25418038468_bfc78a9292_z.jpg

Little was known about the strange, quiet, mysterious fellow who had dropped in to the Port Wilks inn one day - but that little could be summarized in this:

He always wore black, used a black sword, sailed a black ship, and wore his black hat at a bit of a tilt.  To be sure, there was a little dark brown thrown in here and there, but that didn't always make it in to all the rumors and whispers about the fellow.  

39256948012_e6eff8d9f9_z.jpg

(A shot of the ship's bow:)

39256928462_a15b69b108_z.jpg

All that was know about his own and his vessel's past or future was that the ship was of Terraversan make, was christened the Midnight's Mist, and was impressively armed, and that he had dropped some hints of picking up a crew in Garvey's Freeport and of heading over to take part in the Corry expedition into the inland of Celestia after that.  That he is a daring and well-armed pirate-hunter and explorer is accordingly the most popular rumor afloat in Port Wilks at the moment.

24423215207_e17d8e19e6_z.jpg

To be short, all in all, he was quite the enigmatic stranger, and was as likely as not to keep the whispers and rumors going for quite some time - in fact, he really seemed to rather enjoy them...

38408880545_73a9a4f77e_z.jpg

A small ship which got built quite unpremeditatedly, haha!  I was busy working on a different scene of a sinking ship (also for BoBS, and I hope to actually build that one soon! :grin:), and then got to liking the ship and tweaking it repeatedly until I got to liking it enough that I didn't feel like sinking it at all and it didn't really resemble the other one much anymore either, so here's the result - the Midnight's Mist:

38578049574_63c36d6584_z.jpg

As usual, I couldn't resist the urge to get a little interior in there somewhere! :laugh:

39257019522_dcb26d014d_z.jpg

A few other shots:

27509660599_11032c3366_z.jpg

Broadside:

25418241428_046f0c78d9_z.jpg

Stern:

39256884842_847bf55941_z.jpg

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always!

It's funny how that happens with ship builds.  You start working on something and before you know it, it has morphed into something grander.

It is a lovely vessel of course with quite the jaunty captain.

Nice little ship Garmadon, I really like the flex tube over the stern!  Great little interior too!  Not a lot of room to turn around in though... :pir-laugh:

17 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

It's funny how that happens with ship builds.  You start working on something and before you know it, it has morphed into something grander.

It is a lovely vessel of course with quite the jaunty captain.

:laugh: Very true... !  Thanks Kwatchi - only problem is that I've no more of an idea about what's up with the Captain than anyone else :pir-grin:

17 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Yes, a lovely little one... with good stuff

Thanks Prof! :pir-sweet:

12 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Nice little ship Garmadon, I really like the flex tube over the stern!  Great little interior too!  Not a lot of room to turn around in though... :pir-laugh:

Thanks Kai - yep, that flex tube worked quite nicely!  You don't need a big cabin when you've got the whole ship to yourself! :pir_tong2: :pir-laugh:

As always from you, a nice ship with fitting colors! Filed for future reference! Muhahaha! That mysterious guy is also intriguing and we would like you to elaborate at some time in the future if you find a good story or two :wink:

Very nice boat, Garmadon. Clever use of parts, the custom hull looks very convincing, the mast and rigging are very well done, it's not a big ship but it has a lot of great details, and I like how heavily armed she is.

I really like this ship! Quite the happy accident! Nice hull shape and sail plan. And the enigmatic stranger is shaping up to be a fun character. Looking forward to more about him! :thumbup:

On 12/26/2017 at 11:52 AM, blackdeathgr said:

As always from you, a nice ship with fitting colors! Filed for future reference! Muhahaha! That mysterious guy is also intriguing and we would like you to elaborate at some time in the future if you find a good story or two :wink:

Thanks Blackdeath!  Steal away as much as you like! :laugh:  I'm planning on using him as my explorer for Challenge I here, so we should be seeing more of him pretty soon!

On 12/27/2017 at 12:19 AM, Bodi said:

Very nice boat, Garmadon. Clever use of parts, the custom hull looks very convincing, the mast and rigging are very well done, it's not a big ship but it has a lot of great details, and I like how heavily armed she is.

I've been wanting a gun-heavy ship to licence for a while - now I just need someone to get into a feud with or something! :pir-laugh: :pir_tong2:  This was my first go at almost entirely LEGO rigging (only the thinner string sewed onto the sails isn't LEGO), and the hull was definitely inspired by some of the other great designs on these seas (particularly some of Legostone's work).  Thanks mate!

On 12/27/2017 at 2:41 AM, Capt Wolf said:

I really like this ship! Quite the happy accident! Nice hull shape and sail plan. And the enigmatic stranger is shaping up to be a fun character. Looking forward to more about him! :thumbup:

:grin: Yep, thanks Capt Wolf!  As it happened I had just got a free ship space opened up, so this was pretty good timing! :pir_laugh2:  As to the captain - I hope to deliver! :pir-grin:

I have missed the Mist.  Overall a fine ship with those custom sails etc. - and the bow section is nice.

However, I am not so sure about the poop deck. It looks like you are transporting a safe... I understand that otherwise there is no space for a captain's cabin but is there "room" for a different solution?

On 1/14/2018 at 5:49 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I have missed the Mist.  Overall a fine ship with those custom sails etc. - and the bow section is nice.

However, I am not so sure about the poop deck. It looks like you are transporting a safe... I understand that otherwise there is no space for a captain's cabin but is there "room" for a different solution?

:grin: Thanks Captain, glad you like it!  Yep, I know - I really should have made the sides go up sooner to avoid that 'safe' sort of look (I think if I wanted a cabin that really would be the way to go)... but maybe doing a cabin on a ship this small is just always going to look a wee bit off :laugh:  There sure isn't a whole lot of room on this ship, anyways! :pir-grin:

But now that I think of it, a sort of open cabin in the back might have worked pretty well - hmm, I'll keep that in mind for next time!