Miro78

Star Wars Midifigure Revival

My first build of 2018. It's been too long since I worked on the Midifigures. It was time for an update with better leg, arm and head articulation with a complete head to toe redesign. Something I have been wanting to do since their inception. I present you with my favorite Star Wars character Princess Leia. More characters to come.

Let me know what you think.

38557290535_011b4f1c4d_z.jpg

24569147247_3a0f502a77_z.jpg

25565213448_72f7eec8dc_z.jpg

Wow!  It looks great, and the articulation is really well done while keeping the aesthetics & scale in good balance.  Bravo!  Looking forward to seeing more.  :sweet:

This is really cool. So much better than the official brickheadz. She looks very cute and spot on.:classic:

19 hours ago, deraven said:

Wow!  It looks great, and the articulation is really well done while keeping the aesthetics & scale in good balance.  Bravo!  Looking forward to seeing more.  :sweet:

18 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

This is really cool. So much better than the official brickheadz. She looks very cute and spot on.:classic:

Thank you both. I am currently updating my old version 1 midifigures, and here is my next one, Luke from Hoth Battle scene in his orange jumper suit, or better known to my youngest son as an Orange Guy.

38746317734_20fdb562cb_z.jpg

16 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Miro, as always, incredible❤️

Thank you.

Third Midifigure of this year is Darth Vader. The force is strong with this one.

39442597622_008a77f04c_z.jpg

On 1/4/2018 at 10:51 AM, Praetorian_Guard said:

Realy great. Especially the usage of the Macaroni pieces in the Luke figure.

Thank you.

Couple more Midifigs completed from a famous Mos Eisley cantina scene. Finished them in nick of time for BricksLA convention. I will photograph them properly soon, but here they are as they were displayed.

39550563732_d2ef01c16e_z.jpg

25686648268_d5f0a07bd3_z.jpg

these remind me so much of the LEGO Star Wars original Trilogy video game. You have them posed exactly how they move in the game.

Very nice! About how big are these (in size and number of pieces)? They look much better than the pseudo-midifigures in the marvel sets.

4 hours ago, Smitty500 said:

these remind me so much of the LEGO Star Wars original Trilogy video game. You have them posed exactly how they move in the game.

Ha, funny you mention that, because that is exactly what I was envisioning when I was designing them. I still love to playing that game. We have the Complete Sage Episodes I-VI version on our old Wii.

3 hours ago, DarthHank said:

Very nice! About how big are these (in size and number of pieces)? They look much better than the pseudo-midifigures in the marvel sets.

Thanks. They are about 6x upscaled, I think 14-15 cm tall. I don't have a piece count just yet, but I will post it when they are digitized. The actual piece count will vary from figure to figure, but I would think they easily top the 250+ if not up to 300-400 part count if I had to take a guess.