Rustinidiel

[MOC] Speeder Bikes

hi all,

i wanted to create a new speeder bike for my scout troopers... trying some design, erasing all and starting again, this is the result:

38520444085_f4361b0942_b.jpgSpeeder_01 by Rusty B., su Flickr

27621171869_a4b971e17c_b.jpgSpeeder_02 by Rusty B., su Flickr

than, i created some variants... for example a speeder bike with a pilot and a passenger... a sidecar

38520438405_d91d6a8856_b.jpgSpeeder_Sidecar_01 by Rusty B., su Flickr

here a two different shape of the back

38520437225_95dee730af_b.jpgSpeeder_Sidecar_02 by Rusty B., su Flickr

in this view can be seen the difference between the long bike and the shorter sidecar passenger seat

27621163159_a15cc5d5b9_b.jpgSpeeder_Sidecar_03 by Rusty B., su Flickr

another variant is a speeder with a pilot and passenger, but not a bike... but mantaining the same shape

38520442775_2c9c5cc8af_b.jpgSpeeder_Big_01 by Rusty B., su Flickr

27621169209_d0e1891618_b.jpgSpeeder_Big_02 by Rusty B., su Flickr

38520439625_6ec4714530_b.jpgSpeeder_Big_03 by Rusty B., su Flickr

and because i love strange things... here is a prototype: two bikes... but the pilots can connect them to create a single "superbike"

38520449675_9443e7d50a_b.jpgDouble_Speeder_01 by Rusty B., su Flickr

38520448555_993ffa8360_b.jpgDouble_Speeder_02 by Rusty B., su Flickr

here connected

38520447025_b42a435146_b.jpgDouble_Speeder_03 by Rusty B., su Flickr

38520446135_5b771887c3_b.jpgDouble_Speeder_04 by Rusty B., su Flickr

i hope you like

what do you think? what is your favourite?

all opinions, suggestions and critics are welcome and they help me to become a better designer... then, comment please :sweet:

Edited by Rustinidiel

Looks neat, love the sidecar variant. Could see this be a build in a battle pack.

Suggestion would be to use it as a FO speeder bike instead of a imperial one. It looks like a good update on the classic design.

Good job.

1 hour ago, CIS Droid said:

Looks neat, love the sidecar variant. Could see this be a build in a battle pack.

Suggestion would be to use it as a FO speeder bike instead of a imperial one. It looks like a good update on the classic design.

Good job.

thanks for your comment!

yes, the design looks "new" and probably is better as First Order speeder... but i got only imperial soldiers... i'm an imperial fan, if i will build this speeder, for me will be created for the Empire

anyway, yes.. for the First Order this design may be cool... maybe in black... or dark bluish grey

These are great. They are  a heavy speeder with the larger cannons. Great addition to a speeder team.

I might have to build one. Only thing I might change is move the cannon to the side car top so it’s like the old motorcycle side car with a machine gun. The second thing will be the gunner. 

1 hour ago, Moff Muffins said:

The double seater is cute!

I wonder how the sidecar would look attached to a regular speederbike ...even cuter I guess.

you mean my regular speederbike or the  74-z imperial speederbike?

for the 74-z another user (michaelozzie) made a sidecar:

1 hour ago, stormtroopercaptain said:

These are great. They are  a heavy speeder with the larger cannons. Great addition to a speeder team.

I might have to build one. Only thing I might change is move the cannon to the side car top so it’s like the old motorcycle side car with a machine gun. The second thing will be the gunner. 

i will work on another version using your suggest and will post it...

but what sidecar is the best? the bike with round back or that with curved slopes?

Thanks a lot for your all comments and suggestion!!

These are fantastic! The combination of curved slopes on one side and round back on the other side is my favourite. It adds an extra element of detail :)

I like the combination of the bike with the slopes and the round side car. The one on the left of picture 02. It makes it look like the bike part has a larger engine and the side car doesn’t. 

19 hours ago, bataleon said:

These are fantastic! The combination of curved slopes on one side and round back on the other side is my favourite. It adds an extra element of detail :)

17 hours ago, stormtroopercaptain said:

I like the combination of the bike with the slopes and the round side car. The one on the left of picture 02. It makes it look like the bike part has a larger engine and the side car doesn’t. 

thanks to all!!

i see the sidecar with slopes is your favourite

Loving that long, asymmetrical one with the side-car. Can totally see it being used to ferry officers from base to base like a Willy's Jeep. Any chance on a LDD for that?