Sign in to follow this  
JeffBuilds

(MOC) Sky Captain Soto's Aeroship

win_20171228_21_36_29_pro.jpg

I thought it would be safe to share this latest MoC with you, because it utilizes some discontinued/outdated parts, more specifically 33 stud long Rope and stud pieces for rigging. It's the latest of my Pirate-Airships. Granted, it looks more like its source inspiration, the Raid Zeppelin from the Ninjago "Infinite Skies" line.

win_20171228_21_35_52_pro.jpg

what separates this creation from the Raid Zeppelin includes the unique shape of the bow of the ship, a Lego Airplane Fuselage piece in Dark Brown, one of my favorite pieces, found in the 2012 Lego Spongebob Flying Dutchman set, acts as the bow of the ship.  

The aforementioned rigging is attached to the sides of the Zeppelin utilizing some SNOT construction, with a pair of 4X6 Frame pieces with 4 holes on the longer sides, where Technic stud pins securely hold 1X10 plates in place with the rigging configuration, as well as Booster details.

win_20171228_21_38_10_pro.jpg

I secured the Skeleton to the bow of the ship, utilizing (guestimate) a 22 stud long Bley Chain, wrapped around the Skeleton, twice, making an X around its chest. which holds it in place, and fastened to the bow of the ship. Other details on the Zeppelin include the Sonar computer screen (2X4 Flat plate decal with bricks) from the original Raid Zeppelin set, as well as a functioning spring-loaded cannon (more in a cosmetic state than an actual functional play feature) , and a pair of Stud shooters. The Baloon also has a Round plate in the center of the turbine, with a fan print from the Spider man Vs. Carnage set, which included a small shield Helicraft.

win_20171228_21_36_19_pro.jpg

I plan to update the thread, with detail shots of the main deck of the craft, with improved lighting.

Edited by Jevil

With a single crewman, I can't imagine that cannon has a very high rate of fire :laugh:

I love the steampunk airships that people post here.  There's so much imagination involved in pretty much anything steampunk, and it makes for some very clever creations.

Some crew would do this vessel well...  I like the tweaks you've made... I enjoy these air ships as well even though they are more industrial revolution then age of sail.   I do like the way the figure head was secured and the clever stand you made. 

What a fun little Steampunk airship you've done there! It's so compact in its size, and I don't even mind that it's not a true zeppelin, given its usage of those balloon pieces. :thumbup: :sweet:

22 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Great  build!

Wait: Is that a brown helicopter part as body of the ship?

As a matter of fact it is! (well, it's marketed as an Airplane piece; but for the most part, yes)

It came in the 2012 Lego Spongebob set, "The Flying Dutchman", and is a major seed piece in a few mini-ship builds I have lying around.