Oh yes, I did not understand, thank you!

In any case, it is undoubtedly much cheaper to buy the pieces individually than by seeking to acquire these two sets, even if they can each provide other pieces necessary for the realization of the TIE Fighter.

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

Oh yes, I did not understand, thank you!

In any case, it is undoubtedly much cheaper to buy the pieces individually than by seeking to acquire these two sets, even if they can each provide other pieces necessary for the realization of the TIE Fighter.

Right, but his point was that because they are in production, you can get them through Bricks and Pieces (where they are both cheaper and more available than through Bricklink).

48 minutes ago, TemjinStrife said:

Right, but his point was that because they are in production, you can get them through Bricks and Pieces (where they are both cheaper and more available than through Bricklink).

Ah, that's it I got it! Sorry for my misunderstanding!
Thanks for the advice.

20 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Yes, sorry I did not see ...
Thank you for this warning!

Is the price difference much higher on the LEGO shop than on Bricklink? Are all the existing LEGO parts can be found on the official shop?
I do not know how to proceed at best.

Think of this this way: LEGO is the official dealer and Bricklink is a huge market where everyone can sell and buy pieces without any regulation. I am both happy and sad to be successful enough to cause visible dent on the market!

You can get them from shop.lego.com for $.57 each. 

Supertruper1988's suggestion is right. Bricklink prices react to market demand, but LEGO as a top-level supplier remains unaffected. I guess over time it will be better to go for LEGO shop for pieces, especially considering they generally have good prices, just long delivery time.

Big thanks again for appreciation, and please say whatever suggestion on the builds&instructions you guys come up with. Everything helps! 
I might be a MOCer since ever, but instructions and planning for other people building my designs... this is entirely new thing!

Cheers!

Jerac, any teases for upcoming designs? :)

BTW just built your TIE Bomber; the sleek design is absolutely stunning and comes at no sacrifice to swooshability, which is much appreciated!

6 hours ago, DomMk said:

Jerac, any teases for upcoming designs? :)

BTW just built your TIE Bomber; the sleek design is absolutely stunning and comes at no sacrifice to swooshability, which is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Teaser... hm. So it is very common, but also very hard. It is small but big, depending how you look at it. And it has a freakin wobble problem I am trying to fix, which is why it got delayed that much :D

17 minutes ago, Jerac said:

Thanks!

Teaser... hm. So it is very common, but also very hard. It is small but big, depending how you look at it. And it has a freakin wobble problem I am trying to fix, which is why it got delayed that much :D

B-Wing?

Any plans to do the TIE Brute from the Solo movie? Or just include it as an option with the regular TIE?

On 1/2/2018 at 7:31 PM, Jerac said:

Thanks! I am glad you like them!

Any wish list for the next TIE variant?

tie defender. the old one needs to be updated

does any one have any ideas on converting the lego 75211 tie fighter into an interceptor?

On 6/29/2018 at 6:18 PM, Jerac said:

That's a solid riddle Jerac! :D Sounds a bit like an X-Wing but I think it'll turn out to be something else.

Good luck fixing the wobble!! :)

JarJarBonks: Agreed, the TIE/D makes sense and most of the design is directly adaptable from the Interceptor. Although perhaps the pilot bubble would have to be substantially rebuilt since the two horizontal pylons keep the model together to a large extent.

I finally got around to making Jerac's Tie.  I must say, the design is most impressive.  I don't know how on earth he thought of parts of it but it's fantastic.  I decided to try to take the wings from my Tie fighter and see if I could transfer in Jerac's cockpit and struts.  I'm quite pleased with the final look.

DSC-4014.jpg

DSC-4016.jpg

Edited by Schneeds

This is looking super good!

Would you have anything against using it in an update for the design?

On 5/3/2020 at 2:23 AM, Schneeds said:

I finally got around to making Jerac's Tie.  I must say, the design is most impressive.  I don't know how on earth he thought of parts of it but it's fantastic.  I decided to try to take the wings from my Tie fighter and see if I could transfer in Jerac's cockpit and struts.  I'm quite pleased with the final look.

Those brick modified 2877 make the solar panels look so much better. Brings back a bit of structure to @Jerac's perfect snot design.

14 hours ago, Jerac said:

This is looking super good!

Would you have anything against using it in an update for the design?

Not at all!  This version might not be as solid as your original, but it's still swooshable.  You could probably figure out a better way for the connections than I did.  I'll try to post a few pictures that show it in detail this week. 

The biggest dealbreaker for me would be making the struts so thick (3 plates now), buuuuuuuuuuuuut, I can now see the appeal of it. Maybe there is a way to make it viable in 2 plate-thick struts somehow. Even if there would be some gaps?

I really like your designs Jerac, I think one of them will be my first MOC build. I have a couple of questions:

1) I can see that ecmo47 has made some DIY stands. Are instructions available anywhere or can anyone recommend a stand that isn’t made out of Lego?

2) At present Brick Vault sells the instructions for the Tie Fighter, Interceptor, Bomber and Advanced bundled together for a discounted price per ship. Do you know if there are any plans to incorporate your Tie Defender into a multipack along with the other ships?

On 5/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, Csaba said:

I really like your designs Jerac, I think one of them will be my first MOC build. I have a couple of questions:

1) I can see that ecmo47 has made some DIY stands. Are instructions available anywhere or can anyone recommend a stand that isn’t made out of Lego?

2) At present Brick Vault sells the instructions for the Tie Fighter, Interceptor, Bomber and Advanced bundled together for a discounted price per ship. Do you know if there are any plans to incorporate your Tie Defender into a multipack along with the other ships?

Thanks!

No stands are included in brickvault instructions package; at the time we weren't doing them. As for ecmo47 stand you'd need to ask him.

As for bundling the Defender as far as I understand there is some trouble with the sales platform. I'll ask.

(Hi... I'm new) superb design work. I've seen it so many times but only now realised it has the angled 1x2 grill bricks incorporated in the wing. Masterful. Have you a Defender? Watched the Rebels episode which re-introduces it recently, and was reminded how much I like it.

Hi everybody, I'm almost finished buying the parts, do you have any suggestion on how to replace 18675pb01? It's like at least 20 euro on bricklink and unavailable from LEGO

1 hour ago, fabiolonardoni said:

Hi everybody, I'm almost finished buying the parts, do you have any suggestion on how to replace 18675pb01? It's like at least 20 euro on bricklink and unavailable from LEGO

The TIE striker hatch is LBG and a decent swap out, plus there are a number in your locale for less than 1e - 18675pb08 

Hey Jerac; I finally got around to building these and love the design. Did you ever figure out a more eloquent solution to the canopy attachment? Mine keeps going wonky if I fidget with it...and it's the only small issue I have in an otherwise masterful creation. I've explored...but haven't found anything I like better yet and thought I would petition the master :)