Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran slumps down behind the remains of the table that had been his fortress during the fight. "What a mess." He looks at Torald and Petaldan as he heaves himself up to his feet and brushes of the dust that had settled on the brim of his hat. He looks at Sküld. "Any idea what to do now?" he nods to Torald and Petaldan. "Are you fine? I sure would like my weapon back..."

Aw man, that was a mess indeed. Shooting fireballs is great fun and all, but I do prefer to have my weapons back. These men shouldn't have fought us. That Fervent guy had the right idea. Torald thinks for a moment.  Petaldan, you okay? Ezeran, some lovely spellwork from you. Time to find your Oracle, Sküld. 

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

15432199980_b5a4515710_t.jpg

"If you didn't just hear those watchmen, we are closed. You'd best all figure out where you're going, because you sure aren't staying here. This ain't no inn."

The matron's eyes widen at the sight of the coin.
15432199980_b5a4515710_t.jpg
"Tell you what, you fork over the loot from the bodies, we'll consider ourselves even

Germ's eyes narrowed at the fat creature. Basically spitting at his offer of help. Then he saw why, she was greedy. Basically getting what looked like 200 Gold and she wants more. Thinking, "This place was not that badly mess up, greedy cow, pig, thing." "I need to get off this planet." "And way from these fools." 

Oops! As he tries to kick a empty tables over but all it did was wobble back and forth. Maybe those Grumpkins are right about this place. This place is a "Kre-O", it sure smells like one. Maybe, this place should get shut down. 

As he addresses the "party". I think we should hang on to the Potions at the very least. Let me know what you want to do (for the splitting up part). But maybe the pacifist should form up into one team and me on the other. Then heads for the door to retrieve his weapons hoping that their will not be any major issues getting them back. 

Petaldan approach the Copper Fox.

"Sir, I quested with Mr Matthias before, and I have been observing his methods of healing people. I think we will need more healers if we are to go far, so I would like to become a paladin. I think if you would train me very quickly in the art of healing I could, possibly, learn as I go."

Pretzel seizes Torald and Ezeran.

"Are you folks going after the Oracle? I got a lead that you may find her to the northwest of here. That's the best I can do for you. Do either of you have a Magic Compass? If so, I suggest you use it."

I turn to the others.

"I'll go with the party to see Ulric. I can't say I have much faith in the plan, but the more faces they see of people whom they respect, the more likely they are to help in some way."

I nod to Karie in appreciation for her help with the Smelling Salts.

17 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Pretzel swaps his Armour of the Dark Arts for his Order Imperial Prophet's Armour and then uses command on Fervent to say the following:

"Well done," he says as the pats the monk on the shoulder, walking past him to retrieve his equipment.

With Zoot's Order still in his hand, Hoke walks through and past everyone else, straight to Kukulkan and Jacq

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

38801308774_c6cbe93c09_t.jpg
"Heroes, what you did here... how you... Jacq and I owe you a debt."

The Copper Fox shakily takes to his feet.

38801308854_e9e23485af_t.jpg
"Aye, stickin' up for the two of us. I trained each and everyone of you and now to have you helping us. Can't say I blame any of you for your anger with the way we veterans botched things up. We'll make right on it though... If you'll let us."

"Yes, you do," Hoke starts, using a voice of Command,"You can begin by telling us what's going on and why you are agents of the Wolfgang."

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham passes by Thorlar as he goes to speak to the others. "We're good," he assures the dwarf before drawing up next to Eric and Hoke. "Which way are you chaps leaning? Can't tell if I want you watching my back or making sure everyone else pulls out of this." Boomingham laughs. "It's funny. You can die for some forty odd years, become immune for only, what, six, and suddenly you're mortal again and it seems the most unnatural thing in the world."

"Aye, I'm with you.  Mayhaps us two, Atramor, Althior, Rone, Karie, the Giant, and Eric?  We need to split our strengths and healers evenly."

(I say we split into at least two parties: one of level 30+ and one of Sub-level 30.  Should be easier for WBD to balance battles that way instead of having a level 40 and level 20 or 15 in the same party.  Thoughts?)

Edited by UsernameMDM

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"I'll go with the party to see Ulric. I can't say I have much faith in the plan, but the more faces they see of people whom they respect, the more likely they are to help in some way."

I nod to Karie in appreciation for her help with the Smelling Salts.

Karie nods back. "I'm merely doing what I would hope others would do when I need the assistance."

46 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Aye, I'm with you.  Mayhaps us two, Atramor, Althior, Rone, Karie, the Giant, and Eric?  We need to split our strengths and healers evenly."

"Unless you guys are going to see Ulric, I'm not going with you. I don't think you want me and Lawrence in the same group anyways." Karie grins at Hoke, masking her contempt for Lawrence.

Edited by Kintobor

7 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

He looks at Sküld. "Any idea what to do now?"

Sküld comes out of hiding along with Bookmark.
38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"To the oracle's?"

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Germ's eyes narrowed at the fat creature. Basically spitting at his offer of help. Then he saw why, she was greedy. Basically getting what looked like 200 Gold and she wants more. Thinking, "This place was not that badly mess up, greedy cow, pig, thing." "I need to get off this planet." "And way from these fools." 

Oops! As he tries to kick a empty tables over but all it did was wobble back and forth. Maybe those Grumpkins are right about this place. This place is a "Kre-O", it sure smells like one. Maybe, this place should get shut down. 

As he addresses the "party". I think we should hang on to the Potions at the very least. Let me know what you want to do (for the splitting up part). But maybe the pacifist should form up into one team and me on the other. Then heads for the door to retrieve his weapons hoping that their will not be any major issues getting them back. 

Germ ducking outside sees his weapons along with the rest of the party's gear overflowing from a much to small barrel, the ogre no where to be seen. Overhead, the demon spots the silhouette of a huge dragon, black against the darkening sky, it's gigantic wings unfurled, slowly spiraling above the hovels as if hunting for something.

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"Sir, I quested with Mr Matthias before, and I have been observing his methods of healing people. I think we will need more healers if we are to go far, so I would like to become a paladin. I think if you would train me very quickly in the art of healing I could, possibly, learn as I go."

"Petaldan, lad, becoming a paladin is more about faith than training. I watched you fighting, your hope and optimism surely stem from a deeply rooted belief that things will work out for good for those who pursue it. Your true desire for peace, perhaps at even cost to your own life is a testament to your selflessness. Focus upon that, channel that, and I guarantee you that you will indeed be a paladin, a beacon of hope to those around you."

petaldan_parfenius.jpg Paladin Petaldan Parfenius (Played by Palathadric)
5-year-old male "wonder" Paladin
Level 15.5 *Immune to *Stunned*, *Bound*, *Petrified*
Power Bonus: +3
Defense: 11
Health: 26/26
Gold: 248

17 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Yes, you do," Hoke starts, using a voice of Command,"You can begin by telling us what's going on and why you are agents of the Wolfgang."

Kukulkan replies in a commanding voice of his own.
"Careful Ablesword, enough anger and bloodshed has ruled this day already, let us converse not demand." The orc pauses for a moment. "Jacq and I are both as clueless as the rest of you to the Founders return. By all estimates they should be dead, The Fey One being the exception. As for the Wolfgang... they have taken more steps to help my people in this city than any other organization, even the one which I so faithfully served. Jacq though..."

"Don't sugar coat it Kukulkan, I knew the Wolfgang before I joined Heroica form my days on the streets. Ulric was the best thing that happened to them and when he said he needed eyes on the inside of Heroica to train new recruits, I volunteered. Nothing criminal mind you, just a two way street for information."

14 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Kukulkan replies in a commanding voice of his own.
"Careful Ablesword, enough anger and bloodshed has ruled this day already, let us converse not demand." The orc pauses for a moment. "Jacq and I are both as clueless as the rest of you to the Founders return. By all estimates they should be dead, The Fey One being the exception. As for the Wolfgang... they have taken more steps to help my people in this city than any other organization, even the one which I so faithfully served. Jacq though..."

"Don't sugar coat it Kukulkan, I knew the Wolfgang before I joined Heroica form my days on the streets. Ulric was the best thing that happened to them and when he said he needed eyes on the inside of Heroica to train new recruits, I volunteered. Nothing criminal mind you, just a two way street for information."

"Hmmm...this all stinks to the highest heavens.  Every single bit of it."

Hoke felt like he would get nothing more out of these two, so he turned to his fellow Heroicans.

23 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Unless you guys are going to see Ulric, I'm not going with you. I don't think you want me and Lawrence in the same group anyways." Karie grins at Hoke, masking her contempt for Lawrence.

"As you say then, suit yourself.  What say the rest of you?  How should be go out?"

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Are you folks going after the Oracle? I got a lead that you may find her to the northwest of here. That's the best I can do for you. Do either of you have a Magic Compass? If so, I suggest you use it."

Aye. Thanks for the lead. Torald looks around in his bag. Nope, don't have something that looks like a Compass. Do you have one Ezeran? 

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Congratulations Petaldan! Paladin Petaldan, sounds good!

16 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Aye. Thanks for the lead. Torald looks around in his bag. Nope, don't have something that looks like a Compass. Do you have one Ezeran? 

Congratulations Petaldan! Paladin Petaldan, sounds good!

"I actually wanted to train as a Mystic Knight...but then I realized that we were short on healers...and I do like to heal people, if I can."

"Let's make sure each party has a Magic Compass, so we have no problem finding each other."

"I'll be going to look for the Oracle. Atramor seems to want to go to the Dragon House, which seems as good a place as any to start as well. We need to rally power and information. Karie will lead the team to Ulric. I think it's simply best to have everyone sound off their intention immediately so we can move swiftly."

To the Oracle
Boomingham
Torald (?)
Hoke (?)

To Ulric
Karie
Monk Pretzel
Kiray

To the Dragon House (or the Hovels)
Atramor

OoC: I understand wanting to split the party for balance but I trust WBD to figure it out - we don't have too massive a disparity save for the few tanks who make it impossible no matter who they're paired with, so I think everyone should just pick what they're most interested in! But that's just my two cents.

8 minutes ago, Zepher said:

To the Oracle
Boomingham
Torald (?)
Hoke (?)

To Ulric
Karie
Monk Pretzel
Kiray

To the Dragon House (or the Hovels)
Atramor

Can someone fill me in real quick on the reasons for each destination?

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Thanks for the lead! We will probably look it up! I don't believe we have a magic compass but we could always head to the marketplace on our way!"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Sküld comes out of hiding along with Bookmark.
38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"To the oracle's?"

Germ ducking outside sees his weapons along with the rest of the party's gear overflowing from a much to small barrel, the ogre no where to be seen. Overhead, the demon spots the silhouette of a huge dragon, black against the darkening sky, it's gigantic wings unfurled, slowly spiraling above the hovels as if hunting for something.

"Petaldan, lad, becoming a paladin is more about faith than training. I watched you fighting, your hope and optimism surely stem from a deeply rooted belief that things will work out for good for those who pursue it. Your true desire for peace, perhaps at even cost to your own life is a testament to your selflessness. Focus upon that, channel that, and I guarantee you that you will indeed be a paladin, a beacon of hope to those around you."

Turning once more to Sküld Ezeran rubs his chin and asks: "Any clue where to start? Is the Oracle forced in to hiding somewhere special?"

Hearing the Copper Fox dubbing Petaldan to become a paladin Ezerans face lights up with almost paternal pride. "The Copper Fox is wise, you were already a Paladin in all but the job description, you encompass so much good!" 

1 hour ago, Alfadas said:

"Sorry, but I haven't had a reason to pick one up. Should we head to the marketplace to stock up on essentials?"

6 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

Can someone fill me in real quick on the reasons for each destination?

Searching for the oracle because the kind NPC hinted at it. :laugh:

50 minutes ago, Zepher said:

OoC: I understand wanting to split the party for balance but I trust WBD to figure it out - we don't have too massive a disparity save for the few tanks who make it impossible no matter who they're paired with, so I think everyone should just pick what they're most interested in! But that's just my two cents.

QM Note: This, don't worry about balance, go where your characters would like, I've still got some tricks up my sleeve.  :wink: 

37 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

QM Note: This, don't worry about balance, go where your characters would like, I've still got some tricks up my sleeve.  :wink: 

You got it!  

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

"I'll be going to look for the Oracle. Atramor seems to want to go to the Dragon House, which seems as good a place as any to start as well. We need to rally power and information. Karie will lead the team to Ulric. I think it's simply best to have everyone sound off their intention immediately so we can move swiftly."

To the Oracle
Boomingham
Torald (?)
Hoke (?)

"The Dragon House," Hoke says to himself, thinking,"Let me know what y'all decide.  I will go where I am needed."

Hoke gathers his gear and steps outside.

Edited by UsernameMDM

"Torald, Ezeran, and I are going to find the Oracle with Skuld." Petaldan declares boldly.

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

"Sorry, but I haven't had a reason to pick one up. Should we head to the marketplace to stock up on essentials?"

No problem, me neither. But heading to the Marketplace sounds like a good idea! 

26 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"Torald, Ezeran, and I are going to find the Oracle with Skuld." Petaldan declares boldly.

Aye!

12 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Atramor, you're not going to like this, but I have a favour to ask. For the good of the team.

Can I get a loan?

Here me out.  Rone pulls out his shards of mythril. I have more than enough here to make a complete crystal. With some extra coin, I can boost my crossbow up to 30 WP, and then 40 with the mythril. And this crossbow fires three ways. That's a lot of firepower going out. With a bit of improvement, my Mockthrill bow could be a crazy secondary for when its necessary, but that's less of a concern to me.

Atramor tosses Dyric a pouch of 1240 gold. "Don't spend it all in...actually, aye, mate, spend it all at the forge. Mind comin' with me and Hoke to the Dragon House after? Can't say why, but I feel a fair bit luckier with other rogues 'round."

Edited by CMP

11 minutes ago, CMP said:

Atramor tosses Dyric a pouch of 1240 gold. "Don't spend it all in...actually, aye, mate, spend it all at the forge. Mind comin' with me and Hoke to the Dragon House after? Can't say why, but I feel a fair bit luckier with other rogues 'round."

Rone catches the pouch, feeling its heft.  Yeah, that was my thinking. I must say, it's good to fight at your side again. Reminds me of simpler times. Oh, on that note, when we're less pressed for time, I should pull you aside. I have a message you'd like to hear.

Hey, Karie. Good play with the matron. And keep an eye, you hear? I don't trust the Wolfgang, and I must trust those Veterans even less. 

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The Copper Fox shakily takes to his feet.

"Aye, stickin' up for the two of us. I trained each and everyone of you and now to have you helping us. Can't say I blame any of you for your anger with the way we veterans botched things up. We'll make right on it though... If you'll let us."

"It was more about sticking it to the law than sticking up for you, Fox", Eric grunted as he was softly pushing over some of the bodies on the floor to look for more loot.

13 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham passes by Thorlar as he goes to speak to the others. "We're good," he assures the dwarf before drawing up next to Eric and Hoke. "Which way are you chaps leaning? Can't tell if I want you watching my back or making sure everyone else pulls out of this." Boomingham laughs. "It's funny. You can die for some forty odd years, become immune for only, what, six, and suddenly you're mortal again and it seems the most unnatural thing in the world."

The Nord smiled as his old acquaintance drew closer. "I'm actually curious to know what is going in the Bonaparte Fortress, excuse me: 'Fort Freedom'." Eric could barely subdue his laughter at the name and was sure to make air quotes to further undermine the fortress' name while saying it. "That's where things are being orchestrated, right?"

"I don't really care much about Ulric and his politics. At least not anymore. I've had my stint with the Gang. I could tag along to the Oracle and see if we can get anything out of here."

Eric turned around and made sure to pat small Petaldan on the head. "Thanks for your assistance in the battle. Many kids would lose their cool in situations such as that. I appreciate it."

10 minutes ago, Khorne said:

"It was more about sticking it to the law than sticking up for you, Fox", Eric grunted as he was softly pushing over some of the bodies on the floor to look for more loot.

"Why not both?" Kiray asks as she drinks a nostrum.

24 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"Why not both?" Kiray asks as she drinks a nostrum.

Eric feigned a looked of disbelief and chuckled. "Why not both? Lady, that's just not how I operate. I don't trust the Fox nor do I trust Ulric, so I honestly couldn't care less about their situation. I'm all about preserving my own skin. The Town Guard tried to impose their will upon us free citizens, so I stuck it to them." The Nord looked at Natnail's sword in his hand and raised an eyebrow. "Or I would've stuck it to them if it weren't for this lousy blade. Anyways, taking care of the Guard just happened to coincide with "defending" the Orc and the Copper Fox. Doesn't mean I was sticking up for them. I was sticking up for myself."

He looked around the bar. "Can I still get a drink here, or...?"

39 minutes ago, Khorne said:

The Nord smiled as his old acquaintance drew closer. "I'm actually curious to know what is going in the Bonaparte Fortress, excuse me: 'Fort Freedom'." Eric could barely subdue his laughter at the name and was sure to make air quotes to further undermine the fortress' name while saying it. "That's where things are being orchestrated, right?"

"I don't really care much about Ulric and his politics. At least not anymore. I've had my stint with the Gang. I could tag along to the Oracle and see if we can get anything out of here."

Eric turned around and made sure to pat small Petaldan on the head. "Thanks for your assistance in the battle. Many kids would lose their cool in situations such as that. I appreciate it."

“Looks like we’ll be playing baby sitter,” chirps Boomingham, runningy his eye over Torald, Ezeran, and Petaldan, all heroes he didn’t know. “I’d appreciate the help.”

Matthias plants himself next to Dyric and Atramor. "I'll follow with the Dragoon to the Dragon House."

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Well at least I don't have to deal with him. Maybe I should keep an eye everyone else stuff. As Germ is making a mental count of his weapons as they are getting put away. That is when he spotted the "dragon" and then spotted Hoke...

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke gathers his gear and steps outside.

You might want to pass this on. But I just spotted a big "dragon". And from the looks of it, it was hunting for something. 

14 hours ago, Zepher said:

"We're good,"

"Thank you."

14 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Throlar." Karie calls to the dwarf, grinning cheekily. She'd never adventured with the mouthy diplomat, but Karie seemed optimistic, seeing as how he was always open for a conversation in the hall. "You're a diplomat. You want to come along with this motley crew to potentially assure an alliance to restore some semblance of sanity to this city?" 

"I was actually planning on volunteering anyway, there are some things I'd like to talk about with the Copper Fox."

Throlar looked around at the bodies lying around the bar, shook his head sadly, and began looking to see if any of them were still alive.

Edited by Lord Duvors