Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

"So Kiray, Karie, and Throlar, am I right? Are any others with us? Karie, do you have the ability to heal with your musical talents? I have heard of some able to do such, but...if not, we should probably have a healer with us and it seems to me like Althior is the only one available. Unless, of course, our 'veterans' can take on the responsibility.... Finally, do we head straight to the lair, or should we stop at the marketplace first? I believe some of the others would like to make use  of the discount I can get them."

Edited by Palathadric

12 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"So Kiray, Karie, and Throlar, am I right? Are any others with us? Karie, do you have the ability to heal with your musical talents? I have heard of some able to do such, but...if not, we should probably have a healer with us and it seems to me like Althior is the only one available. Unless, of course, our 'veterans' can take on the responsibility.... Finally, do we head straight to the lair, or should we stop at the marketplace first? I believe some of the others would like to make use  of the discount I can get them."

"Certainly we should stop by the market, it might be our last chance." Kiray looks around the establishment before adding in a hushed tone, "Besides, the place might get looted with how Eubric might end up, and I'd rather make sure we clean it out with our gold first."

Althior wipes a bit of blood from his mouth. “I guess I’m a bit out of shape,” he smirks, grabbing his scepter. “Ablesword, you have room for one more? I figure this is the best place to get answers, and I have no desire to seek out Ulfric.”

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

"Certainly we should stop by the market, it might be our last chance." Kiray looks around the establishment before adding in a hushed tone, "Besides, the place might get looted with how Eubric might end up, and I'd rather make sure we clean it out with our gold first."

"I agree, we ought to deal with our supplies as soon as possible."

Throlar briefly glanced up from his task and caught sight of Germ, noticing something on his person.

"Excuse me, but would you mind lending me that Unicorn Horn staff you have?"

Edited by Lord Duvors

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Hey, Karie. Good play with the matron. And keep an eye, you hear? I don't trust the Wolfgang, and I must trust those Veterans even less. 

"You think I'm going into this like a lost little lamb in from the cold?" Karie confidently gave Dyric a thumbs up. "I think Ulric's going to learn that he's messing with the wrong person if he thinks I'm going to be some meek little yes-man."

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

56 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"I'm still waiting for Lawrence to figure out what he's doing with his Phoenix Essence plan, but I'm not adverse to a run to the market. I can heal, just not outside of battle."

So the teams so far are:

Oracle (5,1):
Boomingham (2,1)
Torald
Petaldan (2,0)
Eric
Ezeran (1,0)

Wolf Lair (8,4):
Pretzel (5,4)
Karie (2,0)
Kiray (1,0)
Throlar

Dragon House (5,5):
Atramor (1,3)
Althior (0,1)
Dyric (4,1)
Hoke
Matthias

Undecided:
Vindsval (2,0)
Germ

1st number is Phoenix Essences, 2nd is Phoenix Incenses or their equivalent. I may have missed some.

Pretzel hands a Phoenix Incense to Petaldan and a Phoenix Essence to Eric.

Edited by Palathadric

1 hour ago, K-Nut said:

Althior wipes a bit of blood from his mouth. “I guess I’m a bit out of shape,” he smirks, grabbing his scepter. “Ablesword, you have room for one more? I figure this is the best place to get answers, and I have no desire to seek out Ulfric.”

"Sure" he says, his eyes not leaving the sight the Demon had pointed out,"Looks like we could use all the help available."

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

You might want to pass this on. But I just spotted a big "dragon". And from the looks of it, it was hunting for something. 

"I hope all parties have sufficient potions and tonics as well...
"By the way, I also have these artifacts available for use:"
Armour of Dark Arts (SP: 10; Takes up: Bodywear, Handwear, Footwear slots; counts as one artifact; Suitable to Knights, Dragoons, and Skirmishers)
Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; Headwear)
Bloody Skull Helmet (SP: 3; heals wearer by the amount of health other combatants lose by 
*Bleeding* at the end of each round; Headwear)
Duplovian Helmet (SP: 2; Immune to Magic and Healing; Headwear)
Burning Knuckle Helmet (SP: 10; Wearer suffers Burning -3 effect; Suitable for Anyone; Headwear)
White Ninja Cowl (Once per battle, the wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; Headwear)
Lens of Speed Reading (allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action; Accessory; Suitable for scroll users)
Scholar’s Codex (Makes negative effect scrolls deal non-elemental damage equal to the user’s level when successfully used, but also cost 1 ether more; suitable to scholars only; Accessory)

Amethyst
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine
Ethereal Opal (Ice and Fragile)
Scroll of *Sealing*
Scroll of *Blindness*
Scroll of *Confusion*
Scroll of *Sleep*
Scroll of *Frailty*
Scroll of *Weakening*
Scroll of *Minimizing* (Has 1/2 chance of causing the *Minimizing*-effect on the target; costs 10 ether.)
Scroll of Arc 
*Sleep*, Scroll of Elemental Aura (Enables the user to cause the target's attacks deal only elemental damage corresponding to a gem available to the user for the duration of one battle. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 5 ether)

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to reject any applicants for the listed items.

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"I agree, we ought to deal with our supplies as soon as possible."

Throlar briefly glanced up from his task and caught sight of Germ, noticing something on his person.

"Excuse me, but would you mind lending me that Unicorn Horn staff you have?"

Unless someone else thinks they can make better use out of it, you might as hold on to it. As Germ is ready to hand over the Unicorn Horn to Throlar. 

Bloody Skull Helmet (SP: 3; heals wearer by the amount of health other combatants lose by *Bleeding* at the end of each round; Headwear)

Maybe, I can use that, maybe? Then he started to check out his Kolbold Sharp Wings thinking could that work... 

Does someone want to use this Catapult (Dwarven Portable Catapult)? And I guess I could check out this "Dragon House" or look for the "Oracle". I just don't think I will be very useful with the "wolves". 

Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; Headwear)

"I find that Shako interesting, if you don't mind."

10 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Unless someone else thinks they can make better use out of it, you might as hold on to it. As Germ is ready to hand over the Unicorn Horn to Throlar. 

"Thank you." said Throlar, taking it.

"By the way, as long as we're handing out items would anyone here like to use my Fellcrest Hand Axe (WP: 8; deals bleeding 5 on successful hits; throwing weapon) or my Shattering Arrows (x4-lowers enemy SP by ten points, suitable for classes that use bows or crossbows)?

19 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Thank you." said Throlar, taking it.

"By the way, as long as we're handing out items would anyone here like to use my Fellcrest Hand Axe (WP: 8; deals bleeding 5 on successful hits; throwing weapon) or my Shattering Arrows (x4-lowers enemy SP by ten points, suitable for classes that use bows or crossbows)?

Don't worry about returning, it seems weirdly balance to me. 

I guess I could use the Axe, I could always throw it at someone's face. 

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well at least I don't have to deal with him. Maybe I should keep an eye everyone else stuff. As Germ is making a mental count of his weapons as they are getting put away. That is when he spotted the "dragon" and then spotted Hoke...

You might want to pass this on. But I just spotted a big "dragon". And from the looks of it, it was hunting for something. 

The menacing shape of the dragon starts to hone in on the heroes’ location, embers of heat emanating from its mouth glowing red in the night sky. Germ estimates it will arrive on the scene soon.

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

I guess I could use the Axe, I could always throw it at someone's face. 

"Here, take it." said Throlar handing him the axe.

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Here, take it." said Throlar handing him the axe.

Well it looks like a trade, the Axe for the staff. As he puts the weapon away. That is when he noticed it...

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The menacing shape of the dragon starts to hone in on the heroes’ location, embers of heat emanating from its mouth glowing red in the night sky. Germ estimates it will arrive on the scene soon.

The dragon turning around reading an attack. Then with out really thinking that is when he yelled at the others. Air raid! Dragon! Move it! 

8 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

The dragon turning around reading an attack. Then with out really thinking that is when he yelled at the others. Air raid! Dragon! Move it! 

Kiray's eyes go wide at this and ducks for cover. She had seen younger dragons fight. Hel, she had considered being a dragoon if the Shadeaux would allow her, but this was not the time for a battle with a dragon. He could feel her heart racing, thumping against her. This wasn't how she wanted to die, against a dragon. Even dying fighting was a new concept to her, thanks to the removal of the nornalis.

I dash out the door and grab the barrel with the weapons, bringing it back to the team.

"Everyone grab yours and let's split!"

9 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I hope all parties have sufficient potions and tonics as well...
<snip>
Amethyst
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine
Ethereal Opal (Ice and Fragile)

<snip>

Ooh, may I borrow that Amethyst? I think I could put it to good use. If you want to keep it that's allright too, Torald adds. 

I hand Throlar the Infernal Armour instead of the Shako.

"Wear this. It will suit you better."

Pretzel hands Petaldan the Armour of the Dark Arts, which the latter duly equips with the Cloak of Innocence.

Edited by Palathadric

On 1/18/2018 at 10:00 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

38801308774_c6cbe93c09_t.jpg
"Heroes, what you did here... how you... Jacq and I owe you a debt."

The Copper Fox shakily takes to his feet.

38801308854_e9e23485af_t.jpg
"Aye, stickin' up for the two of us. I trained each and everyone of you and now to have you helping us. Can't say I blame any of you for your anger with the way we veterans botched things up. We'll make right on it though... If you'll let us."

Master Fox, you allowed us to become the men and women we are.  It is only right that we help you in a small way upon your path.  

On 1/19/2018 at 1:28 AM, Kintobor said:

Karie nods in Lawrence's direction. "I think that's the most sensible think you've said all night."

"I'm not adverse to such a proposal. If we agree to give the matron of this establishment the items our enemies held onto, I'll donate the 250 gold that I was going to use to smooth over all this so that a group can stock up on Phoenix Essences; sign of good faith, if you will." Karie replies. "Whatever we do, let's come to a decision quickly."

"Good. I think it's a good idea for those going to see Ulric have Wolfgang rep. I'll go as well, seeing as how my sister was sort of a big deal within the Wolfgang. 

Throlar." Karie calls to the dwarf, grinning cheekily. She'd never adventured with the mouthy diplomat, but Karie seemed optimistic, seeing as how he was always open for a conversation in the hall. "You're a diplomat. You want to come along with this motley crew to potentially assure an alliance to restore some semblance of sanity to this city?" 

She sought no quarrel, I say we leave her that which was theirs.  I have no reputation among the Wolfgang, but I feel the color of my skin would leave my companions at a disadvantage elsewhere.  If you will have me I will go with you to meet with this Ulric of the Wolfgang.

19 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Torald, Ezeran, and I are going to find the Oracle with Skuld." Petaldan declares boldly.

Be safe my young friends.  May The Wanderer Guide you, and may your faith protect them all young Paladin.  Vindsval smiles proudly despite the situation.  That youngling will be no scourge as have been others who bore that title.

Edited by Asphalt

8 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I dash out the door and grab the barrel with the weapons, bringing it back to the team.

Vindsval Reclaims and stowed his gear.  You show the right in sharing what we have that is no longer of use to us.  I carry much that may help some of you.  Ask of me what you will.  If you would do so quickly.  If a dragon truly threatens, I would prefer not to be caught in the streets.

OOC: If anyone can use anything from the following list feel free to ask to borrow it. 

Toxic Hood: (Headwear. The green hood worn by the Rosalia Pestilence. Changes the poisoned effectto Blessed for the duration of the battle if poisoned while wearing the hood, Usable by all.)
Ten-Gallon Hat: Gives the wearer the "Tourist" effect, causing no one to take them seriously)
Gloves of the Hypocritical/Hippocratic Oath, Handwear, (Adds +10 to healing for characters with the Healing job trait and + 10 Poisoning for characters with the Wicked (or future equivalent) fighting style )
Mythril Mail (SP:10; suitable to knights and barbarians only; bodywear)
Anniversary Medal (Power +5, SP +5, Max Health +5, Max Ether +5. Values increase by 1 with each passing year; Accessory)
Gauntlets of the Legionnaire (Power +5, immune to Petrified, Handwear)   

Xeno Whip (WP:4, poisoning the Xeno Whip doubles the poison output, whip)

Witch's Hammer (WP 8, Poison 10, Hammer)

Scroll of Poisoning. Can be cast on a weapon to give it Poison 10, for the duration of the battle at the cost of 5 Ether.
Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the Fragile effect to one target for three round. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.) 

Petaldan, you may find this of interest now that you have the powers of faith. He holds up a crooked staff.

Renegade’s Crook (WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff)

Edited by Asphalt

QM Note: Alrighty folks, finish up those trades within the next 12hrs and we'll continue. As a head's up, I've had some unexpected travel come up which will take me away from my collection, so while updates will be regular, photo quality may be down a little for a week.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Zoot's Order slowly shifts from a short sword to a wickedly tipped spear as Hoke's eyes are fixated on the approaching dragon.

11 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

9 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Everyone, out here," Hoke calls out.

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

She sought no quarrel, I say we leave her that which was theirs.  I have no reputation among the Wolfgang, but I feel the color of my skin would leave my companions at a disadvantage elsewhere.  If you will have me I will go with you to meet with this Ulric of the Wolfgang.

"Fine by me. Good to have you aboard."

Karie takes the loot from the previous fight and hands it to the matron.

"Apologies, ma'am."

Karie kicks Kiray out from under her table. "Time to move. If we get into a fight with a dragon, don't worry too much, I've slain a few." Moving out of the building and grabbing her gear, Karie ushers her group together. "Let's hurry this up. I'd prefer not being on an all you can eat buffet for big and smokey up there. We need to get to the sewers, and fast."

You and I both Songsmith, he snorts, you and I both.

Vindsval First equips his Multitool attachment, then Consumes a Mead, and inhales a Smelling Salts.  He quickly uses two Grating stones to sharpen his wrath Lance and Two grating stones to sharpen his Bifrost Blades.

Strapping the lance to his back and the daggers into his belt he LEAVES THE BUILDING.