B Man

9V switch modification

I know where to cut the track for the modification I want to do but how do I connect them and electrify the modification?

Lego Switch.jpg

Duh, but that doesn't seem very strong. I was hoping for a snap together connection so i would be strong.  

2 minutes ago, B Man said:

Duh, but that doesn't seem very strong. I was hoping for a snap together connection so i would be strong.  

Soldering should be plenty strong enough for the rails.

I purchased a custom 9v crossover on Bricklink, I'll dig it out tomorrow and take some pics of the connections.

Sal

That would be  appreciated. I plan on cutting the rails tomorrow and would love to see the connection on the crossover you bought. 

I bought one on Bricklink as well, it's installed on my layout at the moment but if memory serves he used some sort of epoxy on the back of the plastic rail sections and soldered the rails just for the electric connection.  It was almost as if Lego made it themselves, like they should have anyway!!

@B Man, Here is a close up pic of the joints of the crossover I purchased.  As you can see, the builder staggered the joints in the rail from the joints in the plastic track.  There are additional pics showing the underside on my Flickr.  24612652087_e49314b66a_z.jpg20180103_145113 by Sal Ciofani, on Flickr

Sal

When I made mine, I inserted some scrap plastic into the inside of the rail and glued in place, then soldered the metal 

Thank you everyone who replied. The pics of the underside have helped me to understand the mod better. Thanks again. 

Wow, thanks Zephyr1934.  That is an awesome power point.  Definitely a master at work there.