efferman

42078 Mack Anthem Mods and improvements

I see there couple files for mack rc am not sure which one is latest one and can some1 point me latest lxf files plz

I am looking for the instructions to make the power functions modification to the 42078 "B" model, please help.

22 hours ago, jay43_ew said:

I am looking for the instructions to make the power functions modification to the 42078 "B" model, please help.

Instructions do not exist. Have fun figuring it out :) 

4 minutes ago, technical said:

Thanks for letting me know, I guess when you did your modifications to the model you didn't make the instructions or you don't want to share them.

18 minutes ago, technical said:

8 minutes ago, jay43_ew said:

Thanks for letting me know, I guess when you did your modifications to the model you didn't make the instructions or you don't want to share them.

and i tought it was a forum to help each other out if we can  and not put them down to the ground 

i think jay43_ew is write and you only don't want to help 

8 minutes ago, cowboyspeedy said:

and i tought it was a forum to help each other out if we can  and not put them down to the ground 

i think jay43_ew is write and you only don't want to help 

Dont worry cowboyspeedy based on the pictures that he posted i am sure that i can figure out all of the modifications that were made, i might even post the instructions once i figure them all out.

i am not worreyd but i find it a shame that he won't help you 

because i got the help i wanted with building my truck and i am verry happy with it 

but i will never understand people who post a new kind of model from the truck and won't help others to build the same one 

i would be proude that people want to build my model 

28 minutes ago, cowboyspeedy said:

I will never understand people who post a new kind of model from the truck and won't help others to build the same one

I never made instructions or digital models of what I did. I'm not holding anything back or being unhelpful. I simply don't have the information, and have disassembled the model completely to build other stuff. I never keep anything assembled. Don't throw shame on me for that.

3 hours ago, technical said:

but the response you made at his question sounds other wise and then you get the same response you don't want to see 

if you just told him that the first place then people like me don't say stuf i did 

so i am sorry for that 

19 hours ago, cowboyspeedy said:

22 hours ago, technical said:

f you just told him that the first place then people like me don't say stuf i did 

No worries; just to clarify, I wasn't being sarcastic here. To me, motorizing the model without anyone's directions was the most fun. If instructions had been available, I wouldn't have used them. Not as fun. So really do hope Jay engineers a solution on his/her own and has as much fun doing it as I did! ? Much greater feeling of accomplishment.

that is true to 

there is not a greater feeling when you get it done on your one. but if you are lijke me just a beginner with this than it is hard to do that 

but i am glad that the ''fight'' about this is cleared now and i hope to that Jay can make that model 

Is there instructions/parts list for a more standard box trailer? I feel it will look better for display purposes. The functions of the cranes and container are nice, but it looks like a mess on display. 

Technical, i started to build the "B" model of 42078 and i was looking at the pics of yours that you had posted. I am using those as a reference to modify mine, is there any way that you could either post here or email me a pic of the shocks that you added without the wheels on? Thanks

Edited by jay43_ew

Milan grohl Reindl posted a few time ago a nice C model for the Mack : a Mack Granite with snow plow, really different from M_longer's moc (I love both)

Video instructions are now available from him also.

Edited by fosamax

This is my attempt of RC-ing 42078.

40211277363_ff0c044d06_c.jpg42078 RC by Rene Ren, on Flickr

Inspired by the placement of the servo for steering by Efferman, I decided to give it a go. My goals were to use as few extra pieces as possible (mostly from 42030) and to maintain the clean looks of the set. I used the following PF-components:

1 battery box (technic), 2 PF-receivers, 2 L-motors, 1 M-motor, 1 Servo and 2 short extension wires.

I’m fairly satisfied with the result. Most of the PF-components are not or hardly visible and most importantly: everything works! (with one minor exception, later fixed). The result is partly visible on the pics, but since I took none during the building, I’ll try to explain some solutions:

Truck:

-      Battery-box: to my surprise, this fitted in. First I just dropped it behind the servo, but there it interfered with the steering arm. So I had to hang it on a couple of axles. Not the most elegant, but sturdy enough. Via the yellow 7L-beam and a few small parts, the on/off switch is handled via the 2L-half beam on the back side of the cabin.

-      Servo: pretty much just like Efferman placed it. Works fine.

-      Receiver: above the battery-box. With a little modification of the roof and upper back side of the cabin, only the receiving end is visible.

-      L-motor for driving: this just fits below the back side of the cabin. To make it fit, I had to replace some 15L-beams of the chassis by 13L ones, but I think structure isn’t weakened much. 

-      Short extension wire: from battery-box to the plate behind the cabin, for easy (dis)connecting the trailer.

47124096192_4603d86a53_c.jpg42078 RC by Rene Ren, on Flickr

33301204118_f2bfcce79a_c.jpgUntitled by Rene Ren, on Flickr

Trailer:

-      Receiver: the only very visible proof of RC ;)

-      L-motor: in the center of the trailer, below the bed. Geared down a bit, but in fact this was mostly needed to make the gearing fit properly. For the big LA’s, an M-motor just hasn’t enough power. In fact, even the L-motor suffered a bit, so later I geared it down a bit more (see last pics).

-      M-motor plus short extension wire: in the center, below the bed, behind the L-motor. For the small LA’s it has enough power.

33310323078_4991526126_c.jpgUntitled by Rene Ren, on Flickr

33310323098_63150684a0_c.jpgUntitled by Rene Ren, on Flickr

Link to the rest of the album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/159049543@N02/albums/72157678873874678/with/33310323078/

Thanks for watching, hope you like it.

Hi all,

Looking through this thread got me back into Technics after many years.
Went out and bought the Mack Anthem set a couple of weeks back.

Thoroughly enjoyed building it, then after a day or so, started playing with the design.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to come up with your own designs and tweaking the standard designs.

Rebuilt the container and trailer last night, into a beaver-tail style flat-bed. Still need to tinker with the design a little and tidy up some rough edges.

IMG_0602_zps5dkvhmfg.jpg

IMG_0603_zpsdpcpquwa.jpg

On 4/15/2018 at 1:40 PM, ScaleCarModels said:

I give it 10/10 from what I can see. I would like more pics if you have any available. This is exactly the way I want to build mine. Only difference would be I want to build a tri-axle heavy haul version. I don't think the 1:1 anthem is available in this configuration. That's what's great about Lego you can build it however you want. I'm not a big fan of the sleeper version or the trailer. I want to build a low boy or some type of flat deck trailer with a bunch of axles. I would also like to convert it to more a accurate dual wheel set up. So far it appears not to be a simple change.

I think that it exists, at least the one with 70" sleeper (not a daycab, sorry): https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trucks/for-sale/29244199/2019-mack-anthem-86t (its wheelbase is 265").

kZRiLIpc7140BrOgo6qZ2vOZIywcQREf9pwdd%2B

By the way, I have spent some time and found the information of wheelbases:

• Mack Anthem 42T (2-axles, 4x2, Day Cab) - 161". A short mini-Anthem that tows lightweight (up to 42 ton) trailers.
  • Mack Anthem 64T (3-axles, 6x4, Day Cab) - 172". A "normal" Anthem with a Day Cab with no sleeper and therefore shorter wheelbase (macktrucks.com).
  • Mack Anthem 64R (3-axles, 6x4, Day Cab) - 197". A "rigid" chassis for some cargo attachments (not a semi-truck, have found only a single instance for rent).
  • Mack Anthem 64T (3-axles, 6x4, 48" Sleeper / 70" Sleeper) - 239". A full-size Anthem with a longer wheelbase to fit the sleeper (macktrucks.com).
  • Mack Anthem 86T (4-axles, 8x6, 48" Sleeper / 70" Sleeper) - 265". A monstrous semi-truck with an enormously long wheelbase to fit one more rear axle.

I'm working on a MODs family now that allows replacing the rear half-frame or a cab to turn the original model into these ones. Hopefully, I will find some time to finish them...

On 1/20/2019 at 12:50 PM, M_longer said:

After few days of work alternate model for 42078 is finished. Now I only need few weeks for making the instructions...

640x360.jpg

The model has 5 manual functions, two in trailer (lowering the blade and changing angle of the chassis), and three in truck. Which are: lowering the front blade, elevating the dump bed (sand spreader can be taken away, becuase it's additional module), and front wheel steering with working steering wheel. The sand spreader is powered from truck's rear axle.

WOW! Awesome mod !! Great work!

I'm not still ready to finish and present the MOD with "easy replaceable cabs family" unfortunately but would like to share the smallest modification that helps a lot with a problem of falling apart antennas. I have found their mounting points very weak (only a single for such a big part!) and was looking for a way to embrace it until got an idea to put them lower by two units: now the 3L bar goes through the bottom black pin whereas the antenna goes through the top one and is securely locked on its place. It will never fall apart plus doesn't protrude so high above the roof top, win-win, I believe.

MVIMG_20190514_210325_2.jpg

Another MOD that I did is a more authentic look for the front wheels. I really like how the TLG made the rims with studs and nuts using the pulleys and pins with stud, but it wasn't authentic enough to be well-recognized classic protruded center with hubcap and the holes at the outer space:

640x173.jpg

So (I would ask the purists not to blame me, please) I sacrificed two scratched enough wheels to get the center part that perfectly replicates this look: outer holed dish with raised center and fake nuts:

640x360.jpg

And the assembled wheel:

640x360.jpg

Off course, I don't ask you to repeat it. It was my idea, my decision and only my result, whatever they good or bad are, that I just wanted to demonstrate.

@Void_S despite I'm (mostly) purist, I found that you made great solution for front wheels 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, fosamax said:

Milan grohl Reindl posted a few time ago a nice C model for the Mack : a Mack Granite with snow plow, really different from M_longer's moc (I love both)

Video instructions are now available from him also.

And... here is an LDD file with this amazing C-Model! https://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/42078/mack-granite-by-grohl/42078 C-Model Mack Granite with Snowplow by Grohl (Milan Reindl).lxf

@grohl, thank you again for this model! You seem to never stop surprising us!

640x427.jpg

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

And... here is an LDD file with this amazing C-Model!

At last I have chance to make a comparison of two Granites :)

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

54 minutes ago, M_longer said:

At last I have chance to make a comparison of two Granites :)

Yeah, right, it's a really highly desired comparison :thumbup: 

I'd say they are in a bit different scale:

• your just a very little smaller, that allowed saving enough parts for the trailer
  • Grohl's a bit bigger as it fully follows the original chassis and cab design where it was possible