Bob De Quatre

[MOC] SP-Striker

A few years ago I rebuilt the #6781 SP -Striker from my childhood, maybe my favorite Lego set of all time, and I've been wanting to rebuilt it with more modern parts while keeping the original shapes, proportions and of course light function. The build went quite easily and only took a few hours, but the lighting system was quite challenging. My first idea was to use PF lights, but it was a failure. In the end, I'm using 3 light bricks: a white/yellow for the cockpit console, and two red ones for the main lights. A knob allows to switch the lights on and of (I'll try to make a picture of the mechanism). I also had to redesign the cell pod, again trying to keep the same size and shape. I added a M-Tron magnet on top because magnets are cool! And that allows me to secure the pod at the back of the Striker without using clips.

Hope you like it as much as I do :)

27589279019_2e63caea62_c.jpgSP - Striker by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
38488821865_11f6a6c9d3_c.jpgSP - Striker by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
39336566982_5dd1a03c10_c.jpgSP - Striker by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
38658454604_79f8cc3875_c.jpgSP - Striker by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
38658462544_eda9a16140_c.jpgSP - Striker by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

39353119461_6708a4f4f7_c.jpgSpace Police by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
38645598164_6f2c87f5dc_c.jpgSpace Police by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Love the seat-back design and using the spoilers for styling on the nose. This is a wonderful modern take on the design.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome, awesome Moc! :sweet: The prison pod design is so cool! To bad Lego doesn't do more with magnets. They have so much functionality! :sceptic:

Nice! I especially like that you used a lot of parts that were around already when the set came out. All in all a really good mod. You kept the design and enhanced it - well done! :classic:

So many nice details. Love the 90's throwback, such good memories.:laugh:
Though I'd flip that 'police' panel on the jail, so its readable.

Edited by -zenn

On 30/12/2017 at 8:56 PM, -zenn said:

So many nice details. Love the 90's throwback, such good memories.:laugh:
Though I'd flip that 'police' panel on the jail, so its readable.

Someone made the same comment on Flickr, and then I checked, and noticed there are two different panels, one for each side... :look: :laugh:

Looks great. That is one of the childhood sets I still want to pick up. Although I had the idea of maybe making this and fitting it into Space Police II color scheme.

Either way, I really like your updated look. The curved appearance adds a lot to it, while maintaining the original look.

I'll have to look at this for inspiration if I ever do anything similar. I've been wanting to build childhood space sets into new/updated versions just like this!

That is a good looking version of the set. :thumbup::thumbup:

On ‎2‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 1:58 PM, Bob De Quatre said:

Someone made the same comment on Flickr, and then I checked, and noticed there are two different panels, one for each side... :look: :laugh:

I didn't know that as well. I found that out a few years ago. :look: