Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

Sighing again, the knight returned to the Hall.

7 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran sighs and takes a big sip from his mulled wine. "I will be leaving pretty soon, I never planned to stay this long in the first place and I don't want to risk to lure more demonic powers here. I've lost to many to those realms as it is. By the way..." Ezeran looks around at the hall and the empty seat next to him. "It wouldn't be the same without him." Ezerans gaze locks on to Petaldan and for the first time in a while a smile could be seen  in the old sorcerers face, it could even be mistaken for paternal pride. "My young master knight, how would you like to depart on a journey with me to foreign places and new kind of adventures?" 

Looking up from a piece of parchment he had begun to scribble at, at the bar, the knight nodded to the pair.

"You two got a direction in mind?"

He affixed the paper to the Quest Board.

"Me, I'm thinking of heading of towards Salmanda when all of this settles. Always wanted to go."

Quest ???: ???
I'm looking for heroes/ex-heroes to go on a road/sea trip with me to Salmanda. No goal, but it's Salmanda - something's always happening!
Party Requirements: None
Reward: Adventure

Edited by Lind Whisperer

3 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Sighing again, the knight returned to the Hall.

Looking up from a piece of parchment he had begun to scribble at, at the bar, the knight nodded to the pair.

"Me, I'm thinking of heading of towards Salmanda when all of this settles. Always wanted to go."

Ezeran looks up and smiles at Lind. "You know what, it would be nice to tag along! Let me know when you are ready to leave. I'm almost done." 

Ezeran heads over to the bar and and brings forth 100 gold that he gives to the bartender. "Could you do me a favour? When a new hero enters that door, summon him over to the bar and give him a free ale and a meal. Then tell him the story of Torald Waruelf and his sacrifice for this city and this institution. Should be enough to inspire the next generation of heroes." The sorcerer then promptly brings out a pocket knife and with great care carves "Torald was here" in the counter before returning to Lind.  

15 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezerans gaze locks on to Petaldan and for the first time in a while a smile could be seen  in the old sorcerers face, it could even be mistaken for paternal pride. "My young master knight, how would you like to depart on a journey with me to foreign places and new kind of adventures?" 

"I...I...Okay. I think so. Maybe we will find people to help there. We can do Torald's memory honour."

A slight smile grows on the little knight's face, even though his eyes still appear a bit sad.

Rone can't help but note the sound of the dragon on the horizon. He should have said goodbye to the old friend... and yet, it seemed appropriate. He only hoped they would meet again sometime in the distant future.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:14 AM, CMP said:

"Let's figure out this council thing. Then the Bonaparte thing. Then the Veteran thing. Keeps things simpler."

On 10/31/2018 at 7:56 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Skrall pipes up, “We should also figure out who’ll be leadin’ Heroica as well. I think we should keep Asa around for her counsel even if I’m against the Norialis. Unlike Hestia she still strive to remain neutral in all of this and right the wrongs committed by this organization.”

That would be the Veteran part, I believe.

16 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Here I thought you wanted to stick around and play a part in putting the pieces together, Lind.

On 10/31/2018 at 5:38 PM, Palathadric said:

"I still have plans of training as a High Cleric. I'm not sure which role is more needed for the future though. Hell, if I'll be honest, I don't even know if I intend to hang around anymore. God knows I've done my bit for this city and part of me feels called elsewhere, to a quieter existence where I can focus on training people who actually want to learn to do more to help others and not just helping those who are continually in a fight for their own survival due to problems that they helped bring into existence. But, I guess it depends on how all of this turns out. I am somehow inextricably linked with Heroica, and not just Heroica, but Eubric itself. Even if I go, I almost certain that I will at some point find my way back, Heroica is in my blood now. Still, though, I just feel that my time here has torn me away from my purpose of living, spending all my time sorting through other people's problems. But, hell, maybe that's what living is all about, eh?"

"Well I certainly feel that way. And don't worry, I'm certain that whatever path you choose to take in future it will be the right one."

18 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The Munchkin frowned. "You're a good friend, Throlar, and I don't want to say no...but I've had that Mask ever since my first quest. It's a bit sentimental to me...I'd rather not give it away."

"In that case, it's yours. I have no intention of taking anything of sentimental value from you or anyone else."

As he spoke Throlar finished writing, folded the letter, and flung it into the air where the pink slip of paper promptly vanished. Having done that Throlar let out a deep breath and settled back in his seat.

"Well," he said, "that was my resignation. As of now I am no longer a member of the Titaanese Diplomatic Service. Though in all honesty my membership has been in-name-only for some time now." He sat still for a moment, somehow looking both vastly relived and immensely unsure of himself, before taking the second slip and beginning to write once more.

8 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I...I...Okay. I think so. Maybe we will find people to help there. We can do Torald's memory honour."

A slight smile grows on the little knight's face, even though his eyes still appear a bit sad.

"Ah, one thing before you go, err..."

Throlar paused for a moment, for once in his life seeming to not know what he was going to say next.

"You... when your party reunited with the rest of us you had an Arbormancer with you, his name was Wally if I remember correctly, he... I was told his fiancée died during this affair, would you happen to know where that was?"

Edited by Lord Duvors

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Rone can't help but note the sound of the dragon on the horizon. He should have said goodbye to the old friend... and yet, it seemed appropriate. He only hoped they would meet again sometime in the distant future.

That would be the Veteran part, I believe.

Here I thought you wanted to stick around and play a part in putting the pieces together, Lind.

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Ah I guess that makes sense, well if we're looking to propose names I'd recommend at least, yerself, Asa, Atramor, Karie, and Nerwen."

The door to the hall opens and a contingent of Bonaparte's enter. A retinue of four cannoneers stay at the door as Attina and Hestia walk up the hall's steps. Hoples apologies somewhat nervously.

PVYusz8SGbvnFEIbBCsLqCehvB39uqaDN3DPdLR3bbzYvBGe-gdeog7cBRtGfD_DQh77_A=s85
"Sorry heroes, I sent off a z-mail so we could get this all straightened out."

gUZ2enSOiKRGQSMTX0IvoA6ZzjU7ZNJj_Vc8CFKljvHtKJRWbDEDgiqot18kFIUKoHWnrw=s85
"You wanted to talk, well I'm listening. But first I want to know what soddin' idiot lit the match to my family's fort?"

f0gYsI04kNd8CTqoVtS9XSnYL2JPs2gbO0PtG1WVd_o4MPNnzdpp5DmZuSNW2T4OF7WgHPE=s85
"Attina!"

"No mother, I understand your ties to Heroica, but you cannot simply ignore the great damage they have done to our family."

On October 31, 2018 at 12:43 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"By the way, said Throlar retrieving the Scroll of Minimization from Benji, "I've borrowed several items from some of you people and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me keeping some of them? The Spring Staff from Karie, the Trickster's Mask of the Human that Lind gave me, and the Scrolls, Lens of Speed Reading, Splinter Broom, and Shredding Star that Pretzel lent. I have a feeling I'll be needing them in the future if I want to keep doing this Hero stuff."

"Sure. Keep the Spring Staff, Throlar." Karie shrugged. "I doubt I'll be needing it anytime soon."

19 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Noticing Lind had moved to the quest board, Karie followed, her drink in hand. After Lind had posted the notice Karie chuckled to herself, taking a sip of her drink. "Salmanda, eh?" Karie remarks. She takes a moment to read it over a second time. "Heard it's nice this time of year. You got plans to vacation there or something?"

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Ah I guess that makes sense, well if we're looking to propose names I'd recommend at least, yerself, Asa, Atramor, Karie, and Nerwen."

"A bit out of left field, but perhaps Euflear, if they'd be willing?  At least for a short while?  We are, in some ways, re-founding Heroica, so the wisdom of one who founded Heroica originally -- and, importantly, who did not try to impose that past directly upon us when confronted with modernity -- is not easily discounted."

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The door to the hall opens and a contingent of Bonaparte's enter. A retinue of four cannoneers stay at the door as Attina and Hestia walk up the hall's steps. Hoples apologies somewhat nervously.

PVYusz8SGbvnFEIbBCsLqCehvB39uqaDN3DPdLR3bbzYvBGe-gdeog7cBRtGfD_DQh77_A=s85
"Sorry heroes, I sent off a z-mail so we could get this all straightened out."

"You wanted to talk, well I'm listening. But first I want to know what soddin' idiot lit the match to my family's fort?"

"Attina!"

"No mother, I understand your ties to Heroica, but you cannot simply ignore the great damage they have done to our family."

"And you cannot simply ignore the great damage your family has done to Heroica and to Eubric!" Arthur snaps reflexively.  The Skirmisher takes a few crucial seconds to breathe, trying to quell the instinctual rage that had built in response to Attina's loud accusations.  "You know what, no, I'm not doing this.  I'm the messenger to them, not the diplomat; someone else needs to talk to the Bonapartes, I'm too angry over everything they've done."  With that, Arthur stands up and steps aside, standing near Illdria and shaking his head at the situation.

14 hours ago, The Legonater said:

"I did say I'm not leaving until everything's settled."

The Munchkin shrugged, and looked over to where everyone was nominating veterans.

"But beyond that...Heroica seems like it's in pretty good hands.

I was considering putting in my name for Veteran - we could use someone on the team that's good with the newer members.  And I'd like to think I was. But...we haven't seen any new faces in a very long time. And all of the younger heroes are gone, or leaving.

Not really sure what I could contribute to this new Heroica, that other people can't do better."

He chuckled. "Other than crazy strategies and plans, that is."

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

7 hours ago, Flipz said:

"A bit out of left field, but perhaps Euflear, if they'd be willing?  At least for a short while?  We are, in some ways, re-founding Heroica, so the wisdom of one who founded Heroica originally -- and, importantly, who did not try to impose that past directly upon us when confronted with modernity -- is not easily discounted."

"I'll second Dyric, Atramor, and Karie. And I'll propose adding Vindsval to that list.

Euflear, too - but just until Eubric gets back on its feet. I imagine the Fae probably needs his help more than we do. And we'd need to nominate a successor."

10 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Sure. Keep the Spring Staff, Throlar." Karie shrugged. "I doubt I'll be needing it anytime soon."

Noticing Lind had moved to the quest board, Karie followed, her drink in hand. After Lind had posted the notice Karie chuckled to herself, taking a sip of her drink. "Salmanda, eh?" Karie remarks. She takes a moment to read it over a second time. "Heard it's nice this time of year. You got plans to vacation there or something?"

"Something like that. Always heard it was a beautiful place - but never got the chance to go. Figure I'd rectify that.

What's life looking like for you? Got any plans-" He tipped his glass at her, and chuckled. "-Future Veteran?"

Edited by Lind Whisperer

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

gUZ2enSOiKRGQSMTX0IvoA6ZzjU7ZNJj_Vc8CFKljvHtKJRWbDEDgiqot18kFIUKoHWnrw=s85"You wanted to talk, well I'm listening. But first I want to know what soddin' idiot lit the match to my family's fort?"

"Attina!"

With a great deal of hesitance, Dyric lifted his hand, stepping forward. 

Uh, that would be me. I fired the arrow that burned the Fort down. If you're looking for someone to prosecute, I guess I'm your guy. 

20 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Attina!"

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Uh, that would be me. I fired the arrow that burned the Fort down. If you're looking for someone to prosecute, I guess I'm your guy. 

Lind crossed his arms, and stepped forward.

"I'd suggest we do one of those deals where we all claim to have burn the Fort down-but given the Bonapartes' reputation, I don't doubt you'd love prosecuting a group just as much as an individual."

He stood beside Dyric, and looked squarely at both Hestia and her daughter.

"I don't see where you have much ground, complaining about your fort. You fled the city to the Crystalline Sea when the Founders invaded. If it wasn't for Heroica's efforts in retaking your property, you'd still be out there for all we know, attacking fleet or not.

Your fort's destruction was unfortunate, but necessary - none of us were interested in having to retake the fort again, and leaving it standing, with the rest of the Houses in shambles, would have given you too much power over the city.

Don't complain that you came back to ruins, be thankful you could even come back."

2 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"I don't see where you have much ground, complaining about your fort. You fled the city to the Crystalline Sea when the Founders invaded. If it wasn't for Heroica's efforts in retaking your property, you'd still be out there for all we know, attacking fleet or not.

Your fort's destruction was unfortunate, but necessary - none of us were interested in having to retake the fort again, and leaving it standing, with the rest of the Houses in shambles, would have given you too much power over the city.

Don't complain that you came back to ruins, be thankful you could even come back."

Kiray chiumes in from her spot with Diana, "Ignoring th part of the other Houses being in shambles and Bonapartes being in power, I agree. Well, they would have, but that's not really why we destroyed it. It's because, as he said, it would have been too difficult to retake, and all of you fled like the weasels you are."

"You abandoned that fort when the going got tough. We had to fight out way in there in what can only be described as a bloodbath. Don't act as if we owed it to you to return that fort in one piece. That fort almost spelled the ruin of Eubric. Why are you too afraid to install yourself in the city like everyone else instead of hiding out on an island where no one can reach you?"

22 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Thank you."

19 hours ago, Flipz said:

"And you cannot simply ignore the great damage your family has done to Heroica and to Eubric!" Arthur snaps reflexively.  The Skirmisher takes a few crucial seconds to breathe, trying to quell the instinctual rage that had built in response to Attina's loud accusations.  "You know what, no, I'm not doing this.  I'm the messenger to them, not the diplomat; someone else needs to talk to the Bonapartes, I'm too angry over everything they've done."  With that, Arthur stands up and steps aside, standing near Illdria and shaking his head at the situation.

"Well I am trained in negotia-"

2 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"I'd suggest we do one of those deals where we all claim to have burn the Fort down-but given the Bonapartes' reputation, I don't doubt you'd love prosecuting a group just as much as an individual."

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Kiray chiumes in from her spot with Diana, "Ignoring th part of the other Houses being in shambles and Bonapartes being in power, I agree. Well, they would have, but that's not really why we destroyed it. It's because, as he said, it would have been too difficult to retake, and all of you fled like the weasels you are."

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"You abandoned that fort when the going got tough. We had to fight out way in there in what can only be described as a bloodbath. Don't act as if we owed it to you to return that fort in one piece. That fort almost spelled the ruin of Eubric. Why are you too afraid to install yourself in the city like everyone else instead of hiding out on an island where no one can reach you?"

"Okay, everyone shut the hell up. Being deliberately antagonistic in a delicate diplomatic situation is not helpful. Believe me, I'm speaking from experience." He turned to face the newcomers. "Now let's start again, can you please tell us what you want from us?"

@Waterbrick Down

13 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"I'll second Dyric, Atramor, and Karie. And I'll propose adding Vindsval to that list.

Euflear, too - but just until Eubric gets back on its feet. I imagine the Fae probably needs his help more than we do. And we'd need to nominate a successor."

"Something like that. Always heard it was a beautiful place - but never got the chance to go. Figure I'd rectify that.

What's life looking like for you? Got any plans-" He tipped his glass at her, and chuckled. "-Future Veteran?"

"Eh, I can live without Euflear returning as a Veteran." Karie remarks. "I'm certain they want to regroup the rest of the fae and figure out what to do next."

"Well, seems as if though I'm about to come into a position of authority very soon." Karie replies, grinning nervously. "My big plans? Well... my next course of action once this has wrapped up is to take a nap. This Metasimian Ale's helpful, but I'm running low on energy. Fighting through the Faerie, storming a fort, and sending an Archdemon back to the Void does that to a person." Karie smirks as she takes another swig from the large bottle of ale. She continues to speak in a more melancholic tone. "I also need to go and find my sister's grave as well. I have no idea what I intend to do with that, but I'll see what her gravesite looks like and work from there. I may wind up moving her remains to the cemetery proper as I don't know if the gardeners in the Hanging Gardens even know about the fact she's buried on the premises." Karie lightens up after bringing up her sister, seemingly happy getting it off her chest.

"I don't know what's going to happen after that. A lot's happened in my life these past few days and I'm ready to just take it slowly for a little while. If I'm giving the position of Veteran I might take the responsibility of finding us a new bartender: whoever that might be."

11 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Okay, everyone shut the hell up. Being deliberately antagonistic in a delicate diplomatic situation is not helpful. Believe me, I'm speaking from experience." He turned to face the newcomers. "Now let's start again, can you please tell us what you want from us?"

@Waterbrick Down

Karie had noticed Attina and her entourage enter the hall but didn't pay much attention to it until Throlar spoke up. She watched the proceedings, ready to pounce in to defend Throlar should the discussions sour. She crossed her arms and looked towards Attina, waiting for her response to Throlar.

10 hours ago, The Legonater said:

"No, I simply wanted to see the face of the man who ruined my family."

8 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

7 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"My mother and the loyal fleet left for the crystal sea upon the mutiny which you've endorsed. And you wouldn't have made it to our fort without us providing cover fire from all the dragons on your back. Too much power over the city? What are you accusing my family of? Caring too much about it? That fort was installed to protect this city from pirates and others who would seek to destroy it, you've left this city completely defenseless now, you realize that,?"

6 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

@Waterbrick Down

"The fort my family constructed for the good of this city, out of their own pockets, was leveled to the ground, due to a Founder inspired uprising and your subsequent idiotic heroics. I had good men die merely because they wouldn't join a mutiny. I had my mother chased from her home, because they were calling for her hanging. What do you think I want, heroes?"

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Lind spoke in a softer voice. "You know what could have ruined your family even more? If they all had been forced to give up their lives to reclaim that fort.

You may have lost your fort, but you still seem to have at least some of your family. Correctly piled stones couldn't ever replace them.

And beyond that, you're still one of the most powerful navies around. This was a setback for you, financially, but you can recoup it in time."

My mother and the loyal fleet left for the crystal sea upon the mutiny which you've endorsed. And you wouldn't have made it to our fort without us providing cover fire from all the dragons on your back. Too much power over the city? What are you accusing my family of? Caring too much about it? That fort was installed to protect this city from pirates and others who would seek to destroy it, you've left this city completely defenseless now, you realize that,?"

"I was not around when it happened, but from description, I don't think anyone here had much say in "endorsing" it. They were thrown out, without any choice.

The cover fire helped, but we could still have taken it without it. We reached the fort while you were still quite a ways out.

Too much power? Do you not remember how your family was one of the leaders of a certain Alliance? Those groups weren't about 'caring' for Eubric, they were about asserting power under the guise of charity.

And as long as Heroica has heroes, this city is not defenseless."

"The fort my family constructed for the good of this city, out of their own pockets, was leveled to the ground, due to a Founder inspired uprising and your subsequent idiotic heroics. I had good men die merely because they wouldn't join a mutiny. I had my mother chased from her home, because they were calling for her hanging. What do you think I want, heroes?"

"Well, you said you wanted to see the face of the man who burned your fort down. Well, you have." He shrugged. "What else can we help you with?"

Edited by Lind Whisperer

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Poetic justice? A slap in the face?" Ezeran replies from his corner seemingly irritated.

"Forgive me, Attina. I spoke harshly and overly quickly. We had a demonic invasion on our hands and we had to act quickly. I'm sorry to say if you think differently, but the people of Eubric were not thrilled with your protection. Maybe they didn't know any better, but let's face it, they jumped at the chance to side with the Founders. Many of those who helped us were vehemently opposed to your returning to the fort and "protecting Eubric again". We had a decision to make and the threat of the archdemon turning this city, your beloved city, into a necropolis, forced us to take speedy action. I did not like the action taken, but it seemed necessary. Besides, other factions involved in liberating this city would have loved to stake a claim on the fortress or to destroy it  while we were fighting the demon and while you were engaged in your naval battle. I was afraid that there would be another bloodbath of the stones of Fort Bonaparte and I thought the best solution was to have it go up. Besides, once our fight there was over it resembled a slaughterhouse more than a fortress."

Rone glanced at the other heroes jumping to his defense. He turned back to Attina, not interested in an argument.

20 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"What do you think I want, heroes?"

Dyric shrugged. I'm here. You want revenge, take it out on me. If you want justice, we should sit down and have a conversation, and not accusations. He waved a hand to the other delegates. We're here trying to rebuild Eubric, and if you want a part in that, you're welcome to join. But if you're just here to spew vitriol, then it seems to me that you've had your piece. 

17 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Lind spoke in a softer voice. "You know what could have ruined your family even more? If they all had been forced to give up their lives to reclaim that fort.

You may have lost your fort, but you still seem to have at least some of your family. Correctly piled stones couldn't ever replace them.

And beyond that, you're still one of the most powerful navies around. This was a setback for you, financially, but you can recoup it in time."

"And we wouldn't be having this setback if you hadn't decided to blow the fort up! May I remind you that navy can be just as efficient at keeping merchant ships from reaching Eubric as pirates."

"I was not around when it happened, but from description, I don't think anyone here had much say in "endorsing" it. They were thrown out, without any choice.

The cover fire helped, but we could still have taken it without it. We reached the fort while you were still quite a ways out.

"You blew up the fort and provided safety to the mutineers, I'd call that an endorsement. Who do you think kept the rest of the dragons at bay while your recaptured the fort? It was mutually beneficial, at least until you decided to light a powder keg."

Too much power? Do you not remember how your family was one of the leaders of a certain Alliance? Those groups weren't about 'caring' for Eubric, they were about asserting power under the guise of charity.

And as long as Heroica has heroes, this city is not defenseless."

"And what about when you're gone? What happens when you're stretched thin across the globe? You have no sustainable source of income, what happens when your coffers run dry? Do you think we'd still be here if we didn't care about this city?" 

"Well, you said you wanted to see the face of the man who burned your fort down. Well, you have." He shrugged. "What else can we help you with?"

13 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

"Poetic justice? A slap in the face?" Ezeran replies from his corner seemingly irritated.

13 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Rone glanced at the other heroes jumping to his defense. He turned back to Attina, not interested in an argument.

Dyric shrugged. I'm here. You want revenge, take it out on me. If you want justice, we should sit down and have a conversation, and not accusations. He waved a hand to the other delegates. We're here trying to rebuild Eubric, and if you want a part in that, you're welcome to join. But if you're just here to spew vitriol, then it seems to me that you've had your piece. 

"I want every deserter and mutineer turned over to my custody and I want financing from Heroica for the rebuilding of the Fort. And as for you," Attina stares coldly at Dyric, "I'll ensure you never get a single posting from my family again."

5 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Forgive me, Attina. I spoke harshly and overly quickly. We had a demonic invasion on our hands and we had to act quickly. I'm sorry to say if you think differently, but the people of Eubric were not thrilled with your protection. Maybe they didn't know any better, but let's face it, they jumped at the chance to side with the Founders. Many of those who helped us were vehemently opposed to your returning to the fort and "protecting Eubric again". We had a decision to make and the threat of the archdemon turning this city, your beloved city, into a necropolis, forced us to take speedy action. I did not like the action taken, but it seemed necessary. Besides, other factions involved in liberating this city would have loved to stake a claim on the fortress or to destroy it  while we were fighting the demon and while you were engaged in your naval battle. I was afraid that there would be another bloodbath of the stones of Fort Bonaparte and I thought the best solution was to have it go up. Besides, once our fight there was over it resembled a slaughterhouse more than a fortress."

Attina pauses at Pretzel's reasonable attitude, Hestia speaks up.
"Thank you Monk Pretzel, granted I believe you could say that at one point the people of Eubric were not thrilled with your protection as well. We cannot allow the ignorance of the masses however to turn a blind eye to the truth however. For many years my family kept the waters around Eubric and even further safe from pirates, invaders, and marauders. True we levied reasonable tariffs for said protection, but people tend to think of the tangible things they do not have, money, and not the intangible, freedom and security. I... I received the news about Jacq, Kukulkan, Cain, and Semiramis, I regret that I was not here to aid them. I... I once believed I could balance my two worlds like a rigger on a high line. I could keep both my family and Heroica safe... when Reno couldn't handle the pressures of the fleet anymore... I failed them both."

"Mother, you  have never brought dishonor upon our family. The fact that you would even seek to bridge your two lives speaks to your passion for those you care about. Heroes, my mother speaks the truth, the people have grown ignorant of the services my fleet has rendered this city over the years. I will speak plainly, there will always be corruption, even within our own ranks and we will do our best to root it out. However, if you wish to have the protection my ships can grant these waters, it will not come simply from charity."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"And we wouldn't be having this setback if you hadn't decided to blow the fort up! May I remind you that navy can be just as efficient at keeping merchant ships from reaching Eubric as pirates."

"I want every deserter and mutineer turned over to my custody and I want financing from Heroica for the rebuilding of the Fort."

Hands stuffed in his pockets, Rone gave a nearly irritatingly casual look around the Hall. 

I don't see any mutineers here, do you? If so, by all means, seize them. But you seem to have your heart set on this idea that we all wanted you folks overthrown. No Hero here had anything to do with the mutiny - that was all the False Founders, who are now deceased. So, I suppose justice is already served. As for finances, I agree. That seems only fair. 

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"And as for you," Attina stares coldly at Dyric, "I'll ensure you never get a single posting from my family again."

The assassin shrugged again, a smirk breaking into his unconcerned demeanour. Sounds absolutely fine by me, Attina.

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Thank you Monk Pretzel, granted I believe you could say that at one point the people of Eubric were not thrilled with your protection as well. We cannot allow the ignorance of the masses however to turn a blind eye to the truth however. For many years my family kept the waters around Eubric and even further safe from pirates, invaders, and marauders. True we levied reasonable tariffs for said protection, but people tend to think of the tangible things they do not have, money, and not the intangible, freedom and security. I... I received the news about Jacq, Kukulkan, Cain, and Semiramis, I regret that I was not here to aid them. I... I once believed I could balance my two worlds like a rigger on a high line. I could keep both my family and Heroica safe... when Reno couldn't handle the pressures of the fleet anymore... I failed them both."

"Mother, you  have never brought dishonor upon our family. The fact that you would even seek to bridge your two lives speaks to your passion for those you care about. Heroes, my mother speaks the truth, the people have grown ignorant of the services my fleet has rendered this city over the years. I will speak plainly, there will always be corruption, even within our own ranks and we will do our best to root it out. However, if you wish to have the protection my ships can grant these waters, it will not come simply from charity."

"If I am to be honest. I do agree with you in part. I think the Bonapartes have long been underappreciated in Eubric in spite of what they have given. Even now, you and the Wolfgang were the only "houses" if I may call them that, to stand with us against the Founders. I have not worked much with you so I can't say I know first-hand why people hold so much against you and for so long too, but I am quite sure that not all of them are just over petty issues. What I do know is that oftentimes the "laws" as they are laid out by the likes of you, and the "laws" as they are enforced by those under your command may be quite different things. I do believe, though, that the Bonapartes will need to become much more integrated into the future government of Eubric than they have been in the past.

"On behalf of the other heroes, I would like to thank you for your role in helping us liberate the city from the Founder's grip."

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Okay then. Ya'd rather be paid like mercenaries than have a seat at the council? I think that's plenty reasonable, to me. The corruption gets too bad we cut you loose, but ya'll have enough autonomy to keep from bein' bothered by the public."

14 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Hands stuffed in his pockets, Rone gave a nearly irritatingly casual look around the Hall. 

I don't see any mutineers here, do you? If so, by all means, seize them. But you seem to have your heart set on this idea that we all wanted you folks overthrown. No Hero here had anything to do with the mutiny - that was all the False Founders, who are now deceased. So, I suppose justice is already served. As for finances, I agree. That seems only fair. 

"Did you or did you not provide an escape to the mutineers from the fort?"

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"If I am to be honest. I do agree with you in part. I think the Bonapartes have long been underappreciated in Eubric in spite of what they have given. Even now, you and the Wolfgang were the only "houses" if I may call them that, to stand with us against the Founders. I have not worked much with you so I can't say I know first-hand why people hold so much against you and for so long too, but I am quite sure that not all of them are just over petty issues. What I do know is that oftentimes the "laws" as they are laid out by the likes of you, and the "laws" as they are enforced by those under your command may be quite different things. I do believe, though, that the Bonapartes will need to become much more integrated into the future government of Eubric than they have been in the past.

"On behalf of the other heroes, I would like to thank you for your role in helping us liberate the city from the Founder's grip."

"You are welcome, many of our men come from this city, they will wish to see it rebuilt and we will be there right beside them."

2 hours ago, CMP said:

"Okay then. Ya'd rather be paid like mercenaries than have a seat at the council? I think that's plenty reasonable, to me. The corruption gets too bad we cut you loose, but ya'll have enough autonomy to keep from bein' bothered by the public."

"Paid by who? Tell me, this council each member is relinquishing their wealth, their influence? If you are seeking help in governing this city merely out of the charity of peoples's heart and perhaps even to their detriment, then you will find aid to be scarce."