efferman

42078 Mack Anthem Mods and improvements

1 hour ago, efferman said:

with or without RC?

@igor why 7 studs?

640x480.jpg

RC of course

If you remove the mp8 from under the hood, there is room, though the wheel base needs to be shrunk, it just seems to me lego missed a great opportunity

to produce a C model with all those parts.

Edited by brickless_kiwi
kiwi doddling in LDD

4 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

it just seems to me lego missed a great opportunity

to produce a C model with all those parts.

Yeah... like with Unimog, Arocs and Xerion...

14 hours ago, efferman said:

@igor why 7 studs?

So you have to modify only rear part of the trailer (49.5 tires are about 6 studs + one stud for distance between wheels).

BTW Mack with day cab looks better for this container transport. If it could have double rear wheels that would be great

Sorry for late response, had a busy day...

8 hours ago, M_longer said:

Yeah... like with Unimog, Arocs and Xerion...

But as you see there is always a room for modifications, improovement so mocers have fun and develop creativity like @efferman in this topic....and LEGO did it on purpose

I like your approach @efferman though yes the day cab wheelbase should be shorter for the life of me I can't find any information on the wheelbases though I have taken a guess and removed 4 studs out of the wheelbase to get a better look ( I know @M_longer will beat me with a scale rule ) at the moment this is allpurely digital for me until my set's arrive and then getting time to build them is another thing. I will probably keep the skin of the anthem but completely change the frame.

640x480.jpg

13 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I like your approach @efferman though yes the day cab wheelbase should be shorter for the life of me I can't find any information on the wheelbases though I have taken a guess and removed 4 studs out of the wheelbase to get a better look ( I know @M_longer will beat me with a scale rule ) at the moment this is allpurely digital for me until my set's arrive and then getting time to build them is another thing. I will probably keep the skin of the anthem but completely change the frame.

It is nice un blue and daycab version is really good. Original looks a bit as a sleeper on steroids :wink:

13 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

This is very similar to what I would do with the MACK. I love it!

Also, idk why, but I tend to like the red frame on trucks. 

1 hour ago, aminnich said:

This is very similar to what I would do with the MACK. I love it!

Also, idk why, but I tend to like the red frame on trucks. 

That would be interesting - red frame, but newer models have all black frames. Perhaps they decided to paint them (red and gray are usually base colors)

On 1/3/2018 at 2:18 AM, efferman said:

@brickless_kiwi, my aproach

27674392119_290ed4bb1d_c.jpg

Should a daycab not have a shorter wheelbase?

edit: everything is inside

24589871517_c18b3cd9eb_c.jpg

Keep the long frame and day cab to use the area for a crane eg: logging truck or do a updated version of  8258 Crane truck  https://brickset.com/sets/8258-1/Crane-Truck

Edited by Phantom59

On 12/31/2017 at 2:08 AM, efferman said:

only a small american style flatbed

38525735305_8cab70af0f_c.jpg

Cant wait to get the set.  I plan on building a drop deck, or van trailer for it.

Michael thank you for recognition, hope that this solution would work :wink:

There is a half bush between tthe liftarm which holds the diff, and the part which supports the axle ext to the rim.

I do not think that a double back wheel is a must have.

But your IR integrated day cab version definitively is.

Thanks for ldd file.

Mr @efferman You area very talented Lego builder, its not till you have both files side by side until you see the suttle differences in the hood and front apron.

In the next day or so I should be able to start building my frame in real life ( but I have enjoyed the LDD build of which I have used your K100 front end so this Mack does have Ackerman steering and I like the look of trident wheels ( I have them on my Super Mack in real life ). The frame is the correct wheelbase according to sariels scale calculator, I just wanting too finish the tanks and steps.  Powered by twin L motors

640x480.jpg

Hey guys! Does anybody thinking about 8x4 or even 10x4 MOD? I do. But only after buong the set. It will be not in the near future :(