Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

7 minutes ago, CMP said:

"We're heroes, mate. Underestimatin' fallout is what we do."

*snip*

"...Fair enough, can't argue with you there."

7 minutes ago, CMP said:

43359172922_7efa91f80d_b.jpg

Step 2: Cool Blue. We escape out the south side of the Hovels and sneak 'round Crescent Hill. The Chateau is empty anyhow, and any guards'll probably be called over to the Hovels wall anyhow. Our only objective is to get all of our combined forces to the Harbor as stealthily as possible, avoidin' as much conflict as possible. The Harbor is essential to...

Step 3: Green...Bean. We'll need a ship. This step is iffy. We'll need an independent ship, Bonaparte ships are bein' watched for. I've heard a lotta good suggestions on this, and frankly, we'll take whatever we can get. If Guts and the Wind Thief are there, great. If this Magpie is there, great. Either we luck out and find an ally or steal one. It's the Harbor, so at least one is gonna fit the bill. Gettin' a ship is pretty damn important, considerin'...

Lind raised his hand. "When we reach the Antiquary, I could lead myself, Germ, and Ezeran, up the north road past the building, and hit the south corner of Triad Park - assuming it's not over-run with too much demonic activity. If we run into trouble, we're all former Rogue-classes, and we can flee with impunity. We'll head back down along the road, and meet you at the blue circle, looking for ships all along the way.

Again - Arthur - do the Zeigfrieds still have the Flouncy Phoenix? Or would they be watching out for it..."

8 minutes ago, CMP said:

Step 4: Pink Brink. We'll need to navigate our way outta the Harbor, gettin' past Bascule Bridge and a whole lotta dragon reinforcements. This step will be hell. Our ranged heroes are gonna be our biggest asset here, as is our own air support. Lookin' at you, Hoke. Anythin' we can do to disrupt enemy ships or mess with the sky, we need to do it. Maybe Althior can conjure us up a big ol' wave or somethin'. In any case, our objective is to reach Fort Freedom. When we do, we move to....

"Heckz will come in surprisingly useful here - as a Weather Mage, I imagine he can do quite a bit in terms of assistance."

22 minutes ago, CMP said:

Step 5: Purple...uh. Purple versus Yellow." Atramor hastily draws the hostile forces in yellow. "Yeah, so this is this is gonna hurt the most. This is where we breach Fort Freedom. Once we secure a docking point, it's a matter of findin' where the executions are bein' held and puttin' a stop to 'em. This is gonna be one of the hardest fights any of us are ever gonna face. Five Founders and every remaining guard on the Fort is gonna be there to stop us. And they won't be able to. This is the step where we take back control of Eubric, and we show these asshoIes why Heroica's been 'round for two and a half centuries.

Which takes us to Step 6: Victory Celebration, but that comes later. After the Rosier thing."

"Sound good, mates?"

"It's the best plan anyone's come up with yet."

I'm afraid you're forgetting someone else's Step 7, though... 

Lind looked across the room to where the Wolf King stood.

OoC: Great work, CMP!

8 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Lind raised his hand. "When we reach the Antiquary, I could lead myself, Germ, and Ezeran, up the north road past the building, and hit the south corner of Triad Park - assuming it's not over-run with too much demonic activity. If we run into trouble, we're all former Rogue-classes, and we can flee with impunity. We'll head back down along the road, and meet you at the blue circle, looking for ships all along the way.

"Hell no. All it takes is a pair of shackles and ya'll are dead. I think we might've run into a Town Watch lieutenant that did, hard to remember, they all look the same...in any case, we need to stick together as a single group, period. Gotta combine all our power if we're gonna do this, and we can't do that if anyone dies."

"We all do this together, or we all die horribly," nodded Atramor encouragingly.

32 minutes ago, CMP said:

Atramor nodded at Karie and Ulric and unrolled a map on the biggest table. And then started scribbling all over it in many vibrant, pretty colors.

-OPERATION: BIG DAMN HEROES-

"Sound good, mates?"

"Operation: Big Damn Heroes." Karie repeats, pointing to the title. "I like it. Considering what options we have left, I feel like this might just work out. There's a few assumptions, but considering what we know they're not bad. Do we know for certain the dragons are lingering in the Harbour and Bascule Bridge, or if they'll strike us closer to the Fort? With the fort abandoned by the Bonapartes, we can hope the cannons are out of commission."

7 minutes ago, CMP said:

"Hell no. All it takes is a pair of shackles and ya'll are dead. I think we might've run into a Town Watch lieutenant that did, hard to remember, they all look the same...in any case, we need to stick together as a single group, period. Gotta combine all our power if we're gonna do this, and we can't do that if anyone dies."

"We all do this together, or we all die horribly," nodded Atramor encouragingly.

"Fair enough, I had forgotten about shackles."

Just now, Kintobor said:

"Operation: Big Damn Heroes." Karie repeats, pointing to the title. "I like it. Considering what options we have left, I feel like this might just work out. There's a few assumptions, but considering what we know they're not bad. Do we know for certain the dragons are lingering in the Harbour and Bascule Bridge, or if they'll strike us closer to the Fort? With the fort abandoned by the Bonapartes, we can hope the cannons are out of commission."

"I thought the dragons were mostly just patrolling the skies?"

21 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"We killed a lot of 'em near the Dragon House earlier, but we spotted even more not long ago in the sky over the Hall. We don't know that they're hangin' 'round the bridge, no, but I assume they'll figure out who we are the closer we get to the Fort and call on every force available. If we're on a ship, that's gonna be cannons, other boats, ranged fighters, and whatever they can hit us with from the sky."

Edited by CMP

Rone nods at Atramor's words, taking in the crowd around him.

This is good, this is very good. We can do this.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:40 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

heroicaquest124-waldorf.jpg
"I wish I had simply kept sleeping at least then we would still be together..."

His vision fell on the young mage still sitting tearfully in the back. A nervous energy still lingered on a few of those gathered. Atramor's speech drew to a close, and Rone decided he ought to follow suit. If there was ever a time for thrilling theatrics, it was now.

WallyDyric said, making sure he was heard by all.

Years ago, I had a run in with one of the old gods. He called me the 'Royal Retainer of the Banished,' someone who needed to remember and regret the passing of those closest to me. In the moment I didn't really know what I he meant. I had spent more time seeking vengeance than feeling regret. But I've come to realize a kind of truth - we all have regrets, and it's only in dealing and acknowledging those regrets that we can pass to the other side. See, without truly knowing regret, how could we ever know hope? And without hope, could we ever really regret? They work in tandem, balanced by the passion that drives all these things forward. It's the cycle of life. 

On and on and on it goeshe says to himself, for reasons he can't fully explain.

Eyes back on the crowd, Dyric Rone straightens. This mission isn't going to be easy. It's going to take grit, and sacrifice. But that's life. We've all felt our pains, our regrets. Quests failed, wars lost, people passed. The pain doesn't get easier, but you do learn how to live with it. To see the hope again. See, that's why we're all here. It doesn't matter who you are, where you came from, what you've done. If you're here, it means you stared in the face of the flames and survived. As far as I'm concerned, each and every one of you is a Hero

These Founders thought they could bring us down, but they should know more than anyone that Heroica NEVER dies. Heroes will always rise up. They think we've lost our way, but look at us here. They think they're the legitimate article, but they're just hollow shells pretending to be real heroes. They think we'll back down. Me? I think it's time to give them something they'll regret. 

3 hours ago, CMP said:

"Sound good, mates?"

Heckz beamed and, while raising his fist to the air, attempted to exclaim heroically.

"For Heroica! For Eubric!"

Says he, determined to decamp the moment one of his nails broke.

"I have only one small gripe involving your plan, unfortunately: Must I implicitly sneak around like a street rat alongside you lot? As I have stated earlier, I'm not a criminal in the eyes of this so-called council. So, I propose you all follow the normal plan. Meanwhile, I am going to be walking normally to the marketplace. Not to worry, it won't delay the operation by any means. All I need is a new hairbrush."

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

If you're here, it means you stared in the face of the flames and survived. As far as I'm concerned, each and every one of you is a Hero.

A genuine chuckle escaped the weather mage's lips after both statements.

42 minutes ago, Cutcobra said:

Heckz beamed and, while raising his fist to the air, attempted to exclaim heroically.

"For Heroica! For Eubric!"

Says he, determined to decamp the moment one of his nails broke.

"I have only one small gripe involving your plan, unfortunately: Must I implicitly sneak around like a street rat alongside you lot? As I have stated earlier, I'm not a criminal in the eyes of this so-called council. So, I propose you all follow the normal plan. Meanwhile, I am going to be walking normally to the marketplace. Not to worry, it won't delay the operation by any means. All I need is a new hairbrush."

A genuine chuckle escaped the weather mage's lips after both statements.

"Pretty sure the marketplace is empty and void of life if the vendors are all about to be hung." Karie comments.

Just now, Kintobor said:

"Pretty sure the marketplace is empty and void of life if the vendors are all about to be hung." Karie comments.

Heckz smiles.

"Exactly. If I'm fast, I'll have time to loot more than just a hairbrush."

6 hours ago, CMP said:

Step 4: Pink Brink. We'll need to navigate our way outta the Harbor, gettin' past Bascule Bridge and a whole lotta dragon reinforcements. This step will be hell. Our ranged heroes are gonna be our biggest asset here, as is our own air support. Lookin' at you, Hoke. Anythin' we can do to disrupt enemy ships or mess with the sky, we need to do it. Maybe Althior can conjure us up a big ol' wave or somethin'. In any case, our objective is to reach Fort Freedom. When we do, we move to....

"Torc and I can handle it," he says almost nonchalantly, looking outside towards his dragon.

6 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Lind raised his hand. "When we reach the Antiquary, I could lead myself, Germ, and Ezeran, up the north road past the building, and hit the south corner of Triad Park - assuming it's not over-run with too much demonic activity. If we run into trouble, we're all former Rogue-classes, and we can flee with impunity. We'll head back down along the road, and meet you at the blue circle, looking for ships all along the way

One thing, I believe Ezeran more trained with the arcane arts than being sneaky. 

2 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

Heckz smiles.

"Exactly. If I'm fast, I'll have time to loot more than just a hairbrush."

If that is you goal I should go with you. You know, to help fine the right brush. Germ look back and fourth with shifty eyes. 

On 7/13/2018 at 11:18 AM, Kintobor said:

Karie grins. A plan was coming together, and tearing down the Hovel wall was something she'd shed no tears over. "What's your say, Ulric? A distraction would help us when we storm the fort to ensure that we don't have reinforcements coming to try and stop what we're doing. Is it possible to blow it up for when we hit the fort, or did you have other plans in mind?"

38613641175_2cbff027fb_t.jpg
"It's ready whenever you need it. Between the folks of the hovels, the lion knights, and my men I think we can keep any folks busy from trying to get in here. It won't take 'em long though before they figure out Heroica ain't here anymore."

22 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

In the absence of a reply from Benji, Throlar sighed, looked in the general direction of up, and began to speak.

"Ophaniel," he said, "if you can offer us any guidance, then please speak to us."

Throlar hears a whisper in his ear. "The paths before you are hidden to the eyes of heaven, I can say that both will incur pain, both will bring peace, both will end in tears."

16 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

If you guys want to know where Roiser is, let me try something. Ok, magic eight compass where is Roiser? 

Use the Magic Compass in an attempt to find Roiser. 

The compass points west... then south...then north... and continues to circle.

8 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

OoC: @Palathadric posted after @Flare 's last log-on yesterday morning - and WBD hasn't posted anything here in the interim. I know we're trying to wrap up the quest, but could we please give people a little while to respond?

@Waterbrick Down Can we get an official QM ruling as to whether or not divination would work?

QM Note: There is honestly not a decision here where you "win" or "lose", there is only right for each of your characters. My intention has been through the three quests lines to show you what will happen if you decide to pursue both goals.

7 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

I'm afraid you're forgetting someone else's Step 7, though... 

Lind looked across the room to where the Wolf King stood.

"The Phoenix from what I hear is still in the harbor, but most of the crew is keepin' a low profile due to their assassination with the Ziegfrieds. As for your all plan, it's a good one and I'll support it. I know how some of you think of me, believe me the feeling's mutual. I came to this city just as many of you did, wishing to make a difference. I saw how the down-trodden were crushed in the gutter, oppressed by the very houses who had built their empire upon their backs. People can only take such abuse for so long before they either die or are forced to make a life for themselves they would otherwise be ashamed to pursue. I wished to show those people another way, a way where camaraderie could be aimed and weaponized for change. I won't deny the crimes some of my followers committed, hard to teach old dogs new tricks after all, but I can guarantee for every damage done, another ten strikes against the common man of this city had been wrought by the elites in power. And now... years since I first arrived the people are at last ready for change even in the face of such raw authoritarianism these founders of yours are heaping on them."

Ulric pauses, looking at Atramor
"You brought up the apocalypse, my ma had visions of the end of the world... she saw the salvation of the Kingdom of the Moon, wrought by a wolf's head. I ain't doin' this for you lot. I'm doin' it cause I'd prefer to be living tomorrow. Whatever comes next after this is all taken care of, I think you've all shown you've earned your place as heroes." 

The werewolf produces another map and begins to roll it out alongside Atramor's chart.
"Now if you're breaking into Fort Freedom, I think this might come in handy.."

28544364057_64090d7cd3_c.jpg

"Green buildings are the barracks, blue is supplies, the red one is within the inner wall and houses, the prison, officers quarters, mess hall, armory, and more store rooms. Gallows are going to be in the inner keep."

7 hours ago, Kintobor said:

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"While the Bonapartes didn't exactly abandon the fort, they were kicked out by the sailors. Those cannons are still going to be workin' just fine. I'm all for Atramor's plan, it's nearly going to get us all killed, but since when has that stopped us?" The ogre grins.

21 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Everything we know points to Rosier being concerned with eating Faeries, not mortals. Rosier's concern isn't Eubric, ours is. The Founders are gathering power at the Fort, that's where Rosier's new form is likely to hide, and that's where we need to strike. And I will not hesitate while people put in the line of fire are being executed. You see to your divination, Whisperer, but I am striking the Fort. Without you, if I have to.

Throlar listened to Dyric's words with an expression of confusion that rapidly morphed into anger.

"I'm sorry?" he said, "Did you just say that you don't care if Rosier is eating fairies so long as they're ignoring Eubric? Do you have any idea what you sound like right now? 'Everything we know points to Rosier being concerned with eating fairies, which is perfectly fine! After all, they're just fairies, it's not like they're real people who can suffer and die, they probably really like being eaten!' Because that's what you sound like to me right now. Oh, I know that there are innocent people in Fort Bonaparte who will die if we don't save them, but it's the same with the fairies. If we don't deal with Rosier then they'll find this door, enter it, and exterminate the last remaining fairies, wipe them out, render them extinct. Because Rosier is not going to be at the fort, they're going to be miles away, underground, and on another plane of existence! I can understand wanting to save Eubric, it's been your home ever since you joined Heroica after all, nothing else it could be, but if you're willing to casually dismiss the lives of an entire people, if you're unwilling or incapable of admitting that there is a definite moral quandary here, then I don't want to be anywhere near you because you're an objectively awful person."

20 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie rested a consoling hand on Throlar's shoulder, appreciative of what he was trying to do but felt like she knew what the outcome was going to be. She kneeled, getting down so she could look Throlar in the eye without looking down on him, literally. "Listen, Throlar. Don't take this the wrong way, but in this instance I doubt we're going to get a message from the gods." Karie sighed. Years of being the leader of Heroica parties had left a mark on her, from taking on Immortalis, to navigating the docks of Brendenton. She felt like now was the moment her leadership skills were needed the most. "Right now we need the support of all of us. We need to save these people, and we need to restore some semblance of freedom to this city. Men and women are going to be hanged simply for associating with us. Throlar, I can think of no greater cause than to protect the innocent and the weak from tyranny and injustice. There are some brave men and women who stood up for us so we could stand here today. Let's go save their megablocks." Karie extended her hand, looking for Throlar to high-five her.

Throlar slapped Karie's hand away.

"I know that people are going to be hanged, just as I know that people are going to be rendered down into aphrodisiac to be snorted by some sex demon! Stop trying to cheer me up or treat this like it's going to be some glorious shining moment where we save the day and stop all the bad guys and everybody's okay afterwards. This is us going to be who gets to live and who doesn't and both choices are going to be the wrong one because either way INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE!"

9 hours ago, CMP said:

"Well if there's ever a time for an act of heroism, it's right freakin' now, mates. We gotta hit Fort Freedom with everythin' we've got to reclaim the city. We need the support of everyone and anyone if we're gonna storm the Faerie and take down the source of this evil, so our first step HAS to be bein' the big goddamn heroes everyone likes complainin' 'bout and savin' everyone in Eubric."

"You don't get it do you? We don't get to be heroes today. If we were heroes we'd be able to save everyone, without any of this 'choosing' garbage."

7 hours ago, The Legonater said:

These Founders thought they could bring us down, but they should know more than anyone that Heroica NEVER dies. Heroes will always rise up. They think we've lost our way, but look at us here. They think they're the legitimate article, but they're just hollow shells pretending to be real heroes. They think we'll back down. Me? I think it's time to give them something they'll regret. 

"Yes it does. it's dying right now. What the hell did you think all of this was?"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Throlar hears a whisper in his ear. "The paths before you are hidden to the eyes of heaven, I can say that both will incur pain, both will bring peace, both will end in tears."

Throlar was silent for a moment, before letting out an inarticulate scream accompanied with a kick at the nearest inanimate object.

"Well what good is it them?" he shouted, seemingly into empty air, "you put your trust in gods and heaven and... stuff, and what happens? Nothing! The gods can't help, they don't know what's going on, they can't be bothered to get out of their fancy chairs, or they're just too scared to actually come and help the people who put their trust in them!"

He stood there fuming for a moment before he began to speak again, pacing back and forth as he did so.

"Agghh! This is impossible, if we go to stop Rosier, Then the prisoners at Fort Whatever-the-hell-they're-calling-it-Now will hang! Conversely, if we save them, then Rosier gets into this Nexus-of-all-Realities and consumes the last of the fairies!"

He suddenly whirled around to face everyone else, though his unfocused gaze indicated that he was still addressing the universe at large as much as his companions.

"I can't do this," he said, his eyes starting to go moist, "no matter what choice is made something horrible is going to happen! You're giving me a choice that I literally cannot make! Do you understand that? Do you?"

As he finished speaking Throlar fell to his knees and, with his hands limp by his side, began to sob uncontrollably.

9 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

Throlar was silent for a moment, before letting out an inarticulate scream accompanied with a kick at the nearest inanimate object.

"Well what good is it them?" he shouted, seemingly into empty air, "you put your trust in gods and heaven and... stuff, and what happens? Nothing! The gods can't help, they don't know what's going on, they can't be bothered to get out of their fancy chairs, or they're just too scared to actually come and help the people who put their trust in them!"

He stood there fuming for a moment before he began to speak again, pacing back and forth as he did so.

"Agghh! This is impossible, if we go to stop Rosier, Then the prisoners at Fort Whatever-the-hell-they're-calling-it-Now will hang! Conversely, if we save them, then Rosier gets into this Nexus-of-all-Realities and consumes the last of the fairies!"

He suddenly whirled around to face everyone else, though his unfocused gaze indicated that he was still addressing the universe at large as much as his companions.

"I can't do this," he said, his eyes starting to go moist, "no matter what choice is made something horrible is going to happen! You're giving me a choice that I literally cannot make! Do you understand that? Do you?"

As he finished speaking Throlar fell to his knees and, with his hands limp by his side, began to sob uncontrollably.

Karie felt somewhat angered by Throlar swatting her hand away, but as she watched Throlar break down, she felt a deep sense of empathy for him. She saw herself in Throlar, in more ways than one. She saw him in blue, Syndicate garb, and she saw him stained by the ink of Oculoids. She stayed on her knees. She knew Throlar needed to hear something, but she wasn't entirely sure what. Karie took in a deep breath, speaking calmly to her friend, determined to make a difference.

"Throlar, you're right. This is an impossible choice. This is a choice that we will be judged for for the rest of our lives. We cannot do both... but to not save either is worse than to choose one over the other. It is to be complacent in the status quo, to not rise up to a call, to not fight on behalf of those who cannot stand up for themselves. It is to give up the fight. I won't let you give up, Throlar. The gods are not abandoning us: they are putting their trust in us to make a choice." Karie looks at Throlar, her friend, looking to inspire him, but unsure if her words could do so. Ultimately the decision was his to make.

"Heroica is gone, Throlar, because whatever comes next won't be the Heroica we joined. It'll be something better. No matter what happens today, Throlar, what we do will be remembered, because courage is something that is hard to forget."

41 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

A hand falls on Throlar's shoulder.
38801308854_e9e23485af_t.jpg
"It's a choice you shouldn't have to make..."

The Copper Fox looks to the Feathered Serpent and the Sandqueen who nod in response.

"It's ours. Kukulkan, Semiramis, and I will go after Rosier. I doubt we'll stop her, but we can at least slow her down. The rest of you, go show this city what Heroes truly look like."

38801308774_c6cbe93c09_t.jpg
"They've been doing it for years, Jacq, they just need to remind them."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg
"And that they will, Fabula Sibylla has revealed to me that while our path is covered in fog, there is yet light at the end of it. Heroes, shine that light, unmask the falseness that has brought a shadow upon this city."

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

Throlar listened to Dyric's words with an expression of confusion that rapidly morphed into anger.

"I'm sorry?" he said, "Did you just say that you don't care if Rosier is eating fairies so long as they're ignoring Eubric? Do you have any idea what you sound like right now? 'Everything we know points to Rosier being concerned with eating fairies, which is perfectly fine! After all, they're just fairies, it's not like they're real people who can suffer and die, they probably really like being eaten!' Because that's what you sound like to me right now. Oh, I know that there are innocent people in Fort Bonaparte who will die if we don't save them, but it's the same with the fairies. If we don't deal with Rosier then they'll find this door, enter it, and exterminate the last remaining fairies, wipe them out, render them extinct. Because Rosier is not going to be at the fort, they're going to be miles away, underground, and on another plane of existence! I can understand wanting to save Eubric, it's been your home ever since you joined Heroica after all, nothing else it could be, but if you're willing to casually dismiss the lives of an entire people, if you're unwilling or incapable of admitting that there is a definite moral quandary here, then I don't want to be anywhere near you because you're an objectively awful person."

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Yes it does. it's dying right now. What the hell did you think all of this was?"

Rone turned in surprise to the outburst. He didn't know the dwarf particularly well, yet the recognized the look in his eyes. Throlar's words sting, but he can't ignore them. 

I don't pretend to have any compunctions that what I'm advocating is good. But I have my priorities, same as anyone, and I stick to them. Like you said, Eubric is my... my home. Perhaps more than you know. Because of that, it will always be my priority. Eubric is at risk, people I put in the line of fire are at risk, and for me, that takes priority. That isn't 'good,' but I do believe it to be right. 

Yes, it's not a choice that should be made lightly. And perhaps I'm wrong to let my bias show so freely. But that's the messy part of heroism, making those impossible choices. If you try to save every person in harm's risk, your ideals will drag you to your death, because we can't save everyone.

The assassin pauses, a list of names weighing heavily on him. He straightens, looking the dwarf in the eye once more, a soft smile growing.

But we do what we can in the moment. I'm going to save anyone I can in that Fort, and my hope is that we will run into and stop Rosier in the process. I don't know if we will, but that is the choice I need to make; if I don't, I'm betraying myself. If you disagree with me, fine. That's your conviction, and you need to live by that. That's all any of us can ask for. 

33 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"It's a choice you shouldn't have to make... It's ours. Kukulkan, Semiramis, and I will go after Rosier."

Rone's surprise continued as Altraite spoke up.

Maybe I misjudged you lot after all. Do the Hall proud, Veterans

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Rone's surprise continued as Altraite spoke up.

Maybe I misjudged you lot after all. Do the Hall proud, Veterans

"It's what Cain would have wanted. Tell Asa when you save her, she was right, we never should have given up hope in you lot."

I'll hear where I'm needed. I have some magic capabilities. Not sure where I can be of most use. 

Looking at the compass. Useless junk, where is she underground? 

As Germ continued to hear the bickering in the group. Frankly, charging a fortress is kinda dumb. Just to save a few lives that are going to die anyways (at some point). To me it is sounding like some of you are to scared to fight Roiser. Or to stupid to see that if she does figure out how to get into this "Nexus", that a lot worlds are going to have all sort of new problems that they never had before. And I am not just talking about her (Roiser). If she just weaken the barriers all sort of things can go willy-nilly between worlds. Or a hole in the fabric of reality could open up and swallow you up and then spit you out some place super foreign and their could be no way to get back...But whatever lets go save some stupid "precious" "precious" humans. Not like they will ever change for the better. Or if I have some other goals here, not like it is super hidden or something. 

21 hours ago, CMP said:

I am not our leader and I am no strategist, I take the Path I see before me, but on this I believe we should all agree.  From what has been told many were nearly lost when we split ourselves.  We stay together, we strike as a single fist, and we destroy all that would stand before us.  

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

I am not our leader and I am no strategist, I take the Path I see before me, but on this I believe we should all agree.  From what has been told many were nearly lost when we split ourselves.  We stay together, we strike as a single fist, and we destroy all that would stand before us.  

Torald, trying to keep out of it, to let the more experienced members of Heroica do the strategic bits, let's out an agreeing sound. Aye, stick together. Sounds a lot safer. 

Boomingham's mouth is drawn tight as Atramor lays out the plan, and it's difficult to tell if it's jealousy of his younger friend's strategical bonafides or the great compromise the heroes are uniformly choosing to accept.

"I don't like the plan," Boomingham says pointedly to Atramor. "I don't like leaving the people of the Hovels alone to hold off the Paladins and the Watch. We're supposed to protect them, not the other way around. And I hate giving Wolf-boy all the credit." Boomingham glances over his shoulder at Ulric. "Met your mom by the way. Even uglier than you are." Boomingham returns his attention to Atramor. "I also don't like the idea of sailing directly at a fort loaded with canons waiting for us, using a ship we may or may not find." He chews on the inside of his cheek. "That all being said, you're right. We have to strike as one, and me more than anyone has a duty to the people in that Fort. So, as you might imagine, I'm with you."

17 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"You don't get it do you? We don't get to be heroes today. If we were heroes we'd be able to save everyone, without any of this 'choosing' garbage."

"You're confusin' the words 'heroes' and 'gods', mate. We're not gonna be able to save everyone. But bein' heroes means we're gonna try our damnedest nonetheless."

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"It's a choice you shouldn't have to make..."

The Copper Fox looks to the Feathered Serpent and the Sandqueen who nod in response.

"It's ours. Kukulkan, Semiramis, and I will go after Rosier. I doubt we'll stop her, but we can at least slow her down. The rest of you, go show this city what Heroes truly look like."

38801308774_c6cbe93c09_t.jpg
"They've been doing it for years, Jacq, they just need to remind them."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg
"And that they will, Fabula Sibylla has revealed to me that while our path is covered in fog, there is yet light at the end of it. Heroes, shine that light, unmask the falseness that has brought a shadow upon this city."

Atramor nods at the Veterans. The leaders of Heroica, themselves diving into the worst of the fray.

"Any time ya' can buy us is gonna save lives. We'll do everythin' we possibly can to take Eubric back. And when Heroica is restored...when we do what needs to be done, and pick up the pieces...we'll do everythin' we can to keep Baltarok and Azzurat safe. Ya' have my word on that. Good luck; if any of us dies today, we die as heroes."

26 minutes ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham's mouth is drawn tight as Atramor lays out the plan, and it's difficult to tell if it's jealousy of his younger friend's strategical bonafides or the great compromise the heroes are uniformly choosing to accept.

"I don't like the plan," Boomingham says pointedly to Atramor. "I don't like leaving the people of the Hovels alone to hold off the Paladins and the Watch. We're supposed to protect them, not the other way around. And I hate giving Wolf-boy all the credit." Boomingham glances over his shoulder at Ulric. "Met your mom by the way. Even uglier than you are." Boomingham returns his attention to Atramor. "I also don't like the idea of sailing directly at a fort loaded with canons waiting for us, using a ship we may or may not find." He chews on the inside of his cheek. "That all being said, you're right. We have to strike as one, and me more than anyone has a duty to the people in that Fort. So, as you might imagine, I'm with you."

"Trust me Boomin'ham, they'll turn tail as soon as they spot us on that ship. The Founders aren't here to slaughter a buncha civilians - popular opinion is Rosier's greatest weapon. Those in the Hovels followin' Ulric know what's comin'. If they're ready to do what's necessary, we got no room to turn 'em away." Atramor took a breath as he stared his long-time mentor directly in the eye. It was clear he wasn't sure he expected Boomingham to be here, but he knew better than to believe the paladin had retired or died in the meantime. Too stubborn. He couldn't help but grin a bit, perhaps morbidly. "Don't get soft on me, old man. We're gonna need every man and woman willin' to support us if we're gonna take Eubric back. I know we're between a rock and a hard place here..."

1 hour ago, Alfadas said:

Torald, trying to keep out of it, to let the more experienced members of Heroica do the strategic bits, let's out an agreeing sound. Aye, stick together. Sounds a lot safer. 

5 hours ago, Asphalt said:

13 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

But whatever lets go save some stupid "precious" "precious" humans. Not like they will ever change for the better. Or if I have some other goals here, not like it is super hidden or something. 

16 hours ago, The Legonater said:

But we do what we can in the moment. I'm going to save anyone I can in that Fort, and my hope is that we will run into and stop Rosier in the process. I don't know if we will, but that is the choice I need to make; if I don't, I'm betraying myself. If you disagree with me, fine. That's your conviction, and you need to live by that. That's all any of us can ask for. 

"....so there ain't much left to do but get ready to pulverize some rocks, is there?" Atramor nodded at the heroes ready to fight. "Anyone got any more reservations, now's the time."

27 minutes ago, CMP said:

"....so there ain't much left to do but get ready to pulverize some rocks, is there?" Atramor nodded at the heroes ready to fight. "Anyone got any more reservations, now's the time."

Boomingham smiles loosely at Heckz. "Course, I'm not planning on dying today, so if anyone does have any reservations and walks out that door, know I'll be coming and having a stern word with them when this is all done."

"No reservations, Atramor. Call it when you see fit."