efferman

42078 Mack Anthem Mods and improvements

15 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

Yup - it is called a Molotow liquid chrome, I got mine from amazon. It doesn’t hold up to playing, but for display purposes I was so impressed with it. All the reviews I read of spray paint said they are more matte, but this pen has a good mirror finish.

Sound like it’s good stuff. I’m now off to Amazon to take a look. Thank you.

Update: Just ordered a couple of pens. Thanks again for the info.

Edited by grum64
Updated

No problem. I should have said that the 4mm nib ended up working the best for me. The 1mm is good for tiny parts like half bushes, but is really too fine for much else and it’s trickier to get an even finish with the smallest nib size. Interested to see how you get on :)

Edited by Paknaloid

1 hour ago, Paknaloid said:

@Aleh there’s a few on YouTube, something like this is a good example...

Thanks! Understood the technology - I used the same stuff but in white color to draw in my bicycle tires. Need experience to draw correct letters, firstly my result was awfull :(
The last question my friend - do you use 1, 2 or 4 mm marker?

I started with 1mm but found it too fine for Lego. I switched to 4mm and found that ideal, although if you want to do a lot of it then it probably couldn’t hurt to get a 2mm or 1mm as well, in case there are hard to reach sections. E.g I did the wheel hubs on my Porsche as well, 4mm was fine and I think they look good but there were a few internal areas I couldn’t quite reach.

Anyway I found it pretty satisfying doing it all, and it extended the life of the project too which was handy, as I’m in between builds until I hopefully get the Bugatti for Christmas ?

37 minutes ago, tadzik said:

My mod - Mack RV truck. Inspired by many of RV trucks seen around North America :)

mack.jpg

Very cool, Tadzik! Nice work. Can you show us more detail? What's inside? 

On 11/29/2018 at 9:40 PM, DennyK said:

My simply mod

Very cool DennyK! A dumpster hauler! Great mechanism. Now all you need is remote control, and perhaps motorize the vehicle movement! 

12 minutes ago, phill163 said:

Where can i download the app etc to open lxf files

Google Lego Digital Designer :grin:

9 hours ago, phill163 said:

Where can i download the app etc to open lxf files

If you're looking for an app to open .lxf files look no further than Buf3d+. For an app it's got some great features. You'll find it in the Play Store.

I've always wondered why is there a plow on one side but not the other side, and why is there the need for a side plow from the beginning?

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

and why is there the need for a side plow from the beginning?

It is wider than single truck, even with additional blade. So with single operator can push more snow :)

After few days of work alternate model for 42078 is finished. Now I only need few weeks for making the instructions...

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

The model has 5 manual functions, two in trailer (lowering the blade and changing angle of the chassis), and three in truck. Which are: lowering the front blade, elevating the dump bed (sand spreader can be taken away, becuase it's additional module), and front wheel steering with working steering wheel. The sand spreader is powered from truck's rear axle.

@M_longer Wonderful creation, I love it a lot :wub:! Reminds me of you ingenious crane, a C-model of the Arocs. So posting this just as a MOD of the Mack is at least an understatement if not a misunderstanding IMHO :sweet:!

That is awesome! It's impressive already as a MOC, but that it's built as C-model is even more impressive. :thumbup: I should get this set just for the C-model potential.

Do you have some more photo's or video showing the functions of the trailer?

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

So posting this just as a MOD of the Mack is at least an understatement if not a misunderstanding IMHO :sweet:

1 hour ago, Ludo Visser said:

Do you have some more photo's or video showing the functions of the trailer?

There will be a proper presentation with video and much more pictures, when instructions will be ready. And that means few weeks from now.

@M_longer it is actually very difficult to choose between your model and official B model ?; both look very very good :thumbup:

16 hours ago, M_longer said:

After few days of work alternate model for 42078 is finished. Now I only need few weeks for making the instructions...

The model has 5 manual functions, two in trailer (lowering the blade and changing angle of the chassis), and three in truck. Which are: lowering the front blade, elevating the dump bed (sand spreader can be taken away, becuase it's additional module), and front wheel steering with working steering wheel. The sand spreader is powered from truck's rear axle.

Great alternate model! Very well build!