Sign in to follow this  
Dennis Bosman

Scania bulk hauler (PF, scale 1:17)

This year I spent less time online due to several reasons (like my career) but I haven’t been hanging around when it comes to LEGO. Next to co-organize LW I built a couple of models and one of them is this Scania T143 bulk hauler. I originally started with mk1 in 2016 but gave it an overhaul in 2017. For sure it is based on Ingmar Spijkhoven’s model but actually I wanted to give it a personnal touch. Is has another chassis and drive train which is more based on Jaaptechnic’s Actros. The cab is different from Ingmar’s. I chose for the original side panels with the typical 2-series and 3-series shapes. The rear panel got the same treatment.

The truck is powered by a singe XL motor with is strong enough to pull a drawbar trailer. Both bodyworks can tip with a XL motor and it has lights on front and rear. It is supplied with an SBrick.

Special thanks to Dirk Klijn and Jaaptechnic for the high quality decals.

For more pictures please have a look in my album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskrBEUtv

38275578814_b8a05f7b9e_c.jpg

Edited by Dennis Bosman

Looks very nice. The combination of tan, red, and silver work well together. Does the truck have any suspension or pendular axles? Is the hydraulic cylinder on the “front” of the trailer for decoration only?