7 minutes ago, TJJohn12 said:

If Sleeping Beauty Castle was done in the same scale as Cinderella Castle, then the model would be wildly underwhelming.

I think they'd fudge it. Sleeping Beauty's Castle would be smaller, but not noticeably so. Although "Disney Castle" is inspired by Cinderella's Castle at WDW, it's obviously not entirely authentic given all of the "themed" rooms inside which have nothing to do with WDW and are only tangentially related to various Disney animated films.

I'd imagine that they would follow a similar approach for Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Then again, the fact that they released Cinderella's Castle as "Disney Castle" (instead of using a more distinctive / unique name) perhaps suggest that they never again intend to release another large-scale / D2C "Disney Castle"?

I think a handful of Wreck it Ralph 2 sets would be cool to go along side with the new movie in November, even if its Juniors. The movie must be popular enough to get another movie so why not a couple sets.

11 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

I think a handful of Wreck it Ralph 2 sets would be cool to go along side with the new movie in November, even if its Juniors. The movie must be popular enough to get another movie so why not a couple sets.

I've sort of got a feeling we actually might see sets for it, but then again, perhaps its too late in the game to hear of any new licensed themes for the second half of this year that we haven't heard of already.

The thing is, what's cool about the sequel is that it will feature appearances by all of the Disney Princesses seen so far, with nearly all of their original voice actresses reprising their respective roles. Perhaps if we did see sets for the movie, at the very least as Juniors sets, maybe we just might see a few of those Princesses debut in minifigure form, as opposed to minidolls. :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I've sort of got a feeling we actually might see sets for it, but then again, perhaps its too late in the game to hear of any new licensed themes for the second half of this year that we haven't heard of already.

The thing is, what's cool about the sequel is that it will feature appearances by all of the Disney Princesses seen so far, with nearly all of their original voice actresses reprising their respective roles. Perhaps if we did see sets for the movie, at the very least as Juniors sets, maybe we just might see a few of those Princesses debut in minifigure form, as opposed to minidolls. :shrug_oh_well:

I hope so, a big fig of Ralph would be nice as well, even if its 2-3 Juniors sets just something would be nice. 

This is only a rough sort of wishlist, but, if I were to create a list of eighteen characters I'd hope to see as CMFs for a second Disney Collectable Minifigure series, they would be...

1. The Rocketeer, from the 1991 film.
  2. Tron, from the original 1982 movie.
  3. Woody, from the Toy Story franchise.
  4. Bo Peep, from the same above mentioned movies.
  5. Snow White, from the 1937 namesake classic.
  6. The Evil Queen/Witch, also from the same above mentioned film.
  7. Hercules, from his namesake animated movie.
  8. Hades, the main antagonist in Hercules.
  9. Tarzan, from the movie of the same name.
  10. Milo Thatch, from 2001's Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
  11. Princess Kida (a.k.a. Kidagakash Nedakh), also from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
  12. Princess Aurora, from 1959's Sleeping Beauty.
  13. Prince Phillip, also from Sleeping Beauty.
  14. Rapunzel, from 2010's Tangled.
  15. Flynn Rider (a.k.a Eugene Fitzherbert), also from Tangled.
  16. Ralph, from 2012's Wreck-It Ralph.
  17. Fix-It Felix, also from Wreck-It Ralph.
  18. Merida, from Pixar's Brave.
On 1/4/2018 at 12:53 PM, Nexogeek said:

I hope so, a big fig of Ralph would be nice as well, even if its 2-3 Juniors sets just something would be nice. 

If such sets were ever to happen, I'd definitely expect Ralph to be a Bigfig. I'd just hope that they don't stick a nose on his figure like Maui's Bigfig. :hmpf_bad:

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is only a rough sort of wishlist, but, if I were to create a list of eighteen characters I'd hope to see as CMFs for a second Disney Collectable Minifigure series, they would be...

1. The Rocketeer, from the 1991 film.
  2. Tron, from the original 1982 movie.
  3. Woody, from the Toy Story franchise.
  4. Bo Peep, from the same above mentioned movies.
  5. Snow White, from the 1937 namesake classic.
  6. The Evil Queen/Witch, also from the same above mentioned film.
  7. Hercules, from his namesake animated movie.
  8. Hades, the main antagonist in Hercules.
  9. Tarzan, from the movie of the same name.
  10. Milo Thatch, from 2001's Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
  11. Princess Kida (a.k.a. Kidagakash Nedakh), also from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
  12. Princess Aurora, from 1959's Sleeping Beauty.
  13. Prince Phillip, also from Sleeping Beauty.
  14. Rapunzel, from 2010's Tangled.
  15. Flynn Rider (a.k.a Eugene Fitzherbert), also from Tangled.
  16. Ralph, from 2012's Wreck-It Ralph.
  17. Fix-It Felix, also from Wreck-It Ralph.
  18. Merida, from Pixar's Brave.

If such sets were ever to happen, I'd definitely expect Ralph to be a Bigfig. I'd just hope that they don't stick a nose on his figure like Maui's Bigfig. :hmpf_bad:

Man, thou hast forgotten the Beauty and the Beast.

3 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

Man, thou hast forgotten the Beauty and the Beast.

Yeah, and I forgot Goofy too. :tongue:

No, I didn't intend for that list to be a plausible wishlist, as the lineup isn't diverse enough for a real CMS and it includes some live-action characters. The 2016 Disney Series 1 seemed to set a precedent for characters only from animated movies. Also, two of the entries are from a rather obscure, forgotten movie, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, which I'm never realistically expecting to see Lego address any time soon.

Hmmm...
if / when we get a second CMF series, I'd like to see:

1. Sorcerer's apprentice Mickey
2. Scrooge McDuck
3. Merida
4. Pocahontas
5. Chip
6. Dale
7. Lilo
8. Moana
9. Winnie the Pooh
10. Tigger
11. Eeyore
12. Jasmine
13. Cruella De Vil
14. Jafar
15. Goofy
16. Rafiki
17. Mowgli
18. Mulan

With Nightmare Before Christmas apparently happening this year, as well as Tron: Legacy, how great would it be if we continue to get sets based on movies that have featured in Kingdom Hearts? A KH theme would be the perfect way of blending action/vehicle sets for kids and Disney properties for kids and collectors.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Hmmm...
if / when we get a second CMF series, I'd like to see:

1. Sorcerer's apprentice Mickey
2. Scrooge McDuck
3. Merida
4. Pocahontas
5. Chip
6. Dale
7. Lilo
8. Moana
9. Winnie the Pooh
10. Tigger
11. Eeyore
12. Jasmine
13. Cruella De Vil
14. Jafar
15. Goofy
16. Rafiki
17. Mowgli
18. Mulan

And again no BaB!

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If they did make sets based on it and he was a minifig i'd be disappointed, a bigfig would be more to scale of his size 

My take on a 2nd Disney CMF Series:

1. Sorcerer Mickey with broom
  2. Goofy
  3. Max with Powerline album
  4. Moana with oar or accurate Hei Hei piece
  5. Lilo with Scrump
  6. Aurora in her blue dress with the new dress piece
  7. Jasmine
  8. Tarzan
  9. Nick Wild
  10. Judy Hops
  11. Beast with the faun legs
  12. Belle with the Queen dress piece
  13. Evil Queen with mirror, apple and new dress
  14. Cruella with Dalmatian
  15. Pinocchio 
  16. Woody
  17. Hercules 
  18. Hades

11 hours ago, doclord said:

With Nightmare Before Christmas apparently happening this year, as well as Tron: Legacy, how great would it be if we continue to get sets based on movies that have featured in Kingdom Hearts? A KH theme would be the perfect way of blending action/vehicle sets for kids and Disney properties for kids and collectors.

I do wonder if this Nightmare Before Christmas set will be the first in a line of one off sets done for various past Disney movies. After all, the Disney Princess theme had simply been rebranded as just Disney starting in 2017, so that name change alone might suggest that the theme is open to a lot more than just minidoll based Disney Princess sets.

At least I hope so. :classic:

10 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

And again no BaB!

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Lego will prioritize Beauty and the Beast for the second CMS whenever it may come around, as 2017's live action remake was a pretty big success for Disney. 

5 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Lego will prioritize Beauty and the Beast for the second CMS whenever it may come around, as 2017's live action remake was a pretty big success for Disney. 

Not to mention the Beauty and the Beast room in the Disney Castle designed for two dancing minifigs.

One franchise I didn't add any characters from to my list is Big Hero 6. I'd like to Lego look into that movie sometime in the future, as there is currently a TV show running based upon it.

Sure, Lego could at least give both Hiro and Baymax CMF slots in an inevitable second series, but I'd prefer the whole gang made as figures in a line of sets, even if it were just a Juniors subtheme. Baymax in armor could easily be done as an Axl styled figure, with normal minifigure legs and a specialized oversized torso mold to portray his proportions, and a normal minifigure head topping off the figure with a new helmet.

Everyone play nice please. 

These are wishlists. People can include or exclude whatever they want on their lists. 

If Lego were ever to do a line of one off sets done for classic movies under a broadly branded Disney theme, I have a few ideas for what I'd like to see.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves | The Dwarves' Cottage - Priced at approximately US $199.99, this would most likely be a brand store exclusive for both Lego and Disney brand stores. The central build would be of a minifigure scale build of the dwarves' cottage as seen in the film, and would include eight minifigures, composed of Snow White and all seven dwarves, with perhaps a few additional forest animal molds.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire | The Ulysses Vs. The Leviathan - Possibly another brand store exclusive, this set would roughly be priced at around US $120-$140. The set's builds would be of UCS Helicarrier scaled display models of the Ulysses submarine and the Atlantian war machine Leviathan, both posed and displayed on a brick build stand with supports. For reference of scale, the front bathysphere of the Ulysses would be a printed, Trans-yellow recolor of the Jurassic World Gyrosphere assembly. Eight figures would come with the set on their own display stand, who would include Milo Thatch, Commander Rourke, Helga Sinclair, Princess Kida Nedakh, Vinny Santorini, Dr. Joshua Sweet, Audrey Ramirez, and Gaëtan "Mole" Molière.

Sleeping Beauty | Prince Phillip Vs. Maleficent - A normal retail release, this set would be priced around Us $40-$50. The main build would be of Maleficent in dragon form, with three accompanying minifigures and Prince Phillip's horse. Minifigures would be of Prince Phillip, Princess Aurora, and Maleficent.

101 Dalmatians | Cruella DeVil's Chase - Another normal retail release, this set would be priced at around US $50-$60. The set's builds would be of Cruella's car, the escape lorry, and Horace and Jasper's own lorry. Minifigures would include Cruella DeVil, Horace, Jasper, and the escape lorry's driver, with animal molds including Pongo, Perdy, and at least three dalmatian pups.

The Incredibles | The Incredimobile - A normal retail release, this set would be priced at around US $30-$40. The only build in this set would be of The Incredimobile, with four minifigures who would include 1950's Mr. Incredible1950's ElastigirlBuddy, and a crook.

On 1/9/2018 at 8:28 PM, saysonder said:

Cruella with Dalmatian

As far as Disney villains go, she's probably second to Maleficent, and another top choice I've forgotten to add to my own CMF wishlist. :thumbup:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I know it'll never happen, but I would love a Casey Jr. train set. With Dumbo, Mrs. Jumbo, Timothy...Also an Up house, with Carl, Ellie, Russell, new molds for Kevin, Dug...

12 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

I know it'll never happen, but I would love a Casey Jr. train set. With Dumbo, Mrs. Jumbo, Timothy...Also an Up house, with Carl, Ellie, Russell, new molds for Kevin, Dug...

Hey there, welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

It's amazingly ironic that you should mentioned Casey Junior, as I was only speculating the other day about the possibility of a set based upon that train over on this topic. I was wondering if 2019 might bring such a set in the advent of the release of Tim Burton's remake of the 1941 classic for that year. 

Also, your suggestion for Carl Fredricksen's house from Pixar's Up is yet another great idea, and one I could plausibly see happening. :thumbup:

My predictions for a Disney CMF Series 2:

1. Mickey Mouse (Sorcerer version)
  2. Goofy
  3. Pete
  4. Snow White
  5. Evil Queen
  6. Pinocchio
  7. Cruella de Vil
  8. Robin Hood
  9. Winnie the Pooh
  10. Tigger
  11. Belle
  12. The Beast
  13. Jafar
  14. Mulan
  15. Hades
  16. Woody
  17. Wreck It Ralph
  18. Elsa

As for other sets I'd love to see, I'm personally a big fan of the mini-doll sets (I know they're not as popular with hardcore Lego fans but whatevs). I'm desperate for more villains in that series: Cruella, Evil Queen, Lady Tremaine and her daughters, and maybe some male villains like Hades, Jafar, and Captain Hook.

Edited by Hythonia

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey there, welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

It's amazingly ironic that you should mentioned Casey Junior, as I was only speculating the other day about the possibility of a set based upon that train over on this topic. I was wondering if 2019 might bring such a set in the advent of the release of Tim Burton's remake of the 1941 classic for that year. 

Also, your suggestion for Carl Fredricksen's house from Pixar's Up is yet another great idea, and one I could plausibly see happening. :thumbup:

Thank you! Ironically, it was this thread, the Trains forum, Speed Champions that led me here! Grew up loving Disney and LEGO , so once LEGO started Disney stuff it was instant for me to get them! Ironically, working on Casey Junior and an Up house for  LEGO Ideas.

Here are a few other detailed set ideas:

Dumbo | Casey Junior's Circus Train - Priced at approximately US $100-$120, this set would feature locomotive Casey Jr. with at least three circus animal transporting box cars and a caboose, all set upon a full oval assembly of track. Figures would include Mrs. Jumbo, Dumbo, Timothy, and various other animal molds, both new and reprinted preexisting ones. Also, minifigures would include a train engineer, at least one clown, and the ringmaster.

Peter Pan | Showdown on the Jolly Roger - Priced at around US $100-$120, this set's main build would be of a minifigure scaled build of Captain Hook's Jolly Roger. Minifigures would include Peter Pan and Captain Hook (both with expressions differing from their CMF counterparts), John, Michael, Wendy, Mr. Smee, at least two Lost Boys and two pirate henchmen. Also, a Dark Green recolor of Lego's current crocodile mold and a small, brick built lantern printed with Tinkerbell's silhouette could be included.

The Little Mermaid | Prince Eric Takes On Ursula - Priced at somewhere between US $40-$60, the two main builds in this set would be of an upturned shipwreck and a Ant-Man style, brick build Queen Ursula. Four minifigures would come in the set, including both Ariel and Ursula (both with expressions differing from their CMF counterparts, with Ariel utilizing a Dark Green recolor of CMS2 Mermaid Batman's elongated tail), Prince Eric, and King Triton (also utilizing the new, elongated tail piece).

On 1/14/2018 at 11:07 AM, Hythonia said:

I'm desperate for more villains in that series: Cruella, Evil Queen, Lady Tremaine and her daughters, and maybe some male villains like Hades, Jafar, and Captain Hook.

While I do expect to see more female villains like Maleficent in future minidoll based Disney Princess sets, I don't really know about male villains. Perhaps those characters could hypothetically have a better chance of being seen in minifigure based sets instead? If sets featuring villians from Disney Princess movies were instead minifigure based, perhaps they could have a broader appeal for both girls and boys, since I'd presume the presence of those characters would mean that the sets would depict battle/showdown scenes from those movies.

On 1/14/2018 at 12:50 PM, Modeltrainman said:

Ironically, working on Casey Junior and an Up house for  LEGO Ideas.

Really?! Wow, I'd certainly like to see how those are going to turn out! Will they be built from physical bricks, or are they CAD designed?

Edited by Digger of Bricks