Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

18 hours ago, CMP said:

"The Herald...hmm. Guess they went to hit the source of this buIIshit right in the eye. I like it. Aye, we're all fine. I'm more concerned 'bout the other party at the moment. I s'pose we should follow 'em, then. Ulfric - any chance we can use the sewers to avoid any pryin' eyes? 

"If they ain't still there, we can at least pick up the trail."

38613641175_2cbff027fb_t.jpg
"Sure thing, though I've got to warn you there ain't a lot of them left that aren't either clogged up with paladin and watch forces or completely stopped up with some weird white roots."

17 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Dyric gives a dismissive chuckle. What, they just swept your hot-shot sniper from under you? I never figured you for the careless type, Ulric. 

Excellent. Home base it is, then. I hope you don't mind us keeping a battalion of Knights on your doorstep, then. 

"Meh, the Ogre goes where he pleases. The knights don't bother me, as long as they don't mind being in bed with a score of rabble rousers."

17 hours ago, The Legonater said:

You two should know, we did our research. The Founders running around now are certainly a fake. 

38801308854_e9e23485af_t.jpg
"Fake or not, they had a point. We ain't done our job in keeping you lot from splintering into the tiny factions that got us into this mess."

38801308774_c6cbe93c09_t.jpg
"The time has just about come to make them pay for their arrogance."

Matthias has no idea what to say, so he says nothing.

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sure thing, though I've got to warn you there ain't a lot of them left that aren't either clogged up with paladin and watch forces or completely stopped up with some weird white roots."

"The Herald ain't far anyhow. If ya've got a path that can get us there, we may as well take it."

Dyric begins to look around the area, trying to see if he can track down the start of a trail from the Oracle party. He also uses his compass to see if he can find a general heading.

So, Bellanotte and I split off and track down Boomingham, you guys look for Karie? And then meet back up here to prep for Fort Freedom? Or do we want to split the party a little cleaner than that? 

"I'll go with you, Master Dyric, if we do decide to split up," Matthias opines, though he seems uncertain.

The gnome turns to their most recent arrivals. "Did you have something specific in mind, Master Ulric, when you joined us just now?"

A pleasure as always, Matthias.

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Fake or not, they had a point. We ain't done our job in keeping you lot from splintering into the tiny factions that got us into this mess."

A week ago, I may have agreed. Heroica was seemed like a lost cause. But the past few days... Heroes have come out of the woodwork to fight for this war. To fight for this city. Even the Houses are getting in on it- look, right here we've got Shadeaux, Wolfgang, even the Lions all working as one. When we talked with the Golden Dragon's spirit, she emphasized that Heroica's core is its people, and these events have only emphasized that. 

Altraite, years ago you trained me to be a weapon. But that's not enough. We need to be leaders, to be Veterans in our own right. Yeah, we fought, and we argued. But that was by your lead, your Heroica. Now it's our turn. No more sides, no more factions. It's time Eubric stood as one. 

On 6/24/2018 at 4:41 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"I was unware we were assigned nannies to judge our decisions."

13 hours ago, CMP said:

"The Herald ain't far anyhow. If ya've got a path that can get us there, we may as well take it."

"No sewer openings that close to the hovels, but it's only a block or two south, so not hard to sneak to."

8 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Dyric begins to look around the area, trying to see if he can track down the start of a trail from the Oracle party. He also uses his compass to see if he can find a general heading.

So, Bellanotte and I split off and track down Boomingham, you guys look for Karie? And then meet back up here to prep for Fort Freedom? Or do we want to split the party a little cleaner than that? 

Dyric's compass points west, surveying the some of the hovel's inhabitants, the assassin gathers that the Oracle's tracks went in that general direction as well.

8 hours ago, StickFig said:

"I'll go with you, Master Dyric, if we do decide to split up," Matthias opines, though he seems uncertain.

The gnome turns to their most recent arrivals. "Did you have something specific in mind, Master Ulric, when you joined us just now?"

"We'll be holding down the hovels, but figured I'd check in with you heroes seein' as how your setting up shop in my area."

6 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"I was unware we were assigned nannies to judge our decisions."

"You may like to think you're independent Hoke, but as a member of Heroica what one of you does reflects on the rest of them."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"No sewer openings that close to the hovels, but it's only a block or two south, so not hard to sneak to."

"We'll hit the streets, then. Don't let the Hovels fall."

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"You may like to think you're independent Hoke, but as a member of Heroica what one of you does reflects on the rest of them."

"We aren't the ones you should worry about then.  Then again, I think the wheat and the chaff have been separated by now."

5 hours ago, CMP said:

"Let's go."

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

That's funny, I seem to remember you being among the first to split into factions. 

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Dyric's compass points west, surveying the some of the hovel's inhabitants, the assassin gathers that the Oracle's tracks went in that general direction as well.

12 hours ago, CMP said:

Atramor, the other party seems to have left the Hovels. They've gone West, somewhere. It'll be a bit of a walk, I think I will take Matthias as well as Bellanotte, who knows what we'll run into along the way. Watch yourself, it looks the Miracleworker has been following us, cleaning up our mess, so to speak. 

Rone takes a step back, looking amongst the party. Atramor, Hoke, Althior, these were men he'd quested with many a time. 

I suppose this is goodbye, for now. It's been a genuine pleasure. We should do this again, sometime, when the city is a lot less at stake. Take care, and see you on the other side. These Founders don't know who they've pissed off. Let's show them what Heroica actually is.

6 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Atramor, the other party seems to have left the Hovels. They've gone West, somewhere. It'll be a bit of a walk, I think I will take Matthias as well as Bellanotte, who knows what we'll run into along the way. Watch yourself, it looks the Miracleworker has been following us, cleaning up our mess, so to speak. 

Rone takes a step back, looking amongst the party. Atramor, Hoke, Althior, these were men he'd quested with many a time. 

I suppose this is goodbye, for now. It's been a genuine pleasure. We should do this again, sometime, when the city is a lot less at stake. Take care, and see you on the other side. These Founders don't know who they've pissed off. Let's show them what Heroica actually is.

Atramor gives the assassin an intense look, then nods, clasping his fellow rogue's arm in one of his own for a moment.

"Alright. Be careful, mate. When ya' find 'em, bring 'em back here to the Hovels, to Lady Luck's place. We'll meet there once we've got the other party. Make sure you let 'em know what happened to the Doomsayer. Might perk 'em up a bit," added Atramor with a grin. "They shouldn'ta' been so eager to see what happens when you cut us off from the Hall, our job, and the free booze. Good luck."

He looked sideways at Matthias for a second, then dug around in his cloak.

"Hey, mate. Just in case ya' need some major firepower...I think she'll show up a lot stronger with some ether in her."

He tosses the gnome his Archangel Summonstone.

Matthias catches the stone and tucks it away with a nod. He drinks a nostrum as he looks at Dyric and Bellanotte. "Well, we have an assassin, a healer, and a bard... shouldn't we better have a tank, too?" the gnome jokes with a weak grin. He glances towards the others. "Ah well, let's get going."

Matthias, Dyric, and Bellanotte make their way south in the hovels before scaling over the wall and dropping down into the outskirts of Triad Park.

QM Note: We'll continue this in PM

Atramor and the rest of the party head south toward the Eubric Herald, thankfully most of the paladin and watch patrols have been summoned elsewhere it would seem and the group makes their way outside the office of the paper.

Atramor signals Althior to start looking for tracks as he tries to find a window to peek inside.

3 hours ago, CMP said:

Atramor signals Althior to start looking for tracks as he tries to find a window to peek inside.

The cobblestones don't reveal much to the untrained eye, inside the shop Atramor spots several of the Herald's staff busily milling about gathering artist supplies, and stacks of newspapers with headlines about hangings.

35 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The cobblestones don't reveal much to the untrained eye, inside the shop Atramor spots several of the Herald's staff busily milling about gathering artist supplies, and stacks of newspapers with headlines about hangings.

Prophets get Track Down, unless you mean you're waiting for K-Nut to post.

1 hour ago, CMP said:

Prophets get Track Down, unless you mean you're waiting for K-Nut to post.

Althior notes the tracks of Karie and company heading Northwest.

OoC: Sorry, I’m in Dallas until Thursday night and my WiFi isn’t as good as I thought it’d be. I’ll try to keep up but CMP can control Althior if need be.

Atramor grits his teeth at the news of hangings, but leads the party to follow the tracks.

10 hours ago, CMP said:

Atramor grits his teeth at the news of hangings, but leads the party to follow the tracks.

As Atramor and the party move northwest following the tracks, the group can see a fair amount of the city population is pooling around the harbor. Several patrols of paladins, town watch, and ex-bonaparte sailors fill the streets, over-head the group can see wyverns and other small draconic monsters winging their way across the sky. It would be difficult to proceed any further west than Heroica Hall above ground without being spotted and assaulted.

18 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

As Atramor and the party move northwest following the tracks, the group can see a fair amount of the city population is pooling around the harbor. Several patrols of paladins, town watch, and ex-bonaparte sailors fill the streets, over-head the group can see wyverns and other small draconic monsters winging their way across the sky. It would be difficult to proceed any further west than Heroica Hall above ground without being spotted and assaulted.

"Damn," grumbles Atramor, pulling his coat collar up a bit more and tugging his hat down as he wheels around. "Alright, plan A, let's find a manhole, even if there's more forces down there we can deal with 'em in a straight-on fight without gettin' flanked. We'll head west through the sewers and as soon as we find a way out, we'll take it."

1 hour ago, CMP said:

"Damn," grumbles Atramor, pulling his coat collar up a bit more and tugging his hat down as he wheels around. "Alright, plan A, let's find a manhole, even if there's more forces down there we can deal with 'em in a straight-on fight without gettin' flanked. We'll head west through the sewers and as soon as we find a way out, we'll take it."

"We will be without Torc."

On 6/30/2018 at 8:28 PM, CMP said:

Atramor and co. find a sewer grate near the dragon house and drop down into the dank tunnel running below the city and make ready to head west. How far would they travel and would Hoke accompany them?

"We'll pop out by the Apothecary, it wasn't swarmin' last time we saw it. Hoke, I dunno what you wanna do about Torc, she ain't exactly easily hidden or built for the sewer...maybe she ought to wait in the Hovels? In case any of the other parties pop up, we wanna keep 'em here 'til we can round up the other."

Edited by CMP