've seen of you and your family, putting you in that fort while we fought Rosier would end up with the city exactly the same as when the Founders had taken over.  Same regime, new faces.  Let's drop the charade; you didn't help us fight the dragons out of the goodness of your hearts or because you wanted to save the city from the Founders' tyrrany, you fought them because you wanted your damn fort back, so you could take their place.  Unacceptable."  Arthur looks to Illdria beside him.  "Tell her, Illdria, you've suffered from these people more than anyone else I know, please explain to the rest of us exactly why we can't just hand the city back over to them."

@Waterbrick Down@CMP

46 minutes ago, Flipz said:

Arthur listens to the other Heroes sucking up to the Bonapartes in disbelief.  "No," he says, "no, no, no, absolutely not.  We are not handing control of Uland's seas back into the hands of these thieving militaristic megablocks."  Arthur scowls at the Heroes, crossing his arms.  "Even if Hestia had done her job as Veteran and stuck by our side as we tried to fix the whole Founders mess, even if I did trust Attina's word to root out corruption and end the Bonapartes' tyrannical deathgrip over Eubric's commerce, that is still far too much power to put in the hands of anyone."  Arthur glares directly at Attina.  "You want to know the number one reason we had to blow up that fort?  It's because we can't trust you, because from everything I've seen of you and your family, putting you in that fort while we fought Rosier would end up with the city exactly the same as when the Founders had taken over.  Same regime, new faces.  Let's drop the charade; you didn't help us fight the dragons out of the goodness of your hearts or because you wanted to save the city from the Founders' tyrrany, you fought them because you wanted your damn fort back, so you could take their place.  Unacceptable."  Arthur looks to Illdria beside him.  "Tell her, Illdria, you've suffered from these people more than anyone else I know, please explain to the rest of us exactly why we can't just hand the city back over to them."

@Waterbrick Down@CMP

"Pffft, you spew the same nonsense and ignorance I just referred to. The fact that this entire city isn't over-run with brigands, vikings, and marauders is exactly why you need us. Talk with the Norns, the Metasimians, anyone coming from Drandora, ask them about the terrors that they faced that came from the sea. And of course we helped you in order to retake the fort, our fort! We fought for what we had earned, no more than your own family. Don't come in here lecturing me about influence upon Eubric, my family sat on the Alliance with yours, my mother I'm sure could speak at length about what how your family would like to shape the city."

1 hour ago, CMP said:

"Called taxes. They suck. But ya' can't run a city without 'em. Why, did ya' have somethin' else in mind? We ain't exactly gonna beg. Tell us what it's gonna take to get the Bonapartes on board."

"The tariff system and import/export excises that were levied were enough for us. I can promise the continued protection of the Bonaparte fleet, on three conditions: financial or labor support in the rebuilding of the fort, authority to levy tariffs and fees on commercial shipping under approval by this 'council', independence of Bonaparte approved captains in the affairs of their ships and crews."

Karie raises an eyebrow towards the proceedings in general, not quite sure where she falls in the proceedings.

"Arthur, if you're so persistent on seeing the Bonapartes no longer being in the role of protecting Uland's waters, than what would you prefer to see as an alternative?"

He collects all of his lent belongings and looks around the bustling hall.

It is good to see life in these walls again.  Though I could do without the politics. 

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"The tariff system and import/export excises that were levied were enough for us. I can promise the continued protection of the Bonaparte fleet, on three conditions: financial or labor support in the rebuilding of the fort, authority to levy tariffs and fees on commercial shipping under approval by this 'council', independence of Bonaparte approved captains in the affairs of their ships and crews."

"I'd like a more through definition of "independence in the affairs of their ships and their crews". For obvious reasons, I don't think we can support any definition that threatens Eubric's stability.

Labor support..."

Lind looked at Ulric and Skrall. "Ulric - you've been pretty quiet. Do you suppose that we could get workers from the Hovels to rebuild the fort? Might help alleviate some of the poverty.

Also, Ulric, Skrall - since you seem to be here representing the Hovels, any thoughts on the current situation?" He nodded at Attina. "Might as well hear all sides now as later."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

19 hours ago, Flipz said:

Arthur listens to the other Heroes sucking up to the Bonapartes in disbelief.  "No," he says, "no, no, no, absolutely not.  We are not handing control of Uland's seas back into the hands of these thieving militaristic megablocks."  Arthur scowls at the Heroes, crossing his arms.

"I don't like the Bonies any more than you do. But they're one of those things ya' can't properly measure 'til you've been without 'em."

"I'm an ex-pirate, mate. Trust me when I say Crystalline Sea would be a lot worse off otherwise."

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"The council and the people on it can figure out how much needs to be taxed when ships arrive at the docks. You're 'round for protection only, not collectin' taxes. You'll get your money from the council, not the ships."

"Other'n that, sounds reasonable to me. Anyone else?"

13 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Arthur, if you're so persistent on seeing the Bonapartes no longer being in the role of protecting Uland's waters, than what would you prefer to see as an alternative?"

"Aye, Karie's got it right. Happy to hear alternatives, but the Crystalline Sea can't go undefended, and while I ain't a fan of the Bonies, the bottom line is, they're in the best position to do that. Got another idea?"

Edited by CMP

20 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie raises an eyebrow towards the proceedings in general, not quite sure where she falls in the proceedings.

6 hours ago, CMP said:

"I don't like the Bonies any more than you do. But they're one of those things ya' can't properly measure 'til you've been without 'em."

"I'm an ex-pirate, mate. Trust me when I say Crystalline Sea would be a lot worse off otherwise."

"The council and the people on it can figure out how much needs to be taxed when ships arrive at the docks. You're 'round for protection only, not collectin' taxes. You'll get your money from the council, not the ships."

"Other'n that, sounds reasonable to me. Anyone else?"

"Aye, Karie's got it right. Happy to hear alternatives, but the Crystalline Sea can't go undefended, and while I ain't a fan of the Bonies, the bottom line is, they're in the best position to do that. Got another idea?"

"Honestly?  I think we should commission airships from Tritech, but owned and operated directly under the authority of the Council.  Hel, I'd even be okay buying ships from the Bonaparte fleet off of them--my objection is to them running things, not the ships themselves, though I will say for the record that from my experience a contest between airship and sailing ship is no contest at all.  That being said, putting the Council in between the gold and the Bonapartes' pockets is a damn good first step, so kudos for that concept--so long as every last transaction is freely-accessible public record.  A lot of the problems with our old system came from things happening behind closed doors, transparency is key to keeping things fair and equitable and giving the people the tools they need to make educated choices."

On 11/4/2018 at 3:31 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Pffft, you spew the same nonsense and ignorance I just referred to. The fact that this entire city isn't over-run with brigands, vikings, and marauders is exactly why you need us. Talk with the Norns, the Metasimians, anyone coming from Drandora, ask them about the terrors that they faced that came from the sea. And of course we helped you in order to retake the fort, our fort! We fought for what we had earned, no more than your own family. Don't come in here lecturing me about influence upon Eubric, my family sat on the Alliance with yours, my mother I'm sure could speak at length about what how your family would like to shape the city."

"I'm well aware not all of my family's ideas are great, thanks--that's why I spend I spend so much time arguing my various family members down from our worse impulses...and why I rely on them in turn to argue down my own bad ideas.  It's part of why I'm so angry with your mother--if I, a relatively lower-rank member of my family who wasn't even aware of my heritage until a few years ago have done so much to improve my family and keep us out of trouble, how could she, one of the highest-ranked members of your House with experience and power far outstripping my own, fail so utterly to curb your aunt and uncle's abuses?  I'm not blind to my family's problems, but I've worked hard to repair them; I've seen nothing of that from your family."

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

"I'm well aware not all of my family's ideas are great, thanks--that's why I spend I spend so much time arguing my various family members down from our worse impulses...and why I rely on them in turn to argue down my own bad ideas.  It's part of why I'm so angry with your mother--if I, a relatively lower-rank member of my family who wasn't even aware of my heritage until a few years ago have done so much to improve my family and keep us out of trouble, how could she, one of the highest-ranked members of your House with experience and power far outstripping my own, fail so utterly to curb your aunt and uncle's abuses?  I'm not blind to my family's problems, but I've worked hard to repair them; I've seen nothing of that from your family."

"And what abuses are those? From my understanding, where there has been corruption it has been dealt with, where there was failings, correction. We have never been opposed to Heroica's aid in dealing with the problems that arose within our own ranks, whether they be my father's brother or the machinations of Rear Admiral Melville."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"And what abuses are those? From my understanding, where there has been corruption it has been dealt with, where there was failings, correction. We have never been opposed to Heroica's aid in dealing with the problems that arose within our own ranks, whether they be my father's brother or the machinations of Rear Admiral Melville."

Rone shivers at the mention of Melville, but presses on. 

Still, the sheer number of such instances, however, is daunting. Clearly, it's daunting enough that you've lost the public opinion. Arthur's compromise makes sense. You can keep your fleet, and restore your reputation in the eyes of the city. 

Having said his piece and having been rejected, Boomingham remains quietly in the corner keeping an eye on things. He is sore at Atramor, sure, but not so sore that he doesn't back the ex-pirate, and if the Bonapartes pull anything fast he'd be content to help stop them.

"Can't beat experience," he grumbles as Arthur suggests building and manning an entirely new fleet of ships.

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur once again gestures to Illdria and bows with a flourish to yield the floor to her.

OOC: @CMP Illdria is the entire reason Arthur is aware of the Bonapartes being corrupt in the first place, so he'd rather let her speak directly rather than try to speak on her behalf when she's literally right here.

@Waterbrick Down

"I'm sorry, who is this Rear Admiral Melville?"

"Rear Admiral Melville," said a voice that was clearly audible to everyone in the room, "was one of the most trusted and relied upon Bonaparte Admirals in service and the commander of Fort Hemlock, formerly known as the Jolly Roger's Grotto. He was also a power-hungry necromancer with plans to raise an army of undead and conquer the world, which is par for the course for most necromancers in all honesty. His machinations were only prevented by the actions of a group of heroes who were hired by Captain Illdria here to rescue her crew from captivity in his fortress, the Bonapartes only became aware of his plans after he was already dead."

Throlar blinked in surprise. "Well," he said after a moment, "errr, thank you Ophaniel, didn't know you were so well informed. Well," he said, turning his attention to the Bonaparte delegation, "I can tell just form the sound of it that it's a rather extreme case, but the ease with which Melville seems to have committed this grandiose act of treason does demonstrate that giving captains 'independence in the affairs of ships and their crews' is a very bad idea. And even if they don't go rouge there is still the possibility of them using their power to abuse their crews-"

"Which is also something Melville did, he placed all of the solders in his fort that he could under mind control and had those that couldn't be controlled killed."

"-which is unacceptable." Throlar paused, his brow furrowed, as he processed Ophaniel's interjection. "He did that too?" he said after a moment.

"Yes."

"Well."

4 hours ago, Flipz said:

Arthur once again gestures to Illdria and bows with a flourish to yield the floor to her.

16403890313_9ffb0c7a7d_t.jpg

"Power corrupts."

Illdria shrugs.

"It's as simple as it sounds. Build up an army like that and the bad eggs float to the top eventually. Melville hatched a scheme to get his position, his fort, and his ship, sure. But before that, all it took was a dedication to the rules the Bonapartes laid out to get his foot in the door. Personally, I think merchants should be responsible for their own protection. It won't make Eubric as attractive a port, but at the end of the day I don't think a fleet for this city was ever a good idea. Back in the day, with an army of orcs, they were invaluable. Even I see that. But the way things are now...Bonies are a relic of the past. Cut 'em loose, I say."

She looked sideways at Attina.

"No offense. Was a pleasure working with your people back in Baltarok. Hell, the way your men fight, I think you're more suited to taking the fight to the bad guys rather than sitting around Eubric. Armies are for wars. Not much else."

On 11/5/2018 at 11:17 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

"I'd like a more through definition of "independence in the affairs of their ships and their crews". For obvious reasons, I don't think we can support any definition that threatens Eubric's stability.

Labor support..."

Lind looked at Ulric and Skrall. "Ulric - you've been pretty quiet. Do you suppose that we could get workers from the Hovels to rebuild the fort? Might help alleviate some of the poverty.

Also, Ulric, Skrall - since you seem to be here representing the Hovels, any thoughts on the current situation?" He nodded at Attina. "Might as well hear all sides now as later."

WAtjzQ47pzgeY0pviT8DZd_XDJ5yF_9smCUwnZVz4_D-GirTzDZBtdNNLr9jZBnitjFWILA=s85
"The folks in the hovels are plenty willing to work. They just need a boost up, hard to have the strength to work when you're starving and sleeping in the streets. But if we're rebuilding that fort simply for the Bonapartes to retake power... can't say I'd necessarily endorse that. Captain Illdria's got a good point. If this council thing of yours is going to work, I'll be putting my hat in for that magistrate, king, whatever you want to call it."

On 11/6/2018 at 8:07 PM, CMP said:

16403890313_9ffb0c7a7d_t.jpg

"Power corrupts."

Illdria shrugs.

"It's as simple as it sounds. Build up an army like that and the bad eggs float to the top eventually. Melville hatched a scheme to get his position, his fort, and his ship, sure. But before that, all it took was a dedication to the rules the Bonapartes laid out to get his foot in the door. Personally, I think merchants should be responsible for their own protection. It won't make Eubric as attractive a port, but at the end of the day I don't think a fleet for this city was ever a good idea. Back in the day, with an army of orcs, they were invaluable. Even I see that. But the way things are now...Bonies are a relic of the past. Cut 'em loose, I say."

She looked sideways at Attina.

"No offense. Was a pleasure working with your people back in Baltarok. Hell, the way your men fight, I think you're more suited to taking the fight to the bad guys rather than sitting around Eubric. Armies are for wars. Not much else."

tS0OKE6-uZO2QkUKHXWwUZzBIQi5JSeGMKpdiwKMzmFN2jKDfB7eatlaCB5OxTfFOoEDRg=s85
"Relics? Where do you think the majority of the fleet has been lately? What do you think most of the tarrifs are currently funding? We're at war in the north trying to stymie the marauders at their source. Your plan for each merchant to arm themselves is good for a crew like your own, the Magpie is known for it's capable fighters, but not all traders are warriors. Additionally isn't the last thing this city needs a hundred ships armed to the teeth for their own 'protection' with no accountability?"

QM Note: I know folks are getting a little anxious for a wrap up. How granular does everyone want the final decisions, do you really want to vote on all of the proposals laid out, or are most folks OK with boldly expressing their hopes/wishes and letting me try and bring some sense of finality to this all?

5 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

QM Note: I know folks are getting a little anxious for a wrap up. How granular does everyone want the final decisions, do you really want to vote on all of the proposals laid out, or are most folks OK with boldly expressing their hopes/wishes and letting me try and bring some sense of finality to this all?

I think we have a pretty good outline down. I'm all for wrapping this up. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

OOC: I'd personally like to see the second option progress, but that's just me. :classic:

Karie exasperatingly exhaled. "Look, we can sit here all day trying to work something out, but it's getting late and some of us just sent an archdemon back to the Void. We have a good outline. We can hammer out the details tomorrow once some of us have rested. Please. There's only so much Metasimian Ale can do to help keep some of us going." Karie asked diplomatically. She went to take a swig of Metasimian Ale but realized it was empty. She moved back upstairs to put it away for disposal, stepping over the glass of the bottle she'd dropped earlier. She decided to grab a broom and dustpan and sweep up the glass. 

13 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Karie exasperatingly exhaled. "Look, we can sit here all day trying to work something out, but it's getting late and some of us just sent an archdemon back to the Void. We have a good outline. We can hammer out the details tomorrow once some of us have rested. Please. There's only so much Metasimian Ale can do to help keep some of us going." Karie asked diplomatically. She went to take a swig of Metasimian Ale but realized it was empty. She moved back upstairs to put it away for disposal, stepping over the glass of the bottle she'd dropped earlier. She decided to grab a broom and dustpan and sweep up the glass. 

Agreed. The finer details like city defense should probably be left to a council decision anyways, 

Anything else? Oh, right, Veteran stuff.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:35 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Ah I guess that makes sense, well if we're looking to propose names I'd recommend at least, yerself, Asa, Atramor, Karie, and Nerwen."

On 11/1/2018 at 10:55 PM, Flipz said:

"A bit out of left field, but perhaps Euflear, if they'd be willing?  At least for a short while?  We are, in some ways, re-founding Heroica, so the wisdom of one who founded Heroica originally -- and, importantly, who did not try to impose that past directly upon us when confronted with modernity -- is not easily discounted."

On 11/2/2018 at 5:07 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

"I was considering putting in my name for Veteran - we could use someone on the team that's good with the newer members.  And I'd like to think I was. But...we haven't seen any new faces in a very long time. And all of the younger heroes are gone, or leaving."

"I'll second Dyric, Atramor, and Karie. And I'll propose adding Vindsval to that list. Euflear, too - but just until Eubric gets back on its feet."

I like to hope that we'll keep seeing new faces, Lind. 

Myself, Atramor, and Karie seem like a lock. I had thought Hoke might be a good fit, but it seems he has other plans. I see the logic in having Asa or Euflear around in a mentor capacity, but I think I'd rather see as clean of a slate as possible when it comes to Veterans. 

VindsvalNerwen, thoughts? I also think we should have someone 'newer.' Throlar, perhaps? Torald? Hel, Lind, if you really want it, the position does seem to be up for grabs.

I'm ready to close things out if everyone else is. 

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

OOC: I'd personally like to see the second option progress, but that's just me. :classic:

8 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Agreed. The finer details like city defense should probably be left to a council decision anyways, 

Myself, Atramor, and Karie seem like a lock. I had thought Hoke might be a good fit, but it seems he has other plans. I see the logic in having Asa or Euflear around in a mentor capacity, but I think I'd rather see as clean of a slate as possible when it comes to Veterans. 

VindsvalNerwen, thoughts? I also think we should have someone 'newer.' Throlar, perhaps? Torald? Hel, Lind, if you really want it, the position does seem to be up for grabs.

"I agree with Karie, and Dyric makes a good point - city defense does seem like a council decision. Or, at the least, we can provide what we have to them, and they can choose what they want.

As to Veterans...you know, I'm in. Throlar's already said that he wants to be out there, changing the world - and Veteran kind of ties you down...and Torald isn't with us anymore.

Here's my Veteran picks, and why:

Atramor Gibbon: He's loyally served Eubric since before many of us were here, he's well respected, and a good leader, capable of hearing all voices on a matter.

Karie Alderflask: Ever since I've been a member of Heroica, she has always been incredibly impressive in terms of diplomacy and leadership, always trying to make amends between warring parties. She's clever, and she's not against a good plan when someone proposes it.

Dyric Rone: The man loves Eubric, and from what people tell me, has been doing his best to serve it since the day he arrived. He deserves this.

Vindsval Half-born: His twin devotions to his faith, and his city, can be an inspiration to us all - and especially to new heroes. The man was willing to loose an arm, just to keep this city from suffering a plague - surely any one willing to sacrifice as much as this, can be trusted with the safety of our city.

Lind Whisperer: Vindsval and I both have a knack with the newer heroes - we can connect the old generation of heroes, and the new. I'm good at coming up with plans in a pinch - most of you will remember my 'election team' back in Rosier's dream. But my plans do best when I have someone to balance me out - and Karie, Dyric, and Vindsval, would each be a fine balance in and of themselves. All together, we'd be unstoppable.

The Knight paused.

"I'm not entirely sure who to nominate for a sixth. Skrall is talented, and dedicated, but he's tightly tied to the Wolfgang, and Heroica needs to be independent. Asa has served loyally, but as Dyric said, it might be better just to have a clean slate. Euflear, same reasons as Asa. I know that some people want Nerwen, but, given how quiet she's been, I'd like to hear if anyone else would like to step forward before I push for her."

@Waterbrick Down I'm fine with moving ahead.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

@Lord Duvors

Olivia Scelin made her way into Heroica Hall as quietly as she could: something that was hard to do seeing as how she made a lot of noise with the bells fashioned onto her outfit. She pulled out a piece of parchment in her pocket and looked around, noticing Throlar matched the description. 

44715522275_80b9c58342_o.jpg
"Hey, Throlar? You probably have no clue who I am, but that's alright. Name's Olivia, I work for the Syndicate... or, uh, at least what's left of it. Anyways, I've been informed to come and take you to our mutual friend. The, uh, undead one. She's specifically calling for you. Made me write a whole list and everything to ensure you were the one to get it." Olivia shows Throlar the note she wrote out

9 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Arthur shakes his head.  "No, Asa stays.  Not only did she keep herself committed to the job and avoid political entanglements before the Founders showed up, but out of all the Veterans we had, she could have easily gotten away just like Hestia, and instead, she risked herself to try and sway public opinion, and nearly got hanged for it.  That's what a true Veteran looks like, it wouldn't be right to strip her of her position after setting such a sterling example.  As for the rest..."  Arthur shrugs.  "I could get behind Dyric, Karie, Atramor, and Vindsval.  I'd nominate Matthias, but the immortality thing is just as much a problem for him as it is for me.  Throlar and Skrall are the first picks to come to mind for the last spot."

3 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"As to Veterans...you know, I'm in. Throlar's already said that he wants to be out there, changing the world - and Veteran kind of ties you down...and Torald isn't with us anymore.

...right. Of course. 

Rone glances around, taking fresh note of how empty the Hall had become. Time to start fresh, it would seem.

2 hours ago, Flipz said:

Arthur shakes his head.  "No, Asa stays.  Not only did she keep herself committed to the job and avoid political entanglements before the Founders showed up, but out of all the Veterans we had, she could have easily gotten away just like Hestia, and instead, she risked herself to try and sway public opinion, and nearly got hanged for it.  That's what a true Veteran looks like, it wouldn't be right to strip her of her position after setting such a sterling example.  As for the rest..."  Arthur shrugs.  "I could get behind Dyric, Karie, Atramor, and Vindsval.  I'd nominate Matthias, but the immortality thing is just as much a problem for him as it is for me.  Throlar and Skrall are the first picks to come to mind for the last spot."

All fair points. In that case, I'm fine with Asa rejoining us. That's five. As for the sixth pick...

Lind, Throlar and Skrall seem to be our candidates. All strong options. That said, Skrall has a direct link to the Wolfgang, and Throlar  seems to be on his way out...

...I would have hit myself for saying this a week ago... My vote goes to the Whisperer

"I mean no offence, Karie, really I don't, but...you just seem a tad too temperamental with perhaps a few too many involvements outside of Heroica. I mean, you were with us to the end in all this and that certainly proves your worth, but...I don't know. Please, don't take this the wrong way, but being that this decision could have lasting consequences for a while, I didn't think it right to just sit back and say nothing when I saw what I thought may be a problematic point.

"Nerwen also has been an unstable member of Heroica. Even though I think she could be the best fit for the role, she clearly has ties on...other boats, if you will.

"But perhaps, I should not be the one to say. It seems to me the city is in good enough hands as it is. As for me, I think it's time that I went for my second furlough from Heroica. I will be heading south, I think, far south. But don't worry, I have returned to Heroica before in its time of need and I have a feeling that I will be back again should it ever need me. If it's all the same to you all, I will take a couple of night's rest, as well as to put my things in order, and then I shall be saying farewell to our beloved hall...and all of you."