Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL] Council campaign: Sea of Storms delegation

Pieter Reyngout was still mourning his uncle, Cornelius Reyngout, who was lost at sea when the Prince Fernando went down in October. With his own father also gone, Pieter was now the head of the Reyngout family in the islands. He had a successful business -- a small tavern -- and was already a member of Weelond’s town council, but now he wanted to do more.

Aaron van der Meede, the head of the town council, was a common visitor to Reyngout’s Tavern, and many evenings it was an unofficial meeting location for the town council. Aaron was also a member of the Colonial Council. When van der Meede mentioned that he and Governor Guilder were looking for a local businessman to join them in running for the Sea of Storms seats in the Colonial Council for the new year, Pieter knew this was what he was looking for.

Aaron made the arrangements, and before Pieter knew it, he was standing with Guilder and van der Meede in front of his own tavern, talking to a gathering crowd about serving in the Colonial Council.

crowd.jpg

Well, Guilder was doing most of the talking. “Weelond and Bardo deserve strong representation in the Council,” Guilder told the gathered crowd. “With Victor Servadac away on a mission for the White Glove Order, and Marquis Alkuda moved to Puerto Desafio, a new delegation is needed for the Sea of Storms. As such, Mr. van der Meede and I will step away from the MCTC delegation to the Colonial Council so we may represent YOU, the citizens of the An Holli and An Toli. Other MCTC members will take our place in the MCTC delegation. This move will allow us to better address the issues that affect all of you, not just MCTC members.

Guilder continued to extol the virtues of having such fine members of the community represent them in the Colonial Council. Pieter found himself listening to his own thoughts, however, as he looked at the faces in the crowd.

pieter.jpg

Suddenly, Pieter was aware that Guilder was motioning toward him with his walking stick and had stopped talking. After a brief silence, Pieter shook off his haze and addressed the crowd.

I know almost all of you here, and I think you know me. You are my neighbors, my tavern patrons, my friends. I already work for you in the town council, but to represent you to all of colonial Eslandola would be quite a responsibility. I know the issues that face us here in the Sea of Storms, the issues that we face running a small business or farm, raising a family, making a better life for ourselves in the islands, and I promise to keep OUR concerns at the forefront of my deliberations on any matter before the council … if you so choose to have me represent you.” Pieter exhaled.

Well said, well said!” exclaimed Guilder. The governor continued on, and Aaron was ready to speak when it was his turn. Pieter went back to his thoughts, trying to put himself into the shoes of the people gathered before him: a baker, a cordwainer, the miller’s wife, a farmhand, a sailor … a wide variety of occupations, but all making their life here in the islands. He knew he could give all of them a voice in the Colonial Council.

---------

A view of the full build:

full.jpg

Pieter Reyngout in front of his tavern:

soloe.jpg

--------

This is my campaign build for the Sea of Storms seats in Eslandola's Colonial Council.

I had hoped to build more of the tavern, but I didn't have the right bricks in the right colors to build it out fully as I have it planned in my head. So I just built the entrance here, and I hope to expand the exterior and detail an interior in future builds. I'll also need to replace those black double doors; they just didn't photograph well at all.

As usual, all C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.

I can echo what Elostirion has already said. That white arch is really well done. The white details in general give the build a visual boost. It just looks so elegant.

I'm with those who have already commented - the white here looks great, very elegant!  I especially like the angle of the second picture!

12 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Nice write-up, and wonderful ARCHitecture. The use of white is amazing. So great to look at! :-) 

I second that and I must add that your minifig selection is always spot on! So many era-appropriate torsos :wink:

Very nice build and story Capt Wolf. I like the roof, it's really detailed. Good luck in your political campaign. When are the elections held?

On 12/29/2017 at 3:09 AM, Elostirion said:

Nice write-up, and wonderful ARCHitecture. The use of white is amazing. So great to look at! :-) 

On 12/29/2017 at 3:38 AM, Khorne said:

I can echo what Elostirion has already said. That white arch is really well done. The white details in general give the build a visual boost. It just looks so elegant.

Thanks to both of you! The build started as a way to use that arch in some manner! :pir-grin:

On 12/29/2017 at 11:18 AM, Kai NRG said:

I'm with those who have already commented - the white here looks great, very elegant!  I especially like the angle of the second picture!

Thanks! I liked how that picture came out, too. I wanted to get an angle on the building, and get a good looking-through-the-crowd shot.

On 12/29/2017 at 3:43 PM, blackdeathgr said:

I second that and I must add that your minifig selection is always spot on! So many era-appropriate torsos :wink:

Thanks. The Pirates of the Caribbean, Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, and Fantasy Era Castle themes, and the collectible minifigs have really added to the era-appropriate torsos available.

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build and story Capt Wolf. I like the roof, it's really detailed. Good luck in your political campaign. When are the elections held?

Thanks. I enjoy using that style roof. I was glad it worked here. As for elections, any seats with multiple candidates will have voting in early January.