Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

Atramor followed the gnome's example and inhaled some of his own Smelling Salts and downed a Mead as the party watched the exchange from around the corner.

Edited by CMP

15 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Dyric Rone takes awkward steps as he attempts to get used to his new form. He mumbled a few words to himself while still at a distance, trying to become accustomed to his voice. Which each step, he grew more confident. Seeing the guard approach, Rone did his best to square his shoulders and look professional.

I wish. I take it you haven't heard the call, then? Emergency situation in the Dragon House, HeroesDyric throws as much disdain as he can into the word. It's all hands on deck, rumour is they may have even killed a Founder! Unholy scumbags. I was positioned up by the Treasury when I received marching orders. 'Hel,' I thought, 'we're on the other blooming side of the city!' But, orders are orders, and this is a code red. 

25694667028_55429b6e0e_t.jpg
"Huh, code red you say? Whelp, I can send some of my men." The guard indicates four of the watch and paladins. "But we've got some troublemakers of our own in here and if they get out, it'll be just as bad as heroes."

15 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Huh, code red you say? Whelp, I can send some of my men." The guard indicates four of the watch and paladins. "But we've got some troublemakers of our own in here and if they get out, it'll be just as bad as heroes."

Excellent, we can split our forces, keep the four men here, and send the rest to kill those Heroes. 

Oh, you meant- surely the trouble you have locked in here is nothing compared to what's going on down town. You've heard what those so-called 'heroes' can do. Besides, keeping something in is a much easier task. The heroes are liable to break our lines and make a mess of the city, we need numbers down there. Look, if it's such a concern, I'll stay here with your men. I won't bother listing my service record, just know that I have the experience. If anything comes through these doors, we will handle it. Yes, orders, but we must distribute ourselves in the best way, no? This is an emergency situation, after all.

Edited by The Legonater

8 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Excellent, we can split our forces, keep the four men here, and send the rest to kill those Heroes. 

Oh, you meant- surely the trouble you have locked in here is nothing compared to what's going on down town. You've heard what those so-called 'heroes' can do. Besides, keeping something in is a much easier task. The heroes are liable to break our lines and make a mess of the city, we need numbers down there. Look, if it's such a concern, I'll stay here with your men. I won't bother listing my service record, just know that I have the experience. If anything comes through these doors, we will handle it. Yes, orders, but we must distribute ourselves in the best way, no? This is an emergency situation, after all.

"Look mister, I've got orders from Captain Cousland, I've told you I can spare you four men. Besides, I heard some of the founders laid the hurt down on two different groups of heroes, sent 'em scamperin' with their tails between their legs."

Dyric gets the idea, that without a more diplomatic approach, he won't be able to convince the guardsman to send more men.

8 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Look mister, I've got orders from Captain Cousland, I've told you I can spare you four men. Besides, I heard some of the founders laid the hurt down on two different groups of heroes, sent 'em scamperin' with their tails between their legs."

Dyric gets the idea, that without a more diplomatic approach, he won't be able to convince the guardsman to send more men.

Rane glances back down the street. Should have given the damn potion to Hoke. He gives a nod, hoping someone is watching.

Alright, I understand. Thank you for the help, these should at least bolster our forces. Hey, assuming everything goes alright down town, where were those other groups at, do you know? I could hit one of those locations next. 

Edited by The Legonater

48 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Rane glances back down the street. Should have given the damn potion to Hoke. He gives a nod, hoping someone is watching.

Alright, I understand. Thank you for the help, these should at least bolster our forces. Hey, assuming everything goes alright down town, where were those other groups at, do you know? I could hit one of those locations next. 

"Why would you think they're still around?" The guard looks suspiciously at Dyric.

Just now, Waterbrick Down said:

"Why would you think they're still around?" The guard looks suspiciously at Dyric.

Ha! Good point. Alright, best of luck, see you on the other side. 

Dyric gives a friendly salute, then hurries off with the troops, leading them down a street away from the rest of the party.

4 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Ha! Good point. Alright, best of luck, see you on the other side. 

Dyric gives a friendly salute, then hurries off with the troops, leading them down a street away from the rest of the party.

"Aye"

The rest of the party watches as Dyric and four gaurds head east away from the party and the Embassy.

Once the guards and Dyric were a safe, inaudible distance away, Atramor, with a nod to the rest of the party, lead them around the corner. He approached the guard captain slowly, shaking his head as he did so.

"So this is how good ol' Cap'n Cousland shows gratitude, huh? Look, mate, you're doin' your job as guardsmen, and we're doin' our job as heroes. I can respect that. Now I'm sure ya've got a tough group of veterans here, but the fact of the matter is? We're really damn good at our jobs. And we have a long road ahead of takin' down these frauds of Founders and makin' sure they haven't executed the Houses. So, are ya' gonna move your men aside, or are they gonna be moved?"

10 hours ago, CMP said:

Once the guards and Dyric were a safe, inaudible distance away, Atramor, with a nod to the rest of the party, lead them around the corner. He approached the guard captain slowly, shaking his head as he did so.

As Atramor walks towards the guard captain, Hoke mounts Torc again, and taps her sides with is heels.  She stalks forward, just behind the rogue, on all fours, low to the ground, acidic smoke gently yet menacingly cascading out of her mouth and nostrils.  She is the cat and the guard is the mouse.

10 hours ago, CMP said:

"So this is how good ol' Cap'n Cousland shows gratitude, huh? Look, mate, you're doin' your job as guardsmen, and we're doin' our job as heroes. I can respect that. Now I'm sure ya've got a tough group of veterans here, but the fact of the matter is? We're really damn good at our jobs. And we have a long road ahead of takin' down these frauds of Founders and makin' sure they haven't executed the Houses. So, are ya' gonna move your men aside, or are they gonna be moved?"

"Believe me," Hoke says holding his hand out, the metallic orb slowly taking the form of a wickedly tipped spear, elongating towards the guard,"WE can move you."

As if on cue, Torc emits an almost purr like rumbling from deep within her, shaking her scales like disturbed waters, her wings stretching outward as she stood up to full height.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:33 AM, CMP said:

On 5/12/2018 at 3:17 PM, UsernameMDM said:

As Atramor walks towards the guard captain, Hoke mounts Torc again, and taps her sides with is heels.  She stalks forward, just behind the rogue, on all fours, low to the ground, acidic smoke gently yet menacingly cascading out of her mouth and nostrils.  She is the cat and the guard is the mouse.

"Believe me," Hoke says holding his hand out, the metallic orb slowly taking the form of a wickedly tipped spear, elongating towards the guard,"WE can move you."

As if on cue, Torc emits an almost purr like rumbling from deep within her, shaking her scales like disturbed waters, her wings stretching outward as she stood up to full height.

The guards seem visibly shaken at the sight of the dragon and the heroes armed to the teeth in front of them.
"Well, ya see... it's like... we just can't... umm... Men, stand aside."

The paladins and Town Watch part to the side nervously, letting the heroes pass. Inside the embassy, the heroes find nearly a dozen Lion Knights lounging about, practicing drills, but for the most part looking quite bored.

40281245780_54047b35c4_z.jpg

An armored knight in shining breastplate and with an authoritative air calls out across the room.

40281373470_9bd0b80700_t.jpg
"Well, let's see what sort of idiots the Council has sent to bargain with us this time. Make it quick, or I'll have my cleric here send you back to the streets with a smitten rear end."

"Heh, thanks Torc." Atramor turned towards the woman, sweeping off his hat with a bow. "Lady. We ain't with the Council. We're with Heroica. And we're on a quest to bring them and these false Founders down with all the help we can muster. And Arthur Regulus says you're some of the best help 'round. That true?"

Edited by CMP

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The guards seem visibly shaken at the sight of the dragon and the heroes armed to the teeth in front of them.
"Well, ya see... it's like... we just can't... umm... Men, stand aside."

"You've made the right decision," Hoke says as he dismounts Torc,"Keep our new friends entertained for awhile,"he says as he pats the dragon on the neck.

Inside the embassy, the heroes find nearly a dozen Lion Knights lounging about, practicing drills, but for the most part looking quite bored.

Hoke walks toward the embassy, Zoot's Order in hand, ready to take on whatever was inside.  He was surprised to see the "prisoners" not looking much like prisoners.

An armored knight in shining breastplate and with an authoritative air calls out across the room.
"Well, let's see what sort of idiots the Council has sent to bargain with us this time. Make it quick, or I'll have my cleric here send you back to the streets with a smitten rear end."

Hoke scoffs, but holds his tongue.  He just avoided one fight, no use starting another one.

On 5/13/2018 at 7:24 PM, CMP said:

"Heh, thanks Torc." Atramor turned towards the woman, sweeping off his hat with a bow. "Lady. We ain't with the Council. We're with Heroica. And we're on a quest to bring them and these false Founders down with all the help we can muster. And Arthur Regulus says you're some of the best help 'round. That true?"

"Well I..."

The white-robed figure turns,

gallery_11254_206_18417.png
"Ai? Master Gibbin! S Meneg suilaid! Many greetings, it is a wonder to find you in such good health, and look you've brought Master Emorith with you as well." The elven cleric moves forward to embrace the two heroes.

"Is Master Regulus here as well?"

"Quite the reunion, we've got going on here."

"Ah, where are my manners, allow me to introduce Dame Leona Kniveton, niece of the late Leonard Kniveton."

The woman takes a short bow an air of amusement in her tone.

"Charmed, I'm sure. So if you're with Heroica, I take it you've dealt with the guards outside?"

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Charmed, I'm sure. So if you're with Heroica, I take it you've dealt with the guards outside?"

"They're currently entertaining another member of our party."

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Ai? Master Gibbin! S Meneg suilaid! Many greetings, it is a wonder to find you in such good health, and look you've brought Master Emorith with you as well." The elven cleric moves forward to embrace the two heroes.

"Ah, where are my manners, allow me to introduce Dame Leona Kniveton, niece of the late Leonard Kniveton."

The woman takes a short bow an air of amusement in her tone.

"Luke - good to see ya' again, mate. Only ever fought with you and Leonard in that dungeon, almost forgot ya' had a whole army of your own at your side," chuckled Atramor as he clasped arms with the elven cleric. He then turned to tilt his head towards Leona. "Glad to meet ya' as well, seem to recall your uncle was a hell of a swordsmen, if a bit long-winded. Arthur ain't here with us, I'm afraid, but rest assured he's fine: he fought alongside us not an hour ago, in fact he's the one that told us ya'll were havin' some trouble with the guards. Any luck, maybe he'll join back with us down the line."

"Aye, a friend of Hoke's is keepin' the guards distracted, but it's only a matter of time before someone else stumbles across the buildin' and sends for more guards. We don't got a hell of a lot of time; the short version is, we're gonna make contact with the other heroes in the city - they've been doin' their own recruitin' - and with our combined forces, we're gonna take a ship and assault Fort Freedom. We need to put an end to the Council and the false Founders, and damn could we use your help."

On 5/15/2018 at 7:31 AM, UsernameMDM said:

"They're currently entertaining another member of our party."

"Hopefully they can handle themselves, the guard will be switching soon. There's going to be extra company a few minutes from now."

On 5/15/2018 at 1:52 PM, CMP said:

"Luke - good to see ya' again, mate. Only ever fought with you and Leonard in that dungeon, almost forgot ya' had a whole army of your own at your side," chuckled Atramor as he clasped arms with the elven cleric. He then turned to tilt his head towards Leona. "Glad to meet ya' as well, seem to recall your uncle was a hell of a swordsmen, if a bit long-winded. Arthur ain't here with us, I'm afraid, but rest assured he's fine: he fought alongside us not an hour ago, in fact he's the one that told us ya'll were havin' some trouble with the guards. Any luck, maybe he'll join back with us down the line."

"Aye, a friend of Hoke's is keepin' the guards distracted, but it's only a matter of time before someone else stumbles across the buildin' and sends for more guards. We don't got a hell of a lot of time; the short version is, we're gonna make contact with the other heroes in the city - they've been doin' their own recruitin' - and with our combined forces, we're gonna take a ship and assault Fort Freedom. We need to put an end to the Council and the false Founders, and damn could we use your help."

"Sorry we couldn't bring more. When Arthur wrote to us, we weren't aware of the seriousness of the situation. As this Council of yours would not prefer an all-out war on the island, negotiations have been somewhat at a standstill as of late. But it looks like things might be speeding up rather quickly."

"Aye, this whole business with your Founders is a bit of a strange one, I'm hoping you all will fill us in on the rest of details later. As it stands, our alliance is with Heroica, not the city of Eubric. We'll help out however we can."

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Hopefully they can handle themselves, the guard will be switching soon. There's going to be extra company a few minutes from now."

"Sorry we couldn't bring more. When Arthur wrote to us, we weren't aware of the seriousness of the situation. As this Council of yours would not prefer an all-out war on the island, negotiations have been somewhat at a standstill as of late. But it looks like things might be speeding up rather quickly."

"Aye, this whole business with your Founders is a bit of a strange one, I'm hoping you all will fill us in on the rest of details later. As it stands, our alliance is with Heroica, not the city of Eubric. We'll help out however we can."

"If we are in agreement, let's make haste and be off from this place," Hoke says as he walks towards the door.

Matthias follows Hoke, glad to be heading out without more bloodshed.

16 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"If we are in agreement, let's make haste and be off from this place," Hoke says as he walks towards the door.

"We are in agreement that we are allied, but where do you intend to go? I will not lead my men blindly."

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"We are in agreement that we are allied, but where do you intend to go? I will not lead my men blindly."

"We can talk about that as we travel, or are you waiting for the other guards to show up first?"

4 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"We can talk about that as we travel, or are you waiting for the other guards to show up first?"

"So you don't have a plan at all?"

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Hoke looks at her incredulously.

"Are you being serious?  Yes, we have a plan, most of which has already been explained to you a few breathes ago.  Do you need a detailed itinerary before we depart or would you rather stay here as 'guests' of the Council?"

Hoke looks back outside then looks back to Leona and walks up to her, almost nose-to-nose.

"Here's a plan for you: we" Hoke says, pointing to his party,"are going to go out THOSE DOORS," he says as he stabs his finger at the entrance,"get on a DRAGON, fly away, find our other friends and their allies, and go fight and possibly kill some more people, beasts, monsters, and whatever else gets in our way.  You can stay here and play soldier and statesmen all you like, but we are going to leave and actually DO SOMETHING about the situation we are in."

Edited by UsernameMDM

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"First we gotta round up the other heroes. That in mind, maybe our forces should stick together while we do it. If we head back to the Hovels, maybe Dyric can pick up the trail of the party that went to seek out the Oracle."

A voice pipes in from somewhere around the guard's knees. "Seems our plan is a mite better than yours, Master Guardsman, seeing as it doesn't involve continued incarceration...."