Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Sinister

7048 - Troll Warship Picture Review!

Ahhh great review Dr S *y*

I really love this set, it's far better than i first expected it would be. I really like how the small boats are attached to the bigger one, as Athos pointed out it's a real shame that the smaller boats are so empty but that's lego for you.

The new chocolate brown is nice, not sure if it will be a colour i will really use.

Thanks for the review and i love the army in the background of some of your pics :-)

The set looks beautifull, I'm in love *wub*

Thanks for the fantastic review!! You've cleared any and all doubts I had about buying this magnificent set. Can I say something though? Your dragon has no horns, yet on the box it has two white horns on its armored head. You have a bit too many white horns left over, so I wonder, did you perhaps overlook a bit of the instructions? Or did you just not include them because you thought they didn't look well?

Anyway, thanks for the great revieW!! *y*

No, you are right, I realised last night after the pictures were posted that I'd forgotten to put the horns in. :-$

Dr. S.

Great review! But what i just noticed..how do they navigate the ship? there is no steering wheel or something else! And how do they move the small boats? Nothing to row them there, as far as i see...

Edited by metalandi

Great review! But what i just noticed..how do they navigate the ship? there is no steering wheel or something else! And how do they move the small boats? Nothing to row them there, as far as i see...

Magic!

I guess the Evil Wizard has enchanted their stuff for them!

Thank you for a very nice review, Doctor Sinister! *y*

That

And how do they move the small boats? Nothing to row them there, as far as i see...

To steal a joke used elsewhere, they use trolling motors... X-D

Steve

thank you for the nice review. I don't think I buy this set, but it is a nice follow-up for the viking boat.

Great review, thanks for the detail.

The reddish-brown pieces that I have look very much like chocolate to me! So I'm wondering if the new dark-brown is dark-chocolate :)

Does that make reddish-brown milk-chocolate?!

Those pictures in the review have made this set look a lot more appealing in my opinion.

It looks like a great set for both parts and playability, and the only thing I dislike is the strange flickr-launch thingie on the front.

Viking Ship + Skeleton Ship = This garbage one of the most unoriginal sets i have seen in this line so far. Not trying to be a party pooper

Viking Ship + Skeleton Ship = This garbage one of the most unoriginal sets i have seen in this line so far. Not trying to be a party pooper

I respect your opinion, but... you lie! :-P (Joking.)

Seriously, I can see why you may not like it, it does look similar to the Viking Longboat, but I love that it comes with a new brown hull, and the whole thing just floats my boat. (Heh, 'scuse the pun...) It's longer than the stubby little skeleton's ship, so that's an instant bonus. And the chains, oh the chains, oh so many chains. X-D Another bonus. The giant troll, bonus, all those Orks (or trolls), bonus, gold and green dragon with new head piece, bonus. This set's just a big win.

Well, except for the price tag... 8-|

~Peace

The reddish-brown pieces that I have look very much like chocolate to me! So I'm wondering if the new dark-brown is dark-chocolate :)

Does that make reddish-brown milk-chocolate?!

I agree - definitely milk chocolate and dark chocolate! Maybe it's Lego cost-cutting exercise... less pigment... more cocoa beans... :-)

My Troll Warship arrived yesterday but sadly no extra sail - I think Dr Sinister was just lucky!

If your'e only going to buy one set of this line, this is the one. It has a troll, orc's armor, two different color orc helmets, a dwarf and (at least for me) the more nautical parts the better.

Where is this available so far? Somebody, please tell me when this hits the midwest US.

Great review, great set! ) *sweet* But.... Why did TLC put a red-bearded dwarf in the set? I mean, we alredy have one in pattle-pack-like-set "Mine Defender", so every dwarf-fan will have many of them! Why not put, say, a black-bearded one? |-/

Awesome! Thanks for the play-by-play. Too bad some poor schmuck might get a set with only 1 sail... :-/ I didn't expect to see 2 Goblin "leaders" out of 4.

If your'e only going to buy one set of this line, this is the one. It has a troll, orc's armor, two different color orc helmets, a dwarf and (at least for me) the more nautical parts the better.

Where is this available so far? Somebody, please tell me when this hits the midwest US.

Not in Texas yet as of yesterday, only got the battle wheel.

Oh my lord! This is one of the best recent sets I think. And six trolls? I thought there were four! Can't wait for this! *wub*

Also, does anyone know what the U.S. price will be?

wish TLC had made a new creature instead. I would have liked having a gryphon mount. :-P dragon vs dragon...just reeks too much of D&D. :-P

wish TLC had made a new creature instead. I would have liked having a gryphon mount. :-P dragon vs dragon...just reeks too much of D&D. :-P

Well that's true but having picked the set up myself yesterday, i can add that it's a great new dragon to add to the collection *y*

Well that's true but having picked the set up myself yesterday, i can add that it's a great new dragon to add to the collection *y*

One question? Anyone in the US get it yet, because, I have someone in Sweden and was wondering if I should get this set now or wait till August to get this set in the States. I was wondering what the price difference is *sceptic*

Also, I needed someones opinion on the cost of some sets I'm ordering. I'm gonna buy Vladek's dark Fortress, Dwarves' Mine, Viking Longboat vs Sea serpent, Jabba's sail barge and maybe even The troll warship. Can someone give me general feedback on each set and approximate price and weight estimation? Its a big favor to ask but, please? *wink*