Cjd223

[MOC] WIP - Sandcrawler

Finally.

After years and years of waiting, I am happy to announce that in a collaboration with Cavegod, we will be delivering an instruction manual to the community some time in the coming months for his Sandcrawler.

Lots of progress has already been made, and great efforts are being put in to ensure that the manual and design is the best that it can be.

The manual is about 40-50% complete to-date, and the model totals over 10-11k pieces.

Luck enough for me, I have been able to start working on my own model while developing the manual.  However unfortunately for me, my roommates won the battle of storing and sorting over ten thousand Lego pieces in our room, so it looks like at least for the time being, I will not be able to complete my own recreation of the model, but be ensured that currently there are some others who will complete the model for its release.

Here are some images of what I currently have completed, the base.  This measures around 2,500 pieces, and already has a fully-complete instruction manual:

24457692817_55a5d39709_z_d.jpg

38444174315_6f93897d33_z_d.jpg

24457693117_0804a1deba_z_d.jpg

24457757467_27d7aa029a_z_d.jpg

Given that I will not be able to pursue the completed model for a long time, I am parting with what I currently have built.  If you are interested in it, please PM me, it includes all pieces needed for the lower section (including motors), as well as the preliminary instruction manual for this section. 

It is truly exciting to be able to get this model released to the community, we know that a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this.

Awesome news mate. Did Cavegod and MB liaise with one another when creating their respective Sandcrawlers? I've compared photos between the two and they look quite similar (which is a good thing). Unless of course they both followed the reference material equally, that would also make sense.

I'll add this to the list of MOCs I need to undertake. I've realised that I'm a serial MOC "non-finisher" I haven't even started Mirkos U-wing yet... :look:

3 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow this is HUGE!!! :wub:

I want to see the final model! :thumbup:

38588739872_63e23545d4_b.jpg

Edited by cavegod

Great news. I always admired the model. Wanted to build a bigger Sandcrawler at some point and started to collect parts (tracks ordered via LugBULK some years ago :) )

Now i could put my 30+ Jawas to use with a Sandcrawler camp.

Hi Christian, do you have any idea when you will release the Sandcrawler's instructions? By chance, is the parts list ready? Thank you