KevinyWu

Journey to Eyros

Recommended Posts

The son of a Mitgardian shepard, Bartholomeus and his sheepdog were sent by his father in search of a better life. He is headed for Eryos Castle to learn from Prince Kevin the Navigator, who was a former chicken farmer. But first, he must travel through the dense forests of Avalonia.

38664705074_73bd9a3942_z.jpgJourney to Eyros by KevinyWu, on Flickr

38664680984_b44b3dca9d_z.jpgJourney to Eyros by KevinyWu, on Flickr

Bartholomeus is carrying a backpack and a map.

38495279035_e1f3f84579_z.jpgJourney to Eyros by KevinyWu, on Flickr

I really wanted to use the bamboo pieces that were on the pick a brick wall a while ago. I planned to use them on Eryos Castle, which I did on the rocks, but I had a ton left over! In fact, I still have a ton left over, but I was limited by the amount of lime green studs I had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat bamboo forest!  Looks really good, a fun little scene!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a fine forest to me! The bamboo (although reminding me more of Kaliphlin than of Avalonia) is great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2017 at 6:46 AM, Kai NRG said:

Neat bamboo forest!  Looks really good, a fun little scene!

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Looks like a fine forest to me! The bamboo (although reminding me more of Kaliphlin than of Avalonia) is great!

Thanks, and I will take note on what types of trees live where in future builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice bamboo! Depending on the part of Avalonia it is, as Titus mentioned, a bit out of place (someone travelling from Mitgardia would be unlikely to see any, at least, though southern Avalonia near Kaliphlin could believably have some). I am not a huge fan of the yellow at the corners of the base or in the bamboo, though, and the snake, though a nice idea, adds a splash of color that distracts from (in my opinion) rather than adds to the scene. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nice bamboo! Depending on the part of Avalonia it is, as Titus mentioned, a bit out of place (someone travelling from Mitgardia would be unlikely to see any, at least, though southern Avalonia near Kaliphlin could believably have some). I am not a huge fan of the yellow at the corners of the base or in the bamboo, though, and the snake, though a nice idea, adds a splash of color that distracts from (in my opinion) rather than adds to the scene. 

Thanks, I will take note of that! For the base, I agree that it does look sort of strange, but I have used he same style on all my other builds, and wanted to keep it consistent. The "yellow" in the bamboo is actually lime green, but my photography skills are lacking and so it looks kinda bad :sceptic:. When building, I was debating whether to put the snake in or not, and finally decided "why not?" Looking back on it, it is out of place. A black snake would probably be better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice path design, I like how the reddish brown plates look below the round tiles :thumbup:
The bamboo plants remind me of when I had just gotten a bunch of them off the PaB wall myself, I used to use them so much :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.