Charlatan Bay, Infero Pordejon seemed like the perfect place to lay low and Captain Gustaf knew exactly how to hide in plain sight.  After a meeting with the powers that be he took to work carving out some more off one of the old caves to build a workshop.  The cave keeps the shop supplies secure and the stone removed was used to build the offices.  

Gustaf figured he'd pay homage to the old nickname Salty Devil and named it the Salty Shipworks.  Gustaf hired an overseer to keep the books and the crew working smoothly that way he can have a more hands on approach with the ships.   Most don't even know he owns the place ... Just think he's a hired hand.

IMG_20171231_205352IMG_20171231_205821IMG_20171231_205602IMG_20171231_205705

James Edwards overseer of Salty Shipworks

IMG_20171231_210134

The crew heads out to start the day including Gustaf who just met with Mr. Edwards to discuss the details on the current build.

Nice shipyard! I like the classic looking of the scene, the trees and the hut, and you even got rails to launch the ship!:thumbup:

I can only echo the others: a lovely scene!

The hut is interesting, I never thought about using those parts like that. My favourite is the ships WIP hull: combining the prefab hull piece with brickbuilt parts works wonderfully.

Some constructive criticism of mine:

• The vegetation on the cliff looks a bit random, and the grass section on the top right looks weird. Nothing serious, personally I just would prefer a more natural look.
  • The transition from land to water on the beach is very abrupt. You could use different colours of blue and sand/tan to make it look more natural, or work with transparent pieces for waves on the shore.

Overall a nice build, I am looking forward to more from you!

8 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice shipyard! I like the classic looking of the scene, the trees and the hut, and you even got rails to launch the ship!:thumbup:

The rails actually support the ship ... Was kinda a requirement of mine.  The bulk of my bricks were purchase prior to 2001 (starting in 87) so im glad the classic translates well.

7 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Very nice indeed, I like the small house/gate full of details

I wanted it to show some form of mason work seeing as the prefab rocks don't offer much lol

48 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I can only echo the others: a lovely scene!

The hut is interesting, I never thought about using those parts like that. My favourite is the ships WIP hull: combining the prefab hull piece with brickbuilt parts works wonderfully.

Some constructive criticism of mine:

• The vegetation on the cliff looks a bit random, and the grass section on the top right looks weird. Nothing serious, personally I just would prefer a more natural look.
  • The transition from land to water on the beach is very abrupt. You could use different colours of blue and sand/tan to make it look more natural, or work with transparent pieces for waves on the shore.

Overall a nice build, I am looking forward to more from you!

When I first thought of it I was just planning on a flat wall at the back of the elevated platform ... It kinda morphed into what it is lol.  I kept kicking the long slope plates aside and finally they sat on some bricks at an angle and I thought maybe they would make a good roof.  I actually spent an hour trying different methods if attaching them until I came up with the method seen ... Well a more crude version which morphed into it.

The hull actually wasn't part of the original plan I was splitting hulls and discovered it works well with the keel and frame.  The chest of tools is actually what secures it to the base.

As far the grass.  I mocked an old picture of mine ... My uncle Carl lived 50' above the Current river just a few miles from where the Jack forks in Van Burren, MO (for anyone that knows the area). The grassy area is actually a flat piece of land ... I didn't take a good angle of it but there's a ladder from the roof of the gate house that leads to a trail up to the winch platform.  

As far as the randomness of the grass on the face of the bluffs its kinda random in my picture to ... Seems that nature doesn't care where it sprouts.  

I do plan to rework the water eventually as I intend this to be part of other stories however I have limited selection currently of sand and even less of trans clear ... I had a 10 brick by 6 brick section done but it looked funny since the rest of the beach wasn't finished. 

I do plan to eventually fill the gap behind the bluffs under the trees with another build. 

But alas I told myself no more Brick Link Orders until the end of January as over the last 2 months I've spent about 200 bucks lol 

But thank you to all for the compliments ... I as well look forward to challenging myself to try new and better things.  As my collection grows again (so many awesome parts since I got out of Lego) I hope to further stylize this build as I mentioned its sorta my Characters home base.

6 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

But alas I told myself no more Brick Link Orders until the end of January as over the last 2 months I've spent about 200 bucks lol

I know exactly what you mean! :sadnew:

Welcome to the Brick Seas, and a great start to it! I have absolutely no criticisms. A medium factory is a great way to start the EGS as well (if you're into that) Good luck to your career in BoBS, and I hope you stick around!

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

Welcome to the Brick Seas, and a great start to it! I have absolutely no criticisms. A medium factory is a great way to start the EGS as well (if you're into that) Good luck to your career in BoBS, and I hope you stick around!

Well I've been around for a couple months now been asking a ton of questions trying to figure out the game lol but as long as real life doesn't flip upside down i should be here awhile lol.  Already a couple in the works so ... But thanks for the compliments.

And I seem to have fallen on good luck seeing as the settlement was needing factories anyhow ... So Im told

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Well I've been around for a couple months now been asking a ton of questions trying to figure out the game lol but as long as real life doesn't flip upside down i should be here awhile lol.  Already a couple in the works so ... But thanks for the compliments.

And I seem to have fallen on good luck seeing as the settlement was needing factories anyhow ... So Im told

Just to choose a faction now :wink:

2 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Just to choose a faction now :wink:

Is that not what happened here? I realized after I posted that there is a Era II thread as well ... Should I repost or?

Just now, Professor Thaum said:

*huh* Arf, my bad... I didn't find it.. I let some eurobricks pages open without refresh too much longer I'm afraid :grin:

No worries im afraid I Do the same ... Seems here lately I have four or more tabs of various threads at any given time ... 

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Should I repost or?

Nice build and interesting story, sir. Innovative use of that split hull.

I would suggest you report (or just quote yourself) in the Era II topic, since that is really where it belongs :)

Welcome - shall be looking forward to following your stories going forward!

You had successfully submitted the form for the Build Submittal and Property License.  Nice work. :thumbup: