After a few month break it's time to get back to Lego and Eurobricks, and why not do it in style :devil:

I give you the leopard 4x4:

800x450.jpg

The model is a combination of the following ideas and concepts:

• Quite some time ago I came up with double torque tube suspension idea and now it was time to use it in a real model
  • Claas tyres were an obvious choice due to their agressive profile and massive size.
  • With the release of the 42069 set, I was finally able to build a model with a unique and striking color combination

The final model took me some 12 hours to build and the features are as following:

- Powered by 4 RC motors and 2 Buwizz
- Double torque tube suspension
- Independent dual drivelines
- Dual servo steering gemoetry
- Working winch
- Working lights
- Openable doors
- Openable hood
- Openable and removable rear cover

Specs:
- Width: 24 cm
- Height: 24 cm
- Weight: 1600 grams
- Final gear ratio: 1:5 from outermost RC motor output
- Total power: ~60 watts

Now onto the photos:

800x784.jpg

The rear trunk can be opened:

800x785.jpg

800x661.jpg

There is barely enough room left for seats in the interior. Notice the different springs used to potimise suspension.

800x450.jpg

The before mentioned springs give the model excellent flex:

800x576.jpg

There are two servo motors used in order to keep the steering system as stiff and strong as possible:

800x450.jpg

Under the hood there is a hidden winch, which is strong enough to lift the car:

800x535.jpg

And the final, most important photo. Notice how the left and right side wheel drive axles use different colored joiners and bushes:

800x521.jpg

And finally there is a video of the model in action:

Safe to say the combiantion of the four RC motors and two Buwizzes with a low gear combiantion of 1:5 results in a model with impressive performance.

As seen in the video Leopard can wheelspin all 4 wheels when accelerating on flat surface, which is a first for any of my Lego offroaders.

Dual servo motors provide massive steering power and rigidity and allow the wheels to be steered into obstacles with ease.

Only downside to the model is it's slightly high center of gravity cause by all the added panels and detailing.

P.S. It feels good to be back :wub:

Edited by Zerobricks

I'm not sure if I'm the biggest fan of the colours or bodywork but that chassis is something mean it seems.....    Very aggressive and a very cool offroader:thumbup:

Edited by DugaldIC

I remember that old topic, I wanted to try something with that suspension set-up, but I haven't had a chance. Love the design of this monster, it has impressive performance, great speed, and the color scheme makes my eyes water. :laugh_hard: Good work, and welcome back! :thumbup:

It's amazing what can be done when 2 BuWizzs and 4 buggy motors are combined... and when a crazy (in a good way) color scheme is added, there's not much else to say except, WOW! *oh2*

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Wow! How beautiful! I love the suspension, and the axles as well. I want to see what orange and purple would look like :classic:

I wanted to use that at first, but it's not as a good combo as yellow+purple. You can see some orange, lime and purple combo here:

wow very nice, although i don't think that winch is very sturdy, or is it? i always use a worm gear when making a winch, this makes that the motor pulls the winch and not the winch pulling the motor, if you get what i mean. i really like how you did the rear axle, wish i had some of those rc motors, i don't get why lego hasn't made a new version of it.

Why won't you go out to test is, i always go to the woods when making crawlers, although mine really crawl because i only have XL motors.

Greetz,

TNLD

PS: liked the hamster pun

On 31. 12. 2017 at 6:24 PM, TheNextLegoDesinger said:

wow very nice, although i don't think that winch is very sturdy, or is it? i always use a worm gear when making a winch, this makes that the motor pulls the winch and not the winch pulling the motor, if you get what i mean. i really like how you did the rear axle, wish i had some of those rc motors, i don't get why lego hasn't made a new version of it.

Why won't you go out to test is, i always go to the woods when making crawlers, although mine really crawl because i only have XL motors.

Greetz,

TNLD

PS: liked the hamster pun

Winch is just meant to help out, not to really pull the whole weight.

There will be a video with this plus another model driving outdoors soon :wink:

It's real monster, like some buggy / pickup hybrid on tractor tires. :thumbup:

Honestly color combination is really cool 

@Zerobricksis back!  Iffy colors and looks, but terrific engineering and functioning!

I love this build and its performance.  One of the fastest trucks we have seen. 

BTW... congrats on the distinction of one of the best youtube channels.....