39345286602_64533b7c61_z.jpg

The waves crashed and roared, and the heavy smoke of the combat still hung low in the atmosphere, as the sinking Shuriken, torn and splintered by the iron rain it had just received, sent its bow high up into the air. 

24510336107_b34ed7cd77_z.jpg

Captain Gryple took one last glance at his ship as the waves seemed to leap up greedily to swallow their prize, and looked away, while the musketeer still kept up a scattering fire after the victorious pirates. 

38497328235_470c0f528d_z.jpg

Ever since Captain Whiffo had taken possession of the Shooting Shuriken from the Monezterrel shipyards in name of the ETWC, Captain Gryple had been in command and had turned over some good profit for the company in his work.  But now, on what was likely its most important voyage yet, the ETWC ship had found itself set upon in the vicinity of Terraversa by the infamous pirate captain Unrigged Nordau, who had fired upon the ship with such hot haste that in almost less than ten minutes there was nothing of the wreck remaining, except a few loose pieces of wreckage and the jollyboat with the crew floating on the rolling ocean.  

Captain Gryple frowned, and turned the boat's head towards Kings Port...

25505735568_956e1a3bb9_z.jpg

Couldn't pass up a good sinking! :grin:  My MRCA result build from... the MRCA before the last, if I'm correct (I'll just be submitting it as a freebuild, anyways).  This is pretty obviously what I was supposed to be building when the Midnight's Mist happened, but two is better than one, you know! :laugh:

And yes, I do know that the sails are annoyingly blocky - I wish I could have done better with those, but really wanted to include the dark green sails of the original ship, and didn't have any other material to make them with than the brick!

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always!

Very nice scene, Garmadon! Sunk by the ultimate, ultimate weapon I suppose. The bow is brilliant, and the way you've positioned the jollyboat is fantastic.

Great job here, especially on the foamy water!  I'm not entirely sold on the sails but otherwise the ship looks really nice.  Seems like the crew might get sucked down in the whirlpool as it sinks though... :pir-wink:

Nice build! I have to say that the oarsman and musketeer seem rather happy considering their situation. I would have expected them to be a bit more angry that their ship is sinking....:wink:

Great build! You do such a great job using the trans-clear pieces for the water. That combined with the posing of the sinking ship and the row boat really give the sense of motion and action in the build. Fantastic! :thumbup:

On 12/30/2017 at 12:07 AM, Bodi said:

Very nice scene, Garmadon! Sunk by the ultimate, ultimate weapon I suppose. The bow is brilliant, and the way you've positioned the jollyboat is fantastic.

:grin: Thanks Bodi!  This is my first time trying out the hinge brick technique for a ship, but it was a good thing I had some water there, because I definitely don't have all the openings figured out!  Glad you like the jollyboat posing too - that was really fun!

On 12/30/2017 at 4:31 AM, Elostirion said:

The water!:wub:

Most likely the best ship-sinking-scene I have seen in Lego. Brilliant work.

Thanks Elos!!  Had to get some use out of all those 2x1 trans-clear bricks I had sitting around! :wink:

On 12/30/2017 at 8:53 AM, Kai NRG said:

Great job here, especially on the foamy water!  I'm not entirely sold on the sails but otherwise the ship looks really nice.  Seems like the crew might get sucked down in the whirlpool as it sinks though... :pir-wink:

Well, they'd better pull away fast then! :pir-laugh:  I didn't feel like making the scene twice as big just to put them far enough away :pir_tong2:  Thanks Kai!

On 12/30/2017 at 10:23 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Really nice, expecially the water (as already said) and great dinghy posing

Thanks Prof, glad you like it!

On 12/30/2017 at 10:35 AM, Mike S said:

Nice build! I have to say that the oarsman and musketeer seem rather happy considering their situation. I would have expected them to be a bit more angry that their ship is sinking....:wink:

:pir_laugh2: Maybe they were just so bored with boring trade runs that anything else was exciting for a change!  Thanks Mike!

On 12/31/2017 at 2:17 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Great build! You do such a great job using the trans-clear pieces for the water. That combined with the posing of the sinking ship and the row boat really give the sense of motion and action in the build. Fantastic! :thumbup:

Thanks Capt Wolf!  Trans-clear is really amazingly versatile - so many shades of color and kinds of waves and waterfalls with just the few different kinds of pieces available (not a few pieces, though! :laugh:)  Glad to hear you say so - thanks again! :pir-sweet:

My apologies for not commenting on this great build sooner Garm, it's fantastic. I don't really have anything new to add to the praise above - the water and minifig posing are the highlights for me as well. Great job as usual!

This is a well done sinking ship. A favorite touch that I noticed was the water spouting through the front of the hull as it slips beneath the wave. Great way to add a little more detail with just a few bricks. Also I like the frame you put around your build and the way the foamy waves spill over it. Great job!