I would like to show my new project of Liebherr LR 11000.

25436951228_2a46223cca.jpg
LEGO Liebherr LR 11000 by Dawid Szmandra, on Flickr

Technical specifications
Weight: ~27kg in max configuration (including 5 kilograms of lead ballast)
Height: currently 2.5 m limited by ceiling, finally 7 or 7,5m.
Max lifting capacity: ~9kg

Motors:Drive: 2x EV3 Medium Motor
Rotation: EV3 Medium Motor
Winch 1,2,3,4,5: EV3 Large Motor
Winch 6: EV3 Medium Motor

39305133641_0d10e82f12.jpg
LEGO Liebherr LR 11000 by Dawid Szmandra, on Flickr

Next week I will add some WIP photos of turntable etc.

And thanks for the invitation to share it here!

I also shared it on Facebook, a great job compliments

Spoiler

Edited by legostark

Thanks @Dawid_Szmandra for accepting the invitation, and showing us your newest, and biggest model so far!
I think we can all agree that this creation alone, even though Dawid produced more cranes, deserves a nice technic_pro.png tag!

Really, one of the best Lego crawler lattice cranes ever!

So agree with everything mentioned thus far.  I will point something else out..... not only does it look fantastic... but  it is incredibly functional as well.   Others have mentioned, on other posts, that for cranes this big it is wonderful that they can just support their own weigh, being made out of Lego and all.  Well...... this does a lot more than support its own weight. Not to mention how smooth the functions are.  Rotating a crane that weighs this much, with the backlash normally accompanied with Lego, is very hard to do.  But this wonder does it so smoothly.  I think we could probably take this thing apart... and have a variety of the components, such as the slewing ring, booms, winches, etc. be HoF submissions in and of themselves.... they are so well built....

Hi David, welcome to Eurobricks, i first saw this model earlier in Facebook, and i first thought it was a very big scale metal crane or some non-lego thing, but when i saw closer images i couldn't believe it was actually made of pure Legos, its extremely cool how big and detailed this model is, and also the functions it has, it is truly amazing, i also think it deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame, i hope that the Liebherr company could take a look at your model, nice work.

Simply amazing!  Congratulations on this masterpiece.  I'll always remember your moc as the chair lifting crane!  Incredible!

Incredible creation!

I love the built-in load measurement system, very clever :wub:

The mass balance looks almost perfect, did you have to play with that when you lifted heavy objects? Or has the crane so much mass by itself that the added load of a chair is still relatively small?

Definitely looking forward to the turntable construction, that is working so smooth.

Oh.my.god! I thought it was a model even on closer look! Congrats on pro tag and hope for Hall of Fame!

I just watched the video (which is very good presentation by the way), and... well, while we play with LEGO on this forum, You did true ENGINEERING with LEGO.

Nothing else to say, it is not only HOF model, but deserves own page in LEGO history book. I can just express my true respect for this MOC and the author. :thumbup:

Ive been sitting here trying to think of what to say, I honestly dont know

This crane is absolutely INCREDIBLE! 

Well done!!

@Dawid_Szmandra welcome to Eurobricks. Your model deserves Pro tag :thumbup: Since your model is so huge, does it have separate room just to operate?

2 minutes ago, emielroumen said:

Amazing model, would love to see the smaller models this giant is lifting in the video too!

Check out Dawid's youtube page.  Although this is a recent amazing build, he has a long history of just outstanding Lego crane builds.  Videos of the 1750 and 1070 are there.......

This model really pushes the boundaries of what can be done with lego. I had to watch the video twice! I have a few questions in regard to the tracks. In the video it is obvious that you used custom built track links. How sturdy were these? Did you have any problems with the links breaking under the immense weight? Did you have any problems with the drive sprockets? Were any of the tread links scuffed after driving the model around? I'm also curious to see how you built the turntable.   

Very impressive model. I’ve seen similar cranes by blokes here in NL but they are far, absolutely far from what you are presenting here. Not just the functionality but also the looks of it. It must take quite some time to set it up or dismantle it, especially with all these wires. Magnificant piece of engineering!

... *oh2*

I have no words. How many meters kilometers of cable are used in this monstrosity?

The use of Mindstorms for a realistic feedback display is excellent, I love it. Very well done!