richiejwalker

Parts difference between UCS MFs 10179 & 75192

Has anyone done a parts list comparison between the old and new UCS Millenium Falcon?

I've previously Bricklinked a 10179 and wonder if I can use it as a basis for 75192. The cockpit, gun turret glass and 'chess' table have all appeared on Bricklink. As have the grey mast riggings at an affordable cost. Though I think I'd go with Scottish Dave's engine mod. No need to buy a radar dish because I'll do the square TFA version. Currently got a DBG one.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Rebrickable is your best friend!

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/?1-set=10179-1&1-inv=6409&1-user_list=&2-set=75192-1&2-user_list=

2182 parts in common (164 unique) that appear in both  10179-1 Millennium Falcon - UCS and  75192-1 UCS Millennium Falcon (excluding spare parts).
3013 parts (224 unique) are in  10179-1 Millennium Falcon - UCS that are not in  75192-1 UCS Millennium Falcon (excluding spare parts).
5354 parts (578 unique) are in 
 75192-1 UCS Millennium Falcon that are not in  10179-1 Millennium Falcon - UCS (excluding spare parts).

Thanks Theo, hadn't realised that was there. I was kind of hoping there was more in common. Though I'm not bothered about the internal structure colours so I can probably make changes/saves there.

I am Bricklinking old Falcon to new Falcon myself, and comparing the parts lists (from rebrickable.com) there's A LOT of parts which have changed colour. I believe this is because sets these days use coloured pieces internally to help you locate and orientate, so it's been modernised.

Still, about 50% of the pieces are not common between the models so be prepared to buy a lot.

Costing me about $370 for the additional parts, not including the 6 new designs which I'm waiting (and hoping) to appear on Lego's Bricks & Pieces site in February.
I've made 4 Bricklink orders and only have the 1 Lego Bricks & Pieces order to go for 450 of the rarest parts ($95).

Note that I have more than just the 10179 to source parts from, so yours might cost more.

13 hours ago, bmerigan said:

I am Bricklinking old Falcon to new Falcon myself, and comparing the parts lists (from rebrickable.com) there's A LOT of parts which have changed colour. I believe this is because sets these days use coloured pieces internally to help you locate and orientate, so it's been modernised.

Still, about 50% of the pieces are not common between the models so be prepared to buy a lot.

Costing me about $370 for the additional parts, not including the 6 new designs which I'm waiting (and hoping) to appear on Lego's Bricks & Pieces site in February.
I've made 4 Bricklink orders and only have the 1 Lego Bricks & Pieces order to go for 450 of the rarest parts ($95).

Note that I have more than just the 10179 to source parts from, so yours might cost more.

Hmmm, seems cheaper just to sell your old Falcon and buy the new one :grin:

12 minutes ago, TWP said:

Hmmm, seems cheaper just to sell your old Falcon and buy the new one :grin:

I Bricklinked the old one too.

I just keep adding onto the brick collection what I need to build another model.  So I can't build multiple models at the same time but I have the required parts to build the AT-AT, AT-ST, Clone Turbo Tank, TIE, Venator, Super Star Destroyer, and Millennium Falcon.

Would it make sense to buy some sets in lieu of purchasing all parts on Bricklink? See what current sets have the parts you need, especially if they have a high proportion of the needed parts in the set's inventory. Even if you only use half of the parts, you are still breaking even. I think Rebrickable can help with seeing what sets would help supplement those needed parts. You might need to create a Private MOC with inventory of the parts needed first. Otherwise you can go old school and just browse inventory of current Star Wars sets for parts similarities. Worth looking into in my opinion, as this will also save on shipping costs from Bricklink stores.

That's a good idea.  Doesn't work this time sadly. 

Just ran the remaining list through Rebrickable. There's no existing sets that contain more than 25% of the parts I require, and all the sets listed are more expensive than just buying the pieces from Lego directly.

Here's an update for the Bricklinkers.

I placed my last part order yesterday at LEGO Bricks & Piecex for parts which were not as readily available on Bricklink.

I also emailed LEGO asking about the availability of the new cockpit window pieces. They tell me that the cockpit window pieces will never be available to purchase individually as LEGO are not licensed by Disney to sell them.   Major disappointment.

Not sure what I will do for those last few pieces. Can't justify spending over $100 on them. Thinking might need to MOC something, maybe blend in the original 10179.

Here's some of the swaps you can do to save a heap of money buying the new parts that are in this set.

8x   Shield Rectangular with 4 Studs
Swap 30166 ($10) for 30166pb01 (Nexo Knights print) ($1) - save $72

2x   Dish 6 x 6 Inverted - No Studs with Handle with SW Millennium Falcon Cannon Window Pattern
Swap 18675pb14 ($51) for 18675pb02 (from Tie fighter) ($1.30) - save $100

1x  Dish 6 x 6 Inverted (Radar) - Solid Studs with Radial Millennium Falcon Cockpit Pattern
Swap 44375bpb08 ($55) for 44375b (not printed) ($3.30) - save $52

I’ve finally made a firm start on this. I’ve paid €48 (including postage) for all of the parts that have stickers applied to come printed from Steindrucker.de . Having received these parts I can say the quality of the prints onto genuine Lego is superb. I’ve also bought all of the unique cockpit glass parts, the LBG cockpit lower cone and the ‘chessboard’ from ‘AW’s Brick Collection’ on BrickLink shipped from Germany to the uk for €94. With my custom 10179 and my own stock I’m confident I can build a 75192 for not much than an additional £150. I’ll keep you informed.