Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

It takes Arthur about five seconds to realize he's apparently completely blind.  The Skirmisher sighs heavily.

"Actually, on second thought, forget all that."

Arthur throws a Smoke Bomb, fleeing with (hopefully) the rest of the party to the Harbor.  If Pretzel moves to a different location or chooses not to flee, however, Arthur remains with Pretzel.

Catching sight of Arthur's motions, Knife-Tongue instead directs his allies to move to the Magpie instead.

Edited by Flipz

Torald looks around him. Only a handful other heroes are with him in the Harbor. Looking at the founders, Torald just sort of stands there. Not sure what to do, when to do, how to do... 

7 hours ago, Flipz said:

"Marco, I need you to start taking pot-shots at the Walking Mountain from the Back Row, dual-striking to Lady Luck as your secondary target..."

25883609950_939c0695b8_t.jpg
"Unless someone has an extra smelling salts, how do you intend for me to fire off double spells?"

"We are merely here trying to free those you seek to execute. They are good people and have done nothing wrong, that I know about. If these men died, it's because they sought to prevent us from helping the victims of your injustice. And if you think you are helping the city so much, may I ask you if you even know what ills plague this city? Why have you been holed up here in this fort while demons have literally been seeking to turn this city into some kind of necropolis? Some of us have been out fighting to ensure that does not happen, even the veterans that you accused. It is true that we may have taken wrong turns some times, but we have sacrificed for this city and we are not willing to let this city become some demon's playground. If you can't see that is what it is becoming, then that is all the more reason why you should step down and return to the graves from whence you came. If, however, you really want this city's good. Then perhaps you will join with our band in putting down the archdemon, Rosier, who is the foe of us all. But, if that is to happen, you will first have to release those whom you hold in this prison."

Should we climbed onto the Vermilion here and fly some where else? I wonder if it will even let us do that? Germ asked The Fay One. And if you don't think you are going to use that "Catapult" I loned you, maybe you could return it. I think it will be useful against that big ulgy "gold" thing. 

OoC:

Does someone have a master plane here? I would like to here it, I am not sure where to go at the moment.

Boomingham glances over his shoulder as the false founders stroll onto the battle field. He catches Torald’s stunned silence, and ignores whatever the Hel the fake Dragon is rambling about. “Hold the line here. I’ve got unfinished business in the harbor.” He faces Eric and jerks his head at Lady Luck. “Thinking you’ll want another crack at her?” Boomingham and Eric leap down into the harbor.

“What, we’re suddenly against massacres? Don’t get all sanctimonious with me. I know who you are. Didn’t you get your name for massacring green skins? What makes you think one group of massacrers-” he stumbles over the word, unsure if it’s real or not- “are any better for the city than another. One group of heroes- the “original” heroes- are any better than the modern heroes? Truth is we live in this city. It’s moved on since you were around. Being the six jackasses who happened to survive an assault a hundred something years ago doesn’t give you any ability to govern. You’re not even the real six jackasses. Just some demonic mirrors. Best thing to do would be to go wander into the sea. Except you.” He points to Lady Luck. “You and I are finishing what we started.”

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

25883609950_939c0695b8_t.jpg
"Unless someone has an extra smelling salts, how do you intend for me to fire off double spells?"

"Your...wand...?"  Arthur shakes his head violently in a vain attempt to clear it.  "Sorry.  Must have misunderstood its properties.  Just...try to keep the Founders from completely crushing the others before the rest of us can get in to hold them back."

OOC: Forgot that dual-strike doesn't work with spells, it's been a while.

5 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"We are merely here trying to free those you seek to execute. They are good people and have done nothing wrong, that I know about. If these men died, it's because they sought to prevent us from helping the victims of your injustice. And if you think you are helping the city so much, may I ask you if you even know what ills plague this city? Why have you been holed up here in this fort while demons have literally been seeking to turn this city into some kind of necropolis? Some of us have been out fighting to ensure that does not happen, even the veterans that you accused. It is true that we may have taken wrong turns some times, but we have sacrificed for this city and we are not willing to let this city become some demon's playground. If you can't see that is what it is becoming, then that is all the more reason why you should step down and return to the graves from whence you came. If, however, you really want this city's good. Then perhaps you will join with our band in putting down the archdemon, Rosier, who is the foe of us all. But, if that is to happen, you will first have to release those whom you hold in this prison."

27584467349_794287704d_t.jpg
"Your actions have consequences heroes as do those of your leaders. They allied themselves with the scum and villainy of this city, you allied yourselves with them, and these criminals have chosen to be complicit in your rebellion. I know not of demonic madness of which you are referring and I doubt it is nothing but a ruse to buy yourselves more time in order to gain aid from those ships on the horizon."

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

“What, we’re suddenly against massacres? Don’t get all sanctimonious with me. I know who you are. Didn’t you get your name for massacring green skins? What makes you think one group of massacrers-” he stumbles over the word, unsure if it’s real or not- “are any better for the city than another. One group of heroes- the “original” heroes- are any better than the modern heroes? Truth is we live in this city. It’s moved on since you were around. Being the six jackasses who happened to survive an assault a hundred something years ago doesn’t give you any ability to govern. You’re not even the real six jackasses. Just some demonic mirrors. Best thing to do would be to go wander into the sea. Except you.” He points to Lady Luck. “You and I are finishing what we started.”

40810114082_d3ede4f1be_t.jpg
"A massacre is different from war, you should know that at least. This city has moved into a pit thanks to the likes of you and your kind, it's not moving on, it's falling in a downward spiral and we are here to rescue it."

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham glances over his shoulder as the false founders stroll onto the battle field. He catches Torald’s stunned silence, and ignores whatever the Hel the fake Dragon is rambling about. “Hold the line here. I’ve got unfinished business in the harbor.” He faces Eric and jerks his head at Lady Luck. “Thinking you’ll want another crack at her?” Boomingham and Eric leap down into the harbor.

Karie watched as Lawrence dropped down into the harbour with Eric. She grimaced at the sight of the Founders, and then returned focus on action above. With their group leader having effectively left, Karie felt a tide of responsibility well inside her. She wanted a shot at the Veterans, but she was needed here. 

"Clear out these sailors! We need to clear the ramparts! We can get behind the Veterans and pincer them in their megablocks!" Karie looked out to sea to see what the Bonaparte fleet is up to.

Karie plays a Rapid March from the back row.

Torc whips her head around, nearly jerking Hoke off his mount. She frantically claws at the ground, trying to gain traction to move forward and take flight towards the Golden Dragon.  Hoke desperately tries to wrangle her and calm her down.

"Torc!  Torc!"  

She shakes her head and extends herself to full height, releasing a ferocious roar, lashing her tail about.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"A massacre is different from war, you should know that at least. This city has moved into a pit thanks to the likes of you and your kind, it's not moving on, it's falling in a downward spiral and we are here to rescue it."

“M’lady, what would you call it if foreigners arrived in a city, toppled the leadership, imposed martial law, and planned the execute their political rivals, all the while claiming they know what’s best for the city. If that’s not an Invasion I don’t know what is.”

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Your actions have consequences heroes as do those of your leaders. They allied themselves with the scum and villainy of this city, you allied yourselves with them, and these criminals have chosen to be complicit in your rebellion. I know not of demonic madness of which you are referring and I doubt it is nothing but a ruse to buy yourselves more time in order to gain aid from those ships on the horizon."

"They chose to help us because they know that we have fought, time and again, for the good of this city. Perhaps you are right that this city is sinking in a downwards spiral. Perhaps we need to take some responsibility that we didn't do enough to prevent it. But I can say that if it had not been for Heroica's influence over the past few years, this city would have gone under a long time ago. It's true that perhaps we have sometimes, unwittingly aided the cause of unjust people. Though, I believe I can say with a clear conscience that none of us did so intentionally. Most all of us have fought for the good of this city time and again. However, you must also realize that a justice that puts to death anyone whose opinions for what is good for this city differ from your own is not justice anymore. It is tyranny. I know that you do not intend to be tyrants. That never was Heroica's goal and I believe you seek to be the embodiment of all that Heroica truly stands for. That is why it pains me to see you fighting so relentlessly against us against all these others who you seek to execute, but who, with us, have been just about the only force for the past decade struggling to make this city a better place."

On 9/11/2018 at 2:40 AM, Alfadas said:

Torald looks around him. Only a handful other heroes are with him in the Harbor. Looking at the founders, Torald just sort of stands there. Not sure what to do, when to do, how to do... 

The Black Knight patted the Battle Mage on the back, gently.

"Don't worry, kid. Crescenteers stick together. We're going to win this."

He tilted his head. He looked around him. He grinned.

"...And I think I just figured out how we're going to start..."

He nodded at Ezeran. "You have a Sapphire, don't you? Good." The knight waved his hand around the field. "Take a look at all those sailors...they're carrying dozens and dozens of Fire Bombs. And they're all just lying there on the ground, since no one looted them.

Can you pick them up with a blast of Wind from that Sapphire, and, shall we say, give our founding friends here a warm welcome?

If you can't use Wind to ignite them, you can probably just hit them with a Fire spell from your Ruby - you're already Hastened, so that shouldn't be a problem."

OoC: By my count, there's anywhere from 50 to 59 firebombs. That's...

*checks Wiki*

Oh. Not as much damage as I was hoping...I was hoping they'd be more powerful, instead of only each doing 5 damage.

@Waterbrick Down Could each Fire bomb do x2 damage (10), since the Founders are made of Fairy dust, which, as the quest emphasized(to one of the other groups) is extra incendiary?

As it is, they'll do 250 to 295 damage to each Founder guaranteed*, without risk of injury/tripping a special.

If they could do x2 damage, that would be 500 to 590 per Founder - a pretty good start to the battle!

EDIT: Trying to troubleshoot for anything that might go wrong.

The Mountain has an effect where anything thrown at him has a 1/2 chance of being thrown back. Ezeran is Immune to Fire, but not the rest of us, so don't target him, let him get caught in the splash damage.

Also, all of those ??? specials have me concerned...We're going to be struggling with them throughout the battle, but having even only 250 damage reflected back at us could be very bad...

WBD: Can Ezeran use Wind to trigger the bombs as he throws them, in a single turn?

If he can, then Ezeran could throw one bomb as a test, then all 49-58 of them afterwards if nothing goes wrong. (Still risky, but a lot safer!)

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"They chose to help us because they know that we have fought, time and again, for the good of this city. Perhaps you are right that this city is sinking in a downwards spiral. Perhaps we need to take some responsibility that we didn't do enough to prevent it. But I can say that if it had not been for Heroica's influence over the past few years, this city would have gone under a long time ago. It's true that perhaps we have sometimes, unwittingly aided the cause of unjust people. Though, I believe I can say with a clear conscience that none of us did so intentionally. Most all of us have fought for the good of this city time and again. However, you must also realize that a justice that puts to death anyone whose opinions for what is good for this city differ from your own is not justice anymore. It is tyranny. I know that you do not intend to be tyrants. That never was Heroica's goal and I believe you seek to be the embodiment of all that Heroica truly stands for. That is why it pains me to see you fighting so relentlessly against us against all these others who you seek to execute, but who, with us, have been just about the only force for the past decade struggling to make this city a better place."

Lind shook his head, as he watched the monk try and plead with the false Dragoon.

"These...people, are illusions - fairy dust in the shape of humans.

I don't think you're going to ever get too far with them."

OoC: This timeline is...kind of skewed.

According to the rules, everyone in the Harbor will make their attacks, then Boomingham, etc. will jump down, then everyone has this conversation. *huh* Unless Boomingham, etc. are shouting across the battlefield, or we all decide to sit this round out+revitalize on potions, etc.

*Assuming no one's Immune to Fire. I think we're safe on this front - everyone's immunities, etc., seem based on their equipment, and very few pieces look like they might have Fire Immunity. Tome of the Miracle Worker, possibly, but I doubt it. And Luxidios isn't affected by Fire, anyway.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"But from what we've heard, they basically are the Founders in personality...as in, if the Founders really were alive, they would have done basically just what they are doing. It's not like they're demonically possessed from what we've learned. Their revival was a mere accident of sorts. Of course, when it comes down to it, we have to side where we must, but I have too much respect for even a pixie dust representation of our Founders to just destroy them without trying to persuade them. If it's all in vain, so be it.

"Euflear, I wonder if they would listen to you...or do you also think they are not worth our time?"

On 9/11/2018 at 2:20 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Your blade is the one covered in blood rogue."

About having enough of this,  "thing" Germ finally had to say something to her...

Do you even care "we" had to kill a bunch of "Dragons" and (I am guessing) suffocate those "humans"? Or it was all for the glory of the greatest one (i.e. you)? Because you come off as a psychopath. Hiding deep in your fortress letting all of your soldiers just die off, as you sit safe in your hidey hole. Then when you do come out, what are you facing the questioningly experienced opponents. Not to mention at the right time your so call "pet" (or is it a slave) dragon just happened to show up, coincidence I think not. You kinda remind me of a little song "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!" Or in your case the really "old boss". 

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I know not of demonic madness of which you are referring and I doubt it is nothing but a ruse to buy yourselves more time in order to gain aid from those ships on the horizon."

Proof! You want proof! Their is a lot of white vines covering the underground of the city. And don't say one of us put them their you think any of us is that smart. But you should all ready know that, if your so call friends told you anything. Or are they just your hoes, they get out of line and you pimp slap them. (Do what you say or else, I am sure they like that idea.) 

Massacre can lead to war, you should know that. Some of that is just your opinion. Who can say what state this city could be in if none of us showed up. But, I am dang sure you guys are not helping it one bit. I am thinking the others are not going to let you just rule without some sort of say. Personal I don't think any of us should rule this city.  If the city is going to burn, I say let it, I am sure not going to be able to stop it. 

On 9/10/2018 at 5:47 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

- Lord Duvors, I super don't want to ignore what Throlar is doing, sorry if it's coming across as that.

(Thats more how Throlar himself sees the situation than how I do, but thanks. I'll be finishing this post later.)

4 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"But from what we've heard, they basically are the Founders in personality...as in, if the Founders really were alive, they would have done basically just what they are doing. It's not like they're demonically possessed from what we've learned. Their revival was a mere accident of sorts. Of course, when it comes down to it, we have to side where we must, but I have too much respect for even a pixie dust representation of our Founders to just destroy them without trying to persuade them. If it's all in vain, so be it.

"Euflear, I wonder if they would listen to you...or do you also think they are not worth our time?"

OoC: Euflear is still on the boat.

Lind frowned. "I don't remember our hearing anything about any "accidents". It seems to me their revival was quite intentional...

Accidentally revived at the exact same time Rosier needed a distraction in Eubric, while she was finishing her plans of destroying the Fae? Accidentally taking over Heroica Hall - the one place with a direct tunnel towards the Temple portal? Accidentally putting out a watchlist on the Heroes, the one people that might seriously get in Rosier's way?

That's a lot of "accidents"."

He began to say more, then squinted at the Founders. He stiffened...and then tried to make a diplomatic smile - though, it came out more as intimidating, given his status as a Black Knight.

"You know, that's a good idea. EUFLEAR!" he shouted at the boat. "COME HERE A MINUTE - GOT SOME OLD - WELL, NEW - FRIENDS WHO WANT TO MEET YOU."

He nodded at the Founders. "Let's have a brief truce, shall we? Truce for one round. I think you'd be very interested to meet our friend - and it will barely take a minute!"

OoC: We NEED to drag things out for a single, no-combat round. I didn't realize the implications of everyone being Quickened*huh*

All of our enemies are Quickened, to a total of 30. 30 attacks we'd have to counter. We can't possibly do that - even if everyone was Hastened, we'd be 12 short. 12 Free Hits from enemies ranging from 30 to 100. Even if we somehow survived the entire round with no bad rolls, we would take tremendous damage just from Free Hits alone.

We need to truce this out for a single round, until everyone else can get down here.

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

“M’lady, what would you call it if foreigners arrived in a city, toppled the leadership, imposed martial law, and planned the execute their political rivals, all the while claiming they know what’s best for the city. If that’s not an Invasion I don’t know what is.”

"I'd call it a lucky draw of the deck... salvation. Ridding the city of its corruption and malevolence that it's overseers have allowed to fester."

6 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

OoC: By my count, there's anywhere from 50 to 59 firebombs. That's...

*checks Wiki*

Oh. Not as much damage as I was hoping...I was hoping they'd be more powerful, instead of only each doing 5 damage.

@Waterbrick Down Could each Fire bomb do x2 damage (10), since the Founders are made of Fairy dust, which, as the quest emphasized(to one of the other groups) is extra incendiary?

As it is, they'll do 250 to 295 damage to each Founder guaranteed*, without risk of injury/tripping a special.

If they could do x2 damage, that would be 500 to 590 per Founder - a pretty good start to the battle!

EDIT: Trying to troubleshoot for anything that might go wrong.

The Mountain has an effect where anything thrown at him has a 1/2 chance of being thrown back. Ezeran is Immune to Fire, but not the rest of us, so don't target him, let him get caught in the splash damage.

Also, all of those ??? specials have me concerned...We're going to be struggling with them throughout the battle, but having even only 250 damage reflected back at us could be very bad...

WBD: Can Ezeran use Wind to trigger the bombs as he throws them, in a single turn?

If he can, then Ezeran could throw one bomb as a test, then all 49-58 of them afterwards if nothing goes wrong. (Still risky, but a lot safer!)

QM Note: I'll let Ezeran have a chance to trigger the bombs with a wind spell, 1 ether per bomb. The Founders unfortunately are not weak to fire, even given their construction. The ??? are meant to experiment with, don't put all your eggs in one basket hoping that one of the specials won't interfere with a plan.

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

About having enough of this,  "thing" Germ finally had to say something to her...

Do you even care "we" had to kill a bunch of "Dragons" and (I am guessing) suffocate those "humans"? Or it was all for the glory of the greatest one (i.e. you)? Because you come off as a psychopath. Hiding deep in your fortress letting all of your soldiers just die off, as you sit safe in your hidey hole. Then when you do come out, what are you facing the questioningly experienced opponents. Not to mention at the right time your so call "pet" (or is it a slave) dragon just happened to show up, coincidence I think not. You kinda remind me of a little song "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!" Or in your case the really "old boss". 

"I will let Luxidous answer your impertinence rogue."

A voice echo'd through Germ's mind, permeating and smooth.
29671676047_ee7f31fffa_t.jpg
<Do you mock my companion little Tanar'ri? While she comes here to dispense justice, you bring nothing with you but malice and pettiness. Can you fathom what suffering you have wrought upon my kin? I will crush you like the vermin you are.>

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Proof! You want proof! Their is a lot of white vines covering the underground of the city. And don't say one of us put them their you think any of us is that smart. But you should all ready know that, if your so call friends told you anything. Or are they just your hoes, they get out of line and you pimp slap them. (Do what you say or else, I am sure they like that idea.) 

Massacre can lead to war, you should know that. Some of that is just your opinion. Who can say what state this city could be in if none of us showed up. But, I am dang sure you guys are not helping it one bit. I am thinking the others are not going to let you just rule without some sort of say. Personal I don't think any of us should rule this city.  If the city is going to burn, I say let it, I am sure not going to be able to stop it. 

The Golden Dragon begins to fume and looks ready to shout a charge as the Walking Mountain speaks up.
37882213505_38378f6f79_t.jpg
"We are not here to rule, but to guide and save if we are able and that will start with eliminating the cancer that is yourself. If there are other dangers to this city we will deal with them as well. If this city burns, then we will burn with it."

9 hours ago, Palathadric said:

The Golden Dragon stands unpersuaded by Pretzel's lack of diplomatic candor
"If you truly wish for the betterment of this city, then do not stand in the way of its saving... We were not at odds till you allied yourselves with the Wolfpack and the veterans who joined them. You chose the path of resistance as did your friends who stand ready to hang this day."

On 9/10/2018 at 11:33 PM, Flipz said:

Arthur throws a Smoke Bomb, fleeing with (hopefully) the rest of the party to the Harbor.  If Pretzel moves to a different location or chooses not to flee, however, Arthur remains with Pretzel.

Catching sight of Arthur's motions, Knife-Tongue instead directs his allies to move to the Magpie instead.

OoC: The Harbor party is going to get crushed as it is, unless we can negotiate a truce for a round. If I remember things correctly, the Smoke Bomb won't speed things up - it only allows the party to flee to the Harbor without worrying about having an equal number of heroes v. enemies. It will still take you a full round to the Harbor.

If we can't negotiate a brief truce, you're suggesting that we drop our numbers from 9 to 6.

9...to SIX.

18 Free Hits? That...would be even more disastrous than it would be with 12. At least with Knife-Tongue there, he, I, and the other higher-level heroes could maybe hope to spread out some of the hits, if we were extra lucky and were really careful about targeting.

If we have only SIX, we're going to get wiped.

REALLY LATE EDIT, INSERTED AFTER SECOND POST: Going over the battle again, we're in even worse shape than I thought - and I was counting Bellanotte(Who I thought was still down here, but apparently isn't) as having three turns when I should have counted for one. (Hasten+2 attacks.)

Having Knife-Tongue leave the battle would mean that from out of a total of 12 attacks(meaning 18 Free Hits!), we would lose 4. Meaning we'd get hit by 22 Free Hits.

22 Free Hits.

22 Free Hits, from 30 to 100.

Against six lowish-leveled players...that would not turn out well.

Admittedly, it says that we have a Guardian Angel, but it's said that for two rounds, without a SHIELD having been rolled in either. We don't have an angel, as per Wiki rules. (Even if it's something new, where an Angel sticks around unless Damage has been rolled, a Damage was rolled - and no damage was taken. It could be that the Hero was Immune to something, but even so...)

Edited by Lind Whisperer

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

QM Note: I'll let Ezeran have a chance to trigger the bombs with a wind spell, 1 ether per bomb. The Founders unfortunately are not weak to fire, even given their construction. The ??? are meant to experiment with, don't put all your eggs in one basket hoping that one of the specials won't interfere with a plan.

OoC: Hmm...thanks for the info. :thumbup:

It's fair, but I don't think we can do that this round. We need every attack we have, and that method wouldn't count against all of their Quickened attacks. Plus, Ezeran only has 14 ether currently, and even if someone gave him a Tonic/Grand Tonic, he's capped out at 29. Not enough damage to be worth it.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The Golden Dragon begins to fume and looks ready to shout a charge as the Walking Mountain speaks up.
37882213505_38378f6f79_t.jpg
"We are not here to rule, but to guide and save if we are able and that will start with eliminating the cancer that is yourself. If there are other dangers to this city we will deal with them as well. If this city burns, then we will burn with it."

The Golden Dragon stands unpersuaded by Pretzel's lack of diplomatic candor
"If you truly wish for the betterment of this city, then do not stand in the way of its saving... We were not at odds till you allied yourselves with the Wolfpack and the veterans who joined them. You chose the path of resistance as did your friends who stand ready to hang this day."

"You're not here to rule? What exactly is this, then, if not ruling? You came here, you smashed up our leadership, you're forcing your rules upon the city - no, this is ruling.

And it's going to stop."

The Black Knight shook his head. The Golden Dragon was apparently not capable of changing her mind on their sincerity to save the city.

He saw the Hobgoblin trying to sneak away. Lind jabbed him in the back with the Bifrost Blades.

"No one's leaving here, Marauder, unless I say so. You signed up for this, well, you're staying."

He looked toward the Alter Girl. Even if we send her against the Miracle Worker, one hit and we risk loosing her. I don't want to put her in harm's way, but she did choose to come on this mission...

He looked around. Wait a minute - where the heck is Bellanotte! He looked up at the Wall. Of course she's up there...

If we can't be Hastened, we're going to have to Smoke Bomb our way out of here...who has a Smoke Bomb...

His eyes fell on Petaldan. Whose Guardian Angel was fluttering around above him.

"...Oh."

OoC: ...I just realized Petaldan rolled a SHIELD :facepalm: ...but wait, he spent the last turn moving to the Harbor?

So, if moving between locations takes a full round, should he still have that?

If he does, it's great, and I'm not trying to make it harder for us here, but I don't think he should still have it. But if he does...then we're actually in good shape. :thumbup:

*checks the Wiki+the earlier rounds*

...No, I don't think he should have it. He had it two rounds ago, and he hasn't rolled a SHIELD since.

The Guardian Angel fluttered away into the sky unless I'm missing something.

Lind stepped closer to Heckz and Torald the only two with Smoke Bombs and waved them in.

"Unless you feel like making a really heroic stand while we briefly wait for support, we may need to throw down a Smoke Bomb. These Founders don't seem interested in a truce, and I'm not sure we can take them without a Minstrel...seems the Outer Walls party decided they would need two more than anyone down here might need one."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

10 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

The Black Knight patted the Battle Mage on the back, gently.

"Don't worry, kid. Crescenteers stick together. We're going to win this."

He tilted his head. He looked around him. He grinned.

"...And I think I just figured out how we're going to start..."

Torald nods. Alright. Maybe I can help with your plan? I've got some magic. Not as much as Ezeran ofcourse but I can still conjure up something useful?

OoC: I just wanted to check what gems and stuff I have, but in the last roundup, you accidentally copied Vindsval's items to be mine. 

Weapons - Broken Spear (WP: 3; Causes Bleeding and Poisoned by 2 every other round used), Sludge Glaive (WP:8, pierces defense and causes either fragile or weakened; halberd), Whispering Greatsword (WP: 10, 1/3 Chance to Seal), Keen Axe (WP 15, Ignores SP); Rotting Rod (WP 15, 1/3 chance to Hex Undead, Staff)
Artifacts - Pongcanis Shield (SP: 7; Shield),  Crocodile Belt (Max. Health +2; accessory), Fighting Boots (Power +5 on the front row; footwear.), Pugilist's Gloves, Heavy Armour (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear.), Mythril Mail (SP:10; suitable to knights and barbarians only; bodywear), 
Consumables - 4 Potions, 7 Mead, 3 Venom, Grand Tonics, Feather of White, Smoke Bomb, Bright Polish, Phoenix Essence, Tiny Shroom
Tools - Shovel, Pickaxe, Crescent Seal  (+2 Power, +1 Free item usage during the first round of battle), 
Gems - 2x Emerald (wood)Topaz (lightning), Aquamarine (water), Garnet (earth), Sapphire (wind), Ruby (Fire)

For ease for you, I copied them so for the next round up you don't need to search that much :)

Dyric watches from the tower as the argument progresses. These Veterans were convinced they were real, and none of his words would sway them. Besides, he had no interest in the three locked in the back-and-forth. 

His vision swayed to the fourth Veteran, trailing behind. Despite himself, he opened his mouth.

Miracle Workerhe called out, standing up in the tower. 

Would you have words with us?

More clarification on the ranged mechanics here: Dyric has a 1/3 chance of hitting anyone in the harbour, right? Does his range protect him from counter attacks? Do damage rolls also have a 1/3 chance of connecting? 

OOC: If a character is going to go down, I'd rather it not be an NPC who could end up permanently killed by the attack; Heroes at least are guaranteed to be revivable by Phoenix Essence and Necromancer so long as the battle continues, whereas NPCs aren't nearly as disposable.

I'm aware that the outer wall party can't save the Harbor group this Round, but this at least gets more of us down there without getting pinned down by all the enemies up here.

Arthur snorts at the false Golden Dragon's posturing.  "Yes, because murdering everyone who disagrees with you and then on top of that anyone who even thinks about them in a sympathetic light is totally for the betterment of the city, and definitely not the mark of a corrupt tyranny even worse than what we had in the first place."  The Skirmisher's sarcasm is unmistakable, but the tone quickly changes to diplomatic sincerity.  "Look.  I know for absolute certain you're not the real Golden Dragon, because I spoke to her spirit not long ago, and you're nothing like her.  She would never approve of your attempt to destroy all Heroes, because -- and this is her own words, mind you -- 'Heroica was neither my nor my companions greatest achievement. No, it was the lives of those who sat under its roof. Those who came to us with neither family or friends and left with both. Those who lacked skill and left with confidence and competence. Those who only cared for themselves and left full of selflessness and compassion for those around them. We took farmhands and showed them the good they could do in this world a nd the pride in that. We took princes and showed them the humility that gains the respect of all men. Heroica was never a building that could be closed, it was a commitment to a community that would not stand back and idly watch the world destroy itself. It was a commitment to sacrificing oneself for the betterment of one's neighbor. It placed no absolute faith in either itself or any oth er institution, it put its faith in people.'  And that is the Heroica -- no, that is the Eubric you're trying to destroy.  I won't deny that this city and her Heroes have their issues, but damn it we've been trying solve them, we've been trying from the day this organization was founded and continued long after the true Founders were dead and buried.  The nature of life is to try, to fail, and to get back up and try again until you get it right.  And you have no right to stand there and try to wipe it all away just because you think you have all the answers.  Take it from me; I used to think I had all the answers once, too, but all I really was was a colossal prick.  I learned from my mistakes, let them make me into a better person.  Even now, I don't have all the answers.  I don't know what the best possible Eubric looks like.  But one thing I do know?  It's not ****ing this.  So yeah, I am 'resisting' your efforts.  Because they're hurting Eubric, and they'll hurt the rest of the world.  I won't stand back and let the world destroy itself, and I will not stand back and let you destroy it either.  Because like the real Golden Dragon said, that's not what Heroes do.  If you're going to wear her countenance, then you owe it to her to uphold her ideals and recognize that what you're doing is wrong, that it goes against everything that Heroica stands for, and that it's time for you to stop."

4 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald nods. Alright. Maybe I can help with your plan? I've got some magic. Not as much as Ezeran ofcourse but I can still conjure up something useful?

Ezeran fiddles with his sapphire as he nods towards Lind and Torald in turn. "We could certainly try, there are a lot of bombs though and I'm unsure if we can handle the following assault accordingly without being pushed back? Lind, what do you think?"