Hello ,

A great and huge crane that you have build .

A lot of details and great functions ,how you have build the weight system is for me the most ingenius system i have ever seen .

Thank's for sharing this project here on eurobricks .

I’m also amazed by the size, the functionality and the eye for detail. Not only of the crane itself, but also of the different Liebherr models that you are lifting. My compliments!

If I were building cranes I would stop right now, as there will not be a better LEGO crane ever. I would actually use it for moving the furniture in my flat, if I ever had the bricks and skill to build this in the first place.

#bowdown

I don't know enough about technic and mechanics of it either but the size and scale are incredible. One of the best creations I've seen!

Well done!

I have no words to express how mind blowing this model is.

Not only does it look awesome, but it functions so well and so smoothly. In the video, it feels that it pull loads and drive around with ease, really incredible engineering.

I would really enjoy to know the story behind the creation, how did you approach the project? how long did it take? how did you make the design? and also how the various modules are built, such as the turntable.

Again, truly amazing, great to see you on Eurobricks!

I can only echo what the others are saying and this is amazing. Your smaller models (if they can even be called that) are also outstanding. On your YouTube channel you’re pretty firm about not having instructions for any of your models, but I have seen members here help out many builders with producing and selling instructions. I have a big catalog of instructions im waiting for the space and funds to work through. So if your courisoty peaks you’re in the right place. 

Hi Dawid. 

Impressive Construction.

Are there any plans so that people could construct this crane... 

This is jaw-dropping, next level to the next level.

So many questions don't even know where to start.

Seriously, if Lego decided to release something like this how much would it cost? I'd rather buy something like this than that abomination of a Millennium Falcon they made, I honestly have no idea the kind of incompetent morons Lego is hiring these days, nothing they're releasing is good, and I'd easily pony up the dough for this kind of thing.

Edited by canuckster

I'd say the price of such an item, if released as a set, could easily clear the $3000 mark. Multiple programmable bricks, plus like 20,000+ parts adds up fast. There might be a market for this, but it would be small.

Also, I find your statement about Lego being run by incompetent morons kind of misinformed. Lego would be stupid NOT to release a UCS Millennium Falcon. Star Wars is one of the, if not the biggest movie franchises of all time, and the Falcon is one of the most iconic ships from that series. What that means is that Lego has a huge potential fanbase for an item like that, including Star Wars fans who might not ordinarily be in to Lego. Also, nothing? All of the sets Lego has on the shelf now, and you think that nothing is good? Not liking anything on the shelf is one thing, but I find it to be jumping to conclusions without further analysis. Most Lego sets are good, for people into that thing. I don't like city sets, but several of them are good. And, Technic set 42078 is pretty spiffy. Not to say that Lego is perfect, and that they don't occasionally make stupid decisions, because they do, but it is still rather harsh to say that nothing is good.

6 hours ago, canuckster said:

I honestly have no idea the kind of incompetent morons Lego is hiring these days, nothing they're releasing is good, and I'd easily pony up the dough for this kind of thing.

Don't use this kind of language. You are free to state your opinion, but name calling like this is a different thing.

I uploaded some WIP photos.

24928013867_3b3357a2cd_z.jpg
LIebherr LR 11000 WIP by Dawid Szmandra, on Flickr

24928006567_5c1ba9cf89_z.jpg

Here you can see the LEGO turntable, which is only used to rotating and XY positioning. I initially wanted to use 4 PF Medium motors for the drive of tracks, but changed them into two EV3 Medium motors.

39766510472_bf2c0b5ed9_z.jpg

Here is "core" which is connected with superstructure and bottom ring with minifigure heads. I used grease so this is not 100% LEGO in true.

39088260914_42f3fa4159_z.jpg

Upper ring with heads. Yellow part is placed on that.  Thanks to two rings, the bearing can carry torque, not only vertical force.

39088245044_f40b9f9eca_z.jpg

Load test with 20kg.

39088197434_57033d48d0_z.jpg

Crawler drive reduction.

39766376242_aa316128ab_z.jpg

38899413495_6cc95e9683_z.jpg

Here is Winch 1, place for the winch 2 (sensor for measure it movement) and motor of winch 4.

39798226901_18c5445e96_z.jpg

Sensor for force measurement, range 0-5kg. It allows the measurement of total crane load (just a simple dynamometer).

39088190694_d0e0e84a9e_z.jpg

Bottom.

38899400495_d17a3fa2e9_z.jpg