Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

Minerary Office

Even if Astrapi silver lore promises to be incredibly rich, the excavation of the mine is taking longer than expected due to continuous water damages: usual mining techniques seem to be uneffective and traditional water pumps are completely powerless aganist the flow of water and mud invading new tunnels.

For this reason Tristan Ribaud, the owner of the mining area, decided to organise in the offices in the future mine a meeting with representatives of several foreign nations, in order to promote technological exchange in minerary field, but also to extabilish new routes to unusual commercial partners.

24544724577_597f25f9ff_m.jpg

Samples of raw minerals and refined silver from the lore are displayed as partial guarantee of Astrapi underground riches, but the most valuable "goods" exchanged in this meeting are engeering solutions in mining business: infrastructures like Ribaud Canal, water pumps in Varcoastan mines, Maharajah's Foundry in Northern Mokolei Empire, or innovative techniques, like the "oculate use" of explosives in Argentia prospects, in fact, could be adapted to different conditions, terrains and enviroments in order tosolve problems, increase productivity and reduce material, but also human costs.

27633387299_4a30f087ba_z.jpg

The meeting was friendly, and a treaty for future technological cooperation was signed: with a bit of luck, Astrapi silver mine, but also different projects in foreign countries will soon be completed, overcoming obstacles that seemed insurmontable before. 
Political issues and reciprocal mistrust, however, will make everything harder, since a richer nation (and a nation with better mines is obviously richer) can afford a stronger army and could eventually invade its same helper!

24544739207_761512961c_z.jpg
From left to right:  Salleekan ambassador, a WTC representative, Tristan Rimbaud (from Oleon), a Mololei vassal and a Varcoastan officer.

25540563258_5894330f82_z.jpg

Vincent Leroy, designer of Rimbaud Canal, talking to a Mokolei vassal (with his bodyguard).

24544746937_aa8f4476a1_z.jpg

Tristan Rimbaud with the Varcoastan and WTC representatives.

27633370559_5db454ab7e_z.jpg

A WTC marine and a Varcoastan pandur near to a cabinet of fine liquors... probably something dangerous!

38702485504_c90fdd14a5_z.jpg

A cartographer presenting his job about Ribaud Canal.

38532386975_ab5f08cc51_z.jpg

A miner receiving his salary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Mesabi, I just realised that a treaty signed is probably more official than what we had agreed about, even if it won't have any real implication... actually I needed a reason to justify the presence of so many foreigners and why I'm so late building my mine; feel free to ask me to modify/delete something.

I think there are no problems with the other nations involved, since most of them are not "in use"  and, as I said, the treaty doesn't have any practical purpose; if it's a problem for somebody or for the rules, I'll modify that immediately.

Edited by Keymonus

The WTC approves! :pir-grin::thumbup:

Seriously, a beautiful build, both the outside and the interior. The different scenes shown work well together for the story. My favourite parts are the furniture (I will steal a lot of those ideas) and this:

50 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

27633370559_5db454ab7e_z.jpg

A WTC marine and a Varcoastan pandur near to a cabinet of fine liquors... probably something dangerous!

:laugh:

I look forward to the IC continuation of this. Would you mind if I include Tristan in my coal mine build (probably not before the end of January)?

P.S.: Where does that Mokolei minifig come from?

Edited by Drunknok

Keymonus you are seriously improving your building style and your story writing over time! As with the canal, this MOC is very well made and I really liked the liquor cabinet (bottles behind glass) and the "cashier" stand (with all those tidbits on it)!!

Fantastic build Keymonus! I really like all the parts of the build. All of the furniture turned out great, and the building is fantastic as well. I'd love to see more pictures, especially of the whole build.

And thanks for using the WTC in your build, it's always a joy to see people using my corporation. :blush:

Beautiful build, both inside and out. I like how you got some good texture on the exterior without using any out-of-the-ordinary pieces. And the interior has some wonderful furniture and details. Good minifigs/characters, too, with good choice of heads and torsos. Well done! :thumbup:

Thank you @Drunknok! If you have the parts you can use my character in your MOC, otherwise you are free to use a representative (any reasonable Oleander would fit well :classic:); if "I" had to say something important or you had any doubt, you could PM me!

The Mokolei is dressed as series 13 king minifigure with a Scottish hat (seen from below); honestly I don't know where the face comes from!

Thank you @blackdeathgr, @Mesabi and @Capt Wolf, the furniture and minifigs were actualy the funniest to build!

I am always impressed when someone can build a seamless inside/outside facade.  Great job.  You make me wish I owned more tan bricks.

That drinks cabinet is another slice of awesome.

I echo with the others, a wonderful build, and the interior is really great!

Superb idea, and really well executed. I like this a lot, fantastic!

Now some more mines is all we need. :-) 

On 1/1/2018 at 2:32 PM, Keymonus said:

@Mesabi I just realised that a treaty signed is probably more official than what we had agreed about, even if it won't have any real implication... actually I needed a reason to justify the presence of so many foreigners and why I'm so late building my mine; feel free to ask me to modify/delete something.

I think there are no problems with the other nations involved, since most of them are not "in use"  and, as I said, the treaty doesn't have any practical purpose; if it's a problem for somebody or for the rules, I'll modify that immediately.

Ah, don't worry about it. The WTC's use/abuse of mining explosives makes us very willing to share mining techniques and technologies. We are happy to agree to any such agreement. Just don't make me regret it! :pir-grin:

Thank you @Kwatchi and @Bodi!

On 3/1/2018 at 2:09 PM, Elostirion said:

Superb idea, and really well executed. I like this a lot, fantastic!

Now some more mines is all we need. :-) 

Thank you @Elostirion, as soon as possible I’ll build a silver mine here in Astrapi.

Perfect @Mesabi, probably the WTC will earn something too, but we’ll see that in the future (that is: if in @Drunknok’s mine Tristan or his representative did something useful :grin:)