The Great Brick War

Campaign 5- Through the Mountains - 12/29/17 - 1/29/18

Campaign 5
Through the Mountains

Map Name: Studica
Grid: E8
Time:  2330 Hours

It has long been rumored that the COAC and RON were breaking international law and moving troops and supplies through Xenor to try and gain an upper hand on one another. The recent tumultuous activity in the Brick of Nations has stirred up a bit of trouble for all nations. Since the latest revelation of the CoST base inside Xenor being bombed by the Xenor air force, RON forces have begun amassing along the North Eastern border of Xenor in preparation for an Assault. 

Meanwhile a pair of COAC jets were dispatched on a reconnaissance flight over Xenor after the Filace intelligence agent was executed in hopes of spotting more RON Forces. The two jets were picked off by the Xenor Harrier force. Both pilots safely ejected in Xenor territory and are currently on the run.

25464276528_d0be701c65_z.jpg

Efforts are now underway by COAC forces to push into Xenor to try and rescue their pilots and restore some balance of order as diplomacy has long since failed.  

Campaign Guidelines

• RON forces are to be shown either A. Coming to the aid of the bombed base they had inside Xenor or B. Attacking Xenor forces. 
    COAC foraces are to be shown either A. Searching for the lost pilots or B. Attacking Xenor Forces. 

• RON and COAC forces can be shown bumping into each other or bumping into Xenor forces while completing the rescue parts of the mission.

• Though not required, players who collaborate can improve their score. 

• The terrain is snowy and mountainous. 

• All builds must be posted as a new topic in the “Great Brick War” subforum, the title prefixed by, "(GBW- CP5)" followed by the Country you’re representing, and then your MOC’s Title. Example "(GBW- CP5) Filace - Broke Back Mountain")  
  • Neither side should show their forces definitively destroying the opposition. Showing successes is okay, but not total domination. The winners of the campaign will be decided based on the points awarded from judging. This means if your team doesn't score well, it's possible for your forces to be beaten back.
  • MINIMUM SIZE BUILD IS 32 X 32
  • All LDD Builds must be labeled- Example: (GBW- CP5) Country - Title of build (LDD)
  • All builds must be new MOC’s and not prior builds. 
  • Photo Editing is to be kept to a minimum with only real edits of lighting and color correction. No special effects. Players may crop one picture of their MOC onto a background picture to help with their landscape if they’d like. 
  • Pictures cannot be bigger than 800x600
  • Players may post a link to an offsite host such as Flickr where Higher Resolution pics are located. 
  • Be cool and share your photos in the GBW Flickr Group!
  • Please refer to the General Rules Topic for limitations based on your Point Level.
  • Upon completion, players must also post a link to their build in the AAR Thread as well letting the judges know that it is eligible for scoring. 

Campaign Duration 12/29/17 - 1/29/18

All builds will not be finalized until the closing date for the campaign. Players can edit their posts up until that point. As long as it is 1/29/18 somewhere in the world, you can submit. Use this as a deadline https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/baker-island

The Outcome

Whichever side wins will gain access to routes of movement negotiated with the Xenor government for future operations.

All players who participate will be awarded the points they earn for each build.

Minifigs outfitted courtesy of one of our sponsors, Minifig.cat Be sure to check out their site and all of the great products they offer to build up your armories!

34481343694_4b0d2dc8bb.jpg

The title of this campaign is "Through the mountains" and in the description it states "The terrain is snowy and mountainous. " Do you really require more specific than that? Be creative so we don't have to limit everyone else.

Happy New Year, everyone!

I have one question about CP5, just to make things clear and avoid any mistakes. Can we show the actual rescue of the pilots and/or their extraction or just the search for them?

Yes this is acceptable, but obviously you will want to coordinate the rescue with your teammates so that more than one person doesnt find Owen Wilson hiding in the ditch of bodies at the same time :tongue:

Same thing goes for RON with their rescue mission of the base. You can show personnel and materials being saved. 

Now I'm pissed that I missed that clue.  I thought the blue jacket looked odd...now I know why!  Well played.

16 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

@TheBeeze Has Xenor's capital been named? Forgive me if it has been, I couldn't find where.

It has not. This campaign is taking place in the mountains along the border. 

27 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

It has not. This campaign is taking place in the mountains along the border. 

Ok, thanks, but I have a sidebuild that is going to take place in the capital though. Could I name it, or should one of you staff members?

2 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Ok, thanks, but I have a sidebuild that is going to take place in the capital though. Could I name it, or should one of you staff members?

I made a map of Xenro for gereral use. If you want, we all can use the same

24655673817_e269967ab8_z.jpgXenor Map 

That is fine. Thank you @paintballman. In the future please send anything you create like this to the staff for approval before mainstreaming it in case we have anything in the pipeline. 

14 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Alright, good to know. @paintballman Nice work on the map... For CoAC. :tongue:

Thank you. Actually I made the map  over 1 month before, when knew nothing  about the current events

Edited by paintballman