Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

“The Fey One would have a motive at least. Maybe Heroica wasn’t going in a preferable direction and the only ones who could correct it were the founders... It’s a possible lead at least,”

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

40942014745_9a7dab1536_t.jpg
"Ze synzetic? It's a drug, no shape altering properties like ze pure stuff. It may make you feel like you're in anozer body experience, but zat's about it. I'm not quite sure how it's made, some of ze slime men in ze city peddle it."

Ah. Uh-huh. Heh... yeah. So when you said the original stuff doesn't occur on this plane, they... what? Get it from a faerie realm or something? 

1 hour ago, K-Nut said:

“The Fey One would have a motive at least. Maybe Heroica wasn’t going in a preferable direction and the only ones who could correct it were the founders... It’s a possible lead at least,”

Are you suggesting we track down the Fey One?

30 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

“I’m just saying it’s an option. Just like finding our cohorts and heading to Fort Bonaparte,”

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Ah. Uh-huh. Heh... yeah. So when you said the original stuff doesn't occur on this plane, they... what? Get it from a faerie realm or something? 

"Fairy Dust, Pixie Dust, same zing, just don't try ze rainbow stuff. Ze Faerie realm would be a direct source, unless of course you wanted to grind up a fairy's body.

1 hour ago, K-Nut said:

“I’m just saying it’s an option. Just like finding our cohorts and heading to Fort Bonaparte,”

Atramor scratches his chin.

"Sounds damn tough, though. Not sure where we'd even begin, if we tried. I'm of the mind that we should split up and track down the other parties - I think both Althior and Dyric are capable of doin' so."

"I say we help the other parties round up all the support they can, we have everyone meet back up at Lady Luck's when we're ready, then we hit the docks, get a ship, and sail straight into Fort Freedom; it sounds like that's where the center of activity is at."

"That sound agreeable to ya'll?"

I still want to hit the Embassy and see if we can rescue those troops, but other than that, I agree. I think we have a sizable piece of this puzzle, but we'll need everyone working together if we want to get a greater sense of what's going on. 

Hoke took all the information in, trying to formulate a plan.  It seemed like there were too many questions and not enough answers.

14 hours ago, CMP said:

Atramor scratches his chin.

"Sounds damn tough, though. Not sure where we'd even begin, if we tried. I'm of the mind that we should split up and track down the other parties - I think both Althior and Dyric are capable of doin' so."

"I say we help the other parties round up all the support they can, we have everyone meet back up at Lady Luck's when we're ready, then we hit the docks, get a ship, and sail straight into Fort Freedom; it sounds like that's where the center of activity is at."

"That sound agreeable to ya'll?"

14 hours ago, The Legonater said:

I still want to hit the Embassy and see if we can rescue those troops, but other than that, I agree. I think we have a sizable piece of this puzzle, but we'll need everyone working together if we want to get a greater sense of what's going on. 

"I as well would like to gather the skirmishers if possible.  We could use all the help we can get."

17 hours ago, The Legonater said:

"Ah, right...aye, it'e be nice to bring our own support into this, too." Atramor nodded. "We'll recruit the skirmishers at the Embassy first, then."

20 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Fairy Dust, Pixie Dust, same zing, just don't try ze rainbow stuff. Ze Faerie realm would be a direct source, unless of course you wanted to grind up a fairy's body.

"You can get this dust from grinding up fairies? Is it what they bleed?" The gnome wonders about their recent encounter. "Was that thing we faced a fairy? Or a fairy-dust contraption? If you get fairy dust from grinding up fairies, that might mean the Fey One isn't just a suspect, but also a possible victim."

18 hours ago, The Legonater said:

1 hour ago, CMP said:

"Ah, right...aye, it'e be nice to bring our own support into this, too." Atramor nodded. "We'll recruit the skirmishers at the Embassy first, then."

"I think that's a good idea," Matthias agrees thoughtfully.

2 minutes ago, StickFig said:

"You can get this dust from grinding up fairies? Is it what they bleed?" The gnome wonders about their recent encounter. "Was that thing we faced a fairy? Or a fairy-dust contraption? If you get fairy dust from grinding up fairies, that might mean the Fey One isn't just a suspect, but also a possible victim."

Atramor turned to stare at Matthias for a good long moment, then looked away, glaring at the ground.

"Damn that is dark, mate. Let's....call that a worse-case scenario. I almost think I'd prefer one of the Founders judgin' us asshoIes over the idea that somethin' ground 'em up into dust to make copies of the others."

Just now, CMP said:

Atramor turned to stare at Matthias for a good long moment, then looked away, glaring at the ground.

"Damn that is dark, mate. Let's....call that a worse-case scenario. I almost think I'd prefer one of the Founders judgin' us asshoIes over the idea that somethin' ground 'em up into dust to make copies of the others."

"Sorry... as if the situation isn't dark enough. But really, that dwarf we fought wasn't a fairy, was he? Are we calling him an automaton? A projection? An illusion? Or a fairy?" The gnome seems troubled, remembering history lessons from his Ranger training. "The Fey One, Euflear, has aided Heroica in the recent past... why fight us now? And if, instead, this menace extends beyond Eubric to the Fae realm," he gulps, "then we are in a dark place indeed."

Gathering himself, Matthias dusts off his hat and carefully arranges it on his head before nodding to Gibbin that the party should be off.

Just now, StickFig said:

"Sorry... as if the situation isn't dark enough. But really, that dwarf we fought wasn't a fairy, was he? Are we calling him an automaton? A projection? An illusion? Or a fairy?" The gnome seems troubled, remembering history lessons from his Ranger training. "The Fey One, Euflear, has aided Heroica in the recent past... why fight us now? And if, instead, this menace extends beyond Eubric to the Fae realm," he gulps, "then we are in a dark place indeed."

"They say the Fae are masters of bewitchment and illusions, aye? I'd say an illusion so real it believes itself fits the bill...hell." Atramor shook his head and slapped the gnome on the back. "Well, whatever's goin' on here, there's still a legion of Heroes workin' to undo it. Dark as it gets, we'll always have allies."

That said, the rogue turned to Mynatt, his entire stock of gold in hand.

"If ya' have any Phoenix Essences or Smellin' Salts, mate, I'll take every damn one of 'em. Failin' that...well, it was good seein' you again, and we 'ppreciate the help. Feels like an eternity since that quest. Sometimes these life-or-death scenarios can take a bit of a toll. Makes ya' long for the days of savin' alchemists from some crazed cultists." Atramor cracked a bit of a grin.

Once the party's business was concluded, he led the way back out to Torc, so that the party could fly to the Embassy to rescue the Lion Knight Skirmishers. He had vague recollections of fighting alongside the renowned pikemen in Dastan. If only they had more time. They really could use Tarn and an army of dragons about now.

14 minutes ago, CMP said:

"They say the Fae are masters of bewitchment and illusions, aye? I'd say an illusion so real it believes itself fits the bill...hell." Atramor shook his head and slapped the gnome on the back. "Well, whatever's goin' on here, there's still a legion of Heroes workin' to undo it. Dark as it gets, we'll always have allies."

The gnome continues to look uncertain as he follows the others out.

1 hour ago, CMP said:

"If ya' have any Phoenix Essences or Smellin' Salts, mate, I'll take every damn one of 'em. Failin' that...well, it was good seein' you again, and we 'ppreciate the help. Feels like an eternity since that quest. Sometimes these life-or-death scenarios can take a bit of a toll. Makes ya' long for the days of savin' alchemists from some crazed cultists." Atramor cracked a bit of a grin.

Rone found himself nodding to the sentiments. It certainly felt like the end of the line. He turned to Bellanotte, quiet as always at the back.

What about you, madame? This is hardly your fight. I mean, sure, your fighting for your family. And we're fighting for Eubric. But asides from the fundamentals, this whole mess about Heroes and Founders... does it mean anything to you? You certainly seem to be sacrificing a lot for a cause that is only tangentially your own. 

9 hours ago, CMP said:

Once the party's business was concluded, he led the way back out to Torc, so that the party could fly to the Embassy to rescue the Lion Knight Skirmishers. He had vague recollections of fighting alongside the renowned pikemen in Dastan. If only they had more time. They really could use Tarn and an army of dragons about now.

"Let me see what Portia still had in stock." The doctor leaves the lab for a few minutes before returning with 3 Phoenix Essence and 3 Smelling Salts. "150 Gold for ze lot considering the help you've given zis Guild over ze years."

As the heroes head out they can see the light of morning just beginning to peak over the city walls, they figure they have about an hour before the city begins to wake. Atramor notes that Torc, having been minimized, had followed them into the Guild House.

8 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Rone found himself nodding to the sentiments. It certainly felt like the end of the line. He turned to Bellanotte, quiet as always at the back.

What about you, madame? This is hardly your fight. I mean, sure, your fighting for your family. And we're fighting for Eubric. But asides from the fundamentals, this whole mess about Heroes and Founders... does it mean anything to you? You certainly seem to be sacrificing a lot for a cause that is only tangentially your own. 

39209738684_688c2e3d3a_t.jpg
"When Father brought my siblings and me here, he told us so many amazing stories about the wonders of this city. He showed us the richness of its culture and the opportunities it presented to all who came here. I won't let that city he shared with us just disappear. You're my only hope if I ever want to see any of my family again, what choice do I have?"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

39209738684_688c2e3d3a_t.jpg
"When Father brought my siblings and me here, he told us so many amazing stories about the wonders of this city. He showed us the richness of its culture and the opportunities it presented to all who came here. I won't let that city he shared with us just disappear. You're my only hope if I ever want to see any of my family again, what choice do I have?"

As good a reason as any. Glad to still have you on board, Bellanotte. 

As the heroes head out they can see the light of morning just beginning to peak over the city walls, they figure they have about an hour before the city begins to wake. Atramor notes that Torc, having been minimized, had followed them into the Guild House.

Time's running short, Hoke. Best remedy that dragon quick if we want to make it in and out of the Embassy without additional trouble. Let's ride.

Atramor nods and buys out Mynatt's offered items, handing him 150 gold.

"Aye. Let's move, mates."

Hoke uses a Remedy in Torc.

After the dragon returns to her natural size, Hoke swings himself up onto her shoulder and neck in one swift motion.

6 hours ago, CMP said:

Atramor nods and buys out Mynatt's offered items, handing him 150 gold.

"Aye. Let's move, mates."

"Good luck!"

2 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke uses a Remedy in Torc.

After the dragon returns to her natural size, Hoke swings himself up onto her shoulder and neck in one swift motion.

16858651466_09a5cf51c9_o.jpg
<Strange being so small again.>

The heroes clamber aboard Torc and lift off for the embassy. The group touches down a block away and can see a group of a dozen paladins and town guard stationed in front of the embassy.

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The heroes clamber aboard Torc and lift off for the embassy. The group touches down a block away and can see a group of a dozen paladins and town guard stationed in front of the embassy.

Rone surveys the group and turns to Atramor.

Do we go loud, or quiet? If we want I could probably pick them off from this range... but then again, I could probably make good use of this.

The assassin pulls the faerie dust from his pack, turning the vial around in his hand.

17 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Do we go loud, or quiet? If we want I could probably pick them off from this range... but then again, I could probably make good use of this.

The assassin pulls the faerie dust from his pack, turning the vial around in his hand.

"Heh, I like the way you think. Give it a shot, we'll hang back here."

Edited by CMP

A shame we have to use this so soon. 

Rone takes a deep breath, looking into the vial one last time. Wish me luck, boys. 

Throwing caution to the wind, the assassin chugs the vial, trying to keep his thoughts focused on looking soldierly. 

On 5/9/2018 at 3:46 PM, The Legonater said:

A shame we have to use this so soon. 

Rone takes a deep breath, looking into the vial one last time. Wish me luck, boys. 

Throwing caution to the wind, the assassin chugs the vial, trying to keep his thoughts focused on looking soldierly. 

Dyric's form shifts and molds into that of a paladin knight.
39535427402_e8ff93ba81_t.jpg

As he approaches the embassy one of the town watch greets him,
25694667028_55429b6e0e_t.jpg
"Just about morning soldier, things quite around the city?"

Dyric Rone takes awkward steps as he attempts to get used to his new form. He mumbled a few words to himself while still at a distance, trying to become accustomed to his voice. Which each step, he grew more confident. Seeing the guard approach, Rone did his best to square his shoulders and look professional.

Dyric's form shifts and molds into that of a paladin knight.
39535427402_e8ff93ba81_t.jpg

As he approaches the embassy one of the town watch greets him,
25694667028_55429b6e0e_t.jpg
"Just about morning soldier, things quite around the city?"

I wish. I take it you haven't heard the call, then? Emergency situation in the Dragon House, HeroesDyric throws as much disdain as he can into the word. It's all hands on deck, rumour is they may have even killed a Founder! Unholy scumbags. I was positioned up by the Treasury when I received marching orders. 'Hel,' I thought, 'we're on the other blooming side of the city!' But, orders are orders, and this is a code red. 

On 5/9/2018 at 8:12 AM, CMP said:

"Heh, I like the way you think. Give it a shot, we'll hang back here."

Matthias is only too happy to hang back and quiet his heaving stomach after another dragon ride. The druid smells some salts and quaffs a nostrum while he waits.