Plural

New factory space sets?

Well, he explained why it was not logical to print them on.

And I love the idea of stickers as torsos: but I'd rather it be done with millions of types of clone trooper designs. :-D

We've been given permission to say a few more things now.

All of the computers and torsos will be stickers. I know that will disappoint a lot of you, but our sets won't be produced in high enough numbers for LEGO to do a large run of printed torsos and computers.

The fun part of the stickers is that I designed them! :-)

Since we knew we would have to use stickers, I was able to design the stickers using Adobe Illustrator and send them to LEGO. One of their designers checked the designs and made some minor adjustments to ensure they would print well, but the stickers are virtually unchanged from my original designs. I tried to keep the "classic space" feel in the sticker designs, using simple buttons and viewscreens with grids. I think you'll enjoy the designs, even though you may be a bit disappointed with them being stickers.

While slightly disappointing to those of us who keep mini-figs for decades knowing stickers just won't hold up as well, it is understandable and one of the reasons I asked the question was I was so surprised to see custom torsos in something that wasn't mass market.

I don't suppose you were able to include -extra- stickers on the sticker sheet since its so much less expensive? He asks expecting the answer to be no. But hoping its yes if only so when he puts the first ones on crooked he has spares to try to correct it.

-Tohst - No really, even with tweezers everything ends up tilted

Chris, Mark....had a couple of chances to chat with you both at various brick events, and take in your creations.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for lending yourselves to this process, to bring some AFOL magic to the creative process around Lego Space. I am really looking forward to these sets. I have been very happy to purchase the Factory sets, and it looks like there are a ton of great pieces included in the limited pics too.

Thanks to you both for helping to bring us some REAL Space themed sets! The white and clear orange stuff really wasn't doing it for me!

Congrats!

Do you know what type of paper the stickers will be printed on? I've found that the ones printed on transparent/clear paper will last indefinitely as long as you apply them right, while the ones on white paper will usually break up after a few years, especially on display models. I don't mind stickers as long as they're the transparent variety.

The justice models look excellent though. I can't wait to see the rest of the sets. *y*

Aw nuts. Stickers I can handle, but I'm a little uneasy about stickers for Minifigs. I guess when (and if) I break the sets down for storage I'll have to bag the Minifigs in their own little bags instead of tossing them into the "Minifig Mass-Grave" that is my storage tote for them *skull*

Aw nuts. Stickers I can handle, but I'm a little uneasy about stickers for Minifigs. I guess when (and if) I break the sets down for storage I'll have to bag the Minifigs in their own little bags instead of tossing them into the "Minifig Mass-Grave" that is my storage tote for them *skull*

how do you know that there would be stickers??

anyway these sets are great *y* i wonder what the space skull figs look like?? and i agree with you Deinonychus sickers are easy to handle but on MF's :-X

We've been given permission to say a few more things now.

All of the computers and torsos will be stickers. I know that will disappoint a lot of you, but our sets won't be produced in high enough numbers for LEGO to do a large run of printed torsos and computers.

The fun part of the stickers is that I designed them! :-)

Since we knew we would have to use stickers, I was able to design the stickers using Adobe Illustrator and send them to LEGO. One of their designers checked the designs and made some minor adjustments to ensure they would print well, but the stickers are virtually unchanged from my original designs. I tried to keep the "classic space" feel in the sticker designs, using simple buttons and viewscreens with grids. I think you'll enjoy the designs, even though you may be a bit disappointed with them being stickers.

how do you know that there would be stickers??

*sweet*

Just got a chance to read the entire thread.

Great job on the design guys! Some of my first LEGO sets were the classic space sets back in the 70's. These bring me back and I'm really looking forward to picking these up and building them. Can't wait to see more photos.

Keep up the great work and thanks for participating in the discussion.

*sweet*

oh my bad thanks :-$ oh and i was also wondering if there was any smaller sets to this series or will it be like the cafe corner and etc? thanks *sweet*

I just think this whole thing is so interesting. The fact that they were designed by outside entities, that they'll be sold as $100 boxes (which is great so I wont have to pick up each individual set and run the risk of the smaller ones selling out. u_u), and that LEGO chose to go with Space are all very cool in my opinion. I love the look of both sides so far, I can just imagine that giant skull robot whirling it's tentacles around as that little speeder flies between them. :-D

So far so good, and I can't wait to see the rest and for them to come out, which isn't too far away! :-)

Edited by Kliq

This is great news but this is another set i wont be able to get since Greece or Cyprus arent included at S@H!

lately lego has created great sets for Afols but its still so hard to get my hands on them!!

why dont they do smth about it?

oh my bad thanks :-$ oh and i was also wondering if there was any smaller sets to this series or will it be like the cafe corner and etc? thanks *sweet*

I'm pretty sure it's already been confirmed that it's one big set made up of four smaller models. ;-)

The stickers are on transparent backing.

I think there are just enough for what's included in the set, however:

If you build something in LDD and place one of our stickers on it in LDD, you will be able to buy your LDD MOC and you will receive an entire sticker sheet.

So you can get more stickers relatively inexpensively. :)

If you build something in LDD and place one of our stickers on it in LDD, you will be able to buy your LDD MOC and you will receive an entire sticker sheet.

That's good to know!

So you're just complaining because you don't like the Space theme.

Ok. :-|

Yes and no.

Yes because I don't like this space fantasy stuff.

No because I would have liked to see some space sets based on things which can be found in reality, too, e. g. an ISS and/or a Space Shuttle. Of course these sets would not need to be exactly similar to the in reality existing space stuff - they couldn't because they would then be much too big and expensive. But a simplified ISS or Space Shuttle would have been very nice and I could well imagine that I would have bought it.

But of course you did your job very well and I don't doubt that the most space fans will like and buy them. *sweet* And - like I already said - perhaps Lego will give you or other ambassadors the chance to design some other sets, too, which I surely would like and buy! ;-)

And - like I already said - perhaps Lego will give you or other ambassadors the chance to design some other sets, too, which I surely would like and buy! ;-)

I can tell you that there will be more fan-made sets in the future, so eventually a theme you like will show up. :-)

I can tell you that there will be more fan-made sets in the future, so eventually a theme you like will show up. :-)

can you please tell me if you know when will the rest of Europe be able to buy from S@H?

(a bit off topic but even if i like the new sets i cant buy them!)

Edited by phoinix

Huzzah!

I can tell you that there will be more fan-made sets in the future, so eventually a theme you like will show up.

I've said it before. I think space has been the most ignored of the big themes. Even Pirates got a legend set. And don't try to tell me Star Wars is Space :-) So, as long as there are more fan-made space sets in the future, I'll say Huzzah again. (Not that I'm trying to start a Space vs Pirates holy war, or MAC vs. PC, or Vi vs. emacs)

Tohst - who today hit a new low by actually putting a sticker on straight only to find out it was on the wrong piece. C'mon!

Edited by Tohst

can you please tell me if you know when will the rest of Europe be able to buy from S@H?

(a bit off topic but even if i like the new sets i cant buy them!)

You would have to ask someone from LEGO corporate. I don't know anything about that, sorry. :-/

I'm pretty sure it's already been confirmed that it's one big set made up of four smaller models. ;-)

oh my bad :-$ thats good to know! the more i look at these sets the more i *wub* em!!!

This is interesting, so LDD will be getting an upgrade to support stickers? I wonder how usable that will be? perhaps the sticker is just another color variation on certain bricks? or will you actully be able to apply them anyplace?

I do see a few new slopes in those pics, it'd be nice to be a larger brick selection in LDD, can you comment on the availability of some nice Spacey windscreens? (so far the car ones arent that nice for space mocs).

This is interesting, so LDD will be getting an upgrade to support stickers? I wonder how usable that will be? perhaps the sticker is just another color variation on certain bricks? or will you actully be able to apply them anyplace?

I do see a few new slopes in those pics, it'd be nice to be a larger brick selection in LDD, can you comment on the availability of some nice Spacey windscreens? (so far the car ones arent that nice for space mocs).

Windscreens are really important to space. We explored as many elements for windshields and colors as we could in the process. You won't find any unusual canopies and colors in the set, but there are good ones in it.

Hmm just went through the entire thread. Trust me to miss this completely lol.

First off the two guys who designed these, congratulations, it must be inspiring to get to design for Lego.

Anyways onto my very valued (lol) thoughts.

The skull side I'll admit I'm not crazy about, but that's maybe more so because I'm not huge on another skelleton type theme, especially in space. The actual set though looks well designed, and I love the mini bot thing. The actual set though is very nice, so you may sway me more when the other part of the set is revealed to us

Love the Space Justice set. The little base is really nice, and gives plenty of add on oppourtunities. The whole thing just is bursting with little things for the minifigures to do. The little ship looks cool, not too sure about the side landing pieces (I guess that is what they are) but in saying that it's part of the magic that is lego. If you don't like it, fix it haha!

If they are $100 each, then I'd be restricted to just one set if I was to buy one, in which case it'd be the Space Justice (personal taste) but a big *y* on the designs, and looking forward to the rest of the sets!