Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

16858651466_09a5cf51c9_o.jpg
<The golden scaled one struck her down like pigeon from the sky. We must stay low, she has brought many wyrms.>

"She will not do the same to us.  When have you and I ever been defeated.  It may not even come to that."

Hoke looks at the others.

"Are we ready?  Shall we take flight or keep to the ground?"

Dyric steps forward, bearing his improved weapon. 

Your dragon is a nice ride and all, but she's pretty conspicuous. Yet, we could use the support, and it's not like we can hide her. 

5 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"She will not do the same to us.  When have you and I ever been defeated.  It may not even come to that."

Hoke looks at the others.

"Are we ready?  Shall we take flight or keep to the ground?"

<We must stay low if we are to fly and only at night, unless we are to take on the golden one and her disciples.>

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

<We must stay low if we are to fly and only at night, unless we are to take on the golden one and her disciples.>

Hoke pats Torc on the side of her neck.

"I think we could take them.  It would have been nice if you could have brought some of your Dastanian kin," He says, immediately thinking about Vipera,"I hope your efforts with the dragons there were fruitful."

Hoke looks about a bit.

"Should we be off?" he asks the party.

10 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Should we be off?" he asks the party.

Dyric looks about the suddenly silent group around him.

Well, I'm game, anyways. Let's get this over with. 

Matthias realizes he's staring, so he closes his mouth and nods his assent and readiness to depart.

Staying low to the city, the Party mount Torq and take off for the dragon house.

Insert-Dragonhouse

The Dastanese structure, still smoldering, barely remains standing. The entire east wing of the house is collapsed, all the windows broken, and the remaining roof has several holes. The door, scorched and charred, swings lazily with the cold breeze of the hushed night.

0E2C6DDF-79FD-4D2B-83D2-2CA3953239C2.jpeg.52ac9d5fc2a22792c1dc00637b7f9e25.jpeg

<Terrible fight.>

Hoke once more feels the rage and sadness building within Torq.

9 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Are they all dead?" Hoke asks as he dismounts,"Down in the cavern.  All of them?"

<Only my broodmother and her rider. The golden one has taken up residence in the cave.>

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

<Only my broodmother and her rider. The golden one has taken up residence in the cave.>

"What about the unclaimed eggs?" Hoke asks as he takes a closer look at the wreckage,"I remember the day when I got you.  A perfect amber egg.  A few other of your broodmates were claimed, but not all of them."

Rone looks over the wreckage, a pang of sadness welling inside him. He had met more than his fair share of noble dragons; Vipera, Ecatsue - no dragon deserved the fate that had befallen the creatures here. 

Picking up on Hoke's half of the conversation, Rone turned to address their dragoon.

What happened here?

Matthias, a little shaky and an little green after his first flight on a Dragon, does his best to focus on peering in the doors and windows to see if any occupants - or looters and squatters - remain. He also tries to find anything that's not been destroyed in the rubble.

12 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"What about the unclaimed eggs?" Hoke asks as he takes a closer look at the wreckage,"I remember the day when I got you.  A perfect amber egg.  A few other of your broodmates were claimed, but not all of them."

<No telling, unless my broodmother's rider was able to secret them away, they may be in the claws of the golden one.>

6 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias, a little shaky and an little green after his first flight on a Dragon, does his best to focus on peering in the doors and windows to see if any occupants - or looters and squatters - remain. He also tries to find anything that's not been destroyed in the rubble.

Matthias sees that there is movement within the house, but the darkness prevents the gnome from seeing any more details.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Matthias sees that there is movement within the house, but the darkness prevents the gnome from seeing any more details.

The gnome waves his party members over to peer inside. "I think there is someone - or something - moving in there! Should we go inside to investigate?"

1 hour ago, StickFig said:

The gnome waves his party members over to peer inside. "I think there is someone - or something - moving in there! Should we go inside to investigate?"

"Aye. I think we should."

“I don’t think rushing in is a great idea; we don’t know if whatever is in there is friendly,” Althior checks to see if the door is easily removable. If not, he attempts to melt the hinges.

On 24/01/2018 at 10:30 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

The Dastanese structure, still smoldering, barely remains standing. The entire east wing of the house is collapsed, all the windows broken, and the remaining roof has several holes. The door, scorched and charred, swings lazily with the cold breeze of the hushed night.

1 hour ago, K-Nut said:

“I don’t think rushing in is a great idea; we don’t know if whatever is in there is friendly,” Althior checks to see if the door is easily removable. If not, he attempts to melt the hinges.

I agree. We could try knocking, but sneaking in will give us the advantage. I get the feeling the Golden Dragon won't give us a very warm welcome. 

On 1/25/2018 at 7:19 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

<No telling, unless my broodmother's rider was able to secret them away, they may be in the claws of the golden one.>

"I hope he did.  If not, we may have to."

On 1/26/2018 at 11:22 AM, CMP said:

"Aye. I think we should."

On 1/26/2018 at 9:38 AM, StickFig said:

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

I agree. We could try knocking, but sneaking in will give us the advantage. I get the feeling the Golden Dragon won't give us a very warm welcome. 

"Let's do so, quietly."

Hoke moves quietly into the house, staying alert as he moves in.

OOC: Sorry, I just realized Dyric got this from Grogmas. This is what happens when you don't keep up on things. :blush:

On 12/24/2016 at 4:54 PM, JimBee said:

Dyric Rone:
Ace Assassin Training (Ability; Dyric's successful Assassination rolls against enemies immune to instant kill deals an additional LETHAL AIM roll (see Assassin))

Just checked and I got this. Awesome. :grin: Beginner's Lockpicks (1/3 chance to grant the Inspired effect at the beginning of each battle. The bearer can also unlock any non-magical locks. Accessory)

Atramor pulls his coat on a bit tighter and follows Hoke. As he does so he realizes his gloves are sticking, rather uncomfortably, to his hands. He removes his Sticky Gloves and tucks his Beginner's Lockpicks into his sleeve. He'd had the set since he was a boy, but only now did he realize what a nice accessory they made. Weird.