efferman

42078 Mack Anthem Mods and improvements

Good job on the mods @jono rocky might even try the dualie mod myself. Something about that bullbar I just don't like, can't really put my finger on it though. To bulky, wrong color, not ideally positioned just not sure. 

I do think it is a great set for modding, mine is actually in a heap of sub-assemblies now, working on simple RC controls without changing the looks. 

On 6/8/2018 at 5:08 PM, jono rocky said:

I followed a pic of the Mack with a bullbar. I made the middle bar narrower so you can still see the number plate plus it looked too bulky. I can still see the pics and the link in my previous post but HERE is the link to my brick safe folder. And one last pic of the full customized one cause I forgot to fill the gaps in the bonnet and I've updated the file for it in the folder.

800x450.jpg

Thanks for sharing your mods and LDD files. I will definitely be using these on my build. I really like the exhaust system and the dual wheel mod. I plan to build it as a day cab tri-axle heavy haul version.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, efferman said:

Some work with my mods

hello Effreman 

i have a question for you . can you tell me where i can find this lfx for the trailer ?

because the one i have now from you is with out the a machine for the stands from the truck going  in and out before you lift the box from the truck 

you can see wat i mean at the video at 1:06 min 

i hope you or sombody else can help me at that lfxor pdf

Edited by cowboyspeedy

For the 42078 B-model Mack LR garbage truck, I've installed Power Functions control for driving, turning, operating the dumpster fork, and opening the rear door. It can pick up, dump, and return the dumpster by remote control. I also added rear suspension, headlights, and countless other small improvements. It's a handsome model and a lot of fun to play with. I think this type of model embodies the best of Technics -- it has many functions you can actually play with. Motorizing it makes it so much better!

N895GUD.jpg

Along with the RC functions, I made subtle changes to the design and improved color matching.

nMv2uZ3.jpg

M77JGM1.jpg

IDaa5uc.jpg

I changed the grille and headlights. The headlights are now clear bricks (3065) so PF LEDs can shine through them. 3065.pngThe turn signals also illuminate.

zaNyQKe.jpg

I added this deflector on the top of the cab with spare 42078 parts. Many Mack LR configurations include this.

U1kghBN.jpg?1

The compactor body detaches cleanly from the chassis with 5 pins.

eaAHoIE.jpg

1VYg1E9.jpg

Visible here are 3 of the 4 PF motors on the model. The "engine" in the cab does operate by motor as well by linkage to the drive train.

fqhbmvx.jpg

This is a tight spot. Both the main drive and fork drive assemblies collide here.

x13T6KL.jpg

The gap on the right is for the steering motor wire. The red pin helps hold the box on.

LioQSLL.jpg

The battery box slides in.

sGoW4dR.jpg

Looking into the ceiling of the compactor box, visible are the PF receivers and M motor driving the rear gate.

kbvi0PP.jpg

Rear gate drive assembly.

ULPytcx.jpg

The suspension operates. You can see there is some pre-load to the shock absorbers because the box is so heavy.

0ccCHo3.jpg

Authentic City of Madison, Wisconsin badge on the door.

tfrRUTh.jpg

Authentic City of Madison, Wisconsin badge on the door.

rLUYex6.jpg

2B038hm.png A shout-out to Bricks & Minifigs, where I bought this set used. B&M also provided the screenprinted city logos.

Edited by technical

i had already found that site . but wich one is the one with the moter for the stands on the site then ? or is that the one with the 20 foot container ?

with 5 moters in it?

Edited by cowboyspeedy

In my first build of the 42078 B, as the fork goes up the push the trash bin cover up perfectly. But in the second time it is always stuck in the middle and requires a lot of force from the LA to push the cover back, even when I build accurately and have rechecked many times So I made a small mod to the linkage of the cover. Hope it helps for people facing the same problem.

20180818_162314

That one could also be B model...it is more "Legendary" than LR, but garbage truck is great refreshment

Edited by I_Igor

11 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

From Milan, the designer of the set

Mack Granite lift axle dump truck!

Thanks for the picture. I saw on @grohl Facebook page, that this is still work in progress. Really cool that Milan creates these C-Models. I bought his heavy duty helicopter only when I saw his C Model Dragon. Let’s hope he will make instructions, it will make this set even more attractive.

Edited by WvG_853
Correction of typos

Hi all, watching and learning for along time but now just registerd for some ideas about the B mod

44959554282_30bd286d7f_b.jpg

The L motor to control 2 big LAs

44288640114_5e44fefed2_b.jpg

Very simply solution

44288640504_6956378e79_b.jpg

This kind of setup will give your very fine turn, not like servo motor

31135240128_ba16c5b042_b.jpg

The M motor can fit at the small space at the rear of the truck for back and forward

31135241868_2ee238422d_b.jpg

A closer look

44288641064_1352b739c6_b.jpg

On the other side we can fit 2 receivers

I try to fit as many as function in any space the at can to keep the truck close the original

I've finally finished my build. I did quite a lot of chroming.  Credit @M_longer for the design of the trailer, which I then modified slightly.  Also credit RB Instructions for the bull-bar design, which I decided to adopt as my own version wasn't securely attached to the front and this provides a neater solution: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-18420/RB-instructions/bull-catcher-version-2-for-42078-mack-anthem-and-c-modell-mack-daycab/

The load  of 'concrete' pipe segments is not Lego, obvs,

Thanks for looking.

Oh, @ mods - Sariel's thumbnail builder isn't working for me, so apologies if the pics are too large.

547CEC16-0B3D-4C5A-A986-8BC5B8061FA3.jpe

284FB2D2-0F2F-4AE2-B7EB-AA4C276B13F8.jpe

E05AF8D2-53D1-40C5-BF38-52C12FE3F271.jpe

E03CD20D-BCD1-48C0-8000-8498D383ED8C.jpe

858F41A3-0FA4-4E5C-8400-5D8F4A01E6D5.jpe

82CCF36A-CF85-49BC-9484-BB97B8C6757B.jpe

6C8410CC-64DB-45D8-8AD1-3623FD76A683.jpe

643AB918-A083-4920-AD7F-8AF74EC28177.jpe

5E702DC9-B2CA-453D-B624-8278815039D9.jpe

448605EF-2B95-40B0-96FB-29FC7186473B.jpe

142DA56B-31A1-44DC-BF76-E60C6061940D.jpe

1329C35F-D9E5-4340-8D11-B5FC5E1B6892.jpe

0E7D994F-2607-494D-9F49-9CE5542F9AC4.jpe

@Paknaloid turned out pretty good, I really need some chrome rims. The only thing I guess I don't really care for is that bull bar, seems a tad oversized to me, not sure how it could be better though. Really like the trailer as well, did you use mostly parts that came with the set? 

Couldn't help but notice the logo on the pipes, do you live in the Indianapolis area. 

Anyway looks like you had fun with this mod, good job. 

Edited by Johnny1360

@Johnny1360 thank you - and no, I’m not from the Indianapolis area, I’m from the United Kingdom area :) I just liked the company name.

i know what you mean about the bull bar - I preferred the shape I had on my own design as it was more curved around the shape of the nose. However it was very poorly attached to the trick and I couldn’t figure out a clean way to fix it on.

i used some extra parts to mod the trailer, but @M_longer‘s original design uses only parts from the stock set so is a true ‘C model’ trailer.

Edited by Paknaloid

@Aleh thank you! To be honest, I chromed them myself using a ‘liquid chrome’ pen. Time consuming, easy to mess up, and not as perfect as genuine chrome, but from a distance it is hard to tell and I’m very pleased with the results. Much cheaper than getting it done properly.

What? What? What? Liquid Chrome Pen? Please, tell me more.

Edited by grum64

Yup - it is called a Molotow liquid chrome, I got mine from amazon. It doesn’t hold up to playing, but for display purposes I was so impressed with it. All the reviews I read of spray paint said they are more matte, but this pen has a good mirror finish.