Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

19 hours ago, The Legonater said:

If it's about demons, we should look at it, right? It could tell us something about this Rosier's motives. 

That's... actually not a terrible plan. Lind, you're a tagalong too, right? You'd make good bait. 

"Dyric, my friend...this is not a book 'you look at'. I love learning new knowledge...and even I know this is not a book anyone should look at. Anyone.

Well, I'd like to think of myself as 'more than a tagalong' - but, yes, I could probably be talked into this plan. I actually already did something similar to it during my trip to Moone."

It's interesting that you singled me out...especially after earlier, when you had that strange, private conversation with Monk Pretzel...right after you joined our group.

He nodded at Heckz. "We'd definitely need to have a brief talk surrounding the topic of 'loot' while we set out, though..."

18 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Instead, we found behind a rug a portal that took us to somewhere Germ believes he had been to before, Dastan. Apparently, he encountered Rosier there before.

18 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Jeez would you cut me too? If I grabbed the book. 

"Honestly, I'd trust Germ with the book, before I would Heckz...

If you've encountered Rosier before, any chance you could describe what she looks like?"

10 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

""You think the archdemon of seduction simply wants to turn some dirty city into a necropolis? That does not quite add up. If anything, she may be turning everyone into some sort of macabre sex-slave. An even better theory would be that this "Rosier" is after my head. Surely she just wants to eliminate the other seductive competition."

Says Heckz, actually believing his feedback to be constructive.

"I'm not sure her plans are quite so...licentious, especially since she's a demon...but he does have a point."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

38613641175_2cbff027fb_t.jpg
"Fort Freedom is on the lookout for any of the Bonaparte fleet, if we had access to another boat, ya might be able to slip past them and at least avoid being blown out of the sky by a cannon."

2 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias pipes up, glad to finally have some direction in the mess. "So it sounds like we have two options, or maybe we do both: some of us go under Eubric, to see if we can't take out the demonic power source, and the rest of us find a boat - doesn't Master Guts have one? Has anyone seen him lately?"

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

I reckon Guts has long since set sail.  However, does any one know if the Magpie is still in town?

"So, we need to get a boat. And our options so far, seem to be Guts - and this MagpieTritech is out, if they're watching the sky?"

He turned to the Skirmisher he'd avoided talking with so far.

"Arthur - do the Zeigfrieds still have the Flouncy Phoenix? Or is it out of commission in some way?

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Karie frowned. "Ulric told us about an old temple to Zoot beneath the city. My group considered scouting it out, as that's where the sending stone from Byblos was found near. Is that the same temple as what you two are talking about?"

"What if the goal was pushing us out of the building." Karie questions. "What if what the Rosier wants is in the Hall? Like the Nörnalis? What if she needed us out of the Hall in order to get at it?"

The Black Knight leaped to his feet.

"I think Karie has it - or part of it. The Hall...this all goes back to the Hall. And if there's a tunnel to the temple there...that's the route some of us need to take.

Speaking of Byblos...has anyone heard of him, recently? He might be able to elucidate a bit more on what's been happening..."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"If, as could well be the case, Rosier's main goal is to get the Fairies, then they are in worse jeopardy than anyone we know, as we discovered in the tower that she now knows where they are.
"Euflear...do you believe that to be the case? Where are the fairies hiding anyway? Forgive me if you told us and I missed it."

Edited by Palathadric

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

42748028751_4a3f08bf58_t.jpg
"That's partially true... she now knows where they are." Euflear struggles for a bit unsure of whether they should go on.

"Euflear," said Throlar speaking as gently as possible, "I know this is difficult for you to talk about, but we need you to tell us as much as you can if you want us to help you. Any information you have could be vital to saving your people and defeating Rosier."

Just so you know, Throlar was speaking diplomatically.

6 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"The Founders showed up months back. As I said earlier, they're the ones ultimately behind the houses being dissolved. They're behind every scandal that sent them packing. We know that they are fake, and we know they're made of fairy dust. Clearly once what the Rosier has planned for this city comes to fruition, there won't be a need for them any longer.

The way I look at the Founders is this: they're not actually the true threat here: they're a distraction and the initial calvary charge to whatever the Rosier has planned for the city. They are a diversion to keep attention away from what she's doing."

Karie frowned. "Ulric told us about an old temple to Zoot beneath the city. My group considered scouting it out, as that's where the sending stone from Byblos was found near. Is that the same temple as what you two are talking about?"

5 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Say what you want, but right now the Founders are tearing Eubric by its seams and Rosier has been content to leave if well enough alone. Lawrence claims she doesn't care about them, the evidence says she was involved in creating them, and you think they're an intentional part of her plan. We can't all be right at once. 

If Rosier has a plan for the city, it starts at the Temple of Zoot. Yes, it's the same one. Years ago Wren made her power play there, we had to go under- 

Oh. Oh.

There's a path to the Temple directly under Heroica. Rosier doesn't care about the Founders bears they've already done their job - pushing us out

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"What if the goal was pushing us out of the building." Karie questions. "What if what the Rosier wants is in the Hall? Like the Nörnalis? What if she needed us out of the Hall in order to get at it?"

Throlar blinked.

"Well." he said, "That seems bad. However, while it's clear that Rosier's actions are more urgent than we thought, we cannot allow these false founders to execute innocent people. And don't think they'll just crumble into dust once Rosier is dealt with. If, as I suspect, they arose spontaneously from Euflear's dreams then they're likely to be able to continue existing without Rosier. As far as I can tell, unless we're less pressed for time then I think, we may have to split up once more to deal with both threats."

9 hours ago, The Legonater said:

A city of the dead. 

Unleashing more demons only sounds like it'd make our problem worse. Besides, of that book is growing plants, then I'm not unconvinced that it might be the cause of all this.

A city of the dead? Why would anyone want that? Living people are a pain in the @$$, making them undead just going to make them worse. 

I rather deal with a bunch of "weak" demons than one insanely strong demon. I don't think the book was growing plants. It seems more like side product of Roiser's rebirth. 

7 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"For those who were in Dastan, do you run across any Dragons?  One name Vipera?"

One or two, but that was when I first started in Heroica and a long time ago. Vipera, I believe she was their at the time, along with Kiray. She might have your answer. 

5 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"Honestly, I'd trust Germ with the book, before I would Heckz...

If you've encountered Rosier before, any chance you could describe what she looks like?"

Even after my demons comments. Oh, where was I, oh yes Roiser, at the time all she was just a bunch of vines. So my guess she is some sort of plant demon and probably mess with your mind, like brainwashing you to fight for her. Not to mention she comes off as some sort of sexual pervert. 

7 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias pipes up, glad to finally have some direction in the mess. "So it sounds like we have two options, or maybe we do both: some of us go under Eubric, to see if we can't take out the demonic power source, and the rest of us find a boat - doesn't Master Guts have one? Has anyone seen him lately?"

Then the faerie veteran's uncertain words rebound into the druid's consciousness. "What do you mean, precisely, that Rosier knows where 'they' are? Has Rosier found the Faerie again? Do you mean the archdemon has somehow found ...you? ...Veteran Euflear?" The gnome struggles to figure out the right form of address for the Fey One.

Euflear pauses for a moment as if selecting her words very carefully.
"The Faerie has always been the realm of my people, however within every fairy is a desire for something new for something different, it is why we change our faces so often. For some that desire plays itself out in a wanderlust. Over the years we have found many other worlds, besides that of Olegaia, some wonderful, some terrifying, some where you can encounter the gods face to face. A century ago we discovered a city... somewhere between the worlds, from there you could travel to any other world. The city itself is unlike anything you would recognize, the people and creatures there unlike anything you have ever seen. It was decided that should harm ever befall the Faerie, my race would gather in that city. Rosier now knows where they have gone, thankfully unlike my people she cannot freely travel of her own accord from world to world, however there is a doorway to that city deep under Eubric, built in the time even before Nu Mercution. She will be seeking after that."

9 hours ago, Zepher said:

"That's rather my concern, honestly. They seem to not genuinely not know they aren't the original Founders, which puts us in a bit of a bind... they're based solely on your memories of them..." Boomingham sucks on his cheek. "Which perhaps means you also subconsciously don't believe Heroica is as strong as it once was. I can assure you, we're about to prove you wrong."

"I... for many years I abandoned Olegaia when all of my companions had passed on. If these shadows are wrought from my dreams and memories, then they are just as much my fault for abandoning you all for the many years. And now they seek to change a world that they do not understand. The Eubric of today is not the one of hundreds of years ago, but they know no better."

22 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"The Faerie has always been the realm of my people, however within every fairy is a desire for something new for something different, it is why we change our faces so often. For some that desire plays itself out in a wanderlust. Over the years we have found many other worlds, besides that of Olegaia, some wonderful, some terrifying, some where you can encounter the gods face to face. A century ago we discovered a city... somewhere between the worlds, from there you could travel to any other world. The city itself is unlike anything you would recognize, the people and creatures there unlike anything you have ever seen. It was decided that should harm ever befall the Faerie, my race would gather in that city. Rosier now knows where they have gone, thankfully unlike my people she cannot freely travel of her own accord from world to world, however there is a doorway to that city deep under Eubric, built in the time even before Nu Mercution. She will be seeking after that."

"That sounds... amazing honestly. I'd love to go there one day when this is all over."

He shook his head.

"However, that can wait. Now we know Rosier's goal we should be able to figure out where they are, or at least beat them to their objective. Please," he continued in a diplomatic tone, "can you tell us where this door is?"

29 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I... for many years I abandoned Olegaia when all of my companions had passed on. If these shadows are wrought from my dreams and memories, then they are just as much my fault for abandoning you all for the many years. And now they seek to change a world that they do not understand. The Eubric of today is not the one of hundreds of years ago, but they know no better."

Throlar sighed.

"Look, I know what it's like to feel responsible for something, to feel guilty for it even, and I understand that one often feels the need to atone for their actions. That's fine, but you need to remember not to be to hard on yourself. Obsessing over your failings whether real or imagined can lead to some... unpleasant... it's very bad for your mental health."

Throlar recovered from his brief moment of discomfort and continued speaking.

"Still, in your case I don't think you are truly at fault. You did not consciously choose to create these imitations of your friends, nor are they acting under your direction. Indeed, they wouldn't even exist if not for Rosier's actions. I believe you cannot be held to be truly responsible for any of this."

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Rosier now knows where they have gone, thankfully unlike my people she cannot freely travel of her own accord from world to world, however there is a doorway to that city deep under Eubric, built in the time even before Nu Mercution. She will be seeking after that."

Two teams, then. One goes to the old Temple, one charges the Fort. That second party can divide in however many boats and distractions we desire. I'm going to the Fort, no question. My priority is the city, and thus these Founders. Rosier is secondary to all that. 

Euflear, this is one thing I'd ask of you. You know these imitations better than anyone, as you say. Tell me anything you can about the Miracleworker, and how I might defeat him.

Arthur takes a deep breath ashe considers how to explain the Pandemonicon.  "The Pandemonicon is a sentient tome on demonology, inscribed via Chaos magic--which means that it generally renders its readers insane after just a viewing or two.  My father's people penned an early copy of it, which I read as a child and eventually destroyed, but to my knowledge there are only three modern copies in existence: one that was taken by my ancient ancestor Ziegfried that was the original basis for my family's power, one used to summon the demons of Azzurat--I think that might have been the copy used in Mercution unless I'm very much mistaken?--and one that was lost in Babaleth.  Byblos took the first two with him when he sealed himself in the Void, which leaves the third in Master's hands."  The Skirmisher pauses and facepalms when he realizes he's once again called the Battle Mage 'Master'.  "And apparently, I have to refer to the wielder of a Pandemonicon as 'Master' while in their presence.  Lovely."

"As far as groups and plans...I'm going to Fort Bonaparte.  The further I am from Rosier, the better for us all, I feel.  I'm definitely on board with hiring the Magpie, it'll be good to see the old crew again."

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"That sounds... amazing honestly. I'd love to go there one day when this is all over."

He shook his head.

"However, that can wait. Now we know Rosier's goal we should be able to figure out where they are, or at least beat them to their objective. Please," he continued in a diplomatic tone, "can you tell us where this door is?"

"It is indeed a wondrous sight, I do not know where exactly the door is, for we fairies have never needed to use it. However if we find Rosier, no doubt the door is close by as she extends her network trying to find it."

28 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Two teams, then. One goes to the old Temple, one charges the Fort. That second party can divide in however many boats and distractions we desire. I'm going to the Fort, no question. My priority is the city, and thus these Founders. Rosier is secondary to all that. 

Euflear, this is one thing I'd ask of you. You know these imitations better than anyone, as you say. Tell me anything you can about the Miracleworker, and how I might defeat him.

"Rolander... The Miracleworker after he discovered the key to everlasting life... he is still a man, but a powerful cleric of one of the old gods, too often he spread himself thin, tax his resources and you may be able to subdue him."

Skrall shoulders his equipment.
26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Not to put a damper on yer plan Dyric, but I don't think splittin' up is an option. Two of our parties barely escaped death at the hands of two of the founders. Ain't no way any of us are survivin' against 5 of 'em and a bunch of paladins, and Town Watch, and dragons, and sailors."

33 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Not to put a damper on yer plan Dyric, but I don't think splittin' up is an option. Two of our parties barely escaped death at the hands of two of the founders. Ain't no way any of us are survivin' against 5 of 'em and a bunch of paladins, and Town Watch, and dragons, and sailors."

"I'm in agreement with Skrall." Karie replies to Dyric. She looks confident as she explains her case to the group. "As much as I think that Rosier is a threat that needs to be dealt with, we don't know where this door is or how close Rosier is to finding it. We do, however, know that a lot of people are about to be hung. I'm going to Fort Bonaparte. We need to get the citizens to realize they've been duped by fakes. If we defeat the Rosier and the Founders don't disappear, we'll have more to contend with than if we deal with the Founders first and Rosier after."

"Speaking of assaulting Fort Bonaparte, Ulric, how close are you and your men to finishing your distraction?" Karie inquires. 

"I'm in agreement with Skrall." Karie replies to Dyric. She looks confident as she explains her case to the group. "As much as I think that Rosier is a threat that needs to be dealt with, we don't know where this door is or how close Rosier is to finding it. We do, however, know that a lot of people are about to be hung. I'm going to Fort Bonaparte. We need to get the citizens to realize they've been duped by fakes. If we defeat the Rosier and the Founders don't disappear, we'll have more to contend with than if we deal with the Founders first and Rosier after."

"Speaking of assaulting Fort Bonaparte, Ulric, how close are you and your men to finishing your distraction?" Karie inquires. 

"Charges are all set, and the folks have been given the signal when to stand clear. We'll only have one shot, when that wall comes down there won't be anywhere left to retreat to."

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Charges are all set, and the folks have been given the signal when to stand clear. We'll only have one shot, when that wall comes down there won't be anywhere left to retreat to."

"What's all this 'bout blowin' up a wall, then?"

"Anyway, mates, I'm gonna have to agree with ya', much as Rosier is the source of the problem here, and as much as I love kickin' me some archdemon behind, we're gonna have to combine all our damn efforts if we wanna take down these false Founders and save the city. They're the immediate threat, and if what ya' say 'bout hangin's is true, there's no contest."

"Now. As far as the Pandemonican goes..." Atramor trailed off briefly, and looked to Torald. "Mate, if you let that thing drive ya' off the deep end, you know we're gonna have to put ya' down, right? Only one man's ever gotten on this thing's level, and he's trapped in the Void."

55 minutes ago, CMP said:

"Now. As far as the Pandemonican goes..." Atramor trailed off briefly, and looked to Torald. "Mate, if you let that thing drive ya' off the deep end, you know we're gonna have to put ya' down, right? Only one man's ever gotten on this thing's level, and he's trapped in the Void."

I believe I said something among those lines myself when I came back to consciousness. So I know. Not happy with it but the safety of many goes for the life of one. 

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"We have our own dragon my big friend, and if I knew going to Dastan was an option, we could have more of them."

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Karie grins. A plan was coming together, and tearing down the Hovel wall was something she'd shed no tears over. "What's your say, Ulric? A distraction would help us when we storm the fort to ensure that we don't have reinforcements coming to try and stop what we're doing. Is it possible to blow it up for when we hit the fort, or did you have other plans in mind?"

2 hours ago, CMP said:

Karie points to the Hovel Wall. "See that ugly sight of a wall. Get a good intake of it, because soon it won't be there anymore. When that wall comes down, it'll cause enough of a ruckus to distract the Town Watch and the Paladin Order from interfering with us."

"Oh boy! I don't like bombs and explosions very much...people always get hurt!"

"Let's pray we have a city to return to when that wall comes down..." I mutter.

"I'm all for going to the fort now. Unless Benji wants to prophesy regarding things to come or whatever it is he does."

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

15 hours ago, Kintobor said:

7 hours ago, CMP said:

"Anyway, mates, I'm gonna have to agree with ya', much as Rosier is the source of the problem here, and as much as I love kickin' me some archdemon behind, we're gonna have to combine all our damn efforts if we wanna take down these false Founders and save the city. They're the immediate threat, and if what ya' say 'bout hangin's is true, there's no contest."

Lind shrugged. "The only problem with attacking the fort first comes with if we've miscalculated, and Rosier is almost already through the door.

Eubric has first demand on our capacities, certainly - but letting an incredibly powerful demon loose into a nexus to nearly all of reality? I think we're underestimating the fallout from that.

Even if she's only after the fairies, do you really think, given the opportunity, she'd be satisfied with one race, one world - when she could try and rule them all?"

6 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"Oh boy! I don't like bombs and explosions very much...people always get hurt!"

"Let's pray we have a city to return to when that wall comes down..." I mutter.

"I'm all for going to the fort now. Unless Benji wants to prophesy regarding things to come or whatever it is he does."

The Black Knight frowned at the protesting Paladin.

Can't help but have doubts regarding how useful this kid will be, with that attitude...how old is he, again? And when did we start letting kids through the door? I mean, I know we were low on recruits...but kids?

He nodded eagerly at the Monk.

"Yes. We need to consult our Prophet, regarding the outcomes. I get the bolded message from our QM :tongue: impression we can only make one of two choices here - we need to do everything in our power to make sure it's the right one."

Kiray snaps back from zoning out when people began to mention things she couldn't keep up with. "The fort seems important to go there. I'm all for blowing that damn wall to Hel."

In the absence of a reply from Benji, Throlar sighed, looked in the general direction of up, and began to speak.

"Ophaniel," he said, "if you can offer us any guidance, then please speak to us."

On 7/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Rolander... The Miracleworker after he discovered the key to everlasting life... he is still a man, but a powerful cleric of one of the old gods, too often he spread himself thin, tax his resources and you may be able to subdue him."

Then tax him we will. We march on the Fort, as one

On 7/12/2018 at 1:12 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

"Dyric, my friend...this is not a book 'you look at'. I love learning new knowledge...and even I know this is not a book anyone should look at. Anyone.

Well, I'd like to think of myself as 'more than a tagalong' - but, yes, I could probably be talked into this plan. I actually already did something similar to it during my trip to Moone."

7 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Lind shrugged. "The only problem with attacking the fort first comes with if we've miscalculated, and Rosier is almost already through the door.

Eubric has first demand on our capacities, certainly - but letting an incredibly powerful demon loose into a nexus to nearly all of reality? I think we're underestimating the fallout from that.

Even if she's only after the fairies, do you really think, given the opportunity, she'd be satisfied with one race, one world - when she could try and rule them all?"

He nodded eagerly at the Monk.

"Yes. We need to consult our Prophet, regarding the outcomes. I get the bolded message from our QM :tongue: impression we can only make one of two choices here - we need to do everything in our power to make sure it's the right one."

Dyric grimaces at what he perceives as condescension. 

Everything we know points to Rosier being concerned with eating Faeries, not mortals. Rosier's concern isn't Eubric, ours is. The Founders are gathering power at the Fort, that's where Rosier's new form is likely to hide, and that's where we need to strike. And I will not hesitate while people put in the line of fire are being executed. You see to your divination, Whisperer, but I am striking the Fort. Without you, if I have to.

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

15 hours ago, CMP said:

No, Ulric's right, we only have one opportunity. We can't miss our chance to blow that wall. If the Hovels are ever going to be freed from the Watch's grasp, it's now. 

On 7/12/2018 at 2:26 AM, The Legonater said:

Wait, what? We found similar roots in the sewer, and tunnels of the Dragon House. You said this book grew a plant? That can't be a coincidence, can it?

Wally, was it? Tell us anything you've found about these roots.

"They are indeed a demonic infestation, from this realm or another we don't know but it's a very disturbing development..."

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

In the absence of a reply from Benji, Throlar sighed, looked in the general direction of up, and began to speak.

"Ophaniel," he said, "if you can offer us any guidance, then please speak to us."

Karie rested a consoling hand on Throlar's shoulder, appreciative of what he was trying to do but felt like she knew what the outcome was going to be. She kneeled, getting down so she could look Throlar in the eye without looking down on him, literally. "Listen, Throlar. Don't take this the wrong way, but in this instance I doubt we're going to get a message from the gods." Karie sighed. Years of being the leader of Heroica parties had left a mark on her, from taking on Immortalis, to navigating the docks of Brendenton. She felt like now was the moment her leadership skills were needed the most. "Right now we need the support of all of us. We need to save these people, and we need to restore some semblance of freedom to this city. Men and women are going to be hanged simply for associating with us. Throlar, I can think of no greater cause than to protect the innocent and the weak from tyranny and injustice. There are some brave men and women who stood up for us so we could stand here today. Let's go save their megablocks." Karie extended her hand, looking for Throlar to high-five her.

If you guys want to know where Roiser is, let me try something. Ok, magic eight compass where is Roiser? 

Use the Magic Compass in an attempt to find Roiser. 

OoC: @Palathadric posted after @Flare 's last log-on yesterday morning - and WBD hasn't posted anything here in the interim. I know we're trying to wrap up the quest, but could we please give people a little while to respond?

@Waterbrick Down Can we get an official QM ruling as to whether or not divination would work?

20 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"We're heroes, mate. Underestimatin' fallout is what we do."

Atramor scratched his increasingly-scraggly chin and raised his voice. "Now, I know some of ya'll would rather be out there demon-killin' right 'bout now. Lemme me real damn clear, archdemons are onna the most significant threats any of us could face, no matter how good the odds on our side are, but this ain't like before; we can't go runnin' off to go shove a book up its hide this time, Rosier's brought the fight to us."

"We leave now, we lose Eubric."

The rogue cast his eyes around the room. "And I dunno 'bout the rest of ya'll, but Heroica gave me a home and a job when I had ten coins to my name; that home was Eubric, and that job is protectin' it at any cost. Aye, we grew , and soon enough we were facin' threats lookin' at countries, worlds, timelines, planes, dimensions, whatever the hell they pleased, and we did the best we could. But this isn't....that." Atramor waved his arms around a bit. As if that helped convey his point. "This is, like, hell, mates, this is apocalyptic stuff we're dealin' with here! And I know, 'well, I hear that a lot', but they've taken the Hall from us. That just- that doesn't happen. Not even when they wiped out all but the current six Veterans, right before we all joined up. Hell of a lot happened on the day I joined, but there's three things I still remember thinkin': the floor sucks. Free booze is great. And that's a real shiny plaque."

On 8/13/2011 at 10:31 AM, Sandy said:

~When You Need an Act of Heroism, We Are At Your Service.~

"Well if there's ever a time for an act of heroism, it's right freakin' now, mates. We gotta hit Fort Freedom with everythin' we've got to reclaim the city. We need the support of everyone and anyone if we're gonna storm the Faerie and take down the source of this evil, so our first step HAS to be bein' the big goddamn heroes everyone likes complainin' 'bout and savin' everyone in Eubric."

Atramor nodded at Karie and Ulric and unrolled a map on the biggest table. And then started scribbling all over it in many vibrant, pretty colors.

28537895497_40ab7f61eb_b.jpg

"So I'm thinkin' Step 1: Big Red is blow up the wall. We do it between the abandoned Dragon House and the friendly Ziegfried Manor, it'll form a neat little choke point for Ulric's people to hold the Hovels or give them time to retreat into the sewers. Attackin' the Town Watch and Paladins are useless as long as the Miracleworker's alive, so I'd suggest the latter. This is the point of no return, mates. No turnin' back. In either case the only goal is to create a distraction, giving us an opportunity to enact..."

Step 2: Cool Blue. We escape out the south side of the Hovels and sneak 'round Crescent Hill. The Chateau is empty anyhow, and any guards'll probably be called over to the Hovels wall anyhow. Our only objective is to get all of our combined forces to the Harbor as stealthily as possible, avoidin' as much conflict as possible. The Harbor is essential to...

Step 3: Green...Bean. We'll need a ship. This step is iffy. We'll need an independent ship, Bonaparte ships are bein' watched for. I've heard a lotta good suggestions on this, and frankly, we'll take whatever we can get. If Guts and the Wind Thief are there, great. If this Magpie is there, great. Either we luck out and find an ally or steal one. It's the Harbor, so at least one is gonna fit the bill. Gettin' a ship is pretty damn important, considerin'...

Step 4: Pink Brink. We'll need to navigate our way outta the Harbor, gettin' past Bascule Bridge and a whole lotta dragon reinforcements. This step will be hell. Our ranged heroes are gonna be our biggest asset here, as is our own air support. Lookin' at you, Hoke. Anythin' we can do to disrupt enemy ships or mess with the sky, we need to do it. Maybe Althior can conjure us up a big ol' wave or somethin'. In any case, our objective is to reach Fort Freedom. When we do, we move to....

Step 5: Purple...uh. Purple versus Yellow." Atramor hastily draws the hostile forces in yellow. "Yeah, so this is this is gonna hurt the most. This is where we breach Fort Freedom. Once we secure a docking point, it's a matter of findin' where the executions are bein' held and puttin' a stop to 'em. This is gonna be one of the hardest fights any of us are ever gonna face. Five Founders and every remaining guard on the Fort is gonna be there to stop us. And they won't be able to. This is the step where we take back control of Eubric, and we show these asshoIes why Heroica's been 'round for two and a half centuries.

Which takes us to Step 6: Victory Celebration, but that comes later. After the Rosier thing."

"Sound good, mates?"

Edited by CMP