Sign in to follow this  
Kozikyo86

[MOD] 75202 V-4X-D Ski Speeder

Hi,

my MOD of new Lego Star Wars set from The Last Jedi - 75202 Defense of Crait. My version is shorter by 4 studies, has better proportions. Currently, the project exists only in LDD. Tell me what you think about this, and if many people want a instruction for this, I try to prepare something.

23 hours ago, aziltz said:

I really like the changes you’ve come up with.

Would you share the LDD file?

probably i'll make a instruction for this modification, but first I must buy set 75202 :)

5 minutes ago, Martini26 said:

Kolejny bardzo dobry mod w Twoim wykonaniu ;)

Please stick to English only, that all of us enjoy your comment :classic:

As for the creation, I like it! You should give yourself some more credit though: you didn't just play around with the proportions,but also made the guns beneath the cockpit look more accurate, for example. It looks great while still very much looking like a real Lego set, so this would benright at home in most people's collections!

Some small tips to maybe improve the model further: I'm a bit confused by your choice of colors for the brackets at the nose of the cockpit. Making both brackets holding the front 2x2 round tile in the same color could give ita more realistic appearance. Also,you have the opporrtunity to capture a detail in your model that I haven't seenin any other MOC of the ski speeder: the detail of the triangular pattern on the sides of the central body. To me, it looks a bit like the pattern of the windows of a Star Destroyer bridge, and it so happens that set 75055 contains a 1x4 light grey tile with exactly that pattern on it (it could just be a sticker, though) covering the bridge. It would be super easy to integreate that part in your build.

Keep up the great work!

6 hours ago, Martini26 said:

Kolejny bardzo dobry mod w Twoim wykonaniu ;)

Thanks! :)

5 hours ago, BEAVeR said:

Please stick to English only, that all of us enjoy your comment :classic:

As for the creation, I like it! You should give yourself some more credit though: you didn't just play around with the proportions,but also made the guns beneath the cockpit look more accurate, for example. It looks great while still very much looking like a real Lego set, so this would benright at home in most people's collections!

Some small tips to maybe improve the model further: I'm a bit confused by your choice of colors for the brackets at the nose of the cockpit. Making both brackets holding the front 2x2 round tile in the same color could give ita more realistic appearance. Also,you have the opporrtunity to capture a detail in your model that I haven't seenin any other MOC of the ski speeder: the detail of the triangular pattern on the sides of the central body. To me, it looks a bit like the pattern of the windows of a Star Destroyer bridge, and it so happens that set 75055 contains a 1x4 light grey tile with exactly that pattern on it (it could just be a sticker, though) covering the bridge. It would be super easy to integreate that part in your build.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! Work in progress, I will build this after my UCS AT-M6, now I'm building only in LDD. I tried to made the detail of the triangular pattern on the sides of the central body, but there are too small... part from 75055 have sticker. I will add a new render in a few days :)

Little update of my modification Ski Speeder, I covered the holes on back, add triangular details on the sides of central body (some air outlets).

Ski Speeder 75202 MOD render 04 jan 2018 ASki Speeder 75202 MOD render 04 jan 2018 B

More on my Flickr or YouTube :)

Hi!

I just finished my MOD of SkiSpeeder - 549 pieces! Soon I add free tutorial on my YouTube channel how to build this with XML list of parts :)

V-4X-D SkiSpeeder MOD

V-4X-D SkiSpeeder MOD

V-4X-D SkiSpeeder MOD

1 hour ago, roadstermatt said:

that looks really good are there many extra parts required for this mod from the TLG set ? 

probably 200 extra parts... soon I'll add XML file to Bricklink

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, Kozikyo86 said:

probably 200 extra parts... soon I'll add XML file to Bricklink

ok many thanks

that landing gear set up is sweet