Sign in to follow this  
The Stad

AoM Barracks Phase 1: Sparring by the Sea

Though he likely would never rule Førstlys, Makny was a member of the lord's household, and would be expected to fight for him.  So his father spent many hours with him, teaching him to swing a sword and hold a shield.  They would often practice in dangerous corners of the island, so Makny learned to mind his footing and pay attention to his surroundings.  His father never went easy on him, for as all Mitgardians know, the pain of defeat is a warrior's greatest teacher.

http://39023178112_d720cfde6b_z.jpg

Comment and criticism welcome.

Spoiler

38903944872_53e3831073_z.jpg

38053789735_7fea653e8f_z.jpg

Edited by The Stad

Nicely done, the jutting rockwork looks neat, and the posing is very good too :wink:  Great little vig and story!

Nice vig, particularly the minifig posing and the water!
I also really like the Norse touch to your writing :classic:

Regarding the photo, I think the proportions of the build in the picture would be improved if you moved the camera further away from the build and zoomed in instead, right now the front of the build gets "enlarged" compared to the back when you have the camera lens too close to the build.

Thank you guys for the feedback.  Gideon, that tip with the camera might also explain why I've been having trouble keeping my MOCs in front of my backdrops while taking pictures.

Great tree, and although it is a bit uniform I like the rockwork too, your sig fig is shaping up to be a very interesting charachter.

On 29-12-2017 at 2:26 AM, The Maestro said:

Great tree, and although it is a bit uniform I like the rockwork too, your sig fig is shaping up to be a very interesting charachter.

As always, the Maestro was just a bit earlier to say the things I wanted to say: lovely tree, and even when it looks somewhat uniform, the rockwork is cool too!

Looking forward to some more builds from you

Great rockwork! The border should be altered, as others have said, but that is minor. The tree's foliage looks good, but for such slender trunks the bases seem too thick. The water effect is well done, though. 

You're off to a great start with your AoM builds! The green or blue (?) underneath the trans clear plates gives a nice sense of depth and the overhanging cliff face certainly would be a dangerous setting for a practice fight :thumbup:

Neat way of attaching the leaves, though as HQ pointed out, the bottom section of the trunks are a bit thick. Maybe just use 1x1 round bricks there instead of the slopes?

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!