efferman

42078 Mack Anthem Mods and improvements

On 4/17/2018 at 5:44 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Has anyone tried the wheels from 10258 London Bus as duallies on the rear axles of this set?

Not in real life, but I used the LXF-file of effermans wide body mod to make this image:

http://i68.tinypic.com/sbn2x4.jpg

It just doesn't look right to me, the original wheels look much better, even if they are single rear tires.

EDIT: It seems that images aren't loaded automatically for me, I keep seeing only the links, any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by Cumulonimbus

I've never noticed these single Super Tires for rear tires, but I've never heard of them to even think to look for that. I'll have to watch for this on trucks when I'm out.

I downloaded a brochure for the real life Mack Anthem. The back tires are not very clear in most of the pictures, but it does appear to have wide single tires for the rear axles in a couple pics. However, the front tires are not as wide, so now the inaccuracy may be the front tires. I would still prefer duallies and the London Bus tires look like they could work from that image. 

Here is a version with super single and it looks great :blush:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-IYoJrb5eV80looSGHjA

4 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

*snip*

Oh wow, I never realised how small those tyres were. I always just assumed they’d be the same size as the current Mack ones, only thinner!

Now I fully understand and agree with Lego’s choice to use super singles. They’d have to make yet another tyre mold.

2 hours ago, NeilJam said:

I would still prefer duallies and the London Bus tires look like they could work from that image. 

They absolutely don’t work - the diameter’s too small

On 24/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, efferman said:

This morning i have widened the sleeper to vehicle width, and is surprising how much difference 40 parts can give.

25389636868_be5ac4975f_c.jpg

lxf

Do you have the instructions for the wider mod somewhere?? 

Hello 

i am new here on the site and i must start on building the truck with the mods on the site 

but to move the truck et after the container trailer what is necessary  ?

one remote control (8885 or 8879 of lego shop ) for truck

for the trailer (885 or 8879)

Becouse this will be my first lego with a rc 

i hope you can help me with that so i can order the right controler for the jobs

greetz from cowboyspeedy

You mean controller 8885 or 8879?

8885 no proportion control, better choose this one, much easier to use.

8879 takes a lot to steer and accelerate, not my suggestion.

I would say 8885 is the better way to go.

14 minutes ago, cowboyspeedy said:

ok thanks for the reply now all i need to know is how many of these rc's i need for the truck and trailer

I would assume or reccomend:

• 2 remotes
  • 2 Recievers
  • Servo motor
  • XL motor 
  • 2 M motors

Hello, what will I need for a rc truck only? 1x XL motor, 1x servo motor, 1x receiver (or two?), 1x battery box and 1x controller?
Thank you for your response.

On 1.6.2018 at 11:26 AM, Hystrix said:

Hello, what will I need for a rc truck only? 1x XL motor, 1x servo motor, 1x receiver, 1x battery box and 1x controller!

Has anyone managed to shorten and/or reshape the nose? Reading Milan’s review, that seems to be one of the few criticisms of the cosmetics, but I can’t tell if shortening the front end by 2-3 studs would be relatively straightforward, fairly difficult, or nigh-on impossible.

After a long spell and still waiting for my Bugatti to leave the warehouse, I decided to mod the Mack a little and came up with these. All LDD files for each one can be found here on my Bricksafe folder.

First up is a bullbar and the redesigned lower front bar to allow the bullbar. The bonnet can still open as normal.

Mack%2042078%20BB%20mount%20step%20398.l640x399.jpg

Dual rear tires and modified smaller fith wheel                                                                                                                                   Filled hole in bonnet

640x413.jpg640x413.jpg

Cleaner exhausts                                                                                                                         All mods together to look like this

640x360.jpg800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Due to the way ldd uses the Brick, Round piece, I couldn't insert the exhausts. I've tried to make each mod interchangeable with the original truck design and made a full modded design with files for LDD.

Very nice!

I think the bull bar should extend up higher, at least protecting (part of) the grille and the headlights. Now it looks a bit like a dozer blade :wink:

52 minutes ago, Ludo Visser said:

I think the bull bar should extend up higher

Yeah, just the middle section. All in all I like these mods very much.

I followed a pic of the Mack with a bullbar. I made the middle bar narrower so you can still see the number plate plus it looked too bulky. I can still see the pics and the link in my previous post but HERE is the link to my brick safe folder. And one last pic of the full customized one cause I forgot to fill the gaps in the bonnet and I've updated the file for it in the folder.

800x450.jpg