This lego great ball contraption module is designed to look like a lego molding machine. Their are flashing lights on the top and a screw mechanism to get the marbles back up to the proper height.

The flashing lights on the top are powered by this switch (They are a bit hard to see in the video)

Lego GBC Molding Factory Module PhotosLego GBC Molding Factory Module Photos

Edited by sawyer klegr

2 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I need this! Any chance of making instructions?

I haven't made instructions for this one because it is not reliable and is very stressful on the motor, if you want to try building one I do have photos of it here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157198303@N02/

8 hours ago, Minique85 said:

Very nice module and idea! 

Thanks ;-) 

I like this module. It’s a nice concept.

It would be good to have hoppers to mock up the supply of material for the moulding. 

Very original idea!!  well done!  Curious as to why it stresses the motor so much.. for what is ultimately a simple open/close mechanism, and a spiral lift...

On 02/01/2018 at 8:34 AM, Boulderer said:

I like this module. It’s a nice concept.

It would be good to have hoppers to mock up the supply of material for the moulding. 

Thanks! I tried to but I couldn't make it look good enough.

On 02/01/2018 at 1:56 PM, RohanBeckett said:

Very original idea!!  well done!  Curious as to why it stresses the motor so much.. for what is ultimately a simple open/close mechanism, and a spiral lift...

Thank you! I am not to sure why, I think it might be because of the stepper at the front. Two of the steps move 5 studs instead of 3.

Great idea! It's a very interesting gizmo to look at. Well done.

Can you give us an overview of the geartrain? Then we might be able to see why it's strained.

On 04/01/2018 at 1:30 AM, Lasse D said:

Great idea! It's a very interesting gizmo to look at. Well done.

Can you give us an overview of the geartrain? Then we might be able to see why it's strained.

Link to the instructions for the newer, more reliable version:  https://youtu.be/xSm9RnFks1A Thank you! Here is a picture of the geartrain, I think the stress is coming from the stepper.

Lego GBC molding machine drivetrain

Edited by sawyer klegr
Link to instructions

That's a really good picture of the mechanism. I'm not so sure it's the stepper since that part of the mechanism is its own "leaf". My best guess is that it is the press mechanism or the spiral since they are quite far from the motor. Is it possible to test where you have disabled one of these two?

28 minutes ago, Lasse D said:

I have tested it and the screw doesn't have much friction in it, but the press does have a bit of friction. I think it could be because of the mechanism with the three 24 tooth gears.

I believe you are correct. Can you perhaps try to have liftarms on both sides of those wheels in order to lock them in? See how @Maico added liftarms on both sides of all the wheels in his Rainbow module. He is in a similar situation where the main mechanism is pretty far from the motor: